Author Topic: 82 Shot/16 Dead In Chicago Violence over 4th Weekend!  (Read 2615 times)

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
Re: 82 Shot/16 Dead In Chicago Violence over 4th Weekend!
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2014, 02:09:03 PM »
There is no city in America with ten million people.  Chicago population is 2.7 million.

https://www.google.com/#q=chicago+population

I hate those 'city limits' population numbers because while technically true, they are extremely misleading as to the actual size of a city for all practical purposes. Chicago popluation within the strict lines of the city proper is 2.7 million, but the actual population of the urban conglomeration known as 'chicago' is very close to 10 million.

Both LA and New York both have vastly more than 10 million people realistically.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2014, 02:23:28 PM »
stop it.  just stop it.  they were ALL inner city black youths killing each other.  I think literally ALL of them.  long weekend.  hot out.  they shoot each other.  it just is what it is.  bleeding heart liberals try to believe that this is not the case.  but it just is.  

young black men are killing each other at an incredible rate out here.  its a shame.  im not saying this to be racist.  im saying it because its true.  most religious black leaders aren't afraid to admit it.  there are rallies all the time about stopping black on black crime.  it gets no press simply because it emboldens racist assholes who hate black people.  but it is true that most blacks are murdered by other blacks because one of them spray painted their sign over another's.  that's literally why they shoot each other most of the time.  turf wars.  it's disgusting and sad.  

I have about 6-7 close family members who are CPD.  its a mess on the west side and south side.  and yes we have some of the strictest gun laws in the country.  the worst part of what they see every day isn't the crime necessarily (though its pretty bad in some areas) but the blatant and rampant abuse of the welfare system.  you'd be sick if you heard some of the stories.  i'm not commenting about welfare anywhere else in the country except Chicago, because that's all I know.  but I assume other states have to deal with the same type of abuse.

Oh, I agree that it's reasonable that the general assumptions about the great majority of the shooters and victims in question is correct.  I'm just tweaking Archer for being somewhat of a hypocrite.

Seems like he likes to pick and choose when to make otherwise reasonable assumptions based on his on biases and prejudices.

Let me quibble with one part of your post, though.  So the worst thing your CPD peoples see is abuse of the welfare system?  Really?  No mention of how fucked up it must be for young kids and otherwise innocent folks to live among that craziness?  I know what I would think is worse, but the CPD doesn't exactly have the reputation of being a sympathetic bunch either, I guess.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2014, 02:27:01 PM »
to be fair though don't take this as me saying "black people are bad".  they don't shoot people because they're black.  they shoot people because its a culture that they came up in.  ghettos with thugs and gangbangers are in every part of the world.  black, white, brown, yellow.

Agree 100%. 

I don't always agree with your posts but they always seem to be well reasoned so I like them.  No homo. lol

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2014, 02:39:18 PM »
The likelihood the shooters were black is astronomical. When you look at the shooting statistics in Chicago and where the shootings over the 4th occurred, it becomes pretty clear.  Again, calling names is another example of one of your numerous tantrums. You literally are incapable of conducting yourself like someone of your age.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013/01/02/us/chicago-killings.html?_r=0

Uh, which of Archer's personalities am I talking to now? 

I hope it's one who realizes that it's just laughable for him to try to criticize me for some name-calling after he alleged that I had raped a 5-year old boy. 

In my book that pretty much gave me license to mess with you for all eternity.  lol

Any comment you'd care to make about that, crazy guy?

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2014, 02:46:59 PM »

I hope it's one who realizes that it's just laughable for him to try to criticize me for some name-calling after he alleged that I had raped a 5-year old boy.  

