Author Topic: Obama enrages food world by refusing to wait and cutting line at Pork BBQ in TX  (Read 3414 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
http://www.mediaite.com/online/obama-cuts-5-hour-line-for-barbecue-in-texas-infuriates-world

After his speech in Austin, TX yesterday, President Barack Obama decided to hop on over to Franklin BBQ, a barbecue pit widely regarded by many as the best in Texas (and perhaps America). But the thing with Franklin BBQ is that their wait is long — as in, sometimes it takes five hours to get into the restaurant — and Obama got to skip it, because he’s the president and he can do that. (“I feel real bad, but – I’m gonna cut,” he told patrons.) According to owner Aaron Franklin, Obama was probably the first person to ever cut the line.

But the line is sacred: no one ever ever cuts, ever, and Eater Austin points out that even food demigod Anthony Bourdain waited three hours to get in when he taped his show there.

Soooo, yeah, people are foodie-outraged:

Typical ghetto skell druggie mentality.  Also he is being a bad muslim eating pork

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Yeah that's kind of a bitch move.   lol

He should have sent one of his SS agents to wait there the night before. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Yeah that's kind of a bitch move.   lol

He should have sent one of his SS agents to wait there the night before. 

At least he didn't send michelle - she would have just raided the entire place and there would be nothing left over for the other patrons.   :D

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
Super ironic how he wanted to 'avoid photo ops' by going to the border...yet he seems to love staging these blatant photo ops everywhere else.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
http://www.mediaite.com/online/obama-cuts-5-hour-line-for-barbecue-in-texas-infuriates-world

After his speech in Austin, TX yesterday, President Barack Obama decided to hop on over to Franklin BBQ, a barbecue pit widely regarded by many as the best in Texas (and perhaps America). But the thing with Franklin BBQ is that their wait is long — as in, sometimes it takes five hours to get into the restaurant — and Obama got to skip it, because he’s the president and he can do that. (“I feel real bad, but – I’m gonna cut,” he told patrons.) According to owner Aaron Franklin, Obama was probably the first person to ever cut the line.

But the line is sacred: no one ever ever cuts, ever, and Eater Austin points out that even food demigod Anthony Bourdain waited three hours to get in when he taped his show there.

Typical ghetto skell druggie mentality.  Also he is being a bad muslim eating pork

More than likely the owners let him through the line but if he acted on his own then its a dick move
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

More than likely the owners let him through the line but if he acted on his own then its a dick move

Maybe fatchelle was texting him threats of how hungry she was unless he came home soon and he figured better to cut the line and feed fat fuck michelle and deal w the fallout than wait in line and deal with her wrath?   :D

OzmO

• Getbig V

If so the owners shouldn't done that.  And OB would have been smart (politically)  to wait in line. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
If so the owners shouldn't done that.  And OB would have been smart (politically)  to wait in line. 

This aint Popeyes or Kennedy's  :D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
he's the leader of the free world, and there are millions of people who want to attack him.

and he's a human being, so yeah, he has to eat.   

seriously, i'm okay if the gov or president wants to cut into line to grab food.  They cut in traffic, and you dont see getbiggers  bitching about the traffic jam, right?  oh...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
he's the leader of the free world, and there are millions of people who want to attack him.

seriously, i'm okay if the gov or president wants to cut into line to grab food.  They cut in traffic, and you dont see getbiggers  bitching about the traffic jam, right?  oh...

I hope fagbama scarfsdown endless burgers and hotdogs

OzmO

• Getbig V

Do you understand what Franklin's BBQ is?

It's like OB cutting in line at Mecca

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Do you understand what Franklin's BBQ is?

It's like OB cutting in line at Mecca

nope, i'm guessing it's some exclusive world class food?

even so, he's the leader of the free world and many people would love a sitting target if he is in line.  And the press they're getting is priceless for that one line-cut.  I've never heard of the place, but if I'm ever traveling, I'll totally check it out now.

OzmO

• Getbig V
nope, i'm guessing it's some exclusive world class food?

even so, he's the leader of the free world and many people would love a sitting target if he is in line.  And the press they're getting is priceless for that one line-cut.  I've never heard of the place, but if I'm ever traveling, I'll totally check it out now.

It's like the holy grial of BBQ.   People line up for hours to have it every day for it. 

Him cutting in line was a political mistake. 

