Author Topic: Lebron/Carmelo Free Agency Bullshit  (Read 4851 times)

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
Lebron/Carmelo Free Agency Bullshit
« on: July 04, 2014, 08:52:20 AM »
How does this NBA free agency crap work, that these two guys can essentially hold the entire NBA hostage while they collude with their friends to try to control who wins and loses in the league?

Jesus Christ the sports coverage being given to this shit is incredible. The league is so concerned with what Donald Sterling said in private to a paid side piece, but let's this crap go on for weeks now without any comment.

Fucking crazy.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
Re: Lebron/Carmelo Free Agency Bullshit
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 09:06:44 AM »
Carmelo is a joke. The Knicks didn't even make the friggin playoffs.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 09:14:29 AM »
Lebron fucked his teammates. The all opted out of their contracts so that they could free cap space to bring in some more talent. Then Lebron goes and says, "I think I am going to need a max-contract", so now Wade and Bosh (fucking retards) have to take a mega pay cut to just keep Lebron. Pwned.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2014, 09:33:33 AM »
Lebron fucked his teammates. The all opted out of their contracts so that they could free cap space to bring in some more talent. Then Lebron goes and says, "I think I am going to need a max-contract", so now Wade and Bosh (fucking retards) have to take a mega pay cut to just keep Lebron. Pwned.
Dudes a fucking spoiled brat from what ive seen.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2014, 09:37:42 AM »
Dudes a fucking spoiled brat from what ive seen.

No doubt. But I could learn to live with his shit if he played for the Celtics.

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2014, 09:39:41 AM »
They still got owned by the SPURS..
 ;D
They will get owned again regardless of who they bring  ;)

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2014, 09:42:54 AM »
They still got owned by the SPURS..
 ;D
They will get owned again regardless of who they bring  ;)

Swap out Bosh and bring in Kevin Love and the Heat would have a 70 win season and sweep to the playoffs.

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2014, 09:58:22 AM »

So the only way the Heat can give Lebron the max deal is for the other two to take a pay cut (or defer compensation)?

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2014, 10:00:13 AM »
So the only way the Heat can give Lebron the max deal is for the other two to take a pay cut (or defer compensation)?

Yup.

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2014, 10:03:42 AM »
Yup.

Oh okay, I misunderstood and thought the Bird Rule allowed the current team to go over the salary cap to retain its own player.

Isn't that why the Knicks can go 5 Yrs/$130M and the Lakers only 4 Yrs/$96M?

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2014, 10:13:32 AM »
Most getbiggers are free agents right know

Operating from out mom's basement with tom prince posters on the wall

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2014, 10:22:30 AM »
Oh okay, I misunderstood and thought the Bird Rule allowed the current team to go over the salary cap to retain its own player.

Isn't that why the Knicks can go 5 Yrs/$130M and the Lakers only 4 Yrs/$96M?

Yes, what I meant was that Wade and Bosh now have to give up their salary to get more talent so that Lebron will stay with the team. Lebron won't give up anything, he wants max (and deserves it, IMHO).

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2014, 11:03:15 AM »
Yes, what I meant was that Wade and Bosh now have to give up their salary to get more talent so that Lebron will stay with the team. Lebron won't give up anything, he wants max (and deserves it, IMHO).

Ah okay, I get it now. But if I were the Heat, I'm not sure I'd be signing Wade for $20M a season based on his playoff performance.

So obviously Carmelo is not headed to the Heat.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2014, 11:12:02 AM »
Ah okay, I get it now. But if I were the Heat, I'm not sure I'd be signing Wade for $20M a season based on his playoff performance.

Now they don't have to because that fool opted out of the final (2?) years of his contract.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2014, 11:14:18 AM »
Bosh is stupid if he stays.

Make $20 million per playing for someone else or $11 million playing for Miami.

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2014, 11:19:30 AM »
So if the Heat are on the hook for Wade for 2 years at $20m per ($40M total) is their intention to offer say 4 years at $11M per ($44 M total) knowing he will probably retire in 2 yrs and collect the final 2 yrs sitting at home?

If not, why would any pro athlete take that significant of a pay cut?