In my book that pretty much gave me license to mess with you for all eternity.  lol

I was only mocking your idiotic belief that rape charges dont need proof to be true.  And even before that I called you on your childish tantrums.  What makes your tantrums even funnier is that you actually had the nerve to accuse another member of behaving exactly the same way you do.  You have zero self awareness. Its comical but also very sad considering how old you are.  Its a miracle you've lived as long as you have.
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2014, 02:49:18 PM »
if only we could sector off these thugs and let them all kill each other off

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2014, 02:53:14 PM »
if only we could sector off these thugs and let them all kill each other off

We could

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2014, 03:29:29 PM »
I was only mocking your idiotic belief that rape charges dont need proof to be true.  And even before that I called you on your childish tantrums.  What makes your tantrums even funnier is that you actually had the nerve to accuse another member of behaving exactly the same way you do.  You have zero self awareness. Its comical but also very sad considering how old you are.  Its a miracle you've lived as long as you have.

Rape "charges?"  Against whom?  Wrong word, imo. for no one was being charged.  How do you not get that? 

Man, for a statistics hobbyist (lol), you're kind of thick. 

Look, if I tell someone (NOT LE) that I was robbed, am I making a "charge"?   (Answer is, "Hell no".)

It's fair for one to argue that such a person shouldn't be believed, of course.  (And a misogynist like yourself likely will, lol.)

But issues like due process absolutely do not come into play because no one in particular is being accused of anything.   

Ya follow?

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2014, 03:36:00 PM »
Oh, I agree that it's reasonable that the general assumptions about the great majority of the shooters and victims in question is correct.  I'm just tweaking Archer for being somewhat of a hypocrite.

Seems like he likes to pick and choose when to make otherwise reasonable assumptions based on his on biases and prejudices.

Let me quibble with one part of your post, though.  So the worst thing your CPD peoples see is abuse of the welfare system?  Really?  No mention of how fucked up it must be for young kids and otherwise innocent folks to live among that craziness?  I know what I would think is worse, but the CPD doesn't exactly have the reputation of being a sympathetic bunch either, I guess.

for the most part we cant control people killing other people.  you take poor and uneducated people and you're going to have crime.  period. 

what we can control is giving money to people who can go out and get it for themselves.  we're not helping these communities with these handouts.  we are hurting them.  this is something I truly believe. 

welfare is there to keep poor people poor and at the same time keep them somewhat compliant. 

I say that's the worst thing because this is something we are doing TO these people.  not FOR them.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2014, 03:40:18 PM »
Rape "charges?"  Against whom?  Wrong word, imo. for no one was being charged.  How do you not get that? 

Man, for a statistics hobbyist (lol), you're kind of thick. 

Look, if I tell someone (NOT LE) that I was robbed, am I making a "charge"?   (Answer is, "Hell no".)

It's fair for one to argue that such a person shouldn't be believed, of course.  (And a misogynist like yourself likely will, lol.)

But issues like due process absolutely do not come into play because no one in particular is being accused of anything.   

Ya follow?

You're the thick one.  Nothing you're rambling on about is the least bit relevent. You dont even remember what you said correctly. Total lack of self awareness is a sad condition.   Senior moment or are you just that stupid? Could it be a senior moment compounding an already preexisting stupidty. I suspect the latter.  At this point youre just babbling like an old fool with only a few marbles left rolling around in his head.  I suspect your response will be another one of your internet tantrums.  Wah wah little baby man.  
A

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2014, 03:53:46 PM »
You're the thick one.  Nothing you're rambling on about is the least bit relevent. You dont even remember what you said correctly. Total lack of self awareness is a sad condition.   Senior moment or are you just that stupid? Could it be a senior moment compounding an already preexisting stupidty. I suspect the latter.  At this point youre just babbling like an old fool with only a few marbles left rolling around in his head.  I suspect your response will be another one of your internet tantrums.  Wah wah little baby man.  

Dodge, dodge, deflection.

Well done.

You are clearly a serious person.  lol

BTW, I count 3 misspellings in your post.  Does that mean you were having a tantrum when you wrote it?

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2014, 04:05:56 PM »
Dodge, dodge, deflection.

Well done.

You are clearly a serious person.  lol

BTW, I count 3 misspellings in your post.  Does that mean you were having a tantrum when you wrote it?

