Author Topic: Lebron/Carmelo Free Agency Bullshit  (Read 4854 times)

clownbaby

• Getbig III
  • get licked
Re: Lebron/Carmelo Free Agency Bullshit
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2014, 03:53:43 PM »
What shape?? His fucken fat.

He can play 40 + minutes a game consistently....his genetics will never give him the ripped muscular look of lebron or Kawai Leonard but he has had very few injuries his whole career

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2014, 04:05:56 PM »
if Melo would get serious about the weights, cardio and diet - and really try on defense - he would probably be a better player than lebron.

I'd choose Melo 10 out of 10 times to make a game-winning shot, without hesitation.

But he's soft.  He knows it's a problem - he is trying random fast diets mid--season to deal with it.
http://nymag.com/thecut/2013/01/i-tried-carmelo-anthonys-infamous-diet.html

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2014, 04:37:38 PM »
He can play 40 + minutes a game consistently....his genetics will never give him the ripped muscular look of lebron or Kawai Leonard but he has had very few injuries his whole career

good reply.

please stick around for the 2014-2015 season.

Yeah melo has never been ripped, always look puffy but he is durable. Strong as hell too.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2014, 07:45:47 PM »
Melo scrimmaging with Kobe at Ucla. Laker bound.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2014, 07:56:37 PM »
It has been mentioned MANY times on ESPN that they would rather play in the east to avoid the west.

Yes, it's being mentioned that the players want to avoid the west.  However, none of the commentators are giving them shit about it.  They just accept it like it's a normal thing when in reality it shows a disgusting lack of competitive drive.  Any player who does something like this should be called out for it and that isn't happening.  As I said many times, these young stars are trying to take the easy road.  Pathetic.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2014, 07:57:04 PM »
Camelo Anthony? Jesus Christ, dude was drafted back in the late 80's.  What is he, 53-54?
a

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2014, 08:16:03 PM »
if Melo would get serious about the weights, cardio and diet - and really try on defense - he would probably be a better player than lebron.

I'd choose Melo 10 out of 10 times to make a game-winning shot, without hesitation.

But he's soft.  He knows it's a problem - he is trying random fast diets mid--season to deal with it.
http://nymag.com/thecut/2013/01/i-tried-carmelo-anthonys-infamous-diet.html

No way.

also IF is not even the factor here.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2014, 08:58:16 PM »
A. Making the playoffs isn't really a barometer of sucess considering 50% of the league gets into the playoffs.

B. Jim Dolan throws crazy money at anything and giving melo max money is not crazy considering he gave 100 million 5 year deal to stodimire who is broke down beyond relief. Melo is relatively injury free and stays in good shape throughout the year. Giving max money to melo and waiting a couple years to get rid of bad contracts may be ny's only move.

C. Pekovik and Rubio are better players than anything melo has at the moment with the exception of maybe Tim hardaway jr.

D. Melo played under Jim Boheim in college who is very strict and defensive minded and that combo got him a national championship.

a. Thats exactly the point.

b. Ny had no choice but to overpay to bring amare in. Thats the only reason he came here. No amare = no melo. They signed him with the hopes of attracting other big name FA's. With no pieces and a being the bottomless pit of ineptitude, as a ny'er, I give him credit for coming here.

c. Hmm, no. Shumpert would garner more in return if you were to dangle them in front of gm's. Would you like to compare their respective conferences now?

d. Melo was a physical alpha playing for his future draft status and doing it against boys when he won with syracuse. Different animal. He is now a 30 yr old pampered multi multi millionaire who will (if he signs with chicago) be playing for the architect of the most acclaimed defensive scheme in the nba. Thibadeau requires the same hustle and teamwork on offense as he does defensively. NO ballstopping. Melo and Thibadeau are like oil and water.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2014, 09:36:50 PM »
Lebron is meeting with Pat Riley in the next few days. Should all come together by Thursday.

