Author Topic: More manual labors for peace replacing brake hoses calipers pads rotors ect  (Read 1791 times)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
i never worked on cars before but i feel confident i can do anything since ive done about everything on a house. now i got a haynes manual from autozone good stuff . but kinda confused if the steel brake line goes into the brake hose? im guessing they are not two seperate lines? my manual doesnt give that good of an explanation im guessing the the hose goes from the master cylander to the brake line and that goes into the caliper or strut?

i got a diagnostics i paid 50 bucks for at the mechanic shop because it seemed that when i hit my brakes i had to push it pretty hard down on the brake pedal at short distances, it seemed to start going bad the other week because i dont drive it much.

now im wondering if just bleeding out the lines from the bleeder screw would alleviate semi-faulty brakes?im sure this wont be that simple and will end up replacing calipers and rotors since the guy said the rotors couldnt be turned anymore

so basically new hoses rotors pads calipers wheel cylanders and the quote they gave me was 1200 bucks !! LOL

i was like fuck that shit! thats an insane number my suburban is barely even worth that its an 1987 chevy i wanna do this job so i can be a hardcore redneck electric champion afro-american neegul a prestigious award i might add.

i feel these manual labors of peace threads will inspire other wanna be manual labor neeguls to really be in the position to control there destiny by fixing any problem that is put before them. that is tru bodybuilding. tru bodybuilding isnt going to the gym and paying a guy to fix your car and be nearly broke fuck that im gonna be taking my time working on this after work no rush this is my back up ride but i wanna do it right. i cant beleive shops charge this much either man but i can understand  though them damn haynes and chiltons manuals are the shit. i just got a haynes manual looks like some good shit in that book way more useful then a flex magazine.

A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
lots of bros unwilling to do manual labors in this thread will take some pics after i can get up under the truck im thinking that the brake hose goes out of the caliper and the brake hose connects to the brake line with then connects to the master cylander (thing that holds brake fluid)
A

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
Basic brake work is something every man should be able to do. Johnny, you should check the manual before you start hooking things up to make sure.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
"Done tons of home repairs, but never any car stuff.  Guess I'll start with the brakes."

RIP Don Juan Falconista

hrspwr1

• Getbig III
  • flirtin with disaster everyday
you are a maniac.

getting a vehicle to stop is more important than making it go, but you will learn that after you fix these brakes.  :D

before you start tearing shit apart get one of your buddies to help you bleed them. You need someone to pump the pedal and HOLD IT while you break open the bleeder. Start with the wheel furthest for the master cylinder and work towards it.

brake work is pretty simple and straight forward, especially disc brakes. if you have drums leave one assembled while you repair the other in case you have a seizure and can`t remember how the shit went together. have fun and fly high falcon.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Basic brake work is something every man should be able to do. Johnny, you should check the manual before you start hooking things up to make sure.
He's not doing basic brake work, he's replacing everything and putting it all back together.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
i wanna do this job so i can be a hardcore redneck electric champion afro-american neegul a prestigious award i might add.
We should all be so lucky.

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
"Done tons of home repairs, but never any car stuff.  Guess I'll start with the brakes."

RIP Don Juan Falconista

I laughed but at least the man's a trier!

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
you are a maniac.

getting a vehicle to stop is more important than making it go, but you will learn that after you fix these brakes.  :D

before you start tearing shit apart get one of your buddies to help you bleed them. You need someone to pump the pedal and HOLD IT while you break open the bleeder. Start with the wheel furthest for the master cylinder and work towards it.

brake work is pretty simple and straight forward, especially disc brakes. if you have drums leave one assembled while you repair the other in case you have a seizure and can`t remember how the shit went together. have fun and fly high falcon.
you think bleeding alone would straighten out my brakes?
A

hrspwr1

• Getbig III
Maybe. Its the only way to really figure out whats working and what isn`t. How do you know that shop guy didn`t just want to fuk you out of a grand.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Maybe. Its the only way to really figure out whats working and what isn`t. How do you know that shop guy didn`t just want to fuk you out of a grand.
right man. you always give me great advice but its always a little unclear to me how i comprehend what you right because you intentiotionally leave out details wich is ok i know your a big busy guy. See i have no idea that if a little bit of air is in the brakeline/brake hoses that it could malfunction the brake system, i thought that air in the line just contributes to rust potential in the steel lines and brake down of hoses i didnt think a little bit of air say in a good line and hose system would cause issues with me mashing down the pedal making it slower to stop

now what about wheel cylanders (wich will probably be the last thing i look at) how do i know if they are bad. Im thinking the calipers will be the next important thing on the list. but generally they replace all calipers too how to tell if calipers are bad?
A

hrspwr1

• Getbig III
You can`t have ANY air in a hydraulic brake system.

