Author Topic: Best Jobs for bodybuilding  (Read 1876 times)

Go F Yourself

• Getbig II
Best Jobs for bodybuilding
« on: July 09, 2014, 06:04:41 AM »
Other thread got me thinking, what are the best jobs for the bodybuilding lifestyle?

I've worked security in the past and that was certainly pretty anabolic seeing how i wasn't doing shit all, besides eating for that time.

Any thoughts?

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
Re: Best Jobs for bodybuilding
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 06:12:46 AM »
Standing and painting houses.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 06:17:33 AM »
Other thread got me thinking, what are the best jobs for the bodybuilding lifestyle?

I've worked security in the past and that was certainly pretty anabolic seeing how i wasn't doing shit all, besides eating for that time.

Any thoughts?

If you're truly serious about this....

Physical therapist would be a great career path for a bodybuilder. They make pretty decent money and are highly respected in the medical world and otherwise. Every major hospital around the country has Physical Therapists on staff and they can make up to 75-100K with ease. Also, there are many opportunities for physical therapists within professional sports teams (NBA, NFL, MLB etc.) and those therapists can make deep into the 6-figure salary range. The added benefit is that as a physical therapist you are always around workout equipment and are uptodate with the latest trends for optimized performance.

Personal trainers and Fitness industry models are also options to consider.

I wouldn't recommend security, because big muscles DO NOT translate to fighting skill or stamina needed when faced with an assailant. I've seen a shit load of bodybuilders get their asses annihilated by 170lb twinks that just so happened to have good hands and a little skill in fighting.

Construction work would seem like the obvious, but construction workers have a different type of strength and build than most bodybuilders. Those guys have functional strength due to having strong joints, ligaments and tendons. It's an entirely different feel than what most bodybuilders are used to.

Good luck!

"1"

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 06:23:34 AM »
What onemorep is basically saying is that bodybuilders are weak asses that serve only the schmoes...
S

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 08:25:17 AM »
Anything not very physical, was a builder for 8 years and and it really hammered training poundages and intensity.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 08:56:25 AM »
Just as an added note, regarding Physical Therapists...

It is now necessary to get a Doctorate in Physical Therapy (DPT) in order to practice*, so it's a pretty long road.

"1"

* Thank you friend  ;)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 09:19:36 AM »
Blow job?

the trainer

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2014, 09:29:25 AM »
Best job for a bodybuilder is to be a housewife, you can get a rich old woman like dennis did or get a schome to sponsor you.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2014, 09:55:08 AM »
Construction worker is the worse job for a bodybuilder. A union laborer can have to do mandatory 16 hour shifts many times. Also between all the carrying, shoveling, and moving stuff it's exhausting work.  There is no way you're going to the gym after working on a bridge  for 14 hours.

Physical therapist is a great idea. Acceptance into a school demands high academics and SAT. That is something most bodybuilders are lacking.  ;D In NJ many are making over 100K. I know in rural states it's less but then so is the cost of living.

Many competing bodybuilders in the 70's that I knew from the gyms were steroid dealers. It's a felony and that could land you in prison now for years. Many of the pro's in the past didn't have jobs but were connected the paying gay crowd. Some even made enough money to buy gyms. Not that there's anything wrong with that. (Seinfeld)

Knooger

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2014, 10:05:58 AM »
What onemorep is basically saying is that bodybuilders are weak asses that serve only the schmoes...

Well then, this OMR guy sounds like he speaks the truth.

The Onion

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2014, 10:10:16 AM »
Driver at a taxi service for the disabled.

Garbage collector.

Parking attendant.

Debt collector.

Leatherneck

• Getbig IV
  • Still as lean, just as mean, former US Marine
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2014, 10:11:14 AM »
Door man at a high end building or valet at a downtown establishment. Easy ways to find a sugar momma/daddy.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2014, 10:15:18 AM »
If you're truly serious about this....

Physical therapist would be a great career path for a bodybuilder. They make pretty decent money and are highly respected in the medical world and otherwise. Every major hospital around the country has Physical Therapists on staff and they can make up to 75-100K with ease. Also, there are many opportunities for physical therapists within professional sports teams (NBA, NFL, MLB etc.) and those therapists can make deep into the 6-figure salary range. The added benefit is that as a physical therapist you are always around workout equipment and are uptodate with the latest trends for optimized performance.

