Author Topic: 82 Shot/16 Dead In Chicago Violence over 4th Weekend!  (Read 2593 times)

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
82 Shot/16 Dead In Chicago Violence over 4th Weekend!
« on: July 08, 2014, 07:44:53 PM »
Sorry... Im confused..????

I thought guns were illegal in Chicago  ??? ??? ???

:o :o :o

LOVE how gun control laws work... we need more gun control laws.. lets GO gun control!!.... "Mr and Ms Amerika' .. turn em' all in"... it works so well...

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-chicago-shot-weekend-violence-20140707-story.html

Death toll rises to 16 in Chicago's bloody 4th of July weekend; 82 shot

Deadly Fourth of July weekend in Chicago: 82 shot, 14 killed
At least 82 people were shot during an 84-hour stretch between Thursday and 3:30 a.m. Monday.
Michael Muskal contact the reporter
CrimePolitics
Death toll rises to 16 in spate of holiday weekend violence in Chicago
Overall homicides are down in Chicago, but city beset by violent weekend: 82 shot, 16 killed

The death toll from Chicago's bloody holiday rose on Tuesday to 16 after two men who had been shot over the Fourth of July weekend died from their wounds.

Over the course of 84 hours during the Independence Day holiday in Chicago, 82 people were shot, prompting calls from Mayor Rahm Emanuel to put a stop to gun violence in the city.
Related story: Bloody Chicago weekend raises questions about guns, gangs and morals
Related story: Bloody Chicago weekend raises questions about guns, gangs and morals
Michael Muskal

Many of the shootings, which began about 3:30 p.m. Thursday, took place in some of the most violent South Side neighborhoods. Five people were reportedly shot by Chicago police, including two who died. The higher death toll was reported Tuesday by the Chicago Tribune.

Speaking to an audience at the Miles Davis Magnet Academy on the city's South Side, Emanuel called for better policing, better education, stronger gun laws and “building a sense of community” to address the city’s gun violence.

“I ask all Chicagoans, regardless of where you live … end the gun violence in our city,” Emanuel said, in video captured by the Sun-Times. “Wherever you are, wherever you live, the gun violence that was part of this weekend is totally unacceptable.”
lRelated American teen beaten in Mideast is a cousin of slain Palestinian

Nation Now
    American teen beaten in Mideast is a cousin of slain Palestinian

See all related

Chicago has become the poster child for urban violence, fueled by gangs and involving drive-by shootings or attacks from cars on other vehicles. People of all ages have been shot on streets and in some cases while sitting on their porches. The weekend carnage is the greatest spate of gun violence so far this year, the Chicago Tribune reported.
Fourth of July is deadliest holiday weekend
Fourth of July is deadliest holiday weekend
Maya Srikrishnan

Yet homicides have actually been going down since 2012 when the city surpassed 500. By 2013, the number of homicides had fallen to 415, still the largest in the nation and substantially more than New York City, with less than 350 and Los Angeles at 255. When computed as the number of murders per 100,000 people, Detroit zooms to the top of the heap in a virtual tie with New Orleans. But Chicago still has the largest number of killings.

According to the Chicago Tribune, which keeps a tally of shooting victims, 1,129 have been shot so far this year in Chicago. According to the Tribune, there were 2,185 shooting victims in Chicago last year.

Last week, Chicago police reported that the number of homicides in Chicago fell during the first half of the year compared with the same period last year. This year, Chicago had 172 homicides through June 30 — nine fewer than the same period last year and 82 fewer than during the first six months of 2012.
cComments

@Mcsu56 I have the feeling you are parroting talking points that you do not understand. Article III, Section 2 of the Constitution states “The judicial Power shall extend to all Cases, in Law and Equity, arising under this Constitution ….” This is known as the Cases and Controversies Clause. If...
    EagleMB
    at 5:29 PM July 08, 2014

Add a comment See all comments

In 2012, an armed gunman invaded a Colorado movie theater killing 12 and injuring 70. Later in the year, Adam Lanza attacked the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., killing 20 pupils and six educators before killing himself. Those and other mass murders touched off a call for greater control of gun violence. But Congress generally ignored lobbying by gun-control groups, though some of the states tightened their rules, including limiting the size of ammunition magazines and other steps to hinder the spread of weapons.

