Author Topic: I am Heartbroken.  (Read 10914 times)

Waller

• Getbig IV
Re: I am Heartbroken.
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2014, 01:35:02 PM »
Love him or her as much as you can.  Go spend some time with him or her today.

I'm working a night shift. After posting I thought I wish I was with her

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2014, 01:39:31 PM »
Feel for you mate, had to have mine put to sleep in 2009, he started being aggressive and almost killed our cat. (he had several instances or aggression, it wasn't an isolated incident)
He was never a social dog but we had a connection I have never had with any other dog.
I think about him every day.

Thats a hard thing to do.  Some people handle all of it easy, at least they pretend to do so on message boards and sometimes in person etc...

But to me at least, these losses are harder than for people. 

Simple Simon

« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2014, 01:40:11 PM »
Thats a hard thing to do.  Some people handle all of it easy, at least they pretend to do so on message boards and sometimes in person etc...

But to me at least, these losses are harder than for people. 
x2

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2014, 01:42:17 PM »
Damn man I feel terrible for you...I know how much you loved and love your pets :'(

I have two cats and when I see them sleeping or just relaxing I become envious of them in a good way.....not a care in the world :)

I don't know where I read it but I saw a quote that said some thing like this "People have friends and family they get around and travel and get to meet new people and experience new things....your pet only has you and the interaction you give it...so make sure you take bit of everyday to play with them"  I make sure I do.

Ken Fresno

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2014, 01:43:57 PM »
No HOMO,

My cat is a stray I found, turns out it's a turkisn angora

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish_Angora

This cat is smart and acts like a dog, fetchs etc. He literally doesn't leave my side as I am his constant human. He looks exactly like the second pic, the rusty colored cat with white, identical almost. I never did like cats but his dog like behavior is gonna make it hard when he dies. He is sick, epilepsy, FIV, fucker has cost me like 10g's for dental etc.

My old GF's cat Stan was a stray that had epilepsy and FIV. My GF had him put down when I was in basic training, I was absolutely gutted.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2014, 01:45:08 PM »

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2014, 01:46:48 PM »
Serious note, I hate losing pets. Ive lost 2 parrots that I had for 5-10 years each and it was a horrible traumatic experience. Especially since I wound up holding them both while they died.

Losing animals is tougher than losing most people (except direct family/loved ones)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2014, 01:49:04 PM »
My old GF's cat Stan was a stray that had epilepsy and FIV. My GF had him put down when I was in basic training, I was absolutely gutted.

I had a dog before my Greyhounds who had epilepsy his whole life and he was on Phenobarbitol to control his seizures.  It worked only some of the time and he would still have them.  Very scary thing as you have to make sure they don`t bite their tongue or fall off the bed or hurt themselves.  I do see some put their dogs down from that, but we were able to manage it and he lived a long life.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2014, 01:49:39 PM »
Sorry for your loss, man.  No words will take the pain away.
A

the trainer

« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2014, 01:51:05 PM »
Some of you guys are really soft as fuck so you are afraid of getting a pet cause it will die well guess what everything dies, your wife, mom, dad they are all going to die so man up and learn to deal with it.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2014, 01:52:45 PM »
Serious note, I hate losing pets. Ive lost 2 parrots that I had for 5-10 years each and it was a horrible traumatic experience. Especially since I wound up holding them both while they died.

Losing animals is tougher than losing most people (except direct family/loved ones)
Parrots would be really hard for me as wells as I know how intelligent they are and how bonded they can get.  

We both were right beside our Tesla last night and were holding and petting her when she died.  Its something that I will never be able to get out of my mind and its tough to think about.  My wife was unable to sleep last night and did not go to bed until 10 am this morning because she keeps replaying it all back in her head.  I try to tell her not to do it, but I feel awful because I am doing it too.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2014, 01:53:29 PM »
One of my beloved Greyhounds passed away last night.  Its not easy at all as she was by my side always and I never left her.

Sorry to hear, boss...I know that heartbreak all too well.

~

Simple Simon

« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2014, 01:53:38 PM »
Some of you guys are really soft as fuck so you are afraid of getting a pet cause it will die well guess what everything dies, your wife, mom, dad they are all going to die so man up and learn to deal with it.
If you dont have anything positive to contribute then stay out the thread.

Waller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2014, 01:54:12 PM »
Some of you guys are really soft as fuck secure enough to express emotion so you are afraid of getting a pet cause it will die well guess what everything dies, your wife, mom, dad they are all going to die so man up and learn to deal with it.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2014, 01:54:28 PM »

When will you learn to deal with your latless bony back, Gaylord?
~

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2014, 01:57:33 PM »
No vaccinations.  Last year at this time, she developed an intense thirst for water and would drink bowls full.  I was taking her outside every 2-3 hours.  She acted normal though despite the water drinking.  Then, she began to lose a bit of fur on her shoulders and she had some sort of skin infection/flaking.   We took her in and they couldn`t really find anything, but decided that a Tick-Borne disease may be the culprit as it is common in Greyhounds.  They can get bit at a young age and carry the disease for years before it manifests.  She then started developing a sort of dementia, but it would clear every now and then.  Then it just got worse and worse.  She would pace uncontrollably and I would sit with her for hours trying to calm her and it would work.   The last few weeks were the worst.  She never cried out in pain or anything though.  We started the Doxycycline again a few days ago thinking maybe it was a flare up of the Tick-Borne Disease.

