Author Topic: My new bodybuilding routine, comments welcome  (Read 2531 times)

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
My new bodybuilding routine, comments welcome
« on: July 16, 2014, 12:22:29 AM »
I'd like to put on about 10 pounds of (muscle)mass before the end of the year and I've worked out a bodybuilding routine that I believe will get the job done.

Days: 2. The whole body once a week, with my schedule I will not find time to work out more than that, besides there's so much else I rather be doing, the benefit of working out more does not outweight the benefit of working out less.

Sets: no more than 3, there is no evidence of any benefit doing more than 3 sets, I'm quite confident that 3 sets will be more than plenty to fire off all musclefibers and put my body into full beast mode.

Reps: about 8-10, maybe slightly higher for shoulders to avoid possible injury (a proven rep range that works well for Ronnie Coleman and plenty of others) no need to go neither higher or lower if you're looking for adding mass.

Intensity: is overrated. Instead I will focus on mind/muscle connection and working the actual muscle, no need for going to failure, drop sets, giant sets, forced reps etc all that is just made up stories to sell articles and books and have no scientific base. At least not for putting on MASS, remember, mass not strength, there's a difference.

Sundays:

Lat pulldowns - a good proven exercise that will add width and dimension to your back. Sure I could do chins or pull ups but they're quite hard to do and uncomfortable, besides there's no evidence that they would be all that superior.
Rows pulley - every professional bodybuilder does them.
Incline bench in the smith machine - there's really no evidence of any benefit of the incline to a flat bench but it feels nice to lay down in the incline position. Smith makes me work out on my own.
Machine Lateral Raises - lateral raises is probably the singled most important exercises for overall shoulder development, front delts get targeted on the incline so no need for that.
Machine flyes - debatable if flyes does anything, but it kinda feels nice as a finisher.
Smith machine shrugs - it's fun to do.

Mondays

Leg press - a superior leg exercise to pretty much anything else.
Lying legcurls - for complete hamstring development.
Seated calves - all the way down, all the way up, no jerking and most important - do it barefoot.
Standing calves - see above.
Biceps curl barbell - science proves that 1 exercise for biceps is enough, however not all exercises hits all parts of the biceps. This one does. Do not use a too wide or too narrow grip or the whole bicep will not be targeted.
Triceps pushdown - most excersises seems to target all three heads of the triceps, however some like the overhead dumbbell puts a lot of stress on the elbows and should be avoided for that reason.

That's pretty much it. I reckon a typical workout will take about 45 minutes so 90 minutes all together per week. This should be do-able and as we know, the best workout is the once that actually gets done.

Simple Simon

Re: My new bodybuilding routine, comments welcome
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 12:37:07 AM »
can someone please remove this nonsense to the relevant section?

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 12:41:17 AM »
I see you got blue stars Simon, are you currently working out with a routine similar to mine?

Simple Simon

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 12:42:47 AM »
Jeez, not another junior gimmick.

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 12:44:00 AM »
I'd like to put on about 10 pounds of (muscle)mass before the end of the year and I've worked out a bodybuilding routine that I believe will get the job done.

Days: 2. The whole body once a week, with my schedule I will not find time to work out more than that, besides there's so much else I rather be doing, the benefit of working out more does not outweight the benefit of working out less.

Sets: no more than 3, there is no evidence of any benefit doing more than 3 sets, I'm quite confident that 3 sets will be more than plenty to fire off all musclefibers and put my body into full beast mode.

Reps: about 8-10, maybe slightly higher for shoulders to avoid possible injury (a proven rep range that works well for Ronnie Coleman and plenty of others) no need to go neither higher or lower if you're looking for adding mass.

Intensity: is overrated. Instead I will focus on mind/muscle connection and working the actual muscle, no need for going to failure, drop sets, giant sets, forced reps etc all that is just made up stories to sell articles and books and have no scientific base. At least not for putting on MASS, remember, mass not strength, there's a difference.

Sundays:

Lat pulldowns - a good proven exercise that will add width and dimension to your back. Sure I could do chins or pull ups but they're quite hard to do and uncomfortable, besides there's no evidence that they would be all that superior.
Incline bench in the smith machine - there's really no evidence of any benefit of the incline to a flat bench but it feels nice to lay down in the incline position. Smith makes me work out on my own.
Machine Lateral Raises - lateral raises is probably the singled most important exercises for overall shoulder development, front delts get targeted on the incline so no need for that.
Machine flyes - debatable if flyes does anything, but it kinda feels nice as a finisher.

