Author Topic: World Cup - Dear Brazil  (Read 2039 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
World Cup - Dear Brazil
« on: July 08, 2014, 02:55:57 PM »
Way to let your people starve and not even trying to make a goal. Way to have your priorities straight by pumping money into useless stadiums that will never be used. I'm sure you're going kill each other, burn and break store fronts and turn over cars over this. Have fun.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
Re: Dear Brazil,
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 02:57:40 PM »
Way to let your people starve and not even trying to make a goal. Way to have your priorities straight by pumping money into useless stadiums that will never be used. I'm sure you're going kill each other, burn and break store fronts and turn over cars over this. Have fun.

Quoted before you modify to include Obama, who you accidentally omitted.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 02:59:04 PM »
Hey,

they always have bangbros.com and their film crew putting millions into their economy

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 04:04:08 PM »
All because this dude wasn't their keeper...

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 06:49:14 PM »

No one gives a fuck about what you think. 

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 06:53:49 PM »
Brazil should focus on big asses, Samba, and a well-groomed pubis.

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2014, 06:59:33 PM »

Brazil spent $10-15 billion on the World Cup and will get a projected $50 billion return in economic growth and new job creation. The best way to help Brazil's poor is through economic development that stimulates growth. Hosting the World Cup does exactly that.

The Brazilian government certainly expects a bigger boost. A study by Ernst & Young and Brazilian think-tank FGV projected that financial gains from the tournament will amount to five times the government's investment, creating millions of jobs and ultimately adding more than $50 billion to the country's economy.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/nathanielparishflannery/2014/06/23/world-cup-economics-why-brazils-bashers-have-got-it-wrong/ 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2014, 08:27:06 PM »
Brazil spent $10-15 billion on the World Cup and will get a projected $50 billion return in economic growth and new job creation. The best way to help Brazil's poor is through economic development that stimulates growth. Hosting the World Cup does exactly that.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/nathanielparishflannery/2014/06/23/world-cup-economics-why-brazils-bashers-have-got-it-wrong/ 

Nice, does it say how much they will lose in the long run? Never think short term solution.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2014, 08:27:42 PM »
No one gives a fuck about what you think. 

You must be from Brazil.

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2014, 08:34:49 PM »
Nice, does it say how much they will lose in the long run? Never think short term solution.

How would they lose in the long run? The country will recoup the total $15 billion invested in hosting the WC and then take in an estimated $35 billion on top of that. The reason countries fight so hard to host the WC or the Olympics is because of how massively profitable they are.

How is economic growth a short-term solution? How is the creation of new jobs a short-term solution?

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
  • Can't wait until the new DaddyWaddy's come out
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2014, 08:37:11 PM »
How does the World Cup generate lasting jobs?  It ends this weekend and those stadiums will sit empty.
Air Falcon

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2014, 08:47:00 PM »
How would they lose in the long run? The country will recoup the total $15 billion invested in hosting the WC and then take in an estimated $35 billion on top of that. The reason countries fight so hard to host the WC or the Olympics is because of how massively profitable they are.

How is economic growth a short-term solution? How is the creation of new jobs a short-term solution?

Very little long term economic growth will come of it. They had billions and instead of investing it in infrastructure that would create jobs. They invested in worthless stadiums that will never be used. Again, it's a short term solution for a long term problem. Eventually the money runs out.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2014, 09:37:16 PM »
People take sports wayyyyyyyyy too seriously. Especially, soccer. Ridiculous.
X

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2014, 09:44:12 PM »
Very little long term economic growth will come of it. They had billions and instead of investing it in infrastructure that would create jobs. They invested in worthless stadiums that will never be used. Again, it's a short term solution for a long term problem. Eventually the money runs out.

Coach....won't those stadiums be used again during the next Olympics?

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2014, 09:54:10 PM »

stop making shit up, most countries that have hosted the olympics have lost money.

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2014, 09:57:59 PM »
stop making shit up, most countries that have hosted the olympics have lost money.

Stop making shit up, no "most countries" haven't. A few have lost money through corruption and ineptitude, but that does not mean they did not make money by being a host city.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2014, 10:00:19 PM »
Stop making shit up, no "most countries" haven't. A few have lost money through corruption and ineptitude, but that does not mean they did not make money by being a host city.

Brazil is a corrupt country, one of the most corrupt.
Most have lost money, its just a fact man. Sorry.

How the fuck does hosting anything create long lasting jobs?? driving a empty fucken bus?

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2014, 10:03:11 PM »

Coach, I know you to be a smart man but you are wrong on this. The long-term problems Brazil faces are inflation, unemployment (although it is lower than it has been in years), and poverty that affects 20% of the population. If the government spent their $15 billion on social programs then, yes the problem would remain when the money ran out. By investing that money into WC and attracting investment, creating jobs, and increasing the money supply the government has created long-term growth in the economy. A surplus of $35 billion does not lie. The best LONG TERM solution to Brazil's problems is in creating jobs and economic opportunities for Brazilians. This will be my last post on this because between you and DickerBlade there seems to be a lack of understanding of global economic development.

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2014, 10:03:52 PM »
Brazil is a corrupt country, one of the most corrupt.
Most have lost money, its just a fact man. Sorry.

How the fuck does hosting anything create long lasting jobs?? driving a empty fucken bus?

I was going to type a response to this but you are clearly a moron, so I won't bother.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2014, 10:04:32 PM »
so Obama LOSING the bid to host Olympics in Chicago, in which he underperformed and lost... and was mocked by repubs...

Were these repubs ignorant of the fact most host cities end up negative as a result of hosting the games?  

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/07/30/do-the-olympics-boost-the-economy-studies-show-the-impact-is-likely-negative.html

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2014, 10:05:36 PM »
that's a cheap shot, no need to degrade yourself by name calling man.

We all have opinions man. My opinion is brazil is the shitstain of the world.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2014, 10:06:29 PM »
I was going to type a response to this but you are clearly a moron, so I won't bother.

you lost the debate before it even started, go back to your corner.

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2014, 10:26:02 PM »
so Obama LOSING the bid to host Olympics in Chicago, in which he underperformed and lost... and was mocked by repubs...

Were these repubs ignorant of the fact most host cities end up negative as a result of hosting the games?  

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/07/30/do-the-olympics-boost-the-economy-studies-show-the-impact-is-likely-negative.html

The L.A. Olympics under Peter Ueberoth were very profitable.

Chicago was never a player in the bid for the Olympics, that was just an Obama, Michellebacca, Oprah, and Rahm Emmanuel attempt at getting their hands on billions in infrastructure improvement funds they could turn into their own personal slush fund.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2014, 10:48:07 PM »
The L.A. Olympics under Peter Ueberoth were very profitable.

Chicago was never a player in the bid for the Olympics, that was just an Obama, Michellebacca, Oprah, and Rahm Emmanuel attempt at getting their hands on billions in infrastructure improvement funds they could turn into their own personal slush fund.

When Romney took over at the Winter Olympics in Salt Lake he turned it around and instead of losing it ended with a $100mil surplus.

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2014, 10:54:23 PM »
When Romney took over at the Winter Olympics in Salt Lake he turned it around and instead of losing it ended with a $100mil surplus.

And the Mormons are as corrupt as they come......and I'm being serious.