Author Topic: BigCyp is going to Medical School  (Read 10006 times)

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
Re: BigCyp is going to Medical School
« Reply #75 on: July 10, 2014, 07:26:56 PM »
Some schools want the MCAT, some the UKCAT

I am taking the UKCAT in 4 weeks time  :'( :'( :'(

I am dying to get into Kings College, love the location/history/quality of teaching there they want around 800/900 in the UKCAT for an interview BOOM

good shit bro-----good luck on the journey

respect

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #76 on: July 10, 2014, 07:30:36 PM »
Good luck Cyp......

My sister in law just started her residency in pediatrics a month ago.....my wife's a DMD both her parents are MDS.....

If I cough at home I have to do it quietly or the thermometer comes out....when I see the red one I grab a knife and prepare to defend myself.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: July 10, 2014, 07:32:59 PM »
You may want to consider becoming a PA or nurse practitioner.  With the way healthcare is now their is a huge demand for them and they are six figure jobs.  A surgical PA does everything from harvesting veins graphs for bypass surgery to assisting in hip replacements. In primary care you would see patients and be able to prescribe medications.

Just a thought.

HavoX

• Getbig IV
  • Shamed by thunderdome
« Reply #78 on: July 10, 2014, 08:47:01 PM »
Esf feeling pouty because you can't get a DEA number when you have a DOC number.

No disrespect

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #79 on: July 10, 2014, 08:49:13 PM »
Esf feeling pouty because you can't get a DEA number when you have a DOC number.

No disrespect

pouty? don't flatter yourself.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: July 10, 2014, 08:50:44 PM »
BigCyp is a true mans man.Christian, poet, nurse, recipe maker, fighter for the cause of saving virginity until the wedding night and maker of a leaving Getbig Thread.A true throwback to the cowboy days.

Danny-Boy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #81 on: July 10, 2014, 09:56:32 PM »
Congrats Brother!!   I also entered the field of Medicine..entering my 30s...def worth the exposure to this vast field of knowledge... my only suggestion...as I do have experience w/ having to go through the preliminary "Foundation" post-bach... DO NOT ATTEMPT to work part time!!!  As you will be consistently pressed for Time Management Skills...  esp coming back to school after a long lay off...  The greatest difficulty in this field is not so much the difficulty of subject material (as you will always find yourself fascinated n' enjoy what you're learning) BUT how can you manage all this VOLUME of material in a timely manner?..   Once again...  School "setting adjustment" and "TIME MANAGEMENT" are your two biggest concerns.. If you don't believe you are placing 100% time into medicine.. the road to completion will be next to impossible...   my honest 2 cents brother... Stay focused man.. Pursuing one's passion is always worth it...  Last thing... going for medicine pays good they say.. but cannot be your driving force --if you want to survive.. coz there will be several breaking points...  think of your journey as an "opportunity" rather than an "obligation"...esp when you encounter tedious study material that does not excite u....

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #82 on: July 10, 2014, 10:12:29 PM »
Just thought I would let my nearest and dearest bros know about a big career change I am embarking on.

At 29 years of age, I officially hate my job (well paid, but in finance in a shipping firm)

I literally drag myself to work, as the only incentive is paying my mortage and bills.

I've wanted to study medicine and become a General Practitioner since I was about 10, but decided to take a different course of study at 16 yo

It's now or never, I will be qualified at 35 and a G.P. at 38 (potentially 25-30 years in this career).

So as of this september I will be doing a 'foundation year' and then a 5 year MBBS

What is an MBBS? Is it an MD? Or equivalent to an MD?

I am from America, so anything outside of America does not exist and does not make sense to me.  :D :D
X

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
  • That'll do pig, that'll do
« Reply #83 on: July 10, 2014, 10:17:32 PM »
What is an MBBS? Is it an MD? Or equivalent to an MD?

