Author Topic: Anyone fast to lose weight?  (Read 2620 times)

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
Anyone fast to lose weight?
« on: July 05, 2014, 02:45:16 PM »
Hit 223 on the scale in May. Decided to do something about it. Starting fasting with a light and healthy snack during the day, a light supper and a healthy snack later on during the night. So far, I've shed 20 pounds. Anyone else fast to lose weight?

Simple Simon

Re: Anyone fast to lose weight?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 02:46:32 PM »
Hit 223 on the scale in May. Decided to do something about it. Starting fasting during the day, having a light supper and a healthy snack later on during the night. So far, I've shed 20 pounds. Anyone else fast to lose weight?
I dont think Borat (Sevs prodigy) has eaten for three months.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 02:48:14 PM »
I dont think Borat (Sevs prodigy) has eaten for three months.

True. So, it does work!  ;D

nasum

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 02:55:07 PM »
Yeah I do.

I still eat about 1,500 calories though. 200g of protein. Zero carbs unless I'm training (so approx 1,200 calories on non-training days).

I go to work and eat when I go home at 17:00. Eat sweet potato and tuna and then immediately hit the gym. Then when I come home I eat maybe 160g of protein in the form of chicken breast, tins of tuna, nuts, and whey protein. So approximately an 18 hour fast.

Then I have one day a week where I eat a full complement of carbs and usually something unhealthy like a tub of ice cream (and a bottle of wine lol). Say 3000-4000 calories. So usually a bit over maintenance on that day (i assume i need about 2500 calories a day to maintain my weight).

I've been doing this 3 weeks and i've gone from a high of 245lbs to 215lbs today. With an initial water/glycogen loss of approximately 12lbs (I was carry a shit load of water, as it turned out).

I imagine i'll carry this on until the end of july, when I hope to be very lean indeed. Bear in mind my metabolism was incredibly high at the start of this fast, hence the extremely accelerated weight loss (I was formerly eating over 4000 calories a day routinely; literally stuffing my face as much as I could).

TEMPER

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2014, 03:57:22 PM »
Yeah I do.

I still eat about 1,500 calories though. 200g of protein. Zero carbs unless I'm training (so approx 1,200 calories on non-training days).

I go to work and eat when I go home at 17:00. Eat sweet potato and tuna and then immediately hit the gym. Then when I come home I eat maybe 160g of protein in the form of chicken breast, tins of tuna, nuts, and whey protein. So approximately an 18 hour fast.

Then I have one day a week where I eat a full complement of carbs and usually something unhealthy like a tub of ice cream (and a bottle of wine lol). Say 3000-4000 calories. So usually a bit over maintenance on that day (i assume i need about 2500 calories a day to maintain my weight).

I've been doing this 3 weeks and i've gone from a high of 245lbs to 215lbs today. With an initial water/glycogen loss of approximately 12lbs (I was carry a shit load of water, as it turned out).

I imagine i'll carry this on until the end of july, when I hope to be very lean indeed. Bear in mind my metabolism was incredibly high at the start of this fast, hence the extremely accelerated weight loss (I was formerly eating over 4000 calories a day routinely; literally stuffing my face as much as I could).

Anyone can crash diet. You will plateau and when you do, you will still be fat, only now you'll have lost copious amounts of muscle and have the metabolism of a small child.

Please don't try to give advices on such matters.

Jadethegladiator

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2014, 04:00:46 PM »
Fasting=losing muscle...

TEMPER

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2014, 04:06:22 PM »
"Hmm I'm maintaining my weight on 4000 cals a day...I think I'll start eating 1200 all of a sudden for no goddamn reason!"

What are you retards thinking? You could lose weight on 3800 cals, have enough energy substrate to maintain maximum intensity and strength in the gym, and always be full and vascular etc...

Then when you stop losing a lb every 2 weeks...drop to 3600 or hell stay at 3800 and add a light cardio session...drastic anorexic bullshit is for skinny-fat house wives.

do you even lift?

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2014, 04:10:00 PM »
Fasting=losing muscle...

I'm losing muscle, but also a ton of fat. My pants are literally falling off of me and were formerly tight. This is recently as well. I'm willing to make that sacrifice. I rather have less muscle these days and have a smaller waist (the summer is here). I couldn't even fit into a size 40 pants 2 months ago.

TEMPER

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2014, 04:12:44 PM »
I'm losing muscle, but also a ton of fat. My pants are literally falling off of me and were formerly tight. This is recently as well. I'm willing to make that sacrifice. I rather have less muscle these days and have a smaller waist (the summer is here). I couldn't even fit into a size 40 pants 2 months ago.

You could have both but you want Instant gratification like anorexic fatso.

