Author Topic: No gym bags allowed in the gym ??  (Read 18967 times)

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: No gym bags allowed in the gym ??
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2014, 01:59:18 PM »
This is my gym bag, I carry a water jug, whey protein, creatine, multi vitamins, energy drink, gh, insulin, lifting belt, lifting gloves, straps, wraps for knees, wraps for elbows, extra workout shirt, and most important my disco thong.

Would be funny if walking from one machine to next a syringe falls out of the bag or a bottle of GH ...lol..

But seriously I think this is a battle I'm gonna lose ...

To go to another gym just to be told the same BS.

WoooSSHHH

HavoX

• Getbig IV
  • Shamed by thunderdome
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2014, 02:26:12 PM »
How will people know I'm huge if I don't have a gym bag??? ???

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2014, 02:27:07 PM »
How will people know I'm huge if I don't have a gym bag??? ???

Exactly my thoughts..... this new generation of 10,000 rules is impossible !

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2014, 02:28:19 PM »
and why is that?

Very simple, if you train with very heavy weights for years and years wrists wraps and belts are extremely helpful in avoiding injury.  I've personally used them for years and years and years.

Professional strength athletes, professional sports athletes, professional bodybuilders, professional strongmen, etc.... use them constantly.  

We attach this notion of weakness to wraps and belts, but the reality is when you're injured and could've used equipment that would've helped prevent injury that's when you sit on the sidelines and truly get weaker.

I stress fractured my right wrist twice 12 years ago due to consistent heavy weights....I had never used a wrap at that point.   Doctor recommended a wrap and I've never had another incident and only got stronger.

Simple Simon

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2014, 02:35:41 PM »
Very simple, if you train with very heavy weights for years and years wrists wraps and belts are extremely helpful in avoiding injury.  I've personally used them for years and years and years.

Professional strength athletes, professional sports athletes, professional bodybuilders, professional strongmen, etc.... use them constantly.  

We attach this notion of weakness to wraps and belts, but the reality is when you're injured and could've used equipment that would've helped prevent injury that's when you sit on the sidelines and truly get weaker.

I stress fractured my right wrist twice 12 years ago due to consistent heavy weights....I had never used a wrap at that point.   Doctor recommended a wrap and I've never had another incident and only got stronger.
Doctor should have told you to stop lifting things that were too heavy for you.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2014, 02:39:15 PM »
Calling PF a 'gym'? ::)

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2014, 02:50:52 PM »

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2014, 02:54:50 PM »
The funniest are guys over the age of 25 who carry a gym bag from machine to machine with their arms pushed tight against their side to make it appear that their arms are bigger than they are. All the while going with ILS(Imaginery Lat syndrome). I get it if you're under 25, but people in their 30s and 40's showing this type of insecurity need to be put in a padded room...

the trainer

« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2014, 03:05:13 PM »

You are wrong if you lift without straps it improve your grip strength.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2014, 03:09:59 PM »

I had all sorts of back trouble and always wore a belt.  Someone told me it is probably hurting me more than helping so I stopped and it took a little to get used to but since then my back never had any more issues.

That_Dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2014, 03:11:36 PM »
What kills me are the guys who bring their whole jug of protein powder or the whole can of pre-workout stuff, instead of just carrying one serving of each that they need for their workout.

Then they go on to spill more of it on the gym counter than they actually consume because of trying to use the large plastic scoops to put the powder into the opening on a regular plastic water bottle. ::)

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • significantly cheaper and federally legal
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2014, 03:13:22 PM »
"Equipment" (oh brother) of any sort, belts wraps shirts etc. are a way of lifting heavier weights than you otherwise could unequipped.

Anyone arguing that they are for injury prevention is using a very shaky definition of injury.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2014, 03:15:59 PM »
Another typical thing you will see:

Guy lifts too-heavy weight with shite herky-jerky form, gets injured, puts on a wrap or something and lifts the same weight, claims the wrap prevents injury.

Core

• Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2014, 03:16:26 PM »
Doctor should have told you to stop lifting things that were too heavy for you.

Right? The key words in his posts include the word 'heavy'. Heavy weights don't do anything but cause injuries and boost inflated egos of people who think others really care how much they can bench or squat.

I use 135 or 155 for incline bench on chest day I have no shame in admitting that. I also have no shame in telling you my elbows wrists and shoulders are quite intact and very healthy. Nor have I ever torn a muscle anywhere on my body. I don't even own a pair of wrist wraps or any other lifting equipment except a belt; but I have no idea where it is I haven't used it in so long.

I laugh at the idiots I see in every gym I've ever been to that think lifting more means they'll look better or be bigger. Personally, I think it's HILARIOUS to see some skinny idiot curling the 40s or 50s with his 13 inch arms, then go work in next to him and use the 20s or even the 15s and watch the look on his face as he realizes the guy with 30lbs more muscle than him is training his arms with half the weight he is.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2014, 03:18:59 PM »
Right? The key words in his posts include the word 'heavy'. Heavy weights don't do anything but cause injuries and boost inflated egos of people who think others really care how much they can bench or squat.

