Author Topic: Israel and Gaza - discussion  (Read 6059 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Re: Israel and Gaza - discussion
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2014, 11:09:19 AM »
Maybe because Israel is going too far?  

That doesn't make sense to me though. The mainstream media has shown us that they have no problem pursuing unethical/boarderline evil agendas before.

Is it because they just tell people what they want to hear/ratings?

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2014, 07:48:16 PM »
I agree. Israel has gone too far.

To level the playing field, the IDF should indiscriminately execute Israeli citizens on a daily basis until the death toll on both sides is proportional.

Once that occurs, the Palestinians will lay down their weapons and agree to a permanent cease fire.

::)

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2014, 02:13:01 AM »
I agree. Israel has gone too far.

To level the playing field, the IDF should indiscriminately execute Israeli citizens on a daily basis until the death toll on both sides is proportional.

Once that occurs, the Palestinians will lay down their weapons and agree to a permanent cease fire.

::)

I see.  Hey, if you get the time, maybe you'd like to give your rationale for why the IDF's actions ARE justified. 

So as to stay on subject, though, please include why you think such a large percentage of the US public seems to disagree (with the notion that the IDF's actions are justified), could ya?

The article below, from www.theamericanconservat ive.com, might be of interest:

Gaza and U.S. Public Opinion
By Daniel Larison • July 24, 2014, 5:59 PM

Gallup finds that Americans are split on the question of whether Israel’s actions in Gaza have been justified or not. Overall, 42% say that they are justified, 39% say they are not, and 20% have no opinion. These results are comparable to a Gallup poll taken during the second intifada twelve years ago, but there are slightly more on the ‘unjustified’ side than there were then.
It is striking how evenly divided the public is on this question when there is total uniformity among political leaders in the U.S. that Israel is justified in what it has been doing. There is always a significant gap between popular and elite views on foreign policy issues, but it is still fairly unusual for a view held by almost 40% of Americans to have virtually no representation in Congress.

More here:
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/larison/gaza-and-u-s-public-opinion/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=gaza-and-u-s-public-opinion

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2014, 07:04:00 AM »
I see.  Hey, if you get the time, maybe you'd like to give your rationale for why the IDF's actions ARE justified. 

So as to stay on subject, though, please include why you think such a large percentage of the US public seems to disagree (with the notion that the IDF's actions are justified), could ya?

The article below, from www.theamericanconservat ive.com, might be of interest:

Gaza and U.S. Public Opinion
By Daniel Larison • July 24, 2014, 5:59 PM

Gallup finds that Americans are split on the question of whether Israel’s actions in Gaza have been justified or not. Overall, 42% say that they are justified, 39% say they are not, and 20% have no opinion. These results are comparable to a Gallup poll taken during the second intifada twelve years ago, but there are slightly more on the ‘unjustified’ side than there were then.
It is striking how evenly divided the public is on this question when there is total uniformity among political leaders in the U.S. that Israel is justified in what it has been doing. There is always a significant gap between popular and elite views on foreign policy issues, but it is still fairly unusual for a view held by almost 40% of Americans to have virtually no representation in Congress.

More here:
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/larison/gaza-and-u-s-public-opinion/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=gaza-and-u-s-public-opinion

The public stopped being represented about 150 years ago.......
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2014, 09:05:06 AM »
From the Hamas Covenant:

'Israel will exist and  will  continue  to  exist  until  Islam  will

obliterate it, just as it obliterated others before it.'

http://fas.org/irp/world/para/docs/880818a.htm

Why the heck are we supporting Hamas at all? 

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2014, 01:10:54 AM »

Why the heck are we supporting Hamas at all? 

Well I don't know about supporting Hamas specifically, but if the question is why are we supporting Palestine, then the answer is easy:  It's because if their women can look like the gorgeous creature in this video then it's imperative that we stand against Israel's genocidal intentions with regard to Palestine.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2014, 12:58:54 PM »
Well I don't know about supporting Hamas specifically, but if the question is why are we supporting Palestine, then the answer is easy:  It's because if their women can look like the gorgeous creature in this video then it's imperative that we stand against Israel's genocidal intentions with regard to Palestine.

Focus.  My question was not why we support "Palestine."  My question was why we support Hamas at all.  

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2014, 12:23:00 AM »
Focus.  My question was not why we support "Palestine."  My question was why we support Hamas at all.  

Look, old man, your libido might be gone, but mine isn't.  ;D

Come to think about it, who cares about your question (other than to use it as a segue to introduce this video)?  It's not up to you where the conversation goes.  You aren't even the OP, so go pound sand or something, why don't ya?

And, anyway, it's not like the vid has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.  Quite the contrary, actually.  

I think that looking at and listening to this exotically beautiful Palestinian woman discuss less talked about aspects of the Israel/Gaza conflict is more interesting than your overly simple question and I'm betting that others here feel the same way.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2014, 11:34:11 AM »
Look, old man, your libido might be gone, but mine isn't.  ;D

Come to think about it, who cares about your question (other than to use it as a segue to introduce this video)?  It's not up to you where the conversation goes.  You aren't even the OP, so go pound sand or something, why don't ya?

And, anyway, it's not like the vid has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.  Quite the contrary, actually.  

I think that looking at and listening to this exotically beautiful Palestinian woman discuss less talked about aspects of the Israel/Gaza conflict is more interesting than your overly simple question and I'm betting that others here feel the same way.  

