Author Topic: How would a prime Alex Karelin do in UFC  (Read 4527 times)

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
How would a prime Alex Karelin do in UFC
« on: July 03, 2014, 10:50:54 AM »
I think he d rape them all in da cage. Easily. Toughest bastard EVER>

Imagine Chael or Brockgiving him shit hahah

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
Re: How would a prime Alex Karelin do in UFC
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 11:26:13 AM »
Bad ass dude

spiro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 11:33:01 AM »
He would of easily been a champ under the right coach.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 12:01:11 PM »
Met him i  98 in stockholm, dude was huuuuge

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2014, 12:02:33 PM »
He would have been good.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2014, 12:07:30 PM »
it woulda all depended on how he approached the MMA game, if he had the mark coleman/kevin randleman/brock lesner type of mindset that all they r gonna do is rely on ground n pound n not work super hard on submissions n submission defense as well as striking n striking defense he will fail, wrestlers that became champions where the ones that realized wrestling just wasnt enough n worked on all the other areas as well. dont get me wrong,wrestling is the best base imo for MMA,but to rely on it alone is foolish, couture,hughes,ortiz,sherk ect all bacame very good at bjj and striking and that helped them bigtime. if karelin woulda trained under a great camp like extreme couture or jacksons or american top team ect he woulda been a top contender imo, but there are so many factors to consider, questions like can he take a punch? or can he learn to fight off his back ect,its hard to say unless he actually fought,but i think he woulda did fine tho
R

Simple Simon

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2014, 12:09:14 PM »
Has his chin ever been tested?

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2014, 12:43:55 PM »
He would've done well.... But a couple strikers would've exploited his one-dimensional wrestling style.

Mirko, Fedor, Hunt would've caused him problems.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2014, 12:46:35 PM »
Very strong guy

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2014, 12:47:07 PM »
He deadlifted 880lbs for 3

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2014, 07:26:52 AM »
Has his chin ever been tested?

I would have loved to see Alexander Karelin vs Igor Vovchanchyn. Igor would have tested his chin.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2014, 07:33:18 AM »
Igor would've been smashed to bits within 2 minutes! Sooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooo  Overrated.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2014, 07:40:24 AM »

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2014, 08:10:30 AM »
Igor would've been smashed to bits within 2 minutes! Sooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooo  Overrated.

Igor was no joke. And Igor is Russian so there would not have been a hint of intimidation what-so-ever. That Russian mystique that Karelin had... would have been lost.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2014, 08:13:16 AM »
Could defeat all comers except Falcon and keg drainer

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2014, 08:13:38 AM »
The Experiment was great but could he pass a simple drug test (I know all these guys juice but back then USSR just didn't give a fuck)? With proper coaching, probably would have done great I guess. Guy lost how many fights? One?

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2014, 08:17:03 AM »
The Experiment was great but could he pass a simple drug test (I know all these guys juice but back then USSR just didn't give a fuck)? With proper coaching, probably would have done great I guess. Guy lost how many fights? One?

If he passed Olympic drug testing for his entire career, why wouldn't he pass UFC drug testing?

That makes no sense. If anything, he'd be on "TRT" and be bigger and stronger.

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2014, 08:20:16 AM »
If he passed Olympic drug testing for his entire career, why wouldn't he pass UFC drug testing?

That makes no sense. If anything, he'd be on "TRT" and be bigger and stronger.

Maybe. I don't know what those tests were like back then. They've always had ways of passing those tests and it's always been a huge hypocrisy but the '80s were particularly soft. Ben Johnson took the fall but remember FG Joyner and a lot of the Eastern block female athletes never got caught.  ::)

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2014, 08:30:28 AM »
Maybe. I don't know what those tests were like back then. They've always had ways of passing those tests and it's always been a huge hypocrisy but the '80s were particularly soft. Ben Johnson took the fall but remember FG Joyner and a lot of the Eastern block female athletes never got caught.  ::)

Hypocrisy?

Carl Lewis tested positive twice leading up to his race with Ben Johnson and the U.S. hid the results and sent him to Seoul anyway. The testing and Olympics are political bullshit.

The UFC would bend the rules in a circle if they thought it would make them money.

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2014, 08:36:51 AM »
Hypocrisy?

Carl Lewis tested positive twice leading up to his race with Ben Johnson and the U.S. hid the results and sent him to Seoul anyway. The testing and Olympics are political bullshit.

The UFC would bend the rules in a circle if they thought it would make them money.

You're probably right. I wonder how much the 'muricans would love to see a "cold as ice" big Russian dude butcher their boys though.

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2014, 08:40:01 AM »
You're probably right. I wonder how much the 'muricans would love to see a "cold as ice" big Russian dude butcher their boys though.

Yeah....I'm not arguing, I'm just saying that if you aren't going to enforce the drug testing rules equally, then remove them.

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2014, 08:43:26 AM »
Yeah....I'm not arguing, I'm just saying that if you aren't going to enforce the drug testing rules equally, then remove them.

I also agree but as you said, political bullshit. So it will always be enforced in a way that pleases the ones calling the shots and making the most money out of it.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2014, 03:39:20 PM »

Igor overrated, surely a joke?! You knew nothing about the man 'til i mentioned him and by the sound of things you still have no idea about him. Igor in his prime was a killing machine, little man fighting above his weight and leaving mounds of unconscious opponents in his wake. Feared nobody and possessed incredible KO power, would be a test for anyone at his best.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2014, 04:03:05 PM »
He would be the champ for a long time. Randy Couture was another Greco Roman wrestler who wasn't in the same league as Karelin. I think Karelin would have adapted quickly to the MMA game.