No dodging or deflecting. Ive explained my position to you repeatedly but you are incapable of understanding.  Having a rational adult discussion is something you've repeatedly shown yourself incapable of having.   You act like a child so that is how I'm going to treat you.  It amazes me that a man as old as you are acts the way you do.
A

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2014, 05:08:38 PM »
No dodging or deflecting. Ive explained my position to you repeatedly but you are incapable of understanding.  Having a rational adult discussion is something you've repeatedly shown yourself incapable of having.   You act like a child so that is how I'm going to treat you.  It amazes me that a man as old as you are acts the way you do.

Nah, you never explained how depriving anyone of due process made sense after I pointed out that no one in particular was being charged with anything.  You simply made some noise about how due process is the cornerstone of blah, blah, blah...

Really, if you have a compelling argument, you should make it.  I'm not at all too proud to admit it when I'm wrong.

But if that's too much trouble, you can rationalize your unwillingness to argue your position any way you want and I'll just laugh because we both know what the real deal is.

As for you calling me childish, that's a laugh since it's clearly a case of the pot calling the kettle a child-rapist, isn't it?  lol 

(Especially funny in light of the fact that you're trying to say that I'm the one who lacks self-awareness, lol.)

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2014, 10:52:29 PM »
Nah, you never explained how depriving anyone of due process made sense after I pointed out that no one in particular was being charged with anything.  You simply made some noise about how due process is the cornerstone of blah, blah, blah...

Really, if you have a compelling argument, you should make it.  I'm not at all too proud to admit it when I'm wrong.

But if that's too much trouble, you can rationalize your unwillingness to argue your position any way you want and I'll just laugh because we both know what the real deal is.

As for you calling me childish, that's a laugh since it's clearly a case of the pot calling the kettle a child-rapist, isn't it?  lol  

(Especially funny in light of the fact that you're trying to say that I'm the one who lacks self-awareness, lol.)

Again, the irony is that you are describing yourself.  I called you a child rapist because I was mocking your idiocy. According to your idiotic way of thinking, an unverifiable accusation is automatically true.

Im going to explain this to you one last time.  If youre striving for statistical accuracy, you shouldn't include unreported rapes in the total number of rapes because you cant substantiate the veracity of the accusation.  You on the other hand believe that the accusation is proof enough.   Ive explained this to you repeatedly but you cant seem to grasp the concept.

I noticed you dodged this reply entirely.
The likelihood the shooters were black is astronomical. When you look at the shooting statistics in Chicago and where the shootings over the 4th occurred, it becomes pretty clear.  Again, calling names is another example of one of your numerous tantrums. You literally are incapable of conducting yourself like someone of your age.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013/01/02/us/chicago-killings.html?_r=0

Instead you decide to change the subject and imply that its I who started the hostility.  You cant even stay on topic. The fact is, you started the hostility by behaving like a frustrated child and lashing out when you didnt get your way.

In my book that pretty much gave me license to mess with you for all eternity.  lol

Im being serious when I say that you are one of the most dense and disturbed individuals on this board.
A

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2014, 12:21:01 AM »
Again, the irony is that you are describing yourself.  I called you a child rapist because I was mocking your idiocy.

LOL.  I believe you were trying to mock me by saying that I had raped a 5-year old child...but please realize that it's gonna be pretty hard for anyone much less me to take you seriously when you complain about name-calling or any other claims about being offended by immature speech of any kind.

According to your idiotic way of thinking, an unverifiable accusation is automatically true.

Automatically true?  No, I'm not saying that.  But I am saying that a woman's claim to having been sexually assaulted some time after having failed to report it to LE has value for the purposes of studying the frequency of sexual assault, especially when the study seeks to include information about the frequency of assaults that were unreported to LE.  

Would you really think it's appropriate for social scientists to collectively just throw up their hands and say, "We can't prove that these women aren't lying so this subject can't be studied."? 

Look mang, I'm hardly the only one who thinks that unreported rapes CAN be studied:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_statistics
According to the American Medical Association (1995), sexual violence, and rape in particular, is considered the most under-reported violent crime.[9][10]

The most common reasons given by victims for not reporting rapes are the belief that it is a personal or private matter, and that they fear reprisal from the assailant. A 2007 British government report says "Estimates from research suggest that between 75 and 95 percent of rape crimes are never reported to the police."

http://news.ku.edu/2014/03/03/law-professor-more-1-million-rapes-unreported-official-us-crime-statistics

Law professor: More than 1 million rapes unreported in official U.S. crime statistics
Fri, 03/07/2014

LAWRENCE — More than 1 million rape cases have gone undocumented across the United States during the past two decades, according to research by a University of Kansas law professor. The chronic under-reporting happened during what was widely considered a “great decline” in violent crime.

