Author Topic: Brand new cutting diet, what you think??  (Read 2251 times)

youngytheking

• Getbig II
Brand new cutting diet, what you think??
« on: January 27, 2006, 03:30:21 AM »
Hey guys trying a new cutting diet, hows this look to you??  I am 6ft 2 and 200llbs

5.30am-400g caffeine, 10g whey, 1 multi vitamin

6am-Cardio

7am - 6egg whites/ 1/2 cup of oatmeal

11am-Chicken breast,veggies,1/2 cup brown rice

2pm-Chicken breast,veggies,1/2 cup brown rice

4pm-400mg caffeine, 20g whey, 5g creatine, 10g glutamine

4.30pm-Workout

5.45pm-40g whey, 10g glutamine, 8oz powerade (Like Gatorade in the UK)

6.30pm-Chicken or fish, sweet potato, spainach

9.30pm-20g whey b4 bed

Any comments would be appreciated!!

Bear03

• Getbig IV
  • back in the swing of things
Re: Brand new cutting diet, what you think??
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 07:04:50 AM »
hard to say much of anything bad about that diet and training program, presuming you can keep it up.

It *might* be on the low calorie side, depending on your daily activities other than working out and your metabolism....but probably not.  You may also want to add in just a little bit more fat, say, from fish oil/flax oil pills and/or cooking with Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
:-)

youngytheking

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2006, 11:01:52 AM »
Hey, thankyou for the advice was thinking needed some more fat in there, appreciate it man!!

mcgp

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2006, 05:14:48 PM »
I think its a pretty good start, however I think your underfeeding yourself a little bit.  I would up the carbs maybe to one full cub of oatmeal after tyour morning cardio, then instead of waiting a full 4 hours until your next meal, maybe eat 2.5 hours after, which would be around 930 when your body is still in a thermogenic state.  Also for your postworkout meal in the evening, maybe down 16 oz of powerade (you need more simple carbs at that time). Everything else seems good, but you dont want to waiste away your muscles too much, and remember, you want most of your carbs to be taken in shortly after you exerice, in order to keep most of your muscle and burn the most fat....

-mike

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2006, 08:17:47 PM »
I'd say this is OK, but not great, but it could be, just needs some alterations.
Here is what I would change:

1. As of now from a quick glance I'd estimate your getting around 230-250g of protein a day. I'd try bumping this up to around 300-350g. This can be done easily by adding 6 more egg whites to your egg meal, and by adding in another meal, which brings up point 2.

2. You need to add in another meal between meals 7:00a.m. and 11:00a.m. four hrs between meals is pushing it here.

3. I like the low intake of carbs in this diet, but in doing that you need to up your fat intake. If you don't do this you might up carbs slightly.

4. I would also try cycling your carbs. This is a really good way to mix things up in your body. Throw in a couple of almost no carb days in there per week, but up the fat intake those days even more. You should be coming out with the same amount of calories, but more of them will be coming from fat on these days rather then carbs. Along with this add in 1 high carb day, in which you dramatically drop fat intake. On this day you should bump your total caloric intake up to around where it would be at maintenance level. So that gives you 2 low days, 1 high day, and 4 days at your regular diet.

5. The 5:30a.m. meal is OK, but I prefer going in to morning cardio completely empty. I realize you are hardly eating anything here, but I'm just giving my opinion. If I were you I'd get up do your cardio and save the multi for your first meal so you don't take it on an empty stomach.

youngytheking

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2006, 03:48:34 AM »
mike and arnold jr thats some awesome advice, will def cut the 4 hrs down as thats to long and look to cycle the carbs as well.  will try to get more simple carbs in post workout as well, as you are right am not getting enough.  wicked advice thanks for your time fellas!!