Author Topic: BigCyp is going to Medical School  (Read 10064 times)

BigCyp

• Getbig V
BigCyp is going to Medical School
« on: July 10, 2014, 02:50:19 AM »
Just thought I would let my nearest and dearest bros know about a big career change I am embarking on.

At 29 years of age, I officially hate my job (well paid, but in finance in a shipping firm)

I literally drag myself to work, as the only incentive is paying my mortage and bills.

I've wanted to study medicine and become a General Practitioner since I was about 10, but decided to take a different course of study at 16 yo

It's now or never, I will be qualified at 35 and a G.P. at 38 (potentially 25-30 years in this career).

So as of this september I will be doing a 'foundation year' and then a 5 year MBBS

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
Re: BigCyp is going to Medical School
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 02:55:32 AM »

congrats bro.

inspiring to hear people change life directions instead of staying in the rut.

takes balls, esp once your older have a family and obligations.

respect and GL.
b

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 02:59:07 AM »
Just thought I would let my nearest and dearest bros know about a big career change I am embarking on.

At 29 years of age, I officially hate my job (well paid, but in finance in a shipping firm)

I literally drag myself to work, as the only incentive is paying my mortage and bills.

I've wanted to study medicine and become a General Practitioner since I was about 10, but decided to take a different course of study at 16 yo

It's now or never, I will be qualified at 35 and a G.P. at 38 (potentially 25-30 years in this career).

So as of this september I will be doing a 'foundation year' and then a 5 year MBBS

enjoy a $600k student debt.

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 03:05:16 AM »
Here I was, thinking you'd donated your corpse to science. ::)

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 03:10:15 AM »

Good on you BigCyp, takes courage and determination....good luck
S

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 03:10:40 AM »

ya good point. he should take the route thats made you such a blessing to society- convicted felon. cant hold a real job so you become a personal trainer, and you make steroids in your sink.

wtf is wrong with you.
b

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2014, 03:16:23 AM »
listen to your innermost conviction and follow your dream

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2014, 03:16:29 AM »
ya good point. he should take the route thats made you such a blessing to society- convicted felon. cant hold a real job so you become a personal trainer, and you make steroids in your sink.

wtf is wrong with you.

no one....haven't you heard? he was a successful day trader in jail via smuggled computers, USB drives and phone lines. ESFitness=Wolf of Wall street+Shawshank Redemption.

yep. used excel spreedsheets at the work computers (had to pay a guy $40 to smuggle me in a USB thumbdrive), and had to factor in the cost of the phone calls into transaction costs (calls aren't cheap.. found a way around that by using Magic Jack.. not me using magic jack, but the person I called everyday), and had to work with day old WSJ and IBD's along with news on TV (I had a tv, of course), and did a lot of handwritten paperwork with a little $3 calculator. don't forget, I was trading during the crash, so a lot of my profits were from short positions.... I'd much, much rather trade in a bear market.

I'd traded years before as well though after being introduced to it by an ex gf's roommate.
S

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2014, 03:20:50 AM »

wtf is wrong with you.

hold a real job?

lol... what makes you think that?

you know how many jobs I do? and have done consistently? you think I 'became' a personal trainer? lol.. I've been a "personal trainer" for 14.5years now in addition to owning/running/managing/building other businesses.

... and I don't use my sink. but I wouldn't expect an ignorant, know-it-all like yourself to know that.

wanna be a doctor? ok.. that's 4years of university.. then get accepted to a medical school.. that's 2 years of academics... then you gotta pick an area to specialize, or else you'll just be a GP/MD and will be paying off your loans for 50years... and depending on your specialty, you're looking at 2-6years of residency. better be sure you can/will follow it through, since those loans aren't going anywhere.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2014, 03:21:45 AM »
how do you earn a living noone?

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2014, 03:21:52 AM »
Congrats BigCyp. Much respect for following your heart and having the balls and determination.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2014, 03:22:16 AM »

no one....haven't you heard? he was a successful day trader in jail via smuggled computers, USB drives and phone lines. ESFitness=Wolf of Wall street+Shawshank Redemption.

smuggled computers eh?

you should pay attention. I've explained in as easily comprehendable fashion possible, how it was done.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2014, 03:22:39 AM »
hold a real job?

lol... what makes you think that?

you know how many jobs I do? and have done consistently? you think I 'became' a personal trainer? lol.. I've been a "personal trainer" for 14.5years now in addition to owning/running/managing/building other businesses.

... and I don't use my sink. but I wouldn't expect an ignorant, know-it-all like yourself to know that.

wanna be a doctor? ok.. that's 4years of university.. then get accepted to a medical school.. that's 2 years of academics... then you gotta pick an area to specialize, or else you'll just be a GP/MD and will be paying off your loans for 50years... and depending on your specialty, you're looking at 2-6years of residency. better be sure you can/will follow it through, since those loans aren't going anywhere.

the more you type the more I believe you are trolling
T

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2014, 03:23:34 AM »

follow your dream bro

ive always wanted a gimmick with a medical background
T

Bertha Butt

• Getbig III
  • My happy pussy...
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2014, 03:24:59 AM »
Great for you, BigCyp!
Is there no 'numerus clausus' on medical studies to worry about, or are you already through that?

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2014, 03:25:22 AM »
Good for you BigCyp!  Good luck !

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2014, 03:27:36 AM »
the more you type the more I believe you are trolling

I'm vague about what I do now in addition to personal training (and ugl) for a reason.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2014, 04:02:25 AM »
congrats bro.

inspiring to hear people change life directions instead of staying in the rut.

takes balls, esp once your older have a family and obligations.

respect and GL.

Thanks brother.

On a side note, I took two guys through a version of your routine yesterday for arms (i.e. 10 second breather between sets, no rest etc) and it was the best workout I've had for a LONG time - funny thing was I am on 1800 kcals at the moment (my BMR requires 2600) so it doesn't even make sense how much energy I had lol.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2014, 04:04:01 AM »

I will be working part time to fund my student fees (£8000 a year), the rest is moot since I have enough income from the Mrs part time to pay the mortgage, so will just be travelling fees.

At most I hope to have £20k debt after 8 years to take into account times of hardship etc.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2014, 04:04:37 AM »
Good on you BigCyp, takes courage and determination....good luck

Thanks mate, taken a long time to finally take the plunge but I know in my heart it's want I want to do.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2014, 04:05:09 AM »
listen to your innermost conviction and follow your dream

If I did that I would just follow the cock (no homo)

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2014, 04:06:10 AM »
Congrats BigCyp. Much respect for following your heart and having the balls and determination.

Thanks gorgeous, I want to be an inspiration to my wife and kids and show them that you can start over if you want to, and be more successful!

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2014, 04:07:23 AM »
follow your dream bro

ive always wanted a gimmick with a medical background

It will come in useful when you are using this account to destroy lovers of the cock, with massively intellectual anatomy descriptions

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2014, 04:07:55 AM »
Thanks mate, taken a long time to finally take the plunge but I know in my heart it's want I want to do.

I will come to you for my periodic prostate exams. no homo
S

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2014, 04:10:01 AM »
Great for you, BigCyp!
Is there no 'numerus clausus' on medical studies to worry about, or are you already through that?

I was successful in my exam and interview/application for the foundation year (as I am a mature student I have to take this route) and then this October I will be applying for schools for the 5 year MBBS, so I have to pretty much get distinctions on every single module this year (basically it's A level Maths/Chem/Biology squashed into a diploma).