Author Topic: Who is the better mr o jay vs Phil  (Read 2949 times)

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
Who is the better mr o jay vs Phil
« on: July 12, 2014, 04:59:32 AM »
Once ronnie left for me it was the end of the mr o. Because it obviously was a step backward.
So who do you prefer jay or Phil , who is the better Mr O
choice is an illusion

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: Who is the better mr o jay vs Phil
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 05:01:01 AM »
Phil...Jay was a filler Mr. O, until they could find someone else. Actually, I think Phil should have won in 2010.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 05:08:53 AM »
Phil.

Jay looked  like shit by the time he won.

09 was ok but he was a far cry from his 01 form.

Phil is narrow and arms are overpowering but hes a good mr o..
Everyone Mr O has their flaws, were just used to them being tanks with balance issues ala ronnie and dorian.

Phil is smaller and supposedly more  aesthetic. .. so he comes off as puny since hes not absolutely dwarfing his competition like the big legends. ... but phil is good. Good conditioning good balance good size shredded back...

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 05:14:36 AM »
Phil has been more consistent as Mr. O.  The question would be if Phil could beat a 2009 Cutler had he shown up the year Jay lost the title to him.  I would suggest that a 2009 Jay would still defeat Phil.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 05:16:09 AM »
Jay was very very very good while he was chasing Ronnie. But once Jay won the Olympia, he had lost motivation and started looking bad.

After he lost the Olympia to Dexter in 2008, Jay regained his motivation and had one of his best years in 2009.

This pic is from '06

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2014, 05:17:56 AM »
Haters gonna hate, but physique wise Phil is the best and probably most dominant Mr O ever. I'm sure Phil will crush Ronnies and Haneys record.

Jay was a nice guy, hard worker and smart business man - but as a Mr O just a interim solution.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2014, 05:25:14 AM »
Phil has been more consistent as Mr. O.  The question would be if Phil could beat a 2009 Cutler had he shown up the year Jay lost the title to him.  I would suggest that a 2009 Jay would still defeat Phil.
A 2009 Jay would have to contend with Phil now, and Kai now. Phil beats a 2009 Jay from the back. 2009 Jay was great. To me, that is best he has looked from the front. From the back, he looked better during "The Ronnie Years".

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2014, 05:34:56 AM »
A 2009 Jay would have to contend with Phil now, and Kai now. Phil beats a 2009 Jay from the back. 2009 Jay was great. To me, that is best he has looked from the front. From the back, he looked better during "The Ronnie Years".

No, Jay workedl like a maniac on his back during the Ronnie years, and brought it up fairly late in his career.

He looked best from the front and side in 2001, his back was probably best in 2009.

Still he was not able to bring his back detail on a par with the more GIFTed negroes, due to genetic limitations.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2014, 06:26:42 AM »
No, Jay workedl like a maniac on his back during the Ronnie years, and brought it up fairly late in his career.

He looked best from the front and side in 2001, his back was probably best in 2009.

Still he was not able to bring his back detail on a par with the more GIFTed negroes, due to genetic limitations.
His genetic limitations limited his ability to do a pull up or work in back detail? (note sarcasm) I think there is a pic from the early 2000s where he had good back detail in the BDB pose---I mean good for Jay, it would have been poor for Ronnie.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2014, 07:30:57 AM »
Who has more weaknesses.
Who is more balanced
Also offstage who has been a better representative
choice is an illusion

Europe

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2014, 07:46:59 AM »
Bodybuilding is at a devolution stage right now..
Current Mr.Olympia Office:

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2014, 08:02:50 AM »
Bodybuilding is at a devolution stage right now..
Current Mr.Olympia Office:

;D
choice is an illusion

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2014, 08:49:24 AM »
Phil. Jay was a great Mr. Olympia at his prime but Phil just looks like a Bodybuilder should. I think Phil will still improve over the years and will break the Mr.O record. Jays personality was way better for the Sport but hes look was not doing justice. With Phil its the other way.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2014, 08:55:13 AM »
Phil has better physique but comes across as a total asshole.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2014, 11:52:29 AM »
Phil. Jay was a great Mr. Olympia at his prime but Phil just looks like a Bodybuilder should. I think Phil will still improve over the years and will break the Mr.O record. Jays personality was way better for the Sport but hes look was not doing justice. With Phil its the other way.