On Monday, the gun control group funded by former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg announced its latest campaign aimed at giving voters information as the nation heads into the mid-term election. The group is sending political candidates 10 questions on gun issues and will use the questionnaire to mobilize what it said will be 1 million Americans who back gun safety measures.

In May, Chicago’s City Council unanimously approved two measures to toughen gun laws. One law clarifies which types of assault weapons are banned.

“Chicago’s violence problem is largely a gun problem,” according to the May measure that toughened the city’s gun laws. “Every year, Chicago police officers take thousands of illegal guns off the street. But, despite these efforts, it remains far too easy for criminals to get their hands on deadly weapons.”

According to the city, from 2009 to 2013, 60% of the guns used to commit crimes in Chicago were originally bought out of state, mainly in Indiana, Mississippi and Wisconsin. Three of the top four sources for guns recovered in Chicago were gun dealers in Illinois cities near Chicago.

Not all of Chicago’s efforts have been successful. In January, a federal judge ruled that an outright ban on gun shops in Chicago was unconstitutional, citing the 2nd Amendment.

“The city of Chicago does not have a problem of too few guns,”  Emanuel noted in May. “There are way too many guns from shops in Cook County and from neighboring states that come into the city of Chicago. On any given weekend, our police officers take more guns off the streets than either New York or L.A.”

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Re: 82 Shot/16 Dead In Chicago Violence over 4th Weekend!
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 07:04:03 AM »
Chicago has 10 million people in it....

Case closed
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 07:06:39 AM »
I'm glad they are killing each other off.  Cheaper in the long run for the taxpayers. 

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 07:11:45 AM »
These kind of differences between Democratically run areas versus Republican areas says a lot.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 07:16:26 AM »
I'm glad they are killing each other off.  Cheaper in the long run for the taxpayers. 

We don't know the demographics of those killed....are you wishing that they were all black???
A

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 07:18:11 AM »

We don't know the demographics of those killed....are you wishing that they were all black???

::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 07:20:19 AM »

Mostly thugs and gang bangers - f em

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2014, 07:45:17 AM »

Case closed

Are you seriously this ignorant?  The shooters were minorities and you know it but you will always reflexively defend blacks instead of acknowledging the facts.   By the way, there aren't ten million people in the city of Chicago. 
A

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2014, 07:48:57 AM »

We don't know the demographics of those killed.

hahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2014, 08:26:57 AM »
For a place Obama supposedly organized - the place looks like a complete wreck

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2014, 08:54:50 AM »
I love how the media completely ignores the 800lb gorilla in the room. They just keep their mouths shut and their heads in tbe sand and stick to promoting anti-gun headlines.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2014, 09:09:37 AM »
I love how the media completely ignores the 800lb gorilla in the room. They just keep their mouths shut and their heads in tbe sand and stick to promoting anti-gun headlines.

It's a total scam but people like Vince will continue to believe George Zimmermans like figures are out in the streets targeting his black brothers.  Vince and people like him live in an alternative reality where up is down and down is up. 
A

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2014, 09:42:37 AM »

Are you seriously this ignorant?  The shooters were minorities and you know it but you will always reflexively defend blacks instead of acknowledging the facts.   By the way, there aren't ten million people in the city of Chicago. 

How are you presuming to know the race of the shooters?  That you would do that is an insult to the sacrosanct concept of due process which, a great man once said, is the cornerstone of our legal system. (lol, ok it was that humorless goof Archer on getbig.)

Seriously, though, I think there are about 10 million folks in the Chicago Metropolitan Area.  (Chicagoland they calls it, I think.)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2014, 10:01:55 AM »
For a place Obama supposedly organized - the place looks like a complete wreck

when did obama "organize" it?   Did he manage police resources?  Was he the sole "organizer"?

Would love to see what % of this crime is his fault.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2014, 10:07:21 AM »
How are you presuming to know the race of the shooters?  That you would do that is an insult to the sacrosanct concept of due process which, a great man once said, is the cornerstone of our legal system. (lol, ok it was that humorless goof Archer on getbig.)