I use 135 or 155 for incline bench on chest day I have no shame in admitting that. I also have no shame in telling you my elbows wrists and shoulders are quite intact and very healthy. Nor have I ever torn a muscle anywhere on my body. I don't even own a pair of wrist wraps or any other lifting equipment except a belt; but I have no idea where it is I haven't used it in so long.

I laugh at the idiots I see in every gym I've ever been to that think lifting more means they'll look better or be bigger. Personally, I think it's HILARIOUS to see some skinny idiot curling the 40s or 50s with his 13 inch arms, then go work in next to him and use the 20s or even the 15s and watch the look on his face as he realizes the guy with 30lbs more muscle than him is training his arms with half the weight he is.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2014, 03:24:02 PM »
Posh shop in North Sydney sells brass made dumbells from 1 - 5kg ,who would not snap 1 if gym have them  ;)

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2014, 03:25:43 PM »
I use to carry stuff like wrist straps, neck strap harness, dipping belt and a workout journal.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2014, 03:31:16 PM »
Good every day rule, easy to maintain without a ton of stuff

I carry 3 resistance bands
Wrist wraps
Wrist straps
my own Freemotion handles to attach to Hammer Strength machines so they don't hurt my shoulder
Chalk
Duct tape for taping DBs together
Camera
Wallet because Urban Youth jimmy the lockers all the time
Clips, because they always get stolen so I bring my own

I lift everything super slowly with a squeeze or pause for 8-15 reps.. so there goes the theory of gym bag users 'lifting too much weight'

HavoX

• Getbig IV
  • Shamed by thunderdome
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2014, 03:56:28 PM »
Good every day rule, easy to maintain without a ton of stuff

I carry 3 resistance bands
Wrist wraps
Wrist straps
my own Freemotion handles to attach to Hammer Strength machines so they don't hurt my shoulder
Chalk
Duct tape for taping DBs together
Camera
Wallet because Urban Youth jimmy the lockers all the time
Clips, because they always get stolen so I bring my own

I lift everything super slowly with a squeeze or pause for 8-15 reps.. so there goes the theory of gym bag users 'lifting too much weight'

Say what now with the duct tape, Mr. Titus?

Core

• Getbig III
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2014, 04:10:04 PM »

Haha very serious bro! The key is to not rest more than 20-30 seconds and instead of gripping the bar conventionally just let it rest on your palms right in line with where your forearm connects to your hand at the wrist; use your fingers to lightly press the bar into your palm like this to prevent it slipping out. This will help to remove the forearms and some of the triceps from the movement, also bring the bar to your collar bones, bring it down slowly and push it up slowly as well using a full range of motion and controlled movements. Do this with any kind of pressing movement for chest, works really well with machine presses as well.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2014, 04:23:54 PM »
Say what now with the duct tape, Mr. Titus?

I do a lot of goblet squats (since I need hip surgery and there's not much else I can do until I get it done next month) and 120lb really isn't enough. So I put one DB on top of another and duct tape them together to add extra weight.

Also for DB rows, since I can do the 120's for 25+ with textbook form I usually duct tape a few 5lb plates on each end to make them heavier.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2014, 04:29:38 PM »
I do a lot of goblet squats (since I need hip surgery and there's not much else I can do until I get it done next month) and 120lb really isn't enough. So I put one DB on top of another and duct tape them together to add extra weight.

Also for DB rows, since I can do the 120's for 25+ with textbook form I usually duct tape a few 5lb plates on each end to make them heavier.

Haha, I remember when I had to chain a 5-lb plate to the 85-lb DB to do rows since it was the heaviest DB in my school's little gym.  I thought I was a real badass :D

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2014, 05:59:29 PM »
Years ago I used to let guys carry dumbbells up the steps to the gym. Good exercise. One day three of those light dumbbells disappeared. That was the end of that exercise.

Over the years we have had protein cans disappear, a belt with rings to attach weight for dips and chins, various small plates, pins, and handles.

It would be good to have a metal detector to prevent theft. Maybe blokes hand small weights through a window?

Lots of guys have home gyms. The handles I make are stainless and custom built and polished. You can't buy these handles in stainless that I have seen. One day one

went missing. I wasn't pleased. I custom build the weight stack pins, too. Special hard steel pins that won't bend or rust with stainless tops plus polyurethane so there is no metal to metal contact.

You can't buy pins like these. My standard for gym equipment is high. Things have to last and last.

So we started the gym rule of no bags taken along in the gym. We provide secure lockers for valuables and a gym bag. You have to pay

for these as they were very expensive to buy. $90,000 for three banks that are controlled by a computer. This is a hard rule to enforce with muscleheads. Ditto the rule about having

a large towel so that no sweat or skin touches the upholstery. I need a split bamboo stick to help enforce these rules!

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2014, 06:07:48 PM »
Fuck gym bags, I don't even wear clothes!

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2014, 08:44:19 PM »
I don't lug them around in the gym but I don't see why they would be banned.  After all, they are called fucking "gym bags".  If you can't use a gym bag at the gym, where the fuck can you use them?  Fascists everywhere in this country now.  They get off on rules and regulations.