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2014, 01:01:54 PM »
So if the Heat are on the hook for Wade for 2 years at $20m per ($40M total) is their intention to offer say 4 years at $11M per ($44 M total) knowing he will probably retire in 2 yrs and collect the final 2 yrs sitting at home?

If not, why would any pro athlete take that significant of a pay cut?

Wade and Bosh opted out. The Heat don't owe Wade anything. His contract is dissolved.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2014, 01:05:36 PM »
The thing that nobody on ESPN is talking about is the fact that these guys want no part of the Western Conference because it's too competitive.  They are all trying to stay in the weak Eastern Conference so they will have virtually no opposition on the way to the NBA Finals.  I can't believe the commentators are letting them get away with this shit without calling them out on it.

clownbaby

• Getbig III
  • get licked
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2014, 01:20:52 PM »
This is actually one of the most interesting free agency periods of all time, i have no complaints with any of it.  There are so many variables that have come into play with the new collective bargaining agreement in place.  Lebron should definitely start looking for other teams if he really wants to win championships in the long term.  Most of the free agent talent that Miami tried to lowball offers to just come and play on the heat have shunned them (lowry, gortat, deng, most likely ariza).  Lebron should strongly consider trying to get Kevin Love to come to the cavs... look at the line up they would have: kyrie Irving, Andrew Wiggins/Dion Waiters, Lebron, Kevin Love, and Varejo. He would be able to make to the finals almost every year in the crappy east.

And to the people bashing melo are utterly stupid and know next to nothing about basketball, he played with hands down the WORST backcourt this past season, an old awful Amare Stodemire, and missed Tyson Chandler for half the year.  Where are these same people bashing Kevin Love, a top ten player, who has never even sniffed the playoffs?  Melo has every right to bolt New York...what is Phil Jackson going to offer him now? calderon and possibly pau Gasol lol. If melo joined with the bulls they could compete for the conference finals almost every year if Derick Rose is even half healthy.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2014, 01:41:49 PM »
lebron can hold the league hostage because he IS that good.

the best part will be when the team he bullied into building loses to an actual "team" that plays "defense" and has actual well-executed plays.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2014, 01:43:50 PM »
Always find it funny that the staunchest defenders of capitalism have so much communism in their sports - drafts, salary caps etc.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2014, 02:03:22 PM »
Phil Heath is also a free agent now since muscle tech released him

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2014, 02:05:53 PM »
Phil Heath is also a free agent now since muscle tech released him

He started his own supp company. Fortune 500 is ready for a shakeup.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2014, 02:07:16 PM »
And to the people bashing melo are utterly stupid and know next to nothing about basketball, he played with hands down the WORST backcourt this past season, an old awful Amare Stodemire, and missed Tyson Chandler for half the year.  Where are these same people bashing Kevin Love, a top ten player, who has never even sniffed the playoffs?  Melo has every right to bolt New York...what is Phil Jackson going to offer him now? calderon and possibly pau Gasol lol. If melo joined with the bulls they could compete for the conference finals almost every year if Derick Rose is even half healthy.

Few things.

a. Knicks had enough talent to make the playoffs in the east.

b. The knicks were a paltry 37-45 in the east. They can just as easily dwell there in mediocrity without melo as they did with him. The question is do you give him max money at 30 with the guarantee of going nowhere for a couple years until a few ridiculous contracts expire. With that in mind, it's completely rational to be skeptical of a mid 30's ball stopper who is aging by the day getting max money for 5 years.

c. And lastly, can you name more than 2 players on minnesota off the top of your head? Yeah that's what I thought.

d. Lol @ the thought of melo playing under a coach like Thibodeau.

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2014, 02:20:49 PM »
The thing that nobody on ESPN is talking about is the fact that these guys want no part of the Western Conference because it's too competitive.  They are all trying to stay in the weak Eastern Conference so they will have virtually no opposition on the way to the NBA Finals.  I can't believe the commentators are letting them get away with this shit without calling them out on it.

Exactly.....and no mention of the collusion. It's like they find the "courting" of Lebron/Carmelo entertaining or cute. FFS, these are grown men they're jerking off on Twitter over.