Author Topic: The shredded physique of Robert Downey JR  (Read 3047 times)

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
The shredded physique of Robert Downey JR
« on: July 16, 2014, 12:51:45 AM »
I am quite impressed with the physique of Robert Downey JR and I know some people will say he doesnt have a lot of muscle and it's easy to obtain a physique like that and that's just the point! Wouldnt it be amazing to always be shredded like that, year round? And not have to bust your balls in the gym for it. I don't think steroids are neccessary to obtain a physique like that either so it's a very obtainable and safe look to go for. I also think 99% of the women (or men) would be MORE THAN SATISFIED with a man with such a physique.

Please also keep in mind that RDJ is no spring chicken, he's almost 50 years old and yet have a physique that put most guys bodies to shame half his age!

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
Re: The shredded physique of Robert Downey JR
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 02:06:25 AM »
Superior width

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 02:37:00 AM »
Yes I see your point that he's not very wide but is that really desirable? When I think of good looking men I rarely think of a man that's wide. Maybe being narrow is more desirable, if not now then maybe in the near future?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 02:41:44 AM »
I am quite impressed with the physique of Robert Downey JR and I know some people will say he doesnt have a lot of muscle and it's easy to obtain a physique like that and that's just the point! Wouldnt it be amazing to always be shredded like that, year round? And not have to bust your balls in the gym for it. I don't think steroids are neccessary to obtain a physique like that either so it's a very obtainable and safe look to go for. I also think 99% of the women (or men) would be MORE THAN SATISFIED with a man with such a physique.

Please also keep in mind that RDJ is no spring chicken, he's almost 50 years old and yet have a physique that put most guys bodies to shame half his age!

You realize that RDJ busts his ass in the gym, lifting (and I believe sparring as well, both grappling and boxing/kickboxing).

he turned his destructive addiction to the gym and working to keep himself sober and healthy and occupy his time/mind and  stimulate endorphine release without shooting heroin.

Ive done the same and I think Wes as well. Sometimes you gotta turn a negative addiction into a positive one.

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 02:49:38 AM »
You realize that RDJ busts his ass in the gym, lifting (and I believe sparring as well, both grappling and boxing/kickboxing).

he turned his destructive addiction to the gym and working to keep himself sober and healthy and occupy his time/mind endorphines.

Ive done the same and I think Wes as well. Sometimes you gotta turn a negative addiction into a positive one.

I didn't know that, but do you think it's necessary for obtaining the kind of physique displayed in the picture above? I would think it's more than anything about dieting.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 03:28:24 AM »
Yes I see your point that he's not very wide but is that really desirable? When I think of good looking men I rarely think of a man that's wide. Maybe being narrow is more desirable, if not now then maybe in the near future?

Naw man I like his physique to be frank

He is wider than a certain mr o. Wont name names though

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2014, 04:59:30 AM »
He won't look like this most of the year just for certain scenes in ironman or whatever movie hes in. No mass to speak of, basically just dieted down to reveal the abs. Skinny fat the rest of the time

C-BuZz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2014, 06:24:56 AM »
He won't look like this most of the year just for certain scenes in ironman or whatever movie hes in. No mass to speak of, basically just dieted down to reveal the abs. Skinny fat the rest of the time

Easy to look like that year round. Don't even need to lift just diet & cArdio.

Hth

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2014, 06:48:48 AM »
Gyno left nipple of peace...

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2014, 06:51:40 AM »
Being shredded is for those that want to be miserable

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2014, 06:51:51 AM »

he turned his destructive addiction to the gym and working to keep himself sober and healthy and occupy his time/mind and  stimulate endorphine release without shooting heroin.

Respect and Keep pumpin...

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2014, 06:57:37 AM »
I have tons of respect for this guy.  He came back from the brink of extinction after his drug/alcohol abuse and basically re-invented himself.  Props to him.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2014, 07:42:00 AM »
Monster triceps.

nasum

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2014, 07:46:54 AM »

I did something similar. I'm a doctor now but I used to be a drug addict hellbent on self-annihilation. I got arrested, ended up in hospital a few times, jumped off a roof. One time I fractured my fucking leg and was so high I didn't feel it. It seems almost impossible now, when I think about it, how I was like that and how I managed to turn things around for myself.

I was clinically depressed after coming off everything I was on for the best part of 5 years. Counselling, meds, CBT, you name it. They even wanted to put me on long term risperidone because I ended up in hospital and wrestled with a couple of police officers (because I was hallucinating pretty severely). I remember being in the police station 6 months later after the formal charges brought against me were dismissed and the case report read that I was screaming "I am shiva, god of darkness, and the darkness will consume you". Pretty fucking embarrassing.