You have probably seen the amex commercial with Franklin's BBQ on it. 

Yelp it.  It's in Austin.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
I think it was a douche move, but do you really think that it would be better if he stood in line for three hours, with Secret Service swarming the place, a bunch of law-enforcement maintaining a perimeter and everything else that a visit by the President entails? Personally, I think that would probably inconvenience people way more.

OzmO

• Getbig V
Really? Do u think it'll hurt his reelection chances?

Lol.

I think people associate him with the democratic party and anything his does good or bad affects votes for them.  I figured that would be obvious to everyone. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
I think it was a douche move, but do you really think that it would be better if he stood in line for three hours, with Secret Service swarming the place, a bunch of law-enforcement maintaining a perimeter and everything else that a visit by the President entails? Personally, I think that would probably inconvenience people way more.

He should have sent a SS agent to wait in line or made it a publicity stunt with local democratic leaders suggesting he's like anyone else.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

Fuck him. He can stand in line like everyone else. It's not like he's a real "president".

avxo

• Getbig V
He should have sent a SS agent to wait in line

Secret Service Agents don't capture the attention of the 24-hours news cycle.

or made it a publicity stunt with local democratic leaders suggesting he's like anyone else.

He did make it a publicity stunt.

He went in, cut the line with gusto, then like a boss he bought food for everyone he cut in front of (according to this article at least) ate some good BBQ, shook hands, kissed babies, took pictures, signed autographs got in his limo and drove off. Like a boss.

Damn it feels good to be a gangsta, no?

By the way, the whole "paying" bit got me thinking. Which credit card did he use? His personal card, or his GSA card? Nobody's asking that question, which I think is much more relevant.

Fuck him.

No, not my thing.

He can stand in line like everyone else.

You be sure to tell him that when he comes to your joint and cuts the line Bubbles.

It's not like he's a real "president".

I know that you think that, but we generally don't pay attention to what crazy people or those with the IQ of individually-packaged vaccum-sealed beef rectum think.

Reality is what it is - not what you'd like it to be. Obama was elected and sworn in to the Office of the President and he is the President of the United States. You may not like that (and you aren't the only one - hell, I don't like that) but what you like and don't like have no bearing on reality.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
The midgets on this thread are getting a beating worse than Brazil did at the hands of Germany.

Bunch of whiny asses.

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior

PMSL - you reek of desperation

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
PMSL - you reek of desperation

When you are a closet case midget living in the ghetto with BBC fantasies that you can't contain everyday.... you have to seize what you can to boost your self esteem.  Even if it is complete bullshit.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Secret Service Agents don't capture the attention of the 24-hours news cycle.

He did make it a publicity stunt.

He went in, cut the line with gusto, then like a boss he bought food for everyone he cut in front of (according to the article at least - not sure how accurate that is) ate some good BBQ, shook hands, kissed babies, took pictures, signed autographs got in his limo and drove off.

Damn it feels good to be a gangsta, no?

No, not my thing.

You be sure to tell him that when he comes to your joint and cuts the line Bubbles.

I know that you think that, but we generally don't pay attention to what crazy people or those with the IQ of individually-packaged vaccum-sealed beef rectum think.

Reality is what it is - not what you'd like it to be. Obama was elected and sworn in to the Office of the President and he is the President of the United States. You may not like that (and you aren't the only one - hell, I don't like that) but what you like and don't like have no bearing on reality.

I would give my left nut to tell him to not cut in front of paying customers who have already been waiting. He deserves ZERO respect and is no better than anyone else.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
He would spit on your shriveled left nut on his way to the front of the line.

On the plus side, he would make sure they reserved a booster seat for your midget ass.

avxo

• Getbig V
I would give my left nut to tell him to not cut in front of paying customers who have already been waiting.

I'm not sure there's a market for right-wing nuts' left nuts. But hey... people bought Nasser's "manties" so who knows?

He deserves ZERO respect and is no better than anyone else.

Agreed. But did you have an actual point or are you just feeling moody because of menstrual cramps and taking it out on your keyboard?

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
When you are a closet case midget living in the ghetto with BBC fantasies that you can't contain everyday.... you have to seize what you can to boost your self esteem.  Even if it is complete bullshit.

Are you saying that a playgrround Soul Crusher only pulls the hair of the little buys & girls he really wants to fuck but he knows they won't have him?