Author Topic: Growing Marijuana  (Read 9829 times)

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
Re: Growing Marijuana
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2014, 12:48:43 PM »
Just the other day my nephew was making pot brownies and cookies.

I asked him why he would resort to (the hassle) making brownies and cookies, instead of just using a vaporizer with his herbs, the way he has been doing for the last year.

He tells me the "high" he gets from edibles is like nothing vaporizing or downright smoking marijuana can ever give him. He called it an "extended release" high that has various peaks and troughs.

Is there truth to this or is he just fucking with me??

"1"

P.S. Every day, more and more, I feel as if this kid is going to move out west to open a marijuana dispensary of some sort.
he needs to start dabbing the honey/ wax/ shatter

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2014, 01:16:48 PM »
man, I am so tempted to tell you why you don't know shit about growing, but there r too many factors to consider to give a detailed right answer  ;D

Ofcourse it can be done, but imo it's not realistic at all for a beginner or regular joe who wants to grow some stuff for personal use.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2014, 01:24:17 PM »
Soon Reefer Madness will be kicking in.
It was nice knowing you...

S.I.P.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2014, 01:29:08 PM »
40 plants would yield 11lbs

fucking shit drugs

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2014, 02:15:11 PM »
This thread is in dire need of some perspective.

Just to give you an idea of what 40- 50 plants looks like at only two weeks of veg, this was my room. I was a licensed grower and have been doing this for years, but Im down now anyway with no intention of starting again, so no, Im not worried about law enforcement.

Each 4x8 table had fifty, 2 gallon pots on it. These pics dont even show them at flowering where they really stretch out and double in size.

Each plant yielded about an ounce of dry bud. When you guys are talking about 2-5 oz of dry plant material, think about how big the plants would have to be for a typical home dwelling.

When it was all said and done I pulled just over 7 pounds with 5- 1000 hps bulbs. So 2 pounds with 8 plants....I find it highly dubious.

That thick stock was from a plant that yielded just over 2 oz. The thing was fucking huge and look at how tight the lower branches are, so I cant imagine how big some plants that have been discussed need to be to get 5 oz indoors.

Core

• Getbig III
« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2014, 06:38:26 PM »
he needs to start dabbing the honey/ wax/ shatter

fuck no he dont. that shit will take away all the fun of pot. trust me ive dabbed HARD in my time. im talking half gram dabs of the finest crumble youve ever seen. i got so stoned once i blacked out basicaly, and for two hours was completely immobile watching spinning cubes in my head going round and round.

shit was nuts, never again!

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2014, 06:50:05 PM »
Haha some master growers here, 1 pound per plant, lmao.

Growing marihuana is actually pretty complicated and labour intensive (if you're looking to maximise profits that is). Enough to find on (dutch)websites.

::)

1lb plants are not uncommon among outdoor strains !

Start plants early (winter or spring) indoors then transplant them into 300 gallon rubbermaid tanks in June , with proper soil watering and attention to care they will grow HUGE. Don't always get the best quality if your looking for massive yield however.

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2014, 09:38:26 PM »
Just the other day my nephew was making pot brownies and cookies.

I asked him why he would resort to (the hassle) making brownies and cookies, instead of just using a vaporizer with his herbs, the way he has been doing for the last year.

He tells me the "high" he gets from edibles is like nothing vaporizing or downright smoking marijuana can ever give him. He called it an "extended release" high that has various peaks and troughs.

Is there truth to this or is he just fucking with me??

"1"

P.S. Every day, more and more, I feel as if this kid is going to move out west to open a marijuana dispensary of some sort.

eating weed = gross IMHO

a weird lazy sleepy depressing high

granted I've only done it a few times, just enough to convince me it sucks

smoking it in a big clay pipe in the early winter months in northern California high up on Mt. Tam during a massive wind storm = just fucking winning the Clone Wars

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2014, 01:44:19 AM »
"1 pound plants are not uncommon for the average homegrower"

"yeah maybe 400 pound bench is strong in your gym but in my gym 80% of people bench 5 plates, no big deal"

"only 200 pounds ripped, bro do you have HIV?"

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2014, 01:55:36 AM »
seems like an awful lot of work, time and space to make a couple thousand $$$.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2014, 02:01:26 AM »
About how much would 40 plants yield? 

Hopefully enough for you to get a real fucking job.

Potsmokers are a major contributor to generation nothingness.

I rank potsmoking right up with instagram.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2014, 02:19:04 AM »

In its heyday 1 pound would have gotten you 3200-3600 dollars, in bulk deals depending on where you lived and other factors.  You would get more if you nickle and dimed it out.  That's $22,000 for my type of room yielding 7 pounds, minimum,every  8-10 weeks,  tax free, on top of your normal income.  Plus most growers are passionate about what they are doing so it hardly makes the work something that's depressingly difficult.

Now there are just way too.many people doing this and prices have plummeted to the point where the risk reward isn't worth it in my eyes.

dustin

« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2014, 02:51:33 AM »
Bindare knows his shit!! People here are taking about wet weight or inflated numbers that egotistical growers bragged about. An ounce and a bit per plant sounds about right when you consider things like smaller popcorn buds and stuff like that. Always better to round down those numbers than to double them just to brag.

I just spent hours pulling out my equipment. Lots of new digital ballasts, meters, nutes, fans and nice reflectors I only used as little as one time or not at all!! Bought a couple industrial Samsung fans too that were bulky but ultra quiet. Makes me sad to put it up for sale. I almost want to build a stealth cabinet and just grow a couple plants under a 400w light just for shits. I've never felt more satisfied than to chop down a crop, dry it, trim it, finely manicure it and pack it away to be carefully watched over as it cured and became a beautiful smoke. It's an esoteric happiness and  satisfaction that few people understand. You feel like god or a great artist and have a deep appreciation for all the meticulous work.

