Author Topic: Are there any proof of pros bringing up their calves/forearms  (Read 3796 times)

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
Dorians calves was probably bout the same his whole life, I bet he didnt work them much if at all, he says his father got the same size calves.

Lee Priest never worked his forearms, well for some magazine photos but other than that, no.

So the question is, are there any proof of any pro that has been able to bring up their calves and/or forearms in a big way? Maybe Arnold? Have you compared arnolds kids with him in his younger years?

If the pros cant bring up their calves/forearms then there's little hope for the rest of us.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
Re: Are there any proof of pros bringing up their calves/forearms
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 04:41:50 AM »
I look idiotic. My Popeye forearms are close to the same circumference as my calves  :-X

#TeamLongPants

warez4gold

• Getbig III
  • Awesome size! Look'n THICK, SOLID, TIGHT!
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 04:44:44 AM »
i've seen videos in which lee priest was working his forearms directly. i believe that he has naturally good forearm genetics. my forearms are big and i've never trained them directly. they are bigger than my biceps, much bigger, and my CEPS aren't even that small. i've also increased my calf size significantly in the last month.

but alas, you asked about the pros

pretty sure LEE PRIEST is just genetically gifted in all aspects (except height) and dorian just trained his calves often

SomeKindofMonster

• Getbig III
  • RC is SomeKindOfMonster
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 05:55:45 AM »
If you look at Flex Wheeler younger or retired his forearms
are quite thin but very respectable at his biggest.

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2014, 02:47:31 PM »
If you look at Flex Wheeler younger or retired his forearms
are quite thin but very respectable at his biggest.

lol.. yes, thats called drug use... and then later, synthol.

during his career he "grew his calves" using synthol/implants..

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 12:41:04 AM »
Doesnt have to be pros, its just easier to compare pictures etc and verify but any personal stories welcome as well.

When it comes to forearms there might be people doing gripwork that been able to get them up I would imagine.

luckyone

• Getbig II
  • 64 years young
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2014, 01:08:45 AM »
I had NO, zero, ZIP, nada forearms for a long time. Direct forearm work never seemed to do the trick, but when I started using HEAVY DUMBELLS for most of my workouts, they finally started to grow!

Not a pro, but if I could do it, anyone can, just keep at it.

your brother in Christ,

Lucky

luckyone

• Getbig II
  • 64 years young
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2014, 01:11:59 AM »
For inspiration: HAZBIN!

They don't come any better than that.

SomeKindofMonster

• Getbig III
  • RC is SomeKindOfMonster
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2014, 01:45:24 AM »
lol.. yes, thats called drug use... and then later, synthol.

during his career he "grew his calves" using synthol/implants..

Yes and as he got bigger his forearms grew proportionately.
His question was not - Do you know a Natural who?

Did I mention calves?
Hard to post here with replies like this.
I hate explaining myself to grown men like they are
children.

HonestBob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2014, 02:35:27 AM »
The answer is yes.

Years ago I knew a guy who turned pro and brought his calves up massively.  They still lagged because of their shape (black genes) but I suspect he added 2-3 inches in a year.  Real muscle as well.

Forearm progress in pros...unlikely as they get the stimulus (training plus drugs) in their progression up the ranks.

Calves a lot of people skip so when it gets serious they can turn things up a notch.

smoothasf

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2014, 03:25:18 AM »
I think the dumbbell thing makes sense, my forearms are skinny now but when.I was younger I constantly arm wrestled and my forearms were very thick.  Motorcross riders usually have thick forearms too, I think it's from hours of constant pressure.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2014, 03:31:00 AM »
Dorians calves was probably bout the same his whole life, I bet he didnt work them much if at all, he says his father got the same size calves.

Lee Priest never worked his forearms, well for some magazine photos but other than that, no.

So the question is, are there any proof of any pro that has been able to bring up their calves and/or forearms in a big way? Maybe Arnold? Have you compared arnolds kids with him in his younger years?

If the pros cant bring up their calves/forearms then there's little hope for the rest of us.

Lee Priest working forearms

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2014, 04:15:14 AM »
I had NO, zero, ZIP, nada forearms for a long time. Direct forearm work never seemed to do the trick, but when I started using HEAVY DUMBELLS for most of my workouts, they finally started to grow!

your brother in Christ,

Lucky

Those are some freaky guns right there. :o

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2014, 05:46:30 AM »
We have the proof, but the GB data library is a fucking mess, as some of the newer mods here have a sense of entitlement and haven't cleaned up their shit.
Y

Bosch

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2014, 05:50:05 AM »
Answering the topic question - no, there is no proof of radical changes of already established physique. And not only calves or forearms, but everything else too.
If individual is juiced to the gills and has any serious flaw, there is no way how he can completely fix it (not talking about synthol-like compounds now).

You can check various theories on muscle growth (most about that muscle cells number is predetermined, only their size can change) and it will become apparent that there is nothing you can do with lagging muscle if you already train it, use gear and that doesn't work. All the possible changes are minor, but sometimes they are enough to make weak bodypart more visually pleasing (i.e fuller) and kinda improve overall look.

Theories aside, example from real life - below is a bb who (often said) improved a lot.
But does he really changed that much for almost ten years of juicing and training?
The same goes with Heath, Wolf, etc. To me they look almost identical every year since their first Olympia.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2014, 06:58:22 AM »
Calves are 100% genetically determined. If you are like me and born with only shins and no calf muscle belly to speak of, no amount of training will 'give you calves'. Guys like dorian already had the genetic diamond shape there to begin with. Calves were the first thing i ever trained...i literally did every exercise under the sun, anything i could to make them grow. Id get so sore i couldnt stretch my foot out and couldnt walk right for days cause my calves were so sore. To this day, they look exactly the same. Just shins.

Look at guys like ronnie or wolf...these are pro bbers who do nothing but work on building muscles all day long, have all the trainers and drugs in the world, and their calves never improved.

Omega

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2014, 07:28:17 AM »
Calves are 100% genetically determined. If you are like me and born with only shins and no calf muscle belly to speak of, no amount of training will 'give you calves'. Guys like dorian already had the genetic diamond shape there to begin with. Calves were the first thing i ever trained...i literally did every exercise under the sun, anything i could to make them grow. Id get so sore i couldnt stretch my foot out and couldnt walk right for days cause my calves were so sore. To this day, they look exactly the same. Just shins.

Look at guys like ronnie or wolf...these are pro bbers who do nothing but work on building muscles all day long, have all the trainers and drugs in the world, and their calves never improved.

I am the same with high inserts and its the only thing which wont grow.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2014, 08:34:25 AM »

your brother in Christ,

Lucky
Nice arm, bro. I agree dumbells and lots of other arm work, barbell curls, preachers, hammer curls etc. Squeezing stimulates the forearms. Small wrists also help the illusion of making the forearms look bigger.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2014, 08:54:47 AM »

your brother in Christ,

Lucky
your brother in christ is on steroids.

sean

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2014, 08:58:11 AM »
My calves have only been at their best when regular heavy squating was i n place. That was 10 reps+ with the heavies weight I could tolerate with spotter standing by type squating.