Author Topic: Phil Heath Posting in this thread - Skorp1o's Fan Tribute to Phil Heath  (Read 36861 times)

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
Re: Sorry Getbig-I'm fan of Phil Heath
« Reply #100 on: July 14, 2014, 05:33:48 PM »
Hey Phil do u see big Ramy as a potential threat this year?
S

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #101 on: July 14, 2014, 05:41:00 PM »
I saw that racing version, but definitely would want that comfort package that my old supersports had. I got rid of it about a year ago and haven't found a good replacement yet. I did drive that McLaren 650s which honestly, kills anything on the road at the moment. it was wayyy too small for me, so its a no go. That M6 Gran Coupe wore on me as I didn't like it at first. Oh and that new Escalade is amazing, I saw a post on some guy's instagram out of San Jose who put some 24's on it and I almost got one lol. I still have my 2008 EXT which I did mods to with a custom blower, pipes, headers etc. so being its now discontinued, I'll keep it for awhile longer. As far as a shoe line, I appreciate you hyping me up, its tough right now because of the lack of awareness toward bodybuilders. I do think that I have a chance to get one someday with the right help. My friend Jamal Crawford just got his own exclusive shoe and he mentioned that maybe they'd make me my own. Its premature now, so I'll just wait and see. I do think that if I had one that they'd sell, as long as they weren't too bulky and had cool yet necessary designs.
Agreed. Except, I think that Mclaren was lazy for putting the P1 face on the 650S. Because people will think when they see the 650S that is the P1, when it isn't.
So, you got a Sleeper Cadillac...I think if they produce the Elmiraj that will really get noticed
The upcoming M2 and Porsche Cayman GT4 maybe too small for you.
What do you think Panamera?

Hey, if Reebok can create a Crossfit shoe, then it is entirely possible for you to get a specialized training shoe in the same vein. In fact, the Crossfit shoe could have been marketed as a bodybuilding or "training" shoe.
Most of the top Crossfitters look like bodybuilders anyway.

Good to have you on here.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #102 on: July 14, 2014, 05:41:34 PM »

Excellent question.

Maybe Phil can expand a bit and give a mini-rundown of what he thinks his cheif rivals might bring, strengths, weaknesses....wouldnt  be Getbig without a little shit talking.  ;D

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #103 on: July 14, 2014, 05:44:01 PM »
Phil, do you think you would have beaten Flex Wheeler at his best vs your best?

You are about to start a war with the 90s heads.
Excellent question.

Maybe Phil can expand a bit and give a mini-rundown of what he thinks his cheif rivals might bring, strengths, weaknesses....wouldnt  be Getbig without a little shit talking.  ;D
Yep, I agree..."Let's get ready to rumble" fire up the rival machine.

thegift

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #104 on: July 14, 2014, 06:39:44 PM »
Props to Phil for taking time to post here. You just went up a bunch of notches in my book.

That said, allow me throw out my take on the critics. I could be wrong, but I don't think I've seen any vids online of you training really intense.

I think guys look at that and wonder how you can be the top guy. Drugs? Genetics?

I guess you make it look easy, and thus the criticism.

So ... post a link to one of your favorite training vids and I might learn a thing or two.

Congrats on all of your success.

Thanks, I appreciate the honesty.

My dvds as mentioned earlier show more, but I know most guys have only seen the freebies via FLEX or Muscletech or Metrx.

My lifts on dvds include:

22 reps with 150s on incline - The Gift Unwrapped
4 plates on front squats
140s on flat bench for 22 reps
4plates on smith military press
6 plates maxing out the incline hammer press for reps

can't remember all tho but i'll do more stuff.

thegift

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #105 on: July 14, 2014, 06:41:18 PM »

yep along with Kai Wolf Rhoden and the rest of the top 6 guys. They're truly all great to be honest, but its my job to be at my best to win.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #106 on: July 14, 2014, 06:43:28 PM »
How you doing Phil?, good to have you posting here brother.  ;)

thegift

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #107 on: July 14, 2014, 06:44:45 PM »
Agreed. Except, I think that Mclaren was lazy for putting the P1 face on the 650S. Because people will think when they see the 650S that is the P1, when it isn't.
So, you got a Sleeper Cadillac...I think if they produce the Elmiraj that will really get noticed
The upcoming M2 and Porsche Cayman GT4 maybe too small for you.
What do you think Panamera?

Hey, if Reebok can create a Crossfit shoe, then it is entirely possible for you to get a specialized training shoe in the same vein. In fact, the Crossfit shoe could have been marketed as a bodybuilding or "training" shoe.
Most of the top Crossfitters look like bodybuilders anyway.

