Author Topic: Online rants, anti-government radicals fuel fear of U.S. cop killings  (Read 6059 times)

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
http://news.yahoo.com/online-rants-rightwing-extremism-fuel-fears-for-us-cops-225012920.html

There's a deep concern that there has been a measurable increase in violence against police officers, especially with firearms,” said Rich Roberts, spokesman for the International Union of Police Associations. The anti-police movement “seems to feed off each other online,” he said.

The FBI has increased warnings about possible threats to law enforcement, multiple police sources told Yahoo News. The bureau declined to confirm any change.

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
People are just getting fed up with the out of control police brutality . That's what happens . People going to start retaliating!

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
Total non-story....just the Left trying to fan tensions and scrambling to somehow blame everything on 'right wing extremists'  ::)

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
Sounds like the police are gearing up for more mass shootings of civilians going about their business, just getting in early with some justifications and rationalizations for a future increasing of their already extreme brutality.

Maybe they should try policing in Mexico before they start bitching like the insecure bitches they are.
V

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Slunds like thwyre setting the stage for the civilian/police power struggle that aj's been predicting.

I wonder when they forgot that their job is to serve and protect the public, not to view themselves as warriors going after bad guys... you want to be a warrior go join the military,  not the police.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
Total non-story....just the Left trying to fan tensions and scrambling to somehow blame everything on 'right wing extremists'  ::)

Bingo.

There is always going to be some nuts out there doing crazy shit.  That doesn't change the fact that cops are out of of control these days looking for any excuse to taze you, tackle you and beat you down for "resisting".  Their reaction to this is to try and keep you from being able to record the beatings.  This whole thing is just another symptom of our country sliding down the shitter.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
It's we who should fear the police.
X

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Obviously I don't think "cops are out of control" and I don't think this fuels fear in cops of being ambushed. It's always a concern but that's the nature of the job. There are always going to be some morons running around hating cops.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Obviously I don't think "cops are out of control" and I don't think this fuels fear in cops of being ambushed. It's always a concern but that's the nature of the job. There are always going to be some morons running around hating cops.
Its getting bad man. I know youre a cop so youre on the other side but public opinion is quickly turning to believing most police departments are getting out of control.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Re: Online rants, anti-government radicals fuel fear of U.S. cop killings
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2014, 11:13:53 AM »
Its getting bad man. I know youre a cop so youre on the other side but public opinion is quickly turning to believing most police departments are getting out of control.

Most people believe either the Democratic or Republican party has their best interest at heart. Most believe a supernatural being watches over them. Obviously some people will believe anything if you show it in TMZ or CNN. Again, I'm not saying there are not bad cops out there. I'm not saying that somewhere in America today, some cop won't be video taped doing something stupid or worse, criminally violent. What I'm saying (My opinion) is that cops today are overall much better than cops 40 yrs ago when it comes to use of force. The difference is obviously the fact today, if police aren't recording themselves via their in car camera, someone else is. There are literally thousands of police contacts daily with citizens that go very well, as they should. Great calls made under the worst of circumstances is the norm. What we get to watch are the very small percentage that screw up. I agree there shouldn't be ANY of those and certainly work towards that goal, but the reality is much different than peoples perceptions in this case. I get upset as well when I watch the video of the cop using excessive force. They need to be fired, or if the incident warrants it, fired and charged with a crime. But I realize that both statistically and from my personal experience, that behavior is the exception.     

Deacon Jeschin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2014, 11:21:46 AM »

The article said that people posting about violence were talked to by agents of some kind.  Can you imagine getting a knock on your door and there's some dickhead puffing out his chest saying " I'd like to talk to you about your comments on an Internet website."

Hahahahaha.....

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2014, 11:30:01 AM »

The article said that people posting about violence were talked to by agents of some kind.  Can you imagine getting a knock on your door and there's some dickhead puffing out his chest saying " I'd like to talk to you about your comments on an Internet website."

