Author Topic: The left finally admits it lies and distorts facts to get legislation through.  (Read 4321 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
How to Beat the NRA In 7 (Not-So-Easy) Steps

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/how-to-beat-the-nra-in-7-not-so-easy-steps-20140714#ixzz37Uc81Al1
 Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

See the link for the entire article I posted the 7 steps but only went into detail on the most dishonest and idiotic ones ;)

1. Commit to a Generation-Long Battle
2. Think Federally. Act Locally.
3. Politicize Disaster, Unabashedly
This isn't complicated: Making a political issue of the tiny coffins of dead children in the wake of a school shooting isn't just a thing that helps pass strong gun-control, it's practically the only thing

4. Act, Don't Dither     
When catastrophic events like Newtown unfold, there's an impulse from many elected officials to slow down, to gather facts, to ensure that cooler heads prevail. Politically, this is why gun-control dies.

5. Bring Big Money to the Table
6. Think Bigger than Mayors, Moms, and Martyrs
7. Prepare for Setbacks — and for Payback

tonymctones

• Getbig V
So lets understand number 4 in particular.

The reason gun control fails is because we slow down, gather facts and ensure that cooler heads prevail?

LMFAO hahahaha you literally cannot make this stupidity up!!!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
obama owned congress and we haven't had a gun bill.

mitt wrote some of the toughest anti-gun legislation any state has ever seen, and repubs begged to make him president.

bush said he'd have renewed the freakin brady bill if he could lol.

it's all so mixed up.  we aren't going to see gun legislation because it's poison to politicians.  the base uses it to piss people off, but if obama + dems in both houses didn't go for it, we'll never see it.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

mitt wrote some of the toughest anti-gun legislation any state has ever seen, and repubs begged to make him president.

it's all so mixed up.  we aren't going to see gun legislation because it's poison to politicians.  the base uses it to piss people off, but if obama + dems in both houses didn't go for it, we'll never see it.

Yeah, It's like trying to compare Romneycare to Obamacare. after all, it's the same thing, right? At least that's what the left keep saying ::) and all the Brady Bill was having a waiting time to purchase hand guns for background checks.

240, I'd be willing to bet if any of us (the left on here excluded because if they believe Obama they'll believe anyone) had the kind of time to spend the kind of time on a computer as you do, it wouldn't that hard to debunk the crap you write.

Bear232

• Getbig II

Good.  We don't need it.  Plenty of laws on the books as it sits now.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Typical fear mongering started by the gun makers and their reps in order to boost sales.  Which I have to admit, is an awesome marketing tactic. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Typical fear mongering started by the gun makers and their reps in order to boost sales.  Which I have to admit, is an awesome marketing tactic. 
Lol except this is from a liberal rag...I guess a gun maker advocate got a job there and wrote this piece from the inside eh lurker?

Good to see things don't change much

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Lol except this is from a liberal rag...I guess a gun maker advocate got a job there and wrote this piece from the inside eh lurker?

You were gone for some time but one thing has not changed and that is Lurker is still that stupid.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
AMAZING

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
You were gone for some time but one thing has not changed and that is Lurker is still that stupid.

So your dumb ass is denying that gun sales didn't soar after all the "they are coming for our guns" crying the right did?

Again, what third world shit hole spawned your stupid ass?  You have been asked this a dozen times, yet still ashamed to say?  It's ok, we - including the GOP - are tolerant to immigrant trash nowdays. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V

I am pointing out the obvious result of the so called "war on guns".  If you can't accept it or understand it, then it isn't my fault.  My statement neither supports nor denies what the article is about. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
I am pointing out the obvious result of the so called "war on guns".  If you can't accept it or understand it, then it isn't my fault.  My statement neither supports nor denies what the article is about. 

Some other champion of the Right and conservatism had a "war on guns" and hes the Titan of the conservative movement. Said to be the best president ever...
Selective amnesia by some

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Some other champion of the Right and conservatism had a "war on guns" and hes the Titan of the conservative movement. Said to be the best president ever...