Thanks, i agree with McLaren as I don't think they initially decided to do the 650S. The Elmiraj would be dope, but the cost would probably be too high for a domestic exotic. The Panamera was something I first wanted, but realized that I'd be stuck with the 4S while paying the same as the S550 so I chose that instead. I just didn't like the fact that the Panamera looked weak without the spoiler up and that made it look like an "egg". I can feel you on the whole Reebok thing as they really should've looked into this, but hopefully someone else will in the future.

Good to have you on here.

thegift

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #108 on: July 14, 2014, 06:48:30 PM »
You are about to start a war with the 90s heads.Yep, I agree..."Let's get ready to rumble" fire up the rival machine.

I wouldn't mind a little hype wars either, but you guys know that is for you guys to do and probably bad for me lol. I do wonder what my 2013 Olympia look would do against those guys because I felt I had a good combo of 2011 & 2012.

Look, I gotta go train but seriously this has been fun. I promise to come back soon even if its not a thread that say "I'm a fan of Phil Heath" ok. Y'all stay up and keep it fun because its always fun to see the crazy shit on here. My friends sometimes get a lil butthurt, but I always tell them that it would be like us being in the barbershop or bball court talking shit all day. thats what guys do. ;)

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: July 14, 2014, 06:54:50 PM »
Phil is a bit on the flaky side, but he has dabbled on the side.  it just takes the wrong c u n t to give his wife a call and tiger woods shit will break out.

funny how his wrists would be as big as the girl's without the drugs.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #110 on: July 14, 2014, 07:02:12 PM »
Hello Phil. I have a question for you. A few days ago, Forbes posted about your nutritional line. In the article, you were quoted:

Heath’s partnership with Gifted Nutrition, through which he’ll be named the company’s president, was driven by a growing concern that Heath and other professional athletes have in being ensured that the supplements they are putting in their bodies are clean.  ”Whatever I put into my body, I want it to be the best.  Gifted Nutrition was able to show me that they had FDA compliant ingredients in their supplements.  I thought that was really huge, especially when you are trying to show people that you are a natural athlete,” Heath said.

How did you become an IFBB pro and Mr. Olympia by remaining 100% natural? From what I have gathered, all IFBB pros, especially past Mr. O's have used drugs (steroids, HGH, etc) to achieve their physiques. But in the above statement you attest that you wanted to show people that you're a natural athlete. How did you become so big being natural? Did you just eat an extra 50 grams of protein each day? Or were you taught some Weider principles that no one else knows about? Or perhaps you know about some protein shakes or creatine that others do not know about.

I hope to become Mr. Olympia some day and I want to do it naturally, just like you.

Thank you.
X

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: July 14, 2014, 07:08:10 PM »
Hello Phil. I have a question for you. A few days ago, Forbes posted about your nutritional line. In the article, you were quoted:

Heath’s partnership with Gifted Nutrition, through which he’ll be named the company’s president, was driven by a growing concern that Heath and other professional athletes have in being ensured that the supplements they are putting in their bodies are clean.  ”Whatever I put into my body, I want it to be the best.  Gifted Nutrition was able to show me that they had FDA compliant ingredients in their supplements.  I thought that was really huge, especially when you are trying to show people that you are a natural athlete,” Heath said.

How did you become an IFBB pro and Mr. Olympia by remaining 100% natural? From what I have gathered, all IFBB pros, especially past Mr. O's have used drugs (steroids, HGH, etc) to achieve their physiques. But in the above statement you attest that you wanted to show people that you're a natural athlete. How did you become so big being natural? Did you just eat an extra 50 grams of protein each day? Or were you taught some Weider principles that no one else knows about? Or perhaps you know about some protein shakes or creatine that others do not know about.

I hope to become Mr. Olympia some day and I want to do it naturally, just like you.

Thank you.

Feel better now ?   ::)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #112 on: July 14, 2014, 07:10:30 PM »

Feel better now ?   ::)

Um, he said he was natural, so I am just wondering what his secret is.

I do not see what the problem is here. If you do not like me, that is fine. Like you, I do not come on here to be liked. It was a simple, and honest question. He is free to ignore the question if he wants.
X

Frank Clairmonte

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM KAI GREENE #BELIEVE
« Reply #113 on: July 14, 2014, 07:14:15 PM »
Phil is gonna get a lot of shit from many but if he survives and keeps posting it would be great. Many questions to be answered.

I have a question about 2013 Arnold Classic Europe. Many believe that Kai was better. Were you happy with your showing at this show?

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: July 14, 2014, 07:16:23 PM »
Um, he said he was natural, so I am just wondering what his secret is.

I do not see what the problem is here. If you do not like me, that is fine. Like you, I do not come on here to be liked. It was a simple, and honest question. He is free to ignore the question if he wants.

