Author Topic: You know you want Tattoos!  (Read 3009 times)

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls

Pandemic

• Getbig IV
Re: You know you want Tattoos!
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 05:58:46 PM »
Yikes!   :-X :-X :-X :-X

the trainer

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 06:36:50 PM »

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2014, 06:47:46 PM »
Hepatitis C of Peace.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2014, 05:53:46 AM »
Just walked by an old lady with tatoos in the supermarket. It's just not cool anymore and the fad has passed.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2014, 06:24:50 AM »
she needs more manual labor strenth
A

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2014, 08:57:58 AM »
i have a tatoo on my right tricep,its a cross done with indian ink n good old fashioned sewing needle,did it back in 1977 ;)
R

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2014, 10:01:47 AM »
Just walked by an old lady with tatoos in the supermarket. It's just not cool anymore and the fad has passed.

THIS.

Seems like every dork is tatted up now with some lame ass tat.

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2014, 10:42:26 AM »
THIS.

Seems like every dork is tatted up now with some lame ass tat.

If your getting a tattoo to look like a bad ass or fit in to some group then your a fuck douche.. all my tats are under my cloths and have a speical meaning to me. I dont give two fucks if i fit any or not.. there nor for other people.

The people that i hate are the ones that just pick random dumb tats to just cover space..

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2014, 10:58:17 AM »
If your getting a tattoo to look like a bad ass or fit in to some group then your a fuck douche.. all my tats are under my cloths and have a speical meaning to me. I dont give two fucks if i fit any or not.. there nor for other people.

The people that i hate are the ones that just pick random dumb tats to just cover space..
lol i hear this every day "my tattoos are special to me" , then when i ask wtf the dragon stands for they co.e with some cheesy clishe about courage or something else stupid. So lets hear what your tats stands for

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2014, 11:48:17 AM »

A fad that passes, but is with you until the day you die.

People who get extreme tats/piercings are mentally ill.

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2014, 12:55:19 PM »
lol i hear this every day "my tattoos are special to me" , then when i ask wtf the dragon stands for they co.e with some cheesy clishe about courage or something else stupid. So lets hear what your tats stands for

My Mandela quote is about racism and equality because I was thought to hate a lot of people growning up in Texas and after serving with them I meet great guys that would give there life to save me of that ever happened and they wgere all races

My semper fortis is the navy's moto that no one really knows so  noone  knows it's a navy tat, and represent the man the military molded me into. Also I didn't want some big fucking eagle or anchor on me as I think that's stupid. Like a dragon tat or some cartoon character 

My carpe diem represent how far I'm come on my own getting kicked out at 17 completely on my own to buying my first house in California at 19 and the decent living I've made for my self

So yes all my tats have a great deal of meaning to me and I thought about each one for years before I got them.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2014, 05:11:36 PM »

I noticed you got a quote which seems to be the trend nowadays. I'm sure it will look cool as hell 10 years later just like tribal tattoos have survived the test of time.

::)

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2014, 11:13:29 PM »
I noticed you got a quote which seems to be the trend nowadays. I'm sure it will look cool as hell 10 years later just like tribal tattoos have survived the test of time.

::)

Once again I don't care if it looks "cool" as I got it for personal reasons... Do you really think people get them to look cool? They have been around for over 5000 years. As a social, cultural, spiritual and religious expression. 

But you want to talk about "trends" and tribal.

Read a book and educated yourself. Then maybe once you find something in your life that as such deep meaning to you that your willing to carry it forever..

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2014, 11:20:42 PM »

This means there are a whole lot of people who have gone out of style. Unlike buying new clothes when the old ones are no longer in fashion, tattoos are most often forever there for all to see on your body as a reminder of what you once thought was cool.

I have no tattoos. Despite my having some fascination with tattoos, I resisted any urge to satisfy it. I know myself well enough to know my tastes change overtime.

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2014, 11:34:14 PM »
This means there are a whole lot of people who have gone out of style. Unlike buying new clothes when the old ones are no longer in fashion, tattoos are most often forever there for all to see on your body as a reminder of what you once thought was cool.