"A light supper and a healthy snack" all day....do you have any clue whatsoever what you're doing to your body?

nasum

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2014, 05:04:23 PM »
Anyone can crash diet. You will plateau and when you do, you will still be fat, only now you'll have lost copious amounts of muscle and have the metabolism of a small child.

Please don't try to give advices on such matters.

It's very hard to lose muscle when you're training 5 days a week and injecting 500mg of test.

Galeniko and no one diet on even lower cals than I do. It's not as catabolic as one might think.

I'm only at 10-11% body fat though, so muscle loss may be more pronounced when I hit single digits. I will keep you posted with the results. Although I do respect there are less drastic ways of cutting.

I prefer the expedient method though, as opposed to spending months dieting down. Did you know arnold schwarzneggar dieted on 1000 cals a day? Well now you do.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2014, 05:06:16 PM »

nasum

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2014, 05:09:27 PM »
Galeniko cited a study (I can't remember where it was from now, but it is in his e-book).

It was a controlled laboratory study on fasting athletic males (not on gear) and it took them 3 full days of eating nothing to cause noticeable muscle catabolism. Can you imagine how minimal the muscle loss is on gear?

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2014, 05:15:22 PM »
Galeniko cited a study (I can't remember where it was from now, but it is in his e-book).

It was a controlled laboratory study on fasting athletic males (not on gear) and it took them 3 full days of eating nothing to cause noticeable muscle catabolism. Can you imagine how minimal the muscle loss is on gear?

Yes I remember that. Was something like 70-90 hrs before muscle begins to be lost.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2014, 05:21:26 PM »

So the fat mysteriously melts off your body before the muscle does?    ::)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2014, 06:43:15 PM »
So the fat mysteriously melts off your body before the muscle does?    ::)

Yes  ???

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2014, 07:09:55 PM »

the funny thing you'll discover when the topic of fasting comes up is the amount of broscience (you'll lose muscle. Jesus Christ. stupid.) and vehemence against it by guys like Tempura who have never tried it.

honestly it's not even worth explaining to or debating people like this anymore or the calorie is a calorie debaters. let everyone who doesn't get it blindly stay slaves to their own ignorance while those of us who do 'get it' reap the benefits.

you cant help someone who refuses to be helped.
b

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2014, 08:11:15 PM »
the funny thing you'll discover when the topic of fasting comes up is the amount of broscience (you'll lose muscle. Jesus Christ. stupid.) and vehemence against it by guys like Tempura who have never tried it.

honestly it's not even worth explaining to or debating people like this anymore or the calorie is a calorie debaters. let everyone who doesn't get it blindly stay slaves to their own ignorance while those of us who do 'get it' reap the benefits.

Listen to no one. He knows a lot about this and it works!

Core

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2014, 08:14:09 PM »
anyone wanna lose weight fast eat once a day after youve done all your days activities like work/school/hobbies whatever you do. its simple too.

training fasted is great as well.

maybe not take it to galeniko extremes... but apply some of that knowledge it does work even if you dont go super hardcore on it

TEMPER

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2014, 08:26:12 PM »

You get what?

Guys look like you eating 3,000 calories a day....You eat 800.

WHY?

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2014, 08:28:56 PM »
Yes, unfortunately I tend to lose weight easily and in the last two weeks I've dropped another 16  pounds.  Hummingbird metabolism, I suppose.   

TEMPER

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2014, 08:44:17 PM »
By actually tweaking your nutrition SUBTLY and adjusting your activity level / lifting programming you can drastically change body composition without losing a LB on the scale.

If you don't have 12 weeks to develop your physique, this is not for you, quit now.

Only ACTUAL dieticians and people who do this shit for A LIVING should be programming for people.

Recommending 1,000 calorie diets for everyone is just flat out fucking irresponsible. AND STUPID.

Try actually learning something.
http://www.jtsstrength.com/articles/2014/07/02/laws-optimizing-body-composition/

"ces like nuts, nut butters and healthy oils like olive oil). If fat loss is your goal, slowly cut down on fat intake before you reduce protein and carb consumption."

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2014, 10:15:33 PM »

I'm a little unclear as to which stance your taking?

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2014, 10:18:41 PM »
anyone wanna lose weight fast eat once a day after youve done all your days activities like work/school/hobbies whatever you do. its simple too.

training fasted is great as well.

maybe not take it to galeniko extremes... but apply some of that knowledge it does work even if you dont go super hardcore on it

This is what I'm doing and I'm losing a ton of weight. Almost 23 pounds so far and my arms have only gone from 16.5" to a 16", so it's not like I'm losing as much muscle as some people on here are saying.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2014, 10:31:01 PM »
I'm a little unclear as to which stance your taking?

No one is very pro-fasting.