Author Topic: Shotgun!!!!  (Read 6441 times)

Core

• Getbig III
Re: Shotgun!!!!
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2014, 10:34:48 AM »
Beretta 391 is a brilliant gun as well. I won 3 of them at various national Sporting Clays competitions in the US as a kid. I love semi-autos.

They are a solid gun indeed I have a 20g model for skeet!

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2014, 11:52:06 AM »
If a revolution occurs, I want all badasses on my side. The people depicted in these pictures are lethal weapons. Hands as deadly as grenades, with the precision shot of a top tier marksman.

What I love about the first pic is he's put about $300 worth of crap on a $150 SKS.  ;D
The SKS is a great rifle....but....

T-REX007

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2014, 11:52:27 AM »
Browning Citori, 12 gauge, great trap gun

Fuzzy Nuts

« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2014, 03:20:49 PM »
If you're looking for home defense I would look at the Mossberg 500, Rem 870 or the Mossberg 590 a1 if you want to spend a little more. Get something with an 18"-20" barrel for maneuverability.

The Mossberg 590 A1 is/was used by the military. It's the only shotgun that passed the 3,000 round torture test. The model I own has the speed feed stock that holds 4 more shells. With a side saddle I'm able to put 19 rds on the gun. Also has a bayonet mount for when things get a little crazy.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2014, 03:23:02 PM »
Closest I came to shooting a gun was using air rifles on a recent holiday. Wouldn't mind shooting in a sporting context but no need for guns here, police don't even carry guns.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2014, 04:19:25 PM »
Closest I came to shooting a gun was using air rifles on a recent holiday. Wouldn't mind shooting in a sporting context but no need for guns here, police don't even carry guns.

Sporting clays is like golf with a shotgun.

I always say it's the most fun thing you can do while standing upright  :D

5-stand is a close second, then skeet, then trap. Absolute blast bro.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2014, 05:02:45 PM »

Core

• Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2014, 05:58:00 PM »

I tried sporting clays I could never get the hang of it! I shot a lot of trap and skeet though. Trap is easy compared to skeet or SC. I was nailing 90% of the targets as a 13 year old first timer when I shot trap

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2014, 05:58:32 PM »

One of my buddies describes sporting clays as "most fun you can have with your clothes on"

I fully agree. We go to a place called Deer Creek in southwest Michigan. Maybe few miles from Indiana border.

They have 3 courses which frustrate the living shit out of you, golf carts and ATVs which are included in a round of sporting clays, and of course we grab a few cigars for the afternoon. They'll also serve you lunch.

LOVE IT

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2014, 06:03:07 PM »
One of my buddies describes sporting clays as "most fun you can have with your clothes on"

I fully agree. We go to a place called Deer Creek in southwest Michigan. Maybe few miles from Indiana border.

They have 3 courses which frustrate the living shit out of you, golf carts and ATVs which are included in a round of sporting clays, and of course we grab a few cigars for the afternoon. They'll also serve you lunch.

LOVE IT

Lol Awesome :)

I'll have to look this up. I'm fortunate to have competed in about 15 different states. Shot at some gorgeous courses. What an awesome sport. Never thought I would be discussing this on GetBig of all places but just shows you never know who you will meet on this crazy site

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2014, 06:05:12 PM »
I tried sporting clays I could never get the hang of it! I shot a lot of trap and skeet though. Trap is easy compared to skeet or SC. I was nailing 90% of the targets as a 13 year old first timer when I shot trap

Yes very true. I started with trap as well and through the natural progression eventually ended up competing at sporting. The one clays game that can never be mastered. It's a pain in the ass is what it is  ;D

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2014, 06:15:39 PM »
I hope no traps get shot.  :(

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2014, 06:16:49 PM »
I hope no traps get shot.  :(

My mind is telling me no but my body is telling me yes.  :-X

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2014, 06:31:52 PM »
I can shoot a handgun between good and excellent depending if I have been practicing. Slugs in a shot gun with rifle sights I'm proficient with. A shotgun shooting at clays I really stink at. The problem is when I miss never know what I did wrong cause I don't know where the shot went. I would love to have a side by side like this but I would have to hit the lottery.

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2014, 07:31:28 PM »
Lol Awesome :)

I'll have to look this up. I'm fortunate to have competed in about 15 different states. Shot at some gorgeous courses. What an awesome sport. Never thought I would be discussing this on GetBig of all places but just shows you never know who you will meet on this crazy site

What places would you recommend for sporting clays you've shot at? Always looking for new ones & I love road trips.

Haven't had a chance to shoot too much this year for a few reasons but I'll be back at it in a few months.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2014, 07:39:03 PM »
What places would you recommend for sporting clays you've shot at? Always looking for new ones & I love road trips.

Haven't had a chance to shoot too much this year for a few reasons but I'll be back at it in a few months.

Been a few years since I've been on the competitive circuit  but T&M Ranch outside of Orlando was gorgeous. Grouse Ridge shooting park in Wasilla, Alaska is phenomenal. Kachina (sp?) Open in Phoenix, and the course where they hold nationals every year in Texas was phenomenal as well, can't remember the name. Those are the ones that really stand out to me as my favorites.

I've been busy as well finishing up grad school but as soon as my practice is established next year, my goal is to get back into it. Will always be my favorite hobby next to training.