Author Topic: Why get married...  (Read 4079 times)

Johnnyringo

• Getbig II
Why get married...
« on: July 04, 2014, 11:17:57 PM »
No seriously... why?

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
Re: Why get married...
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 01:25:47 AM »
So you always have someone to do something with  ???

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 01:35:32 AM »
No seriously... why?

so you can always be disappointed?

so you can always count on being lied to?

lol

so somebody can remind you to wash the dishes, rather than buy new dishes (or plastic Tupperware  3 pack bowls at the dollar store and $2.20 50ct plastic 16oz cups at walmart)

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 01:45:44 AM »
It's too early here for that question.

Johnnyringo

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2014, 01:46:29 AM »
Doesn't make sense in our western society... pay for your offspring(obviously) just don't buy the in home daycare that women feel overburdened to provide.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2014, 11:43:07 AM »
It's never too early here for that question.

Fixed.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2014, 01:40:26 PM »
To not end up alone and sad.

Not a very idealistic reason, eh?

People will stop marrying as soon as there will be a way to stay healthy enough to be able to enjoy life with no serious health issues till the last day.

Another option: become very rich, most of these things won't matter..

spiro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2014, 01:48:12 PM »
I'm getting married soon. I never thought I would. I met someone who I'm extremely compatible with. She improves my life she is like my personal secretary and assistant. I get home from gym dinner is ready. My laundry is done without asking. She went away this weekend to see her family what does she do before she leaves? Stocks up the kitchen with my favorite foods. I have a test coming up she made me over 200 flashcards to study with. I seriously have it very good. She's from a southern family god fearing people soft spoken people.

Before we met I was still living like a college kid it was getting old. Now when I go to bed every night I have my little sweet heart snuggled up on my chest so comfortably.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2014, 01:52:37 PM »
To not end up alone and sad.

Not a very idealistic reason, eh?

People will stop marrying as soon as there will be a way to stay healthy enough to be able to enjoy life with no serious health issues till the last day.

Another option: become very rich, most of these things won't matter..

Alone and sad with the divorce rates so high, with Facebook and Internet dating, is a thing of the past.

Bertha Butt

• Getbig III
  • My happy pussy...
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2014, 01:53:15 PM »
I'm getting married soon. I never thought I would. I met someone who I'm extremely compatible with. She improves my life she is like my personal secretary and assistant. I get home from gym dinner is ready. My laundry is done without asking. She went away this weekend to see her family what does she do before she leaves? Stocks up the kitchen with my favorite foods. I have a test coming up she made me over 200 flashcards to study with. I seriously have it very good. She's from a southern family god fearing people soft spoken people.

Before we met I was still living like a college kid it was getting old. Now when I go to bed every night I have my little sweet heart snuggled up on my chest so comfortably.

Ahhh!  :)

spiro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2014, 01:56:34 PM »
I've had good examples to follow to. My aunt's uncles grandparents parents all stayed married and all of them were happy and supportive of each other. My mom and dad have been married for thirty years and they treat each other so well. You have to follow certain principals and work hard and be fair to each other. Then you have some kids and leave a legacy behind.

nasht5

• Getbig IV
  • 903 squat 457bench 735 dead - "RAW" (belt & wraps)
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2014, 02:01:14 PM »
I'm on my 3rd wife. the 1st two were poor decisions made without enough understanding and information about them and honest feelings from myself about them.

if you get married make sure you like her, i'm sure you will love her but make sure you like her. If you don't understand the difference then your not ready.
sept 10th APF

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2014, 02:11:46 PM »
She's from a southern family god fearing people soft spoken people.

is her ass hairy?

spiro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2014, 02:12:46 PM »
is her ass hairy?

She shaves it off. Sometimes a hair or two in the crack gets missed.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2014, 02:20:27 PM »
Wow these threads come up weekly now.