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2014, 10:12:55 PM »
a. Thats exactly the point.

b. Ny had no choice but to overpay to bring amare in. Thats the only reason he came here. No amare = no melo. They signed him with the hopes of attracting other big name FA's. With no pieces and a being the bottomless pit of ineptitude, as a ny'er, I give him credit for coming here.

c. Hmm, no. Shumpert would garner more in return if you were to dangle them in front of gm's. Would you like to compare their respective conferences now?

d. Melo was a physical alpha playing for his future draft status and doing it against boys when he won with syracuse. Different animal. He is now a 30 yr old pampered multi multi millionaire who will (if he signs with chicago) be playing for the architect of the most acclaimed defensive scheme in the nba. Thibadeau requires the same hustle and teamwork on offense as he does defensively. NO ballstopping. Melo and Thibadeau are like oil and water.

No way in hell that Carmelo ends up in Chicago.

Not a chance.

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2014, 10:45:22 PM »
I always thought lebron would be on the lakers at some point. They always have a star and they have the $,Kobes done and they need a star. Give lebron 7 year stupid $ and seats are sold out for the whole contract. They'll build around him. Maybe bosh comes,not wade. I just don't see him staying with wade long term, maybe a few more years,but no way he would let wade end with one more ring than him. No way.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2014, 04:08:27 AM »
I always thought lebron would be on the lakers at some point. They always have a star and they have the $,Kobes done and they need a star. Give lebron 7 year stupid $ and seats are sold out for the whole contract. They'll build around him. Maybe bosh comes,not wade. I just don't see him staying with wade long term, maybe a few more years,but no way he would let wade end with one more ring than him. No way.

I believe kobe is finished, he will be one of those athletes that comes back and has completely lost it.
I think lakers under jim buss is fairly fucked. Remember those fucken banners asking Dwight Howard to stay, how embarrassing.

Kobe has not done anything in last 2 years but get injured and prove father time has him via a chokehold.
let him do his own thing, he wont let lebron or melo play the way they want to, no because he has 5 rings cause his ego and arrogance are above his own talent and they will be miserable.
Melo should stay in New York, the west is too strong anyway.
Lebron should go back to Cleveland. also should spit in dwades fucken face.

Redux

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2014, 05:28:14 AM »
I don't know where LeBrick and Fatmelo will end up but I'm going to be damn happy when that fat turd Brian Whitehurst isn't on my TV or radio every 5 minutes giving updates on this nonsense.
Seriously, that fat turd has made an entire career out of having gone to high school with LeBron.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: July 07, 2014, 05:37:35 AM »
I don't know where LeBrick and Fatmelo will end up but I'm going to be damn happy when that fat turd Brian Whitehurst isn't on my TV or radio every 5 minutes giving updates on this nonsense.
Seriously, that fat turd has made an entire career out of having gone to high school with LeBron.

I don't mind him that much, Chris Broussard is by far the worst.

Redux

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: July 07, 2014, 05:51:58 AM »
I don't mind him that much, Chris Broussard is by far the worst.
Broussard makes me want to poke my eardrums out with a pencil.
Hopefully those negro divas announce where they are going to play at this week.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: July 07, 2014, 06:23:58 AM »
Broussard makes me want to poke my eardrums out with a pencil.
Hopefully those negro divas announce where they are going to play at this week.

No way carmelo's ugly wife lets him walk away from a extra 30M the knicks will offer.

I think Phil Jackson and Derek fisher will make the knicks worse. Phil is a good motivator, but it gets old.
last time phil coached lakers got swept by the mavs.

If melo leaves, Jackson will realise this was a big mistake.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: July 07, 2014, 08:16:07 AM »
Lebron is meeting with Pat Riley in the next few days. Should all come together by Thursday.

Is lebron meeting Riley today to tell him - face to face - that he appreciates everything Miami has given him, but he's ready to move on?

IMO, Riley "outing" the fact lebron and wifey were expecting a child was the final straw.
http://www.bet.com/news/celebrities/2014/06/20/pat-riley-says-lebron-james-and-wife-expecting-baby-girl.html

It's not Riley's place to share that publicly.  Until lebron's family announces it, it's their business and their secret. 

I think today, Riley gets the news from Lebron and his team - we're outta here.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #67 on: July 07, 2014, 10:03:07 AM »
I think the Lakers front office has lost their ability to make smart decisions.  The free agents they are going after are just, WTF?  Carmelo and Lance Stephenson?  They drafted and undersized power forward with the 7th pick.  They offered an injured, 35 year old Kobe Bryant 24 million a year and then pretend like it's not going to limit their options to sign free agents.

