Author Topic: Prince fielder  (Read 5143 times)

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
Re: Prince fielder
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2014, 03:13:43 PM »
Just because one doesn't look "fit" doesn't they aren't. Every year or less they still have to pass physicals and certain conditioning requirements (Pitchers not included usually in conditioning requirement unless maybe in the National League).

When even these subjects come up about REAL athletes that don't meet what people on this board seem "fit" (such as oiled up men in sequenced thongs) it's laughable.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2014, 03:14:11 PM »
hey coach, mr kruk passed all his team physicals with flying colours!

Kruk was as fit as he was going to get. He had a successful career. Now the only Kruk can pass is gas. During a game last week he was talking about food, I turn the channel to watch something and I came back to the game 20 min later and he was STILL talking about foot. Dude's a walking heart attack.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2014, 03:14:41 PM »

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2014, 03:16:40 PM »
LOL...ok.

;D  I know what you meant. See the same thing in rugby, fat props who still last the 80 minutes after making 30 tackles; that's like lifting 30 110kg bags in 80 mins while running.

I just don't understand the athleticism required for baseball. Power and skill, sure, athleticism, nah.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2014, 03:27:48 PM »
;D  I know what you meant. See the same thing in rugby, fat props who still last the 80 minutes after making 30 tackles; that's like lifting 30 110kg bags in 80 mins while running.

I just don't understand the athleticism required for baseball. Power and skill, sure, athleticism, nah.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2014, 03:30:47 PM »

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2014, 03:33:04 PM »

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2014, 03:35:52 PM »
Kruk was as fit as he was going to get. He had a successful career. Now the only Kruk can pass is gas. During a game last week he was talking about food, I turn the channel to watch something and I came back to the game 20 min later and he was STILL talking about foot. Dude's a walking heart attack.

favorite quote from Kruk was after he was 'caught' smoking a ciggerette on his way out on the field.

his reply "I'm a baseball player... not an athlete.".

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2014, 06:14:00 PM »
Prince is...or was...really really good at swinging a baseball bat.  Generating the bat speed that he did before his neck injury is not something any guy off the street can do.  If you study his swing from his days with the Brewers, he's using his body perfectly to generate the maximum speed and power through the strike zone.  He was durable as hell too...didn't miss a game for several years.
The violence in his swing and his refusal to take a day off here and there ay have bit him in the ass though.  He needed neck surgery earlier this year while he was facing a 3rd or 4th straight year of declining HR totals.

I wish him luck..but the neck injury might slow that swing down just enough to turn him into an average or worse MLB hitter.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2014, 06:54:32 PM »
Easy to maintain look.

Suprisingly durable during his career considering he's a fat lump of shit. Horrible Tattoos. Texas rangers got fucked in trading for him. His latest injury is probably the tip of the iceberg now that's he's 30 years old and not getting any skinnier.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2014, 07:06:44 PM »
Prince is...or was...really really good at swinging a baseball bat.  Generating the bat speed that he did before his neck injury is not something any guy off the street can do.  If you study his swing from his days with the Brewers, he's using his body perfectly to generate the maximum speed and power through the strike zone.  He was durable as hell too...didn't miss a game for several years.
The violence in his swing and his refusal to take a day off here and there ay have bit him in the ass though.  He needed neck surgery earlier this year while he was facing a 3rd or 4th straight year of declining HR totals.

I wish him luck..but the neck injury might slow that swing down just enough to turn him into an average or worse MLB hitter.

Lets not forget that Comerica isnt an ideal park for power hitters like Prince, Im sure that played a large role in the declining hr numbers. That said spot on, we were lucky to get rid of him.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2014, 08:17:10 PM »
Suprisingly durable during his career considering he's a fat lump of shit. Horrible Tattoos. Texas rangers got fucked in trading for him. His latest injury is probably the tip of the iceberg now that's he's 30 years old and not getting any skinnier.
To be fair he has lost a lot of weight.

A