They should all be merged and made a sticky for anyone contemplating marriage.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2014, 03:13:43 PM »
Lot of folks on here scared of marriage. These threads come up often. Let me get this.... Is somebody holding a gun to your head and forcing you to get married?  Lol. If you don't want to get married then by all means don't do it.  Its your life.

And if you have to ask...'why get married?' Then you are by no means ready to do so

But to answer your question:

To share your life, values, wealth, happiness, etc. With someone you truly love.
To start a family.
To commit yourself to your soul mate.
To be someone's support system, and to have a support system of your own.
To wake up to a ray of sunshine every morning and know they'll always be there everyday.
To take care of someone and have someone take care of you.
To have someone keep you grounded.
To be challenged intellectually (assuming you didn't marry a complete bimbo)
To have someone cook for you, do your laundry, take care of your child, lol.
To have a second family who you're as close to as your own.
Also doesn't hurt having a second income if your spouse also works (more toys for you).

Sure you could have all these things without getting married but if you're asking why, then I guess something's missing
Sure there are no guarantees that it'll work out but that's the case with everything in life you just have to do your best and take it day by day.

PS I've been happily married for 8 years with one  baby and wouldn't change it for the world!

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2014, 04:26:55 PM »
Lot of folks on here scared of marriage. These threads come up often. Let me get this.... Is somebody holding a gun to your head and forcing you to get married?  Lol. If you don't want to get married then by all means don't do it.  Its your life.

And if you have to ask...'why get married?' Then you are by no means ready to do so

To share your life, values, wealth, happiness, etc. With someone you truly love.
To start a family.
To wake up to a ray of sunshine every morning and know they'll always be there everyday.
Also doesn't hurt having a second income if your spouse also works (more toys for you).

Sure you could have all these things without getting married but if you're asking why, then I guess something's missing
Sure there are no guarantees that it'll work out but that's the case with everything in life you just have to do your best and take it day by day.

PS I've been happily married for 8 years with one  baby and wouldn't change it for the world!

Love to be that baby

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2014, 04:28:07 PM »

Don't fuck it up..
By the sound of it she's a keeper..

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2014, 05:25:27 PM »

Stay single and your pockets will jingle.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2014, 05:25:53 PM »
Nothing last forever. Anyone notice unmarried guys with no kids tend to look younger and are in better shape?
yeah but the point of looking younger and be in better shape is to get women....

chetanbarokar

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2014, 03:24:59 AM »

To start a family.

Brilliant post. Awesome!!  :)

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2014, 05:34:10 AM »
Alone and sad with the divorce rates so high, with Facebook and Internet dating, is a thing of the past.

To be honest I believe that being "alone" has been a choice for quite some time already, with current technologies.

There are other "lonely" people, plenty, so no shortage of possible companionship if needed.

Still, best to be rich, many choices, many ways to live..

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2014, 05:35:06 AM »
I've had good examples to follow to. My aunt's uncles grandparents parents all stayed married and all of them were happy and supportive of each other. My mom and dad have been married for thirty years and they treat each other so well. You have to follow certain principals and work hard and be fair to each other. Then you have some kids and leave a legacy behind.

I'm sorry to tell you this - but noone really cares about your "legacy" except yourself...

Not tyring to be an ass, just stating the obvious.

TEH boob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2014, 09:07:42 AM »
I'm sorry to tell you this - but noone really cares about your "legacy" except yourself...

Not tyring to be an ass, just stating the obvious.

Ok. So he gets married (something he values) to leave a legacy (something else he values).

He's living his life in line with his beliefs. Don't see what's wrong here. No, nobody else cares about his legacy, except for Spiro and most likely his wife

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2014, 09:11:35 AM »
You don't marry so that you won't be alone when old. You marry because you want to be with someone for life.  Someone that makes life worth living.  It doesn't always work out, but there are times. 

My grandparents were married over 75 years and it wasn't all happy happy, joy joy.  Theirs like so many relationships was a love/hate situation.

There were times however that I thought they simply loved to hate one another.  ;D

Today it seems marriage is meant to benefit only one group of people.  Divorce attorneys.