Phil doesn't deserve to break any record... For me Phil Heath killed my interest in bodybuilding all together especially in the mr o
Even if he "wins" 15 he will always be the WORST mr o in my books joint with Dickerson
choice is an illusion

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2014, 11:57:40 AM »
Phil doesn't deserve to break any record... For me Phil Heath killed my interest in bodybuilding all together especially in the mr o
Even if he "wins" 15 he will always be the mr o in my books joint with Dickerson

Worse.

I think Jay was a better Mr O. Phil is an asshat

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2014, 02:45:59 PM »

fuck , you're kidding me right ::)

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2014, 02:50:31 PM »
Worse.

I think Jay was a better Mr O. Phil is an asshat
You are going by personality...jay was kinda boring.. So, we've kinda have gone from one extreme to another.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2014, 03:08:29 PM »
fuck , you're kidding me right ::)

I was thinking the same thing ... I know people love arms and the look amazing but that's really all there is to Phil people are so Infatuated with them they look past the glaring flaws lack of chest and width....
choice is an illusion

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2014, 03:17:31 PM »
I was thinking the same thing ... I know people love arms and the look amazing but that's really all there is to Phil people are so Infatuated with them they look past the glaring flaws lack of chest and width....

Ah here now. He has a complete physique, just narrow clavicles and a narrow chest. Arms great, legs fine, esp good calves for a Hebrew, great back, solid midsection. Horrible personality but that's not on the scoresheet. He always comes in ripped and full. He is so hateable but get real, Kai would be good if he didn't swallow a barrel, Wolf has no calves, inconsistent conditioning and a weak lower back.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2014, 03:25:39 PM »
Haters gonna hate, but physique wise Phil is the best and probably most dominant Mr O ever. I'm sure Phil will crush Ronnies and Haneys record.

Jay was a nice guy, hard worker and smart business man - but as a Mr O just a interim solution.

you're trolling is getting old that Phil was the most dominant Mr. O ever, especially when you compare him to Ronnie.

Phil is getting destroyed. Phils muscles look soft. Ronnies muscle has density to them.

Ronnie making Phil look small

X

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2014, 03:28:28 PM »
you're trolling is getting old that Phil was the most dominant Mr. O ever, especially when you compare him to Ronnie.

Phil is getting destroyed. Phils muscles look soft. Ronnies muscle has density to them.

Ronnie making Phil look small

Read thread title. Ronnie is a God in this context, Jay didn't deserve 07 and maybe 10 and 06. He was not in same league as prime Ronnie. Heath is better than Jay.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2014, 03:32:52 PM »
Read thread title. Ronnie is a God in this context, Jay didn't deserve 07 and maybe 10 and 06. He was not in same league as prime Ronnie. Heath is better than Jay.

I was responding to Affemans assertion that Phil is the most dominant Mr. O ever.
X

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2014, 03:39:53 PM »
I was responding to Affemans assertion that Phil is the most dominant Mr. O ever.

Ah OK. No, he is not. Even if he faces cannon fodder and reaches 9 O's he is not. Look at who Ronnie beat (and how they looked then)... Cormier, Wheeler, Nasser, Levrone, Cutler (2001 anyway), Ray etc etc. Ben Pakulski came 2nd in the Arnold 2 years ago, that says it all.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2014, 03:52:24 PM »
Ah OK. No, he is not. Even if he faces cannon fodder and reaches 9 O's he is not. Look at who Ronnie beat (and how they looked then)... Cormier, Wheeler, Nasser, Levrone, Cutler (2001 anyway), Ray etc etc. Ben Pakulski came 2nd in the Arnold 2 years ago, that says it all.

Even better. Just look at the above 2 pictures lol. No comparison :)
X