Author Topic: Boehner: Why we must now sue the President  (Read 10203 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Boehner: Why we must now sue the President
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2014, 12:43:51 PM »
Sure, OK.

It's just that I was under the impression that Necrosis made his comment about Bush having done the same (and worse) than what Obama has done in an effort to argue why impeaching or bringing suit against Obama was not appropriate. 

Therefore, when you responded by making the point that (I'm paraphrasing, lol) "2 wrongs don't make a right" it seemed reasonable to infer that you thought it was OK impeach, sue or otherwise penalize Obama regardless of whether Bush got in trouble or not. 

Another factor that might cause one to think this inference was reasonable is the title of the topic.

Basically, in the context of this thread "justify" seems to mean "avoid legal penalty" so actually a president probably CAN justify many sorts of bad acts as long as a prior president committed the same sort of bad acts without penalty.

But I do get that you're not using "justify" in that way.

No, it's not reasonable to put words in other people's mouths.  I understand context is important, but maybe you should try taking words at face value, rather than implying, twisting, and contorting.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2014, 12:46:46 PM »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2014/07/09/boehner-disagrees-with-palin-on-impeaching-obama
unreal.  F U Boehner!!!

Normally i cannot stand boehnner, but in this case, I like the he's calling out Palin for her MANY positions on immigration that change about as frequently as the weather :(

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2014, 01:33:57 PM »
Sure, OK.

It's just that I was under the impression that Necrosis made his comment about Bush having done the same (and worse) than what Obama has done in an effort to argue why impeaching or bringing suit against Obama was not appropriate. 

Therefore, when you responded by making the point that (I'm paraphrasing, lol) "2 wrongs don't make a right" it seemed reasonable to infer that you thought it was OK impeach, sue or otherwise penalize Obama regardless of whether Bush got in trouble or not. 

Another factor that might cause one to think this inference was reasonable is the title of the topic.

Basically, in the context of this thread "justify" seems to mean "avoid legal penalty" so actually a president probably CAN justify many sorts of bad acts as long as a prior president committed the same sort of bad acts without penalty.

But I do get that you're not using "justify" in that way.

Only problem is I seem to remember Obama attacking GWB for exactly this reason, going on to say that he wasn't going to take advantage of the executive branch like GWB did.

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2014, 01:42:56 PM »
Impeachment is a waste of time.  You will never in 10000 years get enough votes in the Senate  to remove him....you may as well jack off in a hat.

Shut it down...get a majority in the Senate and shut it down.  Give him nothing...no judges, no cabinet members no nothing.  Force him to veto every single bit of common sense legislation you can muscle through a non filibuster proof senate and shove it up his ass when he does

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2014, 01:45:03 PM »
Impeachment is a waste of time.  You will never in 10000 years get enough votes in the Senate  to remove him....you may as well jack off in a hat.

Shut it down...get a majority in the Senate and shut it down.  Give him nothing...no judges, no cabinet members no nothing.  Force him to veto every single bit of common sense legislation you can muscle through a non filibuster proof senate and shove it up his ass when he does

Racist post.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2014, 01:46:59 PM »

Pretty much.  Not only is it a waste of time, impeachment and removal would give us President Biden. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2014, 02:36:32 PM »
Pretty much.  Not only is it a waste of time, impeachment and removal would give us President Biden. 

and if he commits felonies like obama, we impeach his ass too!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2014, 02:37:21 PM »
and if he commits felonies like obama, we impeach his ass too!

Not nice to talk about the ticket you voted for like that.