Author Topic: Are you a gadget whore?  (Read 5094 times)

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: Are you a gadget whore?
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2014, 05:44:49 PM »
Yessssss

And I recently made the bold decision to switch to Windows Phone and Windows tablets!!!!  so more money has been spent!!!!

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2014, 05:49:33 PM »
I remember the days of beepers lol

X

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2014, 06:13:05 PM »
cant they just make very small phones that allow you to...phone someone else, without all the crap they put in them nowadays, i dont need a computer or fucking internet on a phone, sorry. A basic fucking phone to call people.

What kind of phone do you currently have?

Sometimes you don't know what your missing until you have and learn to use more technologically advanced equipment.

How's this?

Novena

• Getbig IV
  • "commonsense" shields us from the pain of thinking
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2014, 08:56:07 PM »
cant they just make very small phones that allow you to...phone someone else, without all the crap they put in them nowadays, i dont need a computer or fucking internet on a phone, sorry. A basic fucking phone to call people.

This was my favorite cell phone. In this color.

weekend prince

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2014, 08:58:49 PM »
Of course not. Getbiggers are sophisticated CEOs who innovate these ideas for catchy, edgy hipster, and bodybuilding schmoes.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2014, 09:35:12 PM »
No.

Own no gadgets apart from those I got through work. My company seems to be Samsung whores as my tablet, phone and computer is Samsung

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2014, 04:57:56 AM »
I own none of those gadgets.

And since I don't experience any moments or have friends anymore, I don't have none of those social problems they commence.

If I had a smartphone I would youtube with it all day anywhere I went tho

I went back to a smartphone last year simply because I got it free. I'm not on any social network, I hate people.

All I use it for is calling, the odd text/viber message (normally forwarding a funny picture) and browsing internet (getbig or bbc sport) and youtube. No games, nothing else.

I also find I'm obsessive about battery level which is bad cos I get obsessive about lots of things (being early for work, getting alcohol early  ;D)

Viber is really starting to piss me off. It unlocks my screen and with the heat in my pocket it sends and forwards messages without my knowing. Last week I ran out of melanotan and was going to get a shot from my mate. I asked him to have it in a preloaded syringe and sent this message:

"If u could load a syringe I will collect it on my way back from work around 11"

... He replied "perfect" while phone was in my pocket. When I finished work I checked phone. I had forwarded that message to my dad. What are the fucking chances?

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2014, 06:33:47 AM »
I went back to a smartphone last year simply because I got it free. I'm not on any social network, I hate people.

All I use it for is calling, the odd text/viber message (normally forwarding a funny picture) and browsing internet (getbig or bbc sport) and youtube. No games, nothing else.

I also find I'm obsessive about battery level which is bad cos I get obsessive about lots of things (being early for work, getting alcohol early  ;D)

Viber is really starting to piss me off. It unlocks my screen and with the heat in my pocket it sends and forwards messages without my knowing. Last week I ran out of melanotan and was going to get a shot from my mate. I asked him to have it in a preloaded syringe and sent this message:

"If u could load a syringe I will collect it on my way back from work around 11"

... He replied "perfect" while phone was in my pocket. When I finished work I checked phone. I had forwarded that message to my dad. What are the fucking chances?

the smartphone is smart, that's why it did it,

be in awe of it's algorithmic significance

I had nokia 6700c chrome and it was really nice! Then I shamshed it against the wall out of rage, now I have nokia 301

By the way I can't help but to chuckle when you said "I'm not on any social network, I hate people" :D

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2014, 06:44:42 AM »
THIS!!!!

A couple of months after signing up, my ex (who my wife actually hated in school lol makes it worse) messaged me saying "Hi hun, been a long time! You have a beautiful wife and kids" and I simply replied "Thanks sexy, she's ok but I wish I married you, you give much better BJ's" and my wife fucking lost it?????

ahahaha.