Show me where he said "I'm natural"

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #115 on: July 14, 2014, 07:20:48 PM »

Show me where he said "I'm natural"

I thought that was really huge, especially when you are trying to show people that you are a natural athlete,” Heath said.

It does not have to be EXPLICITLY stated. It is implied in the above sentence. Gullibale people, mostly teenagers, will take this sentence as though Phil is natural (and I believe he is). That is the way it reads. You obviously know otherwise given your knowledge about bodybuilding, so you are better able to dissect the sentence in a more meaningful way (in terms of bodybuilding). For the average laymen who is just picking up a weight for the first time, they will think Phil is natural.

Its kind of like "plausible deniability." No one explicitly tells the president certain things, to avoid him getting in trouble. But implicitly he most likely knows the truth. Similarly, the statement was not explicit in that he is natural, but it is implied to a great degree.
X

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #116 on: July 14, 2014, 07:22:02 PM »

You were probably the best part in that entire shitty movie , that and branch falling off his pony

real question , why have you abandoned the Barbell Incline and Flat bench pressing?  ??? and choose to use machines and hammer, i know your #1 in the world , but just curious why?  ???

LMFAO, you are the biggest Phil basher on getbig, oh brother, epic backpedaling.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #117 on: July 14, 2014, 07:22:41 PM »
See this is why bbing is the best sport.

You don't see LeBron posting in the NBA thread for example, though I suspect he reads it :D

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #118 on: July 14, 2014, 07:23:43 PM »
very brave and very cool for Phil to post here  8) You can say what you want about Phil, but he's extremely consistent with top notch conditioning. It's cool that he can see the negativity for what it is here and roll with the punches.
follow the arrows

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: July 14, 2014, 07:29:41 PM »
I thought that was really huge, especially when you are trying to show people that you are a natural athlete,” Heath said.

It does not have to be EXPLICITLY stated. It is implied in the above sentence. Gullibale people, mostly teenagers, will take this sentence as though Phil is natural (and I believe he is). That is the way it reads. You obviously know otherwise given your knowledge about bodybuilding, so you are better able to dissect the sentence in a more meaningful way (in terms of bodybuilding). For the average laymen who is just picking up a weight for the first time, they will think Phil is natural.

Its kind of like "plausible deniability." No one explicitly tells the president certain things, to avoid him getting in trouble. But implicitly he most likely knows the truth. Similarly, the statement was not explicit in that he is natural, but it is implied to a great degree.

Fair enough.....good points.

I think that's why he obviously chose his words very carefully. Supplements are part of the game.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #120 on: July 14, 2014, 07:34:18 PM »
Fair enough.....good points.

I think that's why he obviously chose his words very carefully. Supplements are part of the game.

I was more joshing him than anything else.

Though, I dont care if someone is natural or not. However, it is definitely a pet peeve of mine when someone tries to pass off something in a certain way to attract customers. And that goes for any business. I guess marketing is part of the game. They all lie. But I don't have good business sense about me. Id be a horrible businessman.

But, yes, you are correct, that is why he chose his words very carefull!
X

That_Dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #121 on: July 14, 2014, 07:36:48 PM »

I asked about this earlier in this thread an Phil did respond. I believe he was speaking on people who are natural athletes not getting a positive test because of over the counter supps that are not certified drug free. He was not stating that he himself is a drug free athlete.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #122 on: July 14, 2014, 07:37:13 PM »

Depends how you read the statement. It can be easily read to say an aspiring natural athlete would prefer to take FDA compliant supplements to retain natural status, without asserting his own natural status.

Honestly, I think you should just lay off of it in the interests of observing polite social norms. He deserves credit for posting here given what we say about him on a daily basis.
follow the arrows

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #123 on: July 14, 2014, 07:38:54 PM »
I asked about this earlier in this thread an Phil did respond. I believe he was speaking on people who are natural athletes not getting a positive test because of over the counter supps that are not certified drug free. He was not stating that he himself is a drug free athlete.

Read my response to Groink. He may be speaking about natural athletes, but the average laymen, who is not an athlete or a naive teenager, will most likely interpret that statement much differently.
X

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: July 14, 2014, 07:51:29 PM »
Depends how you read the statement. It can be easily read to say an aspiring natural athlete would prefer to take FDA compliant supplements to retain natural status, without asserting his own natural status.

Honestly, I think you should just lay off of it in the interests of observing polite social norms. He deserves credit for posting here given what we say about him on a daily basis.

Agreed..I see where SF is coming from..I'm of the opinion just leave it out...yes the supplement biz is a joke...no shit.

This is  bodybuilding board, and the guy is Mr Olympia, do we really need to act like 16 year olds and "troll" him ?