Look Simpleton Simon, if you don't like my responses then don't engage me. 

But I get that you are probably a Hamas sympathizer. 

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2014, 01:24:02 PM »
Amos 9:15
New International Version (NIV)

15 I will plant Israel in their own land,
    never again to be uprooted
    from the land I have given them,”
says the Lord your God.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2014, 02:26:15 AM »
Look Simpleton Simon, if you don't like my responses then don't engage me. 

But I get that you are probably a Hamas sympathizer. 

LOL.

Look my post-menopausal friend, this is a discussion board so if I don't like your simple-minded questions, I'm going to say so. 
If you have a problem with that, feel free to let me know.

Here's my question:  When it comes to the conflict between Israel and Palestine, are you dumber than Sean Hannity? 

Hmmm, many here have taken your measure, but what about Sean?:

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2014, 05:35:50 AM »
Trying to appear intelligent by posting a video of Russell Brand= Brutal self ownage

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2014, 09:01:25 AM »
Trying to appear intelligent by posting a video of Russell Brand= Brutal self ownage

LOL!  Isn't this the guy who was fired after showing up for work dressed as Bin Laden after the 911 terrorist attacks? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2014, 09:02:40 AM »
LOL.

Look my post-menopausal friend, this is a discussion board so if I don't like your simple-minded questions, I'm going to say so. 
If you have a problem with that, feel free to let me know.

Here's my question:  When it comes to the conflict between Israel and Palestine, are you dumber than Sean Hannity? 

Hmmm, many here have taken your measure, but what about Sean?:

Still laughing . . . .

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: July 31, 2014, 10:26:27 AM »

I can understand if you think Russell Brand is less than an intellectual but is he dumber than Hannity? 

I think not. 

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2014, 10:29:14 AM »
Still laughing . . . .

Bugs Bunny? 

Dude, how old are you?

No wonder you seem out-of-touch despite living in the West.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: July 31, 2014, 10:33:26 AM »
Bugs Bunny? 

Dude, how old are you?

No wonder you seem out-of-touch despite living in the West.

Bugs is the man.  And yes, you are maroon.   :)

Still laughing . . .  ;D

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: July 31, 2014, 10:35:40 AM »
Bugs is the man.  And yes, you are maroon.   :)

Still laughing . . .  ;D

Preferable to your normal sour attitude, so carry on, I say.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #68 on: August 05, 2014, 03:45:46 PM »
Maybe because Israel is going too far?  

For me, it's Israel's blatant PR campaign that grates.  

Personally, as a half-portagee from CA, I have no dog in this fight so I'm apt to take the view of some others that when the powerful and the not-so-powerful clash militarily then the weaker side is gonna likely to get smashed.  It's not pleasant but it's nothing new.  

What offends me and motivates me to weigh in on this old and complicated conflict which involves plenty of blame for both sides is not the military action of Israel (which I find fairly unremarkable) but the fact that they're simultaneously conducting a full-scale PR campaign to paint themselves as innocent victims while giving a lopsided beating to Palestine.  It's offensive to me because it's so heavy-handed that it seems to bespeak of an utter lack of respect for their PR campaign's intended audience.  (Translation:  They must think all Americans are a bunch of fucking retards to buy what they're selling.)

Rant over, lol.

LOL, I knew there was a reason I liked you. RRKore  ;)

Yep, that's exactly what they think, ...and for the most part, with a few exceptions (like you) they're right!

Just reading some of the responses in this thread is proof positive of that.

It's not very often I get to say the Israelis are right, ...and mean it. Thank You for that RRKore.  :P   :-*

w

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #69 on: August 06, 2014, 07:18:10 AM »
HAMAS is the sole reason for this conflict. They are the sole reason for the dead "palestinians".

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #70 on: August 06, 2014, 08:24:22 PM »
HAMAS is the sole reason for this conflict. They are the sole reason for the dead "palestinians".

That's odd. I was under the impression the Palestinians were dying because of the bombs being dropped on them by Israeli fighters. Didn't realize it was Hamas bombing crowded supermarkets, hospitals, schools, and refugee centres. Thanks for clearing that up.  ::)  ::)
w

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #71 on: August 07, 2014, 05:53:45 AM »

That's odd. I was under the impression the Palestinians were dying because of the bombs being dropped on them by Israeli fighters. Didn't realize it was Hamas bombing crowded supermarkets, hospitals, schools, and refugee centres. Thanks for clearing that up.  ::)  ::)

If stupidity was a crime, you would get the electric chair.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #72 on: August 07, 2014, 06:00:20 AM »

That's odd. I was under the impression the Palestinians were dying because of the bombs being dropped on them by Israeli fighters. Didn't realize it was Hamas bombing crowded supermarkets, hospitals, schools, and refugee centres. Thanks for clearing that up.  ::)  ::)

In other words you are an idiot who excuses the actions of a terrorrist organization that is SOLELY responsible for the death of its own people. Interesting how you didn't post any comments in the last 5 years about the "palestinians" and Hamas shooting rockets into Israel with the intent of killing any Jew.

I believe you would be very happy if the "palestinians" killed every Jew. Do you anti-semite much?

No matter how many perverted responses you come up with from here on out, you can't deny this evidence:

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: August 07, 2014, 09:13:50 AM »

Clearly the words of someone who hasn't been paying attention.