;D

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2014, 06:52:43 AM »

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2014, 10:25:13 AM »

I also find I'm obsessive about battery level which is bad cos I get obsessive about lots of things (being early for work, getting alcohol early  ;D)

Pocket dialing, ugh! My sister pocket dial me all the time. It is most annoying. I've noticed if I leave my smart phone, phone app open it sometimes pocket dials. I believe to way to avoid this is to make sure your smart phone is on the main screen with no apps open when you put it in your pocket. The Samsung Galaxy Note II that I use, can be set to respond to motion or not. If you turn off the motion response feature, you'll probably have less issues with pocket dialing. I rarely text, so there's been no problem with folks getting unwanted text messages from me.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2014, 10:27:11 AM »

By the way I can't help but to chuckle when you said "I'm not on any social network, I hate people" :D

That was a bit of a chuckle since Getbig is sort of a social network.....but the hate here is often evident, so people haters probably feel very much at home.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2014, 10:29:38 AM »

Ha! Are you me?    ;D

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2014, 02:04:42 PM »
Pocket dialing, ugh! My sister pocket dial me all the time. It is most annoying. I've noticed if I leave my smart phone, phone app open it sometimes pocket dials. I believe to way to avoid this is to make sure your smart phone is on the main screen with no apps open when you put it in your pocket. The Samsung Galaxy Note II that I use, can be set to respond to motion or not. If you turn off the motion response feature, you'll probably have less issues with pocket dialing. I rarely text, so there's been no problem with folks getting unwanted text messages from me.

I have a Galaxy S4, when I get a viber message the box opens up. Any heat and it will open viber even when I had all apps closed. My friend asked me for a legal opinion on a serious matter last night, my phone decided it would reply and sent a sticker saying "YES!" He wasn't too happy.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2014, 02:48:41 PM »
I have a Galaxy S4, when I get a viber message the box opens up. Any heat and it will open viber even when I had all apps closed. My friend asked me for a legal opinion on a serious matter last night, my phone decided it would reply and sent a sticker saying "YES!" He wasn't too happy.

Hmm. I haven't had this problem with my smart phone at all. It would piss me off if it started sending random text messages. I opted no to pay extra for unlimited text because I don't text. Each text I send or receive and read cost me a few pennies.

I only have my phone in my pocket when I am out and about. When I sit down at a restaurant for example, I take it out and set it on the table. The phone is large enough that it isn't comfortable having it in my pant's pocket, except when absolutely necessary. Since I am not about to get a fanny pack just for the phone, I'm stuck occasionally carrying it in my pocket.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2014, 02:55:02 PM »
Hmm. I haven't had this problem with my smart phone at all. It would piss me off if it started sending random text messages. I opted no to pay extra for unlimited text because I don't text. Each text I send or receive and read cost me a few pennies.

I only have my phone in my pocket when I am out and about. When I sit down at a restaurant for example, I take it out and set it on the table. The phone is large enough that it isn't comfortable having it in my pant's pocket, except when absolutely necessary. Since I am not about to get a fanny pack just for the phone, I'm stuck occasionally carrying it in my pocket.

I have one policeman's number (brother-in-law) and 3 judges phone numbers in my phone book. Waiting for my phone to type a confession to a murder in my pocket.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2014, 06:12:32 PM »
I have one policeman's number (brother-in-law) and 3 judges phone numbers in my phone book. Waiting for my phone to type a confession to a murder in my pocket.

Did you commit murder?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2014, 06:16:58 PM »
I remember the days of beepers lol

Now, did you ever have "beeper races"?

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2014, 07:40:12 PM »
Just have an iPhone...had all generations since 2007 the 1st one.

It does everything you could ever need, web, mail, text, calls...etc.

Problem with all these gadgets is they turn people into fucking zombies. Have you ever been in a restaurant/bar...whatever gathering and theres atleast a few moments when everyone is simultaneously checking out their phones?

WTF !!

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2014, 08:15:46 PM »

Problem with all these gadgets is they turn people into fucking zombies. Have you ever been in a restaurant/bar...whatever gathering and theres atleast a few moments when everyone is simultaneously checking out their phones?

WTF !!

Worst thing is when I see parents with their kids and all they are doing is staring at their phones!

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2014, 10:20:17 PM »
 ;D

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2014, 11:00:43 PM »

WTF !!

Of course I've noticed folks on their phones everywhere. The only time it really annoys me is when they are driving and obviously completely distracted. It is illegal in Oregon, but that doesn't stop some folks from talking on their phones while driving.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2014, 01:09:06 AM »
Of course I've noticed folks on their phones everywhere. The only time it really annoys me is when they are driving and obviously completely distracted. It is illegal in Oregon, but that doesn't stop some folks from talking on their phones while driving.

For me it's getting to the point where I think texting and driving is worse than drinking and driving.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2014, 06:26:08 AM »
getbiggers realizing how awesome iphones are in this thread for the first time
A

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2014, 06:28:29 AM »
getbiggers realizing how awesome iphones are in this thread for the first time

iphones are for queers. Real men use android.