You can throw seeds in a bucket or turn your grow into a Russian space lab. What you put into the grow will be reflected in the final product. Watching Walter Cranston acting in Breaking Bad made me reminiscent on the few small grows I did. Blew a good 10k that I never recouped in the end but it was still a good time.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2014, 06:37:19 AM »

It is. To make money in that game you have to have DEEP pockets and resources which is why organized crime rules the industry.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2014, 07:34:49 AM »
Ofcourse it can be done, but imo it's not realistic at all for a beginner or regular joe who wants to grow some stuff for personal use.

it's not complicated, you don't need much.

But you need the correct weed fertilizers... and ground growing is stupid for a beginner, one should use sand and a water pump to make sure nothing gets fucked up.

one plant and 400w lamp is enough to get 2kg's wet, 900g dry. 24/7 light for a whole month at the beginning, then cut 2cm from the arm when the plant is 30cm long, and then 12h/12h light/darkness timing for the plant and with it change the fertlizing dose suited for flowering phase.

I mean SO I'VE HEARD from this one guy who knew one guy who knew two guys who knew ten guys who knew one guy, anyway  ;D

dustin

« Reply #65 on: July 15, 2014, 08:42:17 AM »

But you need the correct weed fertilizers... and ground growing is stupid for a beginner, one should use sand and a water pump to make sure nothing gets fucked up.

one plant and 400w lamp is enough to get 2kg's wet, 900g dry. 24/7 light for a whole month at the beginning, then cut 2cm from the arm when the plant is 30cm long, and then 12h/12h light/darkness timing for the plant and with it change the fertlizing dose suited for flowering phase.

I mean SO I'VE HEARD from this one guy who knew one guy who knew two guys who knew ten guys who knew one guy, anyway  ;D

People who grow one plant generally live with their parents and haven't completed puberty.

Very tough to grow for money when the price can drop to as low as $1000 per lb or $600 if you're in a tight circle. Not worth it unless you've got a warehouse and pump out huge volumes. I've been in some awesome warehouses on that subject and it's an amazing site if automation or pests don't fuck things up. A tiny problem can explode in a span of hours.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: July 15, 2014, 08:46:58 AM »
People who grow one plant generally live with their parents and haven't completed puberty.

Very tough to grow for money when the price can drop to as low as $1000 per lb or $600 if you're in a tight circle. Not worth it unless you've got a warehouse and pump out huge volumes. I've been in some awesome warehouses on that subject and it's an amazing site if automation or pests don't fuck things up. A tiny problem can explode in a span of hours.

LMAO, sure, not everyone is ready to invest over 2000 bucks to grow weed in block of flats  ::) ::) ::)

with the setting I told you you will get a huge flower tree.

I was talking about personal use, not selling, but ofcourse the mafia getbiggers will only grow with a minimum 100 plants in a minimum 1000 square feet ware house, because they live in a luxury mansion in a mountain  ::)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: July 15, 2014, 10:03:23 AM »

I stopped reading at the word "sand ".

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: July 15, 2014, 10:04:41 AM »

ofcourse you did  ::)

hydro > soil, magic soil, super soil, best soil, bullshit soil

truth

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: July 15, 2014, 10:06:40 AM »
LMAO, sure, not everyone is ready to invest over 2000 bucks to grow weed in block of flats  ::) ::) ::)

with the setting I told you you will get a huge flower tree.

I was talking about personal use, not selling, but ofcourse the mafia getbiggers will only grow with a minimum 100 plants in a minimum 1000 square feet ware house, because they live in a luxury mansion in a mountain  ::)

Where Dustin lives its not uncommon to be in direct contact with people who are large producers.  The practice is extremely wide spread per population.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: July 15, 2014, 10:10:12 AM »
ofcourse you did  ::)

hydro > soil, magic soil, super soil, best soil, bullshit soil

truth

Lol,  I posted pics of my smaller garden,  I've done hydro and shows with as much as 28, 1000 watt bulbs and 800+ plants.  You = smack talk and nothing else.  Get bent.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: July 15, 2014, 10:15:35 AM »
Lol,  I posted pics of my smaller garden,  I've done hydro and shows with as much as 28, 1000 watt bulbs and 800+ plants.  You = smack talk and nothing else.  Get bent.

yes but because you are in a nazi mode, you refuse to read.

I'm talking about 95%personal use, about budget, about not having afford to a plantation, sheesh.

yes it's great if you don't have to worry about neighbors behind the wall, yes it's great if you don't live in a block of flats, yes it's great if your surroundings and economy allows you to grow 800 plants, it's great.

now suck my dick  :D

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: July 15, 2014, 12:59:20 PM »
yes but because you are in a nazi mode, you refuse to read.

I'm talking about 95%personal use, about budget, about not having afford to a plantation, sheesh.

yes it's great if you don't have to worry about neighbors behind the wall, yes it's great if you don't live in a block of flats, yes it's great if your surroundings and economy allows you to grow 800 plants, it's great.

now suck my dick  :D

You don't even understand the difference between soil,  soiless and hydro, dipshit. As soon as someone mentions growing in sand  I immediately know they are a newb, but you are even worse because you try to sound like you know what you are talking about when clearly you know jack shit.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #73 on: July 15, 2014, 01:11:54 PM »
I will never understand why anyone would want to feel "high".  I've seen dope smokers and they look like sleepy goofballs (think Shawn Rhoden sans muscle).

No thanks.

In America, upward of 10% of the population has some form of ADHD/bi-polar/depression. Half of that 8% are undiagnosed...These types of people find ways to medicate themselves outside the systems healthcare system.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: July 15, 2014, 03:22:57 PM »

Always use sand at the bottom portion of your mixture for drainage.