Author Topic: UG Lab Owners Charged Over DNP Death  (Read 7066 times)

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
Re: UG Lab Owners Charged Over DNP Death
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2014, 08:53:29 AM »
It literally only kills idiots.

The side effects can be brutal, but the health consequences of DNP use are fairly negligible (assuming you don't die from it). It may cause cataract formation, but this is likely due to excessive free radical production causing deterioration of the mechanism that allows the fibres that form the lens tissue of the eye to remain in a persistent state of dehydration (dehydration allows the lens to remain transparent, which as far as I'm aware is the only tissue in the body that *only* functions when it is dehydrated).

In animal studies antioxidant therapy prevented cataract formation from DNP usage (high dose vitamin C).

Apart from death, cataract formation is the only significant long term side effect of DNP usage. Compare it to something like clenbuterol which actively accelerates collagen deposition in the cardiac musculature (essentially accelerating the process that leads to heart failure) *AND* is actively arrhythmiogenic through stimulation of the beta adnergic pathway and through collagen deposition in the heart wall leading to interference with the electrical conduction of the heart.

I personally don't believe in fat burning compounds at all. But clenbuterol use is widespread and yet people seem more keen to condemn DNP usage, imo, the reverse should apply (but not everyone is capable of using it safely). I even heard of a medical student who managed to kill herself by combining it with other drugs (or possibly just a primary DNP overdose), so not just lay people are stupid it seems.

Wow very very good points here. Thanks for the post

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2014, 08:55:10 AM »
And still stepped onstage overweight?????

"Hello 9-1-1? We have shots fired."

nasum

• Getbig III
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2014, 09:32:43 AM »
Wow very very good points here. Thanks for the post

Thank you dude.

I try my best to research the compounds I use as fully as possible.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2014, 09:39:10 AM »
Pesticide Of Permanent Peace

Simple Simon

« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2014, 09:39:30 AM »

nasht5

• Getbig IV
  • 903 squat 457bench 735 dead - "RAW" (belt & wraps)
« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2014, 12:24:15 PM »
For anyone who doesn't know the history of DNP, they noticed that factory workers producing it were becoming ripped, probably from the fumes or ingesting tiny amounts, so they marketed it for weight loss. Then, as you could guess, some fat French pig, among others, followed the "if this much makes me lose 1lb of fat a day, I'll take three times that...."

Any substance with a relatively low ld50 when combined with idiots will end in deaths.

WWII exposive plants noticed that over a period of months their workers would drop weight. examples of 185lbs men (considered big back in the 40's) would weigh 140lbs after 6months. The workers didn't take any DNP supplement they just breathed in the residue floating around in the air.
sept 10th APF

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2014, 12:38:15 PM »
I've never used it and would not recommend anyone take it for any reason.

I know a few guys who use it once a year to get ripped for shows without issues, but they will tell you that it's like having an intense flu and you feel like a zombie.  No chance i would ever even try it.

8)

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2014, 11:46:58 PM »
Pesticide Of Permanent Peace

zing!

:D
b

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2014, 04:44:53 AM »
I've never used it and would not recommend anyone take it for any reason.

I know a few guys who use it once a year to get ripped for shows without issues, but they will tell you that it's like having an intense flu and you feel like a zombie.  No chance i would ever even try it.

8)

All seems worth it for the plastic trophy and membership card  ::)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2014, 04:58:27 AM »
The only BB drug I for the life of me can't understand why guys use. Hell I even "get" the guys who synthol and touch up their weak parts the night before a show. But this....fuck DNP

Why? I don't understand why a serious competitor would not use it. Many come in just slightly too heavy. Imagine if a guy who regularly comes in 4-5lbs too fat would have used DNP at a low dose for maybe 3-4 weeks at the start or middle of his regular prep, doing everything else the same... could mean 1st place instead of 3rd or 4th or 5th.

I think the cataract formation is the main worry, nasum's post was great. As I understand it, this was the reason it was pulled as a weight loss drug in the US. People seem to feel like DNP is somehow cheating. Are you kidding me, no one cares what you did for your prep, only what you look like.

Personally I have not used it, but if I competed I most likely would.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2014, 05:13:26 AM »
Do Not Partake.

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2014, 06:05:46 AM »
To be a freak you have to do freaky things. If the other guy is taking something, you better be taking more.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #62 on: August 08, 2014, 10:47:48 AM »
Was curious what the ld50* of dbol was and orally in rats it is 1000mg/kg (1g/kg) so the ld50 for a 100kg getbigger would be 100g - or 10,000 x 10mg tabs.

While on site thought I would search ld50 of DNP and it is 30mg/kg so 3000mg (3g) for the same 100kg bodybuilder. Now I know that is ld50, a dose that would kill 50% of users, but that is 15 x 200mg caps/day. Almost no one taking it would go over 600mg/day. Over 1g would be absolutely unbearable sides for a human - a rat doesn't have a choice - so I can only imagine a tiny minority would die taking even 10-15mg/kg.  (given higher doses would burn minimally extra amounts of fat, a minor reward, we aren't talking chemotherapy here, noone would be motivated to bear sides)

To get near those doses you would have to start on a high dose and presumably take it for a few days min to build up concentration in body, ignoring side effects and personal tolerance. In other words, it takes user stupidity, ignorance on usage, reckless ingestion, probably external factors like heat/not drinking water/other substances contributing, in addition to some crazed desire to lose weight at all costs (unless costs are fewer calories and/or exercise).

In other words, you have to be stupid and unlucky to die from DNP.

stavios

• Getbig III
« Reply #63 on: August 08, 2014, 11:16:30 AM »
I've used it 3 different times.

there's no doubt it works but the sides make it goddamn intolerable.

exactly, I had to change clothes every 4 hours lol

the trainer

« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2014, 11:18:03 AM »
Same like that stupid fuck who overdosed on jack 3d causing it to be banned, people need to learn to be responsible for their own actions and stop blaming others.