Author Topic: NEW 2015 GETBIG PHYSIQUE RANKINGS  (Read 6577 times)

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
Re: NEW 2015 GETBIG PHYSIQUE RANKINGS
« Reply #100 on: July 15, 2014, 06:06:25 AM »
shit man that is a good idea, it would bring in more people.

You will make those posts in no time brother

as for divisions, i think it should be open- no classes- if we are voting on the physique as a whole, theres no reason why a guy w a great physique like enzo couldnt be first place. hes not disadvantaged if the criteria is the best over all package, in fact he might be advantaged in that.

thats why i think we need to hammer out what the criteria is going to be when choosing where physiques get placed. are some criteria more important than others, ie muscularity or symmetry or conditioning, or are all criteria equal. if its a level playing field, and its about the ideal of 'body-building' or creating the ideal physique, then a guy like enzo or a guy like simple simon will have huge advantage over the rest of the board regardless of size. i think if you set the criteria properly, and balance it, no one physique here will have an advantage over anyone else. and i would not like to have to judge that. like fuck how hard would that be.

now if the criteria is strictly 'bodybuilding' then nobody stands a chance and big ro squashes us all like insects. lol

i think this could be a very interesting competition if we set the parameters and criteria right. a lot of truly great physiques here.

b

Simple Simon

« Reply #101 on: July 15, 2014, 06:31:31 AM »
as for divisions, i think it should be open- no classes- if we are voting on the physique as a whole, theres no reason why a guy w a great physique like enzo couldnt be first place. hes not disadvantaged if the criteria is the best over all package, in fact he might be advantaged in that.

thats why i think we need to hammer out what the criteria is going to be when choosing where physiques get placed. are some criteria more important than others, ie muscularity or symmetry or conditioning, or are all criteria equal. if its a level playing field, and its about the ideal of 'body-building' or creating the ideal physique, then a guy like enzo or a guy like simple simon will have huge advantage over the rest of the board regardless of size. i think if you set the criteria properly, and balance it, no one physique here will have an advantage over anyone else. and i would not like to have to judge that. like fuck how hard would that be.

now if the criteria is strictly 'bodybuilding' then nobody stands a chance and big ro squashes us all like insects. lol

i think this could be a very interesting competition if we set the parameters and criteria right. a lot of truly great physiques here.

I think we should use Sevs physique as a yardstick, unattainable for all getbiggers but we must aim high.

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: July 15, 2014, 09:06:53 AM »
I think we should use Sevs physique as a yardstick, unattainable for all getbiggers but we must aim high.

unattainable unless we all develop some kind of wasting disease that is.
b

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: July 15, 2014, 09:25:20 AM »
why, so those under 40 have a chance?

:D

LOL so true, the best physiques on here are over 40...I got 4.5 years to bring mine on par lol
S

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #104 on: July 15, 2014, 10:19:15 AM »
The problem with online contests is size isn't rewarded.  You can look at a pic of dj181, and me, and we look about the same size, even though I weigh 70 pounds more than he does at the same height. Camera tricks, angles, lighting

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #105 on: July 15, 2014, 11:23:18 AM »
The problem with online contests is size isn't rewarded.  You can look at a pic of dj181, and me, and we look about the same size, even though I weigh 70 pounds more than he does at the same height. Camera tricks, angles, lighting
Bring dj181 back where did he go?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #106 on: July 15, 2014, 11:36:34 AM »

good points, ^^^

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: July 15, 2014, 11:47:32 AM »

Haha not quite but your point is valid

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #108 on: July 15, 2014, 11:51:29 AM »
dude, his body is the size of your arms

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: July 15, 2014, 12:44:33 PM »

like do you make it a 5 point system?

1-5 points for each of the following criteria

- muscularity

- symmetry

- conditioning

- over general aesthetic appeal

?

this would bring say Groink onto a more level field cause pictures are being used. if your 250 lbs and 6'2 like him your a fucking big dude. who holds a ton of tissue. in this dj as am example would score a 2 for muscularity and groink a 5.

I dunno just throwing ideas out there. at some point tho the judging for tops spots will all come down to subjectives then as I imagine a lot of guy will score upper percentile marks that make them all very even. maybe using .5's in judging would allow for more spacing once totals are added up.

like I said. this will be a bitch to judge. lol
b

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #110 on: July 15, 2014, 01:21:54 PM »
like do you make it a 5 point system?

1-5 points for each of the following criteria

- muscularity

- symmetry

- conditioning

- over general aesthetic appeal

?

this would bring say Groink onto a more level field cause pictures are being used. if your 250 lbs and 6'2 like him your a fucking big dude. who holds a ton of tissue. in this dj as am example would score a 2 for muscularity and groink a 5.

I dunno just throwing ideas out there. at some point tho the judging for tops spots will all come down to subjectives then as I imagine a lot of guy will score upper percentile marks that make them all very even. maybe using .5's in judging would allow for more spacing once totals are added up.

like I said. this will be a bitch to judge. lol
I was thinking of having a 2 stream system, 1... similar to what you are mentioning with what an ideal GETBIG PHYSQUE PREFERENCE IS and 2.... a traditional judging system like the NPC for bodybuilding. Jude2 is an official NPC judge

That way we recognize who is on top of bodybuilding IN TERMS OF BODYBUILDING CRITERIA and also recognize who has the best physique in terms of GETBIG PREFERENCE.

I personal would rather be on the list of GETBIG preference then a bodybuilder

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #111 on: July 15, 2014, 02:13:59 PM »
I was thinking of having a 2 stream system, 1... similar to what you are mentioning with what an ideal GETBIG PHYSQUE PREFERENCE IS and 2.... a traditional judging system like the NPC for bodybuilding. Jude2 is an official NPC judge

That way we recognize who is on top of bodybuilding IN TERMS OF BODYBUILDING CRITERIA and also recognize who has the best physique in terms of GETBIG PREFERENCE.

I personal would rather be on the list of GETBIG preference then a bodybuilder

getbig preference = mens physique catagory  ;)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #112 on: July 15, 2014, 03:18:31 PM »
getbig preference = mens physique catagory  ;)
well not necessarily cause from what I gathered the number 1 physique GETBIG has approved of is Ulisses Jr by a long shot, so something like him would win ''the getbig preference'' Sorry can not post pics of him now, but someone else can maybe help me out with that.

As for the bodybuilding one, you can post your Nov pics if you want, we switched up the rules a bit. Also if you compete in 2015, you can update your pic as well.

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #113 on: July 15, 2014, 03:22:28 PM »
I know how he looks, impressive.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee