Author Topic: I am Heartbroken.  (Read 10913 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
I am Heartbroken.
« on: July 02, 2014, 01:02:19 PM »
One of my beloved Greyhounds passed away last night.  Its not easy at all as she was by my side always and I never left her.

Henda

• Getbig V
Re: I am Heartbroken.
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 01:05:29 PM »
Sorry for your loss mate. losing his dog is one of the worst losses a man experience.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 01:08:31 PM »
Sorry for your loss mate. losing his dog is one of the worst losses a man experience.

I have lost a lot of people in life, even early on, but this is really tough.  :-\

the trainer

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 01:09:24 PM »

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 01:09:49 PM »
Sorry for your loss.....

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2014, 01:10:52 PM »

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2014, 01:11:04 PM »

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2014, 01:11:45 PM »

No HOMO,

My cat is a stray I found, turns out it's a turkisn angora

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish_Angora

This cat is smart and acts like a dog, fetchs etc. He literally doesn't leave my side as I am his constant human. He looks exactly like the second pic, the rusty colored cat with white, identical almost. I never did like cats but his dog like behavior is gonna make it hard when he dies. He is sick, epilepsy, FIV, fucker has cost me like 10g's for dental etc.

ilalin

• Getbig IV
  • Боже правде
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2014, 01:12:18 PM »
trying, but cannot feel sorry for you...  ;D

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2014, 01:12:45 PM »
One of my beloved Greyhounds passed away last night.  Its not easy at all as she was by my side always and I never left her.

Damn man, I am sorry. Was she sick? I lost Lindsey over a year ago and I still miss her.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2014, 01:14:01 PM »
trying, but cannot feel sorry for you...  ;D
Thats okay and I understand.  Just feel sorry for my dog and all the other dogs out there who need one last pet or meal or just some loving words.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2014, 01:14:14 PM »

Know your place, convict. When a man is mourning his dog, you will say "I am sorry" and then step away from the keyboard, you fucking tool.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2014, 01:16:21 PM »
Damn man, I am sorry. Was she sick? I lost Lindsey over a year ago and I still miss her.
Yes she was very sick and nobody really knew why.  The last few weeks I was taking care of her every need.  Helping her go to the bathroom every time, feeding her with a turkey baster because she could no longer drink water herself or eat.  Every now and then she would rally and give me those strong eyes.  Some days the eyes were pleading, some were content. 

We buried her last night in an Iris garden.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2014, 01:17:53 PM »
Yes she was very sick and nobody really knew why.  The last few weeks I was taking care of her every need.  Helping her go to the bathroom every time, feeding her with a turkey baster because she could no longer drink water herself or eat.  Every now and then she would rally and give me those strong eyes.  Some days the eyes were pleading, some were content. 

The vet had no idea?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2014, 01:19:02 PM »
No HOMO,

My cat is a stray I found, turns out it's a turkisn angora

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish_Angora

This cat is smart and acts like a dog, fetchs etc. He literally doesn't leave my side as I am his constant human. He looks exactly like the second pic, the rusty colored cat with white, identical almost. I never did like cats but his dog like behavior is gonna make it hard when he dies. He is sick, epilepsy, FIV, fucker has cost me like 10g's for dental etc.
Hug your cat for me.  Its hard.  Tesla, (we called her Hooter and a bunch of other names) never left our side.  I was never away from her for more than a few hours and she came with us every where we went.  

Waller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2014, 01:20:20 PM »

She would have known you loved her. Beyond that and taking care of a dog there's not much more you can give them in life. Stay strong

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2014, 01:21:12 PM »
The vet had no idea?
They thought Ehrlichiosis, a Tick-Borne disease of some sort.  I am leaning more towards some type of Kidney disease.  The vet nearly wrongly diagnosed her with cancer initially, reading the scans and misinterpreting chicken in her stomach for cancers, so there is that.

Most dogs and people for that matter, are wrongly diagnosed or misdiagnosed, but I do not blame anyone.  

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2014, 01:23:04 PM »
They thought Ehrlichiosis, a Tick-Borne disease of some sort.  I am leaning more towards some type of Kidney disease.  The vet nearly wrongly diagnosed her with cancer initially, reading the scans and misinterpreting chicken in her stomach for cancers, so there is that.

Most dogs and people for that matter, are wrongly diagnosed or misdiagnosed, but I do not blame anyone.  

It sounds like it may have manifest like an auto-immune disorder. Did she have any vaccinations just prior to the symptom outbreak?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2014, 01:24:45 PM »
She would have known you loved her. Beyond that and taking care of a dog there's not much more you can give them in life. Stay strong
I still have one left.  I don`t think I can ever get any more dogs or any pets because its just too hard and their lifespans too short.  The thought of them dying is always there from day one, at least for me anyways and it really is upsetting to think about.  

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2014, 01:25:51 PM »
Big hug to TA !!!

Waller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2014, 01:28:18 PM »
I still have one left.  I don`t think I can ever get any more dogs or any pets because its just too hard and their lifespans too short.  The thought of them dying is always there from day one, at least for me anyways and it really is upsetting to think about.  

Yeah.. I have 1. First dog I've ever had. It's funny how soon after getting her I realised I'd have to say goodbye to her at some point and fear that day. I honestly have no idea if I'd ever get another.

I friend of mine lost his last year, swore blind he was done. A month later he had to go get a new dog. I don't think he could handle the absence

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2014, 01:30:28 PM »
Adonis. .... heartbroken. ....

Adonis. ..

heart?

does not compute.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2014, 01:30:53 PM »
It sounds like it may have manifest like an auto-immune disorder. Did she have any vaccinations just prior to the symptom outbreak?
No vaccinations.  Last year at this time, she developed an intense thirst for water and would drink bowls full.  I was taking her outside every 2-3 hours.  She acted normal though despite the water drinking.  Then, she began to lose a bit of fur on her shoulders and she had some sort of skin infection/flaking.   We took her in and they couldn`t really find anything, but decided that a Tick-Borne disease may be the culprit as it is common in Greyhounds.  They can get bit at a young age and carry the disease for years before it manifests.  She then started developing a sort of dementia, but it would clear every now and then.  Then it just got worse and worse.  She would pace uncontrollably and I would sit with her for hours trying to calm her and it would work.   The last few weeks were the worst.  She never cried out in pain or anything though.  We started the Doxycycline again a few days ago thinking maybe it was a flare up of the Tick-Borne Disease.

I am not quite sure she ever even had one though.  :-\

Simple Simon

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2014, 01:31:27 PM »
Feel for you mate, had to have mine put to sleep in 2009, he started being aggressive and almost killed our cat. (he had several instances or aggression, it wasn't an isolated incident)
He was never a social dog but we had a connection I have never had with any other dog.
I think about him every day.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2014, 01:32:16 PM »
Yeah.. I have 1. First dog I've ever had. It's funny how soon after getting her I realised I'd have to say goodbye to her at some point and fear that day. I honestly have no idea if I'd ever get another.

I friend of mine lost his last year, swore blind he was done. A month later he had to go get a new dog. I don't think he could handle the absence
Love him or her as much as you can.  Go spend some time with him or her today.