Once you have all the brakes bled, with the wheels off you can visually see wtf is going on by have someone press on the pedal.
If the pads are not compressing and releasing you know the calipers are in need of repair, just by loaded calipers and save the hassle.
If the shoes are not expanding then the wheel cylinders are bad, or if the wheel cylinders are dripping.. replace them etc..
If the hoses are bulging under pressure replace them.
Some of those older Chevrolets had brake line problems, rust mostly. If that is the case by the ones custom made for your truck. Unless you have a double flare tool and the time to fuk with it.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
Some really good video's on brakes on Youtube

Marty Champions

• Getbig V

Once you have all the brakes bled, with the wheels off you can visually see wtf is going on by have someone press on the pedal.
If the pads are not compressing and releasing you know the calipers are in need of repair, just by loaded calipers and save the hassle.
If the shoes are not expanding then the wheel cylinders are bad, or if the wheel cylinders are dripping.. replace them etc..
Some of those older Chevrolets had brake line problems, rust mostly. If that is the case by the ones custom made for your truck. Unless you have a double flare tool and the time to fuk with it.

i appreciate that you big fuk

A

hrspwr1

• Getbig III
If you have any brake fluid drink it for epic leans you fat bastard.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
If you have any brake fluid drink it for epic leans you fat bastard.
i think my redneck friend acrooss the street fixed my truck he looked at the erg valve or ekg valve wahtever the fuck it was it was broke, i bought a new one at autozone for 30 some bucks were gonna check them brakes on the back wheels tommroow i bought him 2 packs of cigareettes and made him a gallon of lemonade

my truck runs so much smoother and i bet the brakes will work better might still need some pads n shit
A

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
i think my redneck friend acrooss the street fixed my truck he looked at the erg valve or ekg valve wahtever the fuck it was it was broke, i bought a new one at autozone for 30 some bucks were gonna check them brakes on the back wheels tommroow i bought him 2 packs of cigareettes and made him a gallon of lemonade

my truck runs so much smoother and i bet the brakes will work better might still need some pads n shit
Good news, now it is time to go to the store and hand out some change.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World

This should be saved...

hrspwr1

• Getbig III

If the engine was running like shit and not making any vacuum it will definitely fuk with the braking system.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
If the engine was running like shit and not making any vacuum it will definitely fuk with the braking system.

yeah he was explaining it something about the vaccuum tub n shit. dude is a big bald redneck about 6foot4 285 , i said youre a big guy. i first started asken them about bleeding the break bleeding he said i didnt need a tube to drain brake fluid just close the screw when the pedal is up and open it when pushing down .  im amazed though that my trusted mechanic down the road quoted me 1200 bucks fuck that guy!
A

Lexus II

• Getbig II
You chose a good vehicle to start with.  Early model American trucks are dead simple and easy to work on.  Make sure you are leaning on a car you don't have to get to work in.  I made the mistake of starting with a late model Japanese car.  Not a good choice for a beginner. 

You have the intelligence and willingness to get dirty to make a descent mechanic. 

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
you are a maniac.

This!

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
Looking forward to the pics.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
yeah he was explaining it something about the vaccuum tub n shit. dude is a big bald redneck about 6foot4 285 , i said youre a big guy. i first started asken them about bleeding the break bleeding he said i didnt need a tube to drain brake fluid just close the screw when the pedal is up and open it when pushing down .  im amazed though that my trusted mechanic down the road quoted me 1200 bucks fuck that guy!
Great job looks like you saved around $1180 dollars.

The Ugly

• Getbig V

i feel these manual labors of peace threads will inspire other wanna be manual labor neeguls to really be in the position to control there destiny by fixing any problem that is put before them. that is tru bodybuilding. tru bodybuilding isnt going to the gym and paying a guy to fix your car and be nearly broke fuck that im gonna be taking my time working on this after work no rush this is my back up ride but i wanna do it right. i cant beleive shops charge this much either man but i can understand  though them damn haynes and chiltons manuals are the shit. i just got a haynes manual looks like some good shit in that book way more useful then a flex magazine.

If you're gonna quote Weider, at least credit the man. RIP.