I have no tattoos. Despite my having some fascination with tattoos, I resisted any urge to satisfy it. I know myself well enough to know my tastes change overtime.

Which is perfectly fine to each there own. I like that your honest enough to know it won't work for you   

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2014, 12:15:13 AM »
Which is perfectly fine to each there own. I like that your honest enough to know it won't work for you   

I considered getting henna tattoos. They last a few weeks at best and then fade away.

My sister, who is 14 years younger than I am has several life events memorialized with tattoos. Her decades long struggle with drug addiction and success at overcoming it is depicted with a castle that covers her back. If this plays any part in her being sober for the last 25 years, I am all for it.

My daughter has small Japanese Kanji on the back of her neck and a delicate ring of daisies as an arm band on one arm. Her husband has several tattoos. Being an artist, he created tattoo designs for his fellow soldiers in the army. Later he studied and learned how to do tattooing.

My son and his wife are devoid of tattoos. His grown daughter has several tasteful tattoos.

I think it is great that we all have the freedom to make the personal these and other personal choices. This was not always the case. There was a time when sporting tattoos was cause for ridicule and discrimination.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2014, 01:25:18 AM »
My Mandela quote is about racism and equality because I was thought to hate a lot of people growning up in Texas and after serving with them I meet great guys that would give there life to save me of that ever happened and they wgere all races

My semper fortis is the navy's moto that no one really knows so  noone  knows it's a navy tat, and represent the man the military molded me into. Also I didn't want some big fucking eagle or anchor on me as I think that's stupid. Like a dragon tat or some cartoon character 

My carpe diem represent how far I'm come on my own getting kicked out at 17 completely on my own to buying my first house in California at 19 and the decent living I've made for my self

So yes all my tats have a great deal of meaning to me and I thought about each one for years before I got them.

carpe diem was alittle cheesy  but you where right about the others  :D

A woman i worked with had a lion at her shoulder and said the same thing, she hates people that just get tattoos for the looks so i asked her wtf the lion was for and i lolled hard at her answer: it stands for courage cause has alot of it hahahaha

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2014, 01:31:35 AM »
carpe diem was alittle cheesy  but you where right about the others  :D

A woman i worked with had a lion at her shoulder and said the same thing, she hates people that just get tattoos for the looks so i asked her wtf the lion was for and i lolled hard at her answer: it stands for courage cause has alot of it hahahaha

Mensa bob, you should get Kim Jong tattooed on you.
X

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2014, 01:40:53 AM »
most of mine are from the 80s and 90s... last one was a large coy fish on my right inner arm because i covered a naked woman Tattoo i got done as a Young crazy Dude... ;D Others like Navy Mike in the Army.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2014, 01:54:23 AM »
Mensa bob, you should get Kim Jong tattooed on you.
great idea. I already have a japanese kamikaze pilot from ww2 on my arm. Should get good old kimmy on the other arm

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2014, 01:59:07 AM »
Once again I don't care if it looks "cool" as I got it for personal reasons... Do you really think people get them to look cool? They have been around for over 5000 years. As a social, cultural, spiritual and religious expression. 

But you want to talk about "trends" and tribal.

Read a book and educated yourself. Then maybe once you find something in your life that as such deep meaning to you that your willing to carry it forever..

haha ofcourse you did it cause you tought it would look cool. Stop fooling yourself its nothing wrong with that.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2014, 02:01:05 AM »
I have a huge tattoo of Mars on my back.

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2014, 02:01:13 AM »
most of mine are from the 80s and 90s... last one was a large coy fish on my right inner arm because i covered a naked woman Tattoo i got done as a Young crazy Dude... ;D Others like Navy Mike in the Army.

HAHAH I remember guys in A school or "tech" school getting huge navy tats a week after getting out of boot camp to just to get kick out a few weeks later

hrspwr1

• Getbig III
  • flirtin with disaster everyday
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2014, 05:31:45 AM »
No tattoos on me, I do have several large scars. Each one of those has a special meaning and memory though.