Seriously, though, I think there are about 10 million folks in the Chicago Metropolitan Area.  (Chicagoland they calls it, I think.)

stop it.  just stop it.  they were ALL inner city black youths killing each other.  I think literally ALL of them.  long weekend.  hot out.  they shoot each other.  it just is what it is.  bleeding heart liberals try to believe that this is not the case.  but it just is.  

young black men are killing each other at an incredible rate out here.  its a shame.  im not saying this to be racist.  im saying it because its true.  most religious black leaders aren't afraid to admit it.  there are rallies all the time about stopping black on black crime.  it gets no press simply because it emboldens racist assholes who hate black people.  but it is true that most blacks are murdered by other blacks because one of them spray painted their sign over another's.  that's literally why they shoot each other most of the time.  turf wars.  it's disgusting and sad.  

I have about 6-7 close family members who are CPD.  its a mess on the west side and south side.  and yes we have some of the strictest gun laws in the country.  the worst part of what they see every day isn't the crime necessarily (though its pretty bad in some areas) but the blatant and rampant abuse of the welfare system.  you'd be sick if you heard some of the stories.  i'm not commenting about welfare anywhere else in the country except Chicago, because that's all I know.  but I assume other states have to deal with the same type of abuse.

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2014, 10:16:03 AM »
Sure Vince...between all the gun violence in cities like Detroit and Chicago and the high abortion rate amongst African Americans, collectively... black people are well on the way to achieving the Ku Klux Klan's vision for an African free America.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2014, 10:29:11 AM »
Sure Vince...between all the gun violence in cities like Detroit and Chicago and the high abortion rate amongst African Americans, collectively... black people are well on the way to achieving the Ku Klux Klan's vision for an African free America.

that's another thing that doesn't get a lot of press.  how much the black religious leaders HATE Planned Parenthood.  it's something like 80% of planned parenthood abortion clinics are located in black neighborhoods.  huge cash cow for them.  

but no one talks about it.  most just choose blissful ignorance.  because again, what is a liberal who defends everything abortion supposed to do?  criticize a black religious leader and call him ignorant?  they don't do that.  they don't start wars unless its with a WHITE conservative.  that's why you never see gay people protesting at a Baptist church on the West Side of Chicago.  but you see them marching on into the white suburbs and doing it all the time.    

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2014, 10:33:43 AM »

It is a well known fact that in chicago, blacks are 33% of the population but commit something like 70+% of the city's murders. Virtually all these chicago 'shootings' are gang related. Look into it and you will see.

Yet every single one of these articles frames it from the gun control perspective, as if it were white NRA members and their evil guns that were gunning down totally innocent families having picnics or some shit, when everyone knows its black gangs killing black gangs with black market obtained weapons.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2014, 10:45:35 AM »

to be fair though don't take this as me saying "black people are bad".  they don't shoot people because they're black.  they shoot people because its a culture that they came up in.  ghettos with thugs and gangbangers are in every part of the world.  black, white, brown, yellow.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2014, 11:13:34 AM »

The likelihood the shooters were black is astronomical. When you look at the shooting statistics in Chicago and where the shootings over the 4th occurred, it becomes pretty clear.  Again, calling names is another example of one of your numerous tantrums. You literally are incapable of conducting yourself like someone of your age.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013/01/02/us/chicago-killings.html?_r=0
A

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2014, 12:38:10 PM »

Case closed

There is no city in America with ten million people.  Chicago population is 2.7 million.

https://www.google.com/#q=chicago+population

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2014, 12:45:52 PM »
There is no city in America with ten million people.  Chicago population is 2.7 million.

https://www.google.com/#q=chicago+population

Actually, NYC is 8.4 million americans + 1.6 million "undocumented" aliens that are here thanks to many acts of love.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2014, 12:50:26 PM »
Actually, NYC is 8.4 million americans + 1.6 million "undocumented" aliens that are here thanks to many acts of love.

I wish they all would shoot each othert

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2014, 12:56:53 PM »
I wish they all would shoot each othert

they need more guns.  however, "bloomberg 2012" won't let them carry weapons.  I cannot believe the dems ever elected that dude.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2014, 01:02:55 PM »

they need more guns.  however, "bloomberg 2012" won't let them carry weapons.  I cannot believe the dems ever elected that dude.

The more the ghetto apes kill each other off the better