These guys are in denial.  Ever since the Chris Paul trade got vetoed the Lakers management reminds me of a poker player on tilt.  They aren't using their heads.  As a lifetime Laker fan I'm feeling like it's going to be a while before this team is ready to win again.  Shaking my head right now.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: July 07, 2014, 10:07:20 AM »
Lakers need a Danny Ainge type in the front office to blow Kobe outta there. They could've been rebuilding for a couple years at this point.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #69 on: July 07, 2014, 10:18:25 AM »
I don't think LA can afford to lose Kobe under any circumstances.  He only has a couple more years anyway and it's going to take at least that long to rebuild your team.  All I'm asking is that they not bring in lazy players(Melo), undersized players(Randle), or players with a screw loose(Stephenson).  They are trying to get big names and "make a big splash" and I don't think that is the way to rebuild right now.  The superstars that we could potentially sign aren't the answer.  Kevin Love?  Yeah right.

Start from the ground up and get some young talent in there.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: July 07, 2014, 11:13:45 AM »
if kobe would just shock us all and take a Duncan or Novitski deal, they could afford Lebron, melo AND keep Gasol.

I think he ACTS like he is crazy about winning, but deep down, he's just about getting paid.  You don't see tim duncan screaming about how all he cares about it winning - you see him playing for well below market value to keep himself in contention every single year.

IMO, anyone shitting on miami for buying a team should look at the NBA, it happens all the time.  DAL almost beat Spurs and could definitely beat them next year.  They win that round, and they probably win a title.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #71 on: July 07, 2014, 12:13:45 PM »
if kobe would just shock us all and take a Duncan or Novitski deal, they could afford Lebron, melo AND keep Gasol.

I think he ACTS like he is crazy about winning, but deep down, he's just about getting paid.  You don't see tim duncan screaming about how all he cares about it winning - you see him playing for well below market value to keep himself in contention every single year.

IMO, anyone shitting on miami for buying a team should look at the NBA, it happens all the time.  DAL almost beat Spurs and could definitely beat them next year.  They win that round, and they probably win a title.

Kobe wants to get paid and win.  So far he has been able to do both over his career.  This last contract may have been a bad move though.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: July 07, 2014, 12:37:10 PM »
No way carmelo's ugly wife lets him walk away from a extra 30M the knicks will offer.

I think Phil Jackson and Derek fisher will make the knicks worse. Phil is a good motivator, but it gets old.
last time phil coached lakers got swept by the mavs.

If melo leaves, Jackson will realise this was a big mistake.

what if pjax doesnt care and is just there for the money?

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: July 07, 2014, 12:53:17 PM »
Pray4War speaking the truth!!
Lakers are going for the splash and not going for the right choice.
Lance Stephenson hahahaha.
The contract they gave Kobe was a blunder by management.
Randle will be a flop.
I predict Kobe to have a shocking season, lakers fans will boo him.
His not fast enough or elusive  to get a shot off and his not blowing by any of the 22 yr olds, he will get mad, frustrated and blame his team or mates. Classic Kobe.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #74 on: July 07, 2014, 03:20:46 PM »
Pray4War speaking the truth!!
Lakers are going for the splash and not going for the right choice.
Lance Stephenson hahahaha.
The contract they gave Kobe was a blunder by management.
Randle will be a flop.
I predict Kobe to have a shocking season, lakers fans will boo him.
His not fast enough or elusive  to get a shot off and his not blowing by any of the 22 yr olds, he will get mad, frustrated and blame his team or mates. Classic Kobe.

I'm as big of a Kobe homer as you'll find but I didn't like what I saw from him last season.  He only played a few games so I probably shouldn't completely judge him on that but he wasn't getting any lift on his jump shot.  I believe he is crafty enough and he has the footwork and skill necessary to make up for any lost explosiveness but if he can't elevate for his jumper it will be bad news.  

If anyone can overcome and Achilles injury it's Kobe though so I do have faith that he'll still be pretty good.  Kobe has zero patience for bad teammates and losing games so if the Lakers front office doesn't clean up their act it could be ugly the next couple years.  A lot of things are in flux for LA right now so t will be interesting to see what happens.