Corey Rayburn Yung, associate professor of law, has authored “How to Lie with Rape Statistics: America’s Hidden Rape Crisis.” The article, which will appear in the Iowa Law Review, details Yung’s review of crime data from 1995 to 2012, which shows that by conservative estimates, nearly 1.2 million rapes disappeared from the official record. Yung analyzed data from the FBI’s Uniform Crime Report, which collects data from nearly every police department in the country, and is commonly used by policy makers, media and law enforcement as a picture of crime prevalence in the United States.

Yung has taught and conducted research in rape and crime law and noticed inconsistencies in the number of rapes reported in a number of cities. Raw numbers of rapes were much lower in some cities than raw numbers of murders, which raised red flags as murder is a less common crime. Yung then learned of media investigations in Baltimore, New Orleans, St. Louis and Philadelphia that documented cases of police departments under-reporting rape statistics.

“Originally I was trying to reconcile why the data was showing such anomalies,” Yung said of the impetus of his paper. “Then I found out about the four cities with documented cases of under-reported rapes, and the more I looked the more red flags there were. There were a number of cities where the numbers didn’t make sense.”

I can cite many, many more examples from what most would think are fairly unbiased sources confirming what anyone familiar with other humans could guess;  Women who've been sexually assaulted will not go to the police at the same rate as they would for almost any other crime.

Im going to explain this to you one last time.  If youre striving for statistical accuracy, you shouldn't include unreported rapes in the total number of rapes because you cant substantiate the veracity of the accusation.  You on the other hand believe that the accusation is proof enough.   Ive explained this to you repeatedly but you cant seem to grasp the concept.

Oh, I grasp what you're trying to say.  I just think you're likely talking out of your ass. What I'd like you to do is support your opinion.  Cite some statistical bylaws or the like that state that there's a hard and fast rule against using first-hand verbal testimony of some experience in a statistical study of the frequency of that sort of experience.  (This shouldn't be that hard for someone who proclaims that statistics is a personal hobby, should it?)    

I noticed you dodged this reply entirely.

You're referring to your assumption that you know the race of the folks involved in the gun violence in Chicago over the weekend and, holy shit, that whooshing sound over your head must get annoying sometimes, doesn't it?  

Did you really not see my reply to Bears where I said that I agree with him (and you) that your assumption about the majority of the folks in Chicago was correct?  As I wrote to him, I questioned you about your assumption because I wanted to point out that you seem to be inconsistent about what you'll believe with no proof.  

Go ahead and read my reply to him again and if you really have questions and still rather laughably think I'm dodging, just let me know and I'll answer any other questions you have about the subject.

Instead you decide to change the subject and imply that its I who started the hostility.  You cant even stay on topic. The fact is, you started the hostility by behaving like a frustrated child and lashing out when you didnt get your way.

It's possible that I was a dick to you before you were a dick to me but, c'mon, this is getbig.  And for someone who throws around accusations of being a frustrated child as easily as you do, you sure cry a lot.  Shee-it, man up, Archer.

Also, and I almost forgot about this, how can you accuse me of being a "frustrated child and lashing out" when you are the one who was so butthurt that you went through my post history looking for ammo.  This was completely obvious when you started mentioning my age (I'm 50), which is something that I've mentioned maybe twice on this board and not so recently.  It is to laugh, honestly.

Im being serious when I say that you are one of the most dense and disturbed individuals on this board.

Eh, whateva.  I think you're gonna live despite being a too-sensitive guy who got his feelings hurt and is angrily trying his hardest to return the favor.  Good luck with that, lol.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2014, 01:31:20 AM »

We don't know the demographics of those killed....are you wishing that they were all black???

:D

Yes we do Vince