Not said - voted in a recent poll - all while Obama voted as the WORST  :P

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V

Do you think the Peanut Gallery understands history and basic facts?  REALLY?

You can't whine nonstop without attempting to partly fuel it through revisionist history.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Do you think the Peanut Gallery understands history and basic facts?  REALLY?

You can't whine nonstop without attempting to partly fuel it through revisionist history.

As governor of California, Ronald Reagan signed the Mulford Act, which prohibited the carrying of firearms on your person, in your vehicle, and in any public place or on the street, and he also signed off on a 15-day waiting period for firearm purchases. After leaving the presidency, he supported the passage of the Brady bill that established by federal law a nationwide, uniform standard of a 7-day waiting period for the purchase of handguns to enable background checks on prospective buyers. He urged then President Bush to drop his opposition to the bill.

Read more: http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/readersrespond/bs-ed-reagan-letter-20120210,0,1471722.story#ixzz37Ys1dtnb

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V

As governor of California, Ronald Reagan signed the Mulford Act, which prohibited the carrying of firearms on your person, in your vehicle, and in any public place or on the street, and he also signed off on a 15-day waiting period for firearm purchases. After leaving the presidency, he supported the passage of the Brady bill that established by federal law a nationwide, uniform standard of a 7-day waiting period for the purchase of handguns to enable background checks on prospective buyers. He urged then President Bush to drop his opposition to the bill.

Read more: http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/readersrespond/bs-ed-reagan-letter-20120210,0,1471722.story#ixzz37Ys1dtnb

LIES!!! 

It was Obama in a Reagan mask.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

I thought you hated Reagan  ;)

tonymctones

• Getbig V

is that like the obvious "war on women"?

lol or is it different b/c there were actually bills discussed and proposed that aimed at restricting gun rights? unlike the supposed "war on women"...

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
is that like the obvious "war on women"?

lol or is it different b/c there were actually bills discussed and proposed that aimed at restricting gun rights? unlike the supposed "war on women"...

Yeah. Exactly like that.

Now you want to talk about the thread topic you started and the bills and laws that non liberals passed on it which makes your argument completely irrelevant and ineffective, or do you want to attempt to change topics to something else that merits the exact same behavior as attempts to pass bills has been applied in the exact same sense?  Your call.  You are going to end up looking like an ass in either case.

Based on your history and common sense, it is easy to predict you will attempt to change topics now that your little whinefest has back fired.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Yeah. Exactly like that.

Now you want to talk about the thread topic you started and the bills and laws that non liberals passed on it which makes your argument completely irrelevant and ineffective, or do you want to attempt to change topics to something else that merits the exact same behavior as attempts to pass bills has been applied in the exact same sense?  Your call.  You are going to end up looking like an ass in either case.

Based on your history and common sense, it is easy to predict you will attempt to change topics now that your little whinefest has back fired.

What got into your vag tonight?  Geez

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
What got into your vag tonight?  Geez

Can't handle common sense and logical observations?  No surprise. 

Being a midget, I can see why most things go over your head.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Yeah. Exactly like that.

Now you want to talk about the thread topic you started and the bills and laws that non liberals passed on it which makes your argument completely irrelevant and ineffective, or do you want to attempt to change topics to something else that merits the exact same behavior as attempts to pass bills has been applied in the exact same sense?  Your call.  You are going to end up looking like an ass in either case.

hahah given enough time the two parties have been on either side of any give issue. I dont see how that is relevant to the current dishonest and idiotic liberal progressive tactics they are using to try and push their agenda.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Yeah. Exactly like that.

Did those people youre speaking of stand on the graves of little children and ram legislation through before rational, logical thinking and cooler heads could prevail?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
Did those people youre speaking of stand on the graves of little children and ram legislation through before rational, logical thinking and cooler heads could prevail?

Did they on the ones you are speaking of? 

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

We all know you will never father kids but maybe people who does wants them to not get shot?