Now I'm almost 30, and i've managed to realign my self-destructive compass to a bright and successful future.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2014, 07:52:19 AM »
The forearms bigger than upper arms look is in this year

D.O.U.P

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2014, 07:53:37 AM »
I did something similar. I'm a doctor now but I used to be a drug addict hellbent on self-annihilation. I got arrested, ended up in hospital a few times, jumped off a roof. One time I fractured my fucking leg and was so high I didn't feel it. It seems almost impossible now, when I think about it, how I was like that and how I managed to turn things around for myself.

I was clinically depressed after coming off everything I was on for the best part of 5 years. Counselling, meds, CBT, you name it. They even wanted to put me on long term risperidone because I ended up in hospital and wrestled with a couple of police officers (because I was hallucinating pretty severely). I remember being in the police station 6 months later after the formal charges brought against me were dismissed and the case report read that I was screaming "I am shiva, god of darkness, and the darkness will consume you". Pretty fucking embarrassing.

Now I'm almost 30, and i've managed to realign my self-destructive compass to a bright and successful future.

Excellent my man. You SHOULD be proud of yourself.  

The "Shiva" comment... wholly shite, I laughed out loud.

orion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2014, 08:25:02 AM »

Doc, can you hook some GB bros up with some pharma grade? ;D

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2014, 08:33:32 AM »
wider than heath

nasum

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2014, 09:02:33 AM »

Doc, can you hook some GB bros up with some pharma grade? ;D

Hah all the bodybuilders I know ask me that. I practice acute medicine at the moment so I only treat hospital inpatients.

I could give out a script, yes, but it would get me struck off the GMC register.

There as to be some semblance of a clinical indication. Hypothetically, I would need to own a private clinic to do so, so you could come to me with your hypogonadism. You could get a TRT script from a GP, but unfortunately no doctor who cares about his license to practice can dish out the supraphysiological amounts of test that bodybuilders require.

Pharma grade is overrated anyway. Good UGLs are more than enough for the recreational bodybuilder. And the best steroid isn't produced for any legal purposes (trenbolone).

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2014, 09:06:55 AM »
His width can be traced back to his 17th century great great great great grand dad...Sir Ronald Downey Heath Sr.

the trainer

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2014, 09:11:59 AM »

You are nothing but a lazy fuck looking for a short cut, you want to be ripped but you dont want to work for it, enjoy being fat sofa spud.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2014, 09:26:40 AM »

Somewhat similar story here... I was a middle class white kid that didn't do anything crazy until I started playing in metal bands.. I joined the military to get away from it, but when I got out it got 100x worse.. Meth and heroin were my poison. I won't go into the specifics as I've gone over them quite a bit on here, but it took me quite a while to get over it.

But now, I'm happily married, have a son, put myself through school and started a career at which I've moved upwards extremely quickly, and am just starting a new job that is going to pay me roughly 35% more than I was making.

We live simply but now we'll be able to live quite comfortably since my wife stays at home with our son. We live in an area where the cost of living is extremely high, so I'm quite content with where my life is now, compared to 7 years ago. I've replaced my addiction with the working out, and my wife is extremely supportive and is the best workout partner I've ever had.

nasum

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2014, 12:42:54 PM »
Somewhat similar story here... I was a middle class white kid that didn't do anything crazy until I started playing in metal bands.. I joined the military to get away from it, but when I got out it got 100x worse.. Meth and heroin were my poison. I won't go into the specifics as I've gone over them quite a bit on here, but it took me quite a while to get over it.

But now, I'm happily married, have a son, put myself through school and started a career at which I've moved upwards extremely quickly, and am just starting a new job that is going to pay me roughly 35% more than I was making.

We live simply but now we'll be able to live quite comfortably since my wife stays at home with our son. We live in an area where the cost of living is extremely high, so I'm quite content with where my life is now, compared to 7 years ago. I've replaced my addiction with the working out, and my wife is extremely supportive and is the best workout partner I've ever had.

I never tried heroin, but I probably would have done if I could have got my hands on it. I would snort or ingest/inject anything. If someone would have given crack cocaine I would have smoked it. As it was, I made do with a cocktail of cocaine, mdma, mdpv, morphine, naphyrone, methylone, mephedrone, amphetamines.....the list goes on. I went to the zoo one time off my tits on naphyrone and got kicked out trying to rip the sign off the warthog enclosure. It is funny in retrospect, but I was seriously fucking deranged for a while.

I'm glad you have a similar story of overcoming a dark past to embrace a bright and wholesome future. I think everyone goes through dark periods in their lives, makes mistakes, and through overcoming those trials we become more complete and better individuals. Similarly, I converted my dark desires into creative, successful ones. I used to struggle with women (possibly because I behaved like a psychopath). But now I live in a different area and have a great career to look forward to. Hell even got a girl who adores me, so the future is bright indeed.