Personal trainers and Fitness industry models are also options to consider.

I wouldn't recommend security, because big muscles DO NOT translate to fighting skill or stamina needed when faced with an assailant. I've seen a shit load of bodybuilders get their asses annihilated by 170lb twinks that just so happened to have good hands and a little skill in fighting.

Construction work would seem like the obvious, but construction workers have a different type of strength and build than most bodybuilders. Those guys have functional strength due to having strong joints, ligaments and tendons. It's an entirely different feel than what most bodybuilders are used to.

Good luck!

"1"
that's what this fellow did, then he got into selling high end cars. and he's still going.
F

nasht5

• Getbig IV
  • 903 squat 457bench 735 dead - "RAW" (belt & wraps)
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2014, 10:54:55 AM »
an IT technician like ruhl.
sept 10th APF

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2014, 10:57:48 AM »
men's room attendant...you're in their half the time to shit anyway and it will be a short walk to a stall for a shmoe to feel you up, jack off while you pose or...if the money is right... blow you.

Alpine

• Getbig III
  • That which does not kill us makes us stronger.
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2014, 02:11:25 PM »
Lawyer is ideal. I sit around a nice office browsing the internet most of the day. Occasionally I do some written pleadings or motions. Some days are cake, some days I'm buried in work. Just depends. There is a private kitchen 8 steps away that I can keep food, shakes, snacks, etc. in. Its shared between myself and my secretary.  Easy to eat whenever. A couple times a week I have to wear a monkey suit and go to court and pretend I know what I'm talking about in front of a judge. That's about it. Trials are a bitch and you dont eat all day but that's not as often. Otherwise we just rape insurance companies and collect money for injured idiots riding Harleys and shit such as you fellow getbiggers. If you can handle the stress and deadlines, its not bad. Unfortunately, it has a requirement a lot of you dont meet. You cant be a complete fucking meathead dipshit.  :(

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2014, 08:51:46 AM »
Construction worker is the worse job for a bodybuilder. A union laborer can have to do mandatory 16 hour shifts many times. Also between all the carrying, shoveling, and moving stuff it's exhausting work.  There is no way you're going to the gym after working on a bridge  for 14 hours.

Physical therapist is a great idea. Acceptance into a school demands high academics and SAT. That is something most bodybuilders are lacking.  ;D In NJ many are making over 100K. I know in rural states it's less but then so is the cost of living.

Many competing bodybuilders in the 70's that I knew from the gyms were steroid dealers. It's a felony and that could land you in prison now for years. Many of the pro's in the past didn't have jobs but were connected the paying gay crowd. Some even made enough money to buy gyms. Not that there's anything wrong with that. (Seinfeld)

That's simply lazy-man talk. Plenty of people have worked construction jobs (myself included) and make it to the gym. Some who train at my gym often just hit the iron in their work clothes. And, if I'm not mistaken, Jay Cutler used to sling concrete with his brothers in his younger years. Apparently, he found time to make it to the gym.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2014, 08:55:18 AM »
an IT technician like ruhl.

I thought he sold used cars.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2014, 08:59:43 AM »
best shape i ever got in in my life i was working in a gym/health club, lets face it,if a person cant get in shape when they r working in a gym thats a serious problem, big problem
R

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2014, 09:04:29 AM »
Undertaker. Nothing conveys gravitas and empathy like a muscled behemoth in an ill fitting suit shovelling rice and chicken into his mouth while the coffin is lowered.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2014, 09:11:34 AM »
best shape i ever got in in my life i was working in a gym/health club, lets face it,if a person cant get in shape when they r working in a gym thats a serious problem, big problem

I tried that almost 20 years ago and it sucked, as basically I was a janitor in a weight room. When I finally got my summer engineering intern job two years later, I made some of my best gains.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2014, 09:30:11 AM »
You can be an Analyst/Therapist or in short be an Analrapist

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2014, 09:30:52 AM »
I've met several bodybuilders who were chiropractors. Dentist might be another good profession.