I am not quite sure she ever even had one though.  :-\

Sorry for your loss.  It's the hardest part of including a pet in your life.  Don't let it discourage you from giving another deserving fur baby a good life even though it's hard to think about that right now.  Also, don't second guess yourself on any part of this last year.  It will drive you insane.  Just know, you & Jez gave her the best life she could possibly have.
:

Ken Fresno

• Getbig III
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2014, 01:59:50 PM »
I had a dog before my Greyhounds who had epilepsy his whole life and he was on Phenobarbitol to control his seizures.  It worked only some of the time and he would still have them.  Very scary thing as you have to make sure they don`t bite their tongue or fall off the bed or hurt themselves.  I do see some put their dogs down from that, but we were able to manage it and he lived a long life.

Stan went missing over the winter and when he was returned to us he was having quite severe fits. They put him on high does of barbiturates to control it, but they had side effects. It became a vicious cycle of his fits becoming worse and having to increase the doses, which increased the sides. In the end he had a massive fit and never recovered. If i'm being honest we should have had him put down sooner, but you always hope they are going to make a recovery.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2014, 02:01:58 PM »
I lost the French mastiff I rescued last summer to a massive seizure. the vet called to say Hugo had passed and when I hung up the phone I cried like a baby bro.

it's a tough thing losing such a great a companion and friend. I know there is a place out dogs are playing together in the sun where there's cool streams and butterfiles to chase. and one day we'll join them.

but what we have to do now is what we are meant to do- rescue and rehome another.

sorry for your loss my brother. fuck I hate that you have to deal w this pain.
b

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2014, 02:05:59 PM »
I feel for you. As the saying goes, "All dogs to to heaven."

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2014, 02:17:21 PM »
I lost the French mastiff I rescued last summer to a massive seizure. the vet called to say Hugo had passed and when I hung up the phone I cried like a baby bro.

it's a tough thing losing such a great a companion and friend. I know there is a place out dogs are playing together in the sun where there's cool streams and butterfiles to chase. and one day we'll join them.

but what we have to do now is what we are meant to do- rescue and rehome another.

sorry for your loss my brother. fuck I hate that you have to deal w this pain.
Thanks No One.  I am thinking of maybe using your workouts to get my mind going again.  I haven`t really felt this bad in a long time and something intensive like that could probably be pretty good therapy.

I feel for you and the Bigger dogs.  Its not fair that they have a shorter lifespan than most.  It sucks how much things with a bigger dog can change in just a year or two.  Here today, gone the next.  

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2014, 02:18:10 PM »
Sorry to hear I got a 12 year old dog it may go any minute RIP.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2014, 02:18:39 PM »
This is not exactly the appropriate thread to post this (thread about TA's loss), so I will also put something on the pet board too.  

All of us who have fur babies will probably have to go through this at some point.  Anticipating the euthanasia of a pet, taking them in, the cold, sterile, medicinal environment of a "procedure room"... the whole experience is very stressful for the pet and you.  Our pets pick up on that "energy" we put out.  Since it's inevitable we're all going to have to go through it, we might as well make it as peaceful as possible.

I recently had experience with http://www.lapoflove.com  (I'm sure there are others) and many vets will do in home euthanasia if you ask.  This was by far the only way I would ever consider handling the situation in the future (if it's something that is being planned for).  It makes the best of a horrible situation.  The pet is in their own environment, surrounded by those who love them, and they go peacefully.  
:

Primary Captain

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2014, 02:20:08 PM »
Man up. The dog was a food relationship. You fed it, it feigned affection. If your ugly ass was the one to have died that dog would have stepped over your awkward looking carcass and moved on to the next food relationship. Man up.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2014, 02:22:01 PM »
Sorry for your loss.  It's the hardest part of including a pet in your life.  Don't let it discourage you from giving another deserving fur baby a good life even though it's hard to think about that right now.  Also, don't second guess yourself on any part of this last year.  It will drive you insane.  Just know, you & Jez gave her the best life she could possibly have.
I can`t stop with it.  I know its normal and there will be guilt, rational and completely irrational.  I have to find a way to keep it at bay.  Thanks for the support from a few days ago as well Princess L, I have been meaning to tell you that.

Primary Captain

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2014, 02:25:58 PM »
I can`t stop with it.  I know its normal and there will be guilt, rational and completely irrational.  I have to find a way to keep it at bay.  Thanks for the support from a few days ago as well Princess L, I have been meaning to tell you that.
Are you a man?