Mondays

Seated calves - all the way down, all the way up, no jerking and most important - do it barefoot.
Biceps curl barbell - science proves that 1 exercise for biceps is enough, however not all exercises hits all parts of the biceps. This one does. Do not use a too wide or too narrow grip or the whole bicep will not be targeted.
Triceps pushdown - most excersises seems to target all three heads of the triceps, however some like the overhead dumbbell puts a lot of stress on the elbows and should be avoided for that reason.

That's pretty much it. I reckon a typical workout will take about 45 minutes so 90 minutes all together per week. This should be do-able and as we know, the best workout is the once that actually gets done.

What day of the week do you go down to the pier and give blow jobs to the Ugandan sailors?
P

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 12:48:03 AM »
What day of the week do you go down to the pier and give blow jobs to the Ugandan sailors?

What day is best?

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2014, 02:58:01 AM »
Looks like a horrible routine.. HTH...

SUN:

Bench
Deadlift
Anything else

MON:

Squat
Shoulder Press
Anything else

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2014, 03:07:38 AM »
Looks like a horrible routine.. HTH...

SUN:

Bench
Deadlift
Anything else

MON:

Squat
Shoulder Press
Anything else

Looks like a bunch of far more technically advanced, more demanding, unneccesary less fun and potentially more dangerous exercises there.
But thanks for your opinion but I will stick to my, in my way of thinking, more superior routine.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2014, 03:11:06 AM »
What's with the flood of gimmick retards lately?

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2014, 03:23:48 AM »
What's with the flood of gimmick retards lately?
Junior is bored.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2014, 03:36:57 AM »
Junior is bored.

But Ron keeps approving them. Maybe he should go back to his normal non-approval mode since 99.9% of the new member requests are for gimmicks. Just flush the queue.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2014, 03:41:10 AM »
But Ron keeps approving them. Maybe he should go back to his normal non-approval mode since 99.9% of the new member requests are for gimmicks. Just flush the queue.

ron approves them in batches they gradually get whittled down

shizzo, josh and junior try and register 99.9 percent of the new accounts

you get the odd decent one like skorpio among the shit
T

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2014, 04:16:38 AM »
ron approves them in batches they gradually get whittled down

shizzo, josh and junior try and register 99.9 percent of the new accounts

you get the odd decent one like skorpio among the shit

GB can saw through a few at a time, but when Ron approves hundreds that are all gimmicks, he tires out the organic immune response that the GB membership can provide. He is actively poisoning his own creation. Soon the real members, most of whom have real lives, will tire of fighting and just go away again.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2014, 04:18:48 AM »
GB can saw through a few at a time, but when Ron approves hundreds that are all gimmicks, he tires out the organic immune response that the GB membership can provide. He is actively poisoning his own creation. Soon the real members, most of whom have real lives, will tire of fighting and just go away again.

yep if shizzo and wlfox get a foothold here again

im out I simply don't enjoy the forum when I have to wade through their crap
T

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2014, 04:54:16 AM »

Sundays:

Mondays

nearly choked on my chedder cheese biscuit when i read this... FFS get a life  ::)

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2014, 10:32:53 AM »
nearly choked on my chedder cheese biscuit when i read this... FFS get a life  ::)

I thought I was, imagine getting your ideal physique by just 90 minutes of workout per week and not busting your ass in the gym, hell hardly breaking a sweat. I think it can be done.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2014, 10:49:27 AM »
 ;D
F

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2014, 12:58:57 PM »
Im on the fence here... working my whole body one a week spread out over 2 days would be good, but getting to work my whole body twice a week spread over 2 days would be even better... the downside here is that wouldnt allow me to work out two days in a row rather spread it out over the week and I like to get it over with, still for the extra gains this might lead to it might be worth it.

Ive yet to decide.

the trainer

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2014, 03:23:05 PM »
Im on the fence here... working my whole body one a week spread out over 2 days would be good, but getting to work my whole body twice a week spread over 2 days would be even better... the downside here is that wouldnt allow me to work out two days in a row rather spread it out over the week and I like to get it over with, still for the extra gains this might lead to it might be worth it.

Ive yet to decide.