Author Topic: Flim-Flammin Zim-Zammin (Zimmerman - Martin)  (Read 1324 times)

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
Flim-Flammin Zim-Zammin (Zimmerman - Martin)
« on: July 10, 2014, 11:08:15 AM »
Okay. Will post a few thoughts on this one. If someone wants to fight it out for a bit, then that's good...

We've got two potential things going on, that would set the stage for what happened:

Someone beating the living shit out of someone else, with a stated attempt to kill him for some perceived slight. In other words: Perhaps Martin was prone to being an explosively violent and dangerous person, but (through age) hadn't had opportunity to develop any significant record to show it.

..or..

Two people acting upon the fear of being shot.

You have to believe one of those things occured, to explain what happened.

Right..or not?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Flim-Flammin Zim-Zammin (Zimmerman - Martin)
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 11:39:23 AM »
you chase ANY person 2 blocks thru the rainy night with a gun and 50 pounds size advantage, he is 100% justified to defend himself out of fear.

Trayvon could have laid down on the ground and put 3 bullets center mass as zimmerman finally caught him - then claimed he feared for his life - and trayvon would have walked free. 

FL law is so shaky on things like this.  Zimm wasn't charged with, say, terrorizing people or anything like that.   I'd like to see some of yall try that... just jump out of your truck with a gun in your waist and chase someone 2 blocks, see what happens lol.

ZImmerman lucky he didn't pull that shit on an armed citizen.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 05:25:46 PM »
Okay. Will post a few thoughts on this one. If someone wants to fight it out for a bit, then that's good...

We've got two potential things going on, that would set the stage for what happened:

Someone beating the living shit out of someone else, with a stated attempt to kill him for some perceived slight. In other words: Perhaps Martin was prone to being an explosively violent and dangerous person, but (through age) hadn't had opportunity to develop any significant record to show it.

..or..

Two people acting upon the fear of being shot.

You have to believe one of those things occured, to explain what happened.

Right..or not?

1.  You only made one post (instead of the normal three in a row), so you threw me a bit.   :)

2.  This was beaten to death for 79 pages.  http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=480262.0

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 08:39:22 PM »
you chase ANY person 2 blocks thru the rainy night with a gun and 50 pounds size advantage, he is 100% justified to defend himself out of fear.

Trayvon could have laid down on the ground and put 3 bullets center mass as zimmerman finally caught him - then claimed he feared for his life - and trayvon would have walked free.  

FL law is so shaky on things like this.  Zimm wasn't charged with, say, terrorizing people or anything like that.   I'd like to see some of yall try that... just jump out of your truck with a gun in your waist and chase someone 2 blocks, see what happens lol.

ZImmerman lucky he didn't pull that shit on an armed citizen.

I'll follow anyone I want around my neighborhood, especially if I think they look out of place after a string of break ins. If they attack me they'll probably regret it.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 09:37:08 PM »
I'll follow anyone I want around my neighborhood, especially if I think they look out of place after a string of break ins. If they attack me they'll probably regret it.

in florida, a person is allowed to shoot and kill someone who hasn't even touched them, if they FEAR that person is about to hit them.  an old lady can shoot a bodybuilder dead because she believes one punch from him will kill her.  She can listerally shoot him first.  The NRA instructor at the last class I sat through was very clear on it - the law is super vague. 

Either trayvon or zimmerman could happily win a legal shoot case here, with no physical evidence either way.  Just their word they were scared. 

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 10:31:51 PM »
So we have A or B.

If anyone can think of any other realistic option to explain what happened, please mention it.

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2014, 10:35:15 PM »
John Wayne shot him from behind the darkness like in  "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance"?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2014, 09:20:32 AM »
Last I checked Zimmerman walked.

So, you know, its over.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2014, 10:33:03 PM »
So we have A or B.

If anyone can think of any other realistic option to explain what happened, please mention it.

We already know about A. It is the story Zimmerman ultimately told. It is the story that removes himself from blame against shooting and killing another person. To believe it or to accept it - or to believe there isn't a compelling reason not to accept it - is to remove blame from Zimmerman for the killing.

So that's that.

B, on the other hand, is the sole other realistic possibility to explain what happened: two people acting upon the fear of being shot.

(Will pick this up soon. If someone has a problem with anything in this thread, then don't be a pussy. If you feel you know better than something I'm saying, then call me out on it. I'm here to learn, just like everyone else.)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2014, 09:37:32 AM »
We already know about A. It is the story Zimmerman ultimately told. It is the story that removes himself from blame against shooting and killing another person. To believe it or to accept it - or to believe there isn't a compelling reason not to accept it - is to remove blame from Zimmerman for the killing.

So that's that.

B, on the other hand, is the sole other realistic possibility to explain what happened: two people acting upon the fear of being shot.

(Will pick this up soon. If someone has a problem with anything in this thread, then don't be a pussy. If you feel you know better than something I'm saying, then call me out on it. I'm here to learn, just like everyone else.)
Its more that no one gives a shit anymore. This was hashed out years ago in a 50+page thread. At this point its over, zimmerman walked, no one cares to go back and rehash it over and over for no reason.

Let it go man. The courts didnt have enough evidence to convict and everything else youre going to try and argue is just speculation and bias. Its over.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2014, 09:41:34 AM »
Is Eric Holder still pursuing this case from a civil standpoint?

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2014, 02:23:41 PM »
Bump. Will return to this thread in the upcoming days.

Var City

• Getbig IV
  • Perennially Man-Diming
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2014, 02:37:23 PM »
Is anyone wants to throw hands?