I am from America, so anything outside of America does not exist and does not make sense to me.  :D :D

:-*

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: July 10, 2014, 10:27:17 PM »
Congrats Brother!!   I also entered the field of Medicine..entering my 30s...def worth the exposure to this vast field of knowledge... my only suggestion...as I do have experience w/ having to go through the preliminary "Foundation" post-bach... DO NOT ATTEMPT to work part time!!!  As you will be consistently pressed for Time Management Skills...  esp coming back to school after a long lay off...  The greatest difficulty in this field is not so much the difficulty of subject material (as you will always find yourself fascinated n' enjoy what you're learning) BUT how can you manage all this VOLUME of material in a timely manner?..   Once again...  School "setting adjustment" and "TIME MANAGEMENT" are your two biggest concerns.. If you don't believe you are placing 100% time into medicine.. the road to completion will be next to impossible...   my honest 2 cents brother... Stay focused man.. Pursuing one's passion is always worth it...  Last thing... going for medicine pays good they say.. but cannot be your driving force --if you want to survive.. coz there will be several breaking points...  think of your journey as an "opportunity" rather than an "obligation"...esp when you encounter tedious study material that does not excite u....

solid post, clearly useful for bigcyp and not typed out of a pathological need to give an "expert opinion" on every topic imaginable -- esfitness, take notes

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: July 10, 2014, 10:55:43 PM »
enjoy a $600k student debt.

Your way of saying "congratulations," right? And "good luck." Wtf is wrong with you?

All the best, Cyp. Stay focused, my man.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
X

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #87 on: July 10, 2014, 10:57:47 PM »
Your way of saying "congratulations," right? And "good luck." Wtf is wrong with you?

All the best, Cyp. Stay focused, my man.

who the fuck posts on getbig and expects a 'congradulations'? especially when he's a disresepctfull ass?

you want approval? tell your family and friends.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: July 10, 2014, 11:02:44 PM »
who the fuck posts on getbig and expects a 'congradulations'? especially when he's a disresepctfull ass?

You're right, he probably should have expected us to be dicks. And you came through.

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #89 on: July 11, 2014, 12:05:57 AM »
BigCyp going to make millions selling GH scripts.
P

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #90 on: July 11, 2014, 12:10:10 AM »
Not to Booty-Priest all over someone's hopes and aspirations, but suddenly wanting to become a GP seems a bit odd: it's like suddenly wanting to become an infantryman and shoot people in the face -- you'd think there would be an expressed propensity for the profession by now if the person were for real.

You've been an excel wizard for a while now but are suddenly going to be in it for the long hall of 5+ years of specialized instruction in an entirely new field without having any foundational science work? You're already evincing a lot of ignorance thinking you'll have time to work part time and not being aware of how much debt you will take on.

You better be for real on this, more than the comedy writing bullshit you came up with sometime ago.

/thepessimisticbutrealisticvoicethatshouldbeinyourhead

Simple Simon

« Reply #91 on: July 11, 2014, 12:19:07 AM »

Will you pipe down about "respect", respect is earned, how on earth can faceless posters on a web forum earn respect?

Why do you think your entitled to respect?
A piss poor one crime only stick up artist who now makes bathtub gear.

Seriously wake up mate.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #92 on: July 11, 2014, 12:25:45 AM »

ya!

fuckimg disresepctful asstholes.
b

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: July 11, 2014, 12:27:28 AM »

ya!

fuckimg disresepctful asstholes.

Missed one.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #94 on: July 11, 2014, 01:01:22 AM »

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: July 11, 2014, 01:29:06 AM »

Thanks Danny Boy for the wisdom on that subject,

I've not felt comfortable with the idea of working part time to be honest, so thanks for the informed advice bro.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: July 11, 2014, 01:30:14 AM »

Lower your tone you little crack dealing tit

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: July 11, 2014, 01:34:30 AM »
Seriously, thanks for all the well wishes guys - very encouraging.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #98 on: July 11, 2014, 01:41:58 AM »
Seriously, thanks for all the well wishes guys - very encouraging.

What is an MBBS degree? Why not just go for an MD?
X

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #99 on: July 11, 2014, 01:44:06 AM »
Would love to get a complimentary prostate exam from big cyp.