Hahahahaha.....

great post

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2014, 11:30:41 AM »
Most people believe either the Democratic or Republican party has their best interest at heart. Most believe a supernatural being watches over them. Obviously some people will believe anything if you show it in TMZ or CNN. Again, I'm not saying there are not bad cops out there. I'm not saying that somewhere in America today, some cop won't be video taped doing something stupid or worse, criminally violent. What I'm saying (My opinion) is that cops today are overall much better than cops 40 yrs ago when it comes to use of force. The difference is obviously the fact today, if police aren't recording themselves via their in car camera, someone else is. There are literally thousands of police contacts daily with citizens that go very well, as they should. Great calls made under the worst of circumstances is the norm. What we get to watch are the very small percentage that screw up. I agree there shouldn't be ANY of those and certainly work towards that goal, but the reality is much different than peoples perceptions in this case. I get upset as well when I watch the video of the cop using excessive force. They need to be fired, or if the incident warrants it, fired and charged with a crime. But I realize that both statistically and from my personal experience, that behavior is the exception.     
I think there's some definite truth here.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2014, 12:16:25 PM »
Police are no longer civil servant

its now a business, just like target, mcdonalds, gifted nutrition , they answer to nobody.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2014, 12:21:01 PM »

Truth...in this day and age virtually everything is recorded somehow

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2014, 01:59:55 PM »

Good post.

Only problem is The bully Boy police are seldom fired or charged,
And that is a major Problem To us the public.
Plus these scum police know the chances of them being accountable is very slim.
Police routinely Lie, fabricate evidence, frame people, beat people, etc and get away
with it. They retire on full pension or are moved to a easy desk job.
They don't suffer the same punishment as the public do, for their crimes.
If the police want to protect each other then What choice does It leave US.

No Trust, No Respect, No Confidence. in Them.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2014, 02:16:24 PM »
Last years US cops shot, beat and strangled (KILLED) over 8,000 people.  Maybe they finally killed too many people?
a

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2014, 02:24:32 PM »

good post. very rare to see a literate example at GB.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2014, 02:26:36 PM »

Good post.

Police routinely Lie, fabricate evidence, frame people, beat people, etc and get away
If the police want protect each other then What choice does It leave US.

I think this is the bottom line.

I agree with Agnostic that the majority of cops are good and go about their business fine, HOWEVER, there has been a very definite shift in the police across the country towards a more militaristic type attitude and the firepower to go with it..

Also there has been a shift with more fuck ups than ever as far as mistreatment of civilians goes, kickong in doors of wrong houses and shooting the owners when they prepare to defend themselves from the unknown and unlawful intrusion...

And its not just the incidents, as pointed out, its about the lack of justice brought upon these officers and them knowing that theyre being held to a different standard than the citizens they police.

If anything they should be held to a HIGHER standard of conduct with harsher punishments, as they're supposed to be setting the example, not the ones dealing out punishment for laws they dont follow themselves.

People wouldn't get so lit up if the officers guilty of committing these atrocities had their lives ruined in the same way a civilian would, but that never seems to happen,  and therein lies the problem. Seems like they k ow they can do whatever the fuck they want and get a slap on the wrist.

If they knew theyd go to jail and rot for the rest of their life theyd probably hesitate a little longer before deciding to shoot the old man reaching for his cane as the officers break down his door with automatic weapons and no identification beforehand.

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2014, 02:34:41 PM »
Cops are selfish Assholes. They think they can do anything they like. People are starting to really hate them.
I hope they get the message and treat  civilians with respect. Or shit is going to hit the fan.

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2014, 02:35:40 PM »

Good post.

If the police want to protect each other then What choice does It leave US.

Good Post

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2014, 02:37:57 PM »

These would make such boring YouTube viewing, though. Probably why we don't see them.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2014, 02:41:01 PM »
Slunds like thwyre setting the stage for the civilian/police power struggle that aj's been predicting.

I wonder when they forgot that their job is to serve and protect the public, not to view themselves as warriors going after bad guys... you want to be a warrior go join the military,  not the police.
This has been happening for awhile. You have to take into account the mentality and mental state of the people and the training or lack thereof of them as well. When many are being spit out of the academies as fast as they can, that has consequences. Then, there is the fact that the citizenry are worse---the culture of "I can do what I want, because 'I can'" and add that same mentality to some of the people who join police force as well.

You have a spiralling problem...

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2014, 02:58:30 PM »
militarizing the police was the only way the elites could get around the 'Posse Comitatus' act.