Author Topic: Companies with the worst customer service  (Read 1027 times)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Companies with the worst customer service
« on: July 18, 2014, 06:22:20 PM »
Ranker.com, a platform that produces thousands of crowd sourced answers to opinion-based questions, collected nearly 14,000 votes on what people think are the companies with the worst customer service.

10. Ticketmaster
Ticketmaster Entertainment, Inc. is an American ticket sales and distribution company based in West Hollywood, California, USA, with operations in many countries around the world.

9. Gold's Gym
Gold's Gym International, Inc. is an American chain of international co-ed fitness centers originally started in California by Joe Gold. Each gym features a wide array of exercise equipment, group exercise classes and personal trainers to assist clients. Its headquarters are in Irving, Texas.

8. Best Buy
The Best Buy Company, Inc. is an American multinational consumer electronics corporation headquartered in Richfield, Minnesota. It operates in the United States, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Canada, and China. The company was founded by Richard M. Schulze and Gary Smoliak in 1966 as an audio specialty store; in 1983, it was renamed and rebranded with more emphasis placed on consumer electronics.

7. CitiBank
Citibank is the consumer banking division of financial services multinational Citigroup. Citibank was founded in 1812 as the City Bank of New York, later First National City Bank of New York. As of March 2010, Citigroup is the third largest bank holding company in the United States by total assets, after Bank of America and JPMorgan Chase.

6. Comcast
Comcast Corporation is the largest mass media and communications company in the world by revenue. It is the largest cable company and home Internet service provider in the United States, and the nation's third largest home telephone service provider.

5. American Airlines
American Airlines, Inc. is a major U.S. airline headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas. It operates an extensive international and domestic network, with scheduled flights throughout North America, the Caribbean, South America, Europe, and Asia. Its route network centers around five "cornerstone" hubs in Dallas/Fort Worth, New York, Los Angeles, Miami, and Chicago.

4. Walmart
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., branded as Walmart, is an American multinational retail corporation that runs chains of large discount department stores and warehouse stores. The company is the world's second largest public corporation, according to the Fortune Global 500 list in 2013, the biggest private employer in the world with over two million employees, and is the largest retailer in the world.

3. Bank of America
The Bank of America Corporation is an American multinational banking and financial services corporation headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina. It is the second largest bank holding company in the United States by assets. As of 2010, Bank of America is the fifth-largest company in the United States by total revenue.

2. AT&T
AT&T Inc. is an American multinational telecommunications corporation, headquartered at Whitacre Tower in downtown Dallas, Texas. AT&T is the largest provider both of mobile telephony and of fixed telephony in the United States, and also provides broadband subscription television services. AT&T is the third-largest company in Texas.

1. Time Warner Cable
Time Warner Cable Inc. is an American cable telecommunications company that operates in 29 states and has 31 operating divisions. It is the second largest cable company in the U.S. behind only Comcast. Its corporate headquarters are located in the Time Warner Center in Midtown Manhattan, New York.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: Companies with the worst customer service
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 06:30:24 PM »
Damn, dish know that. The more you know.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 06:34:18 PM »
I actually kind of miss the local Gold's here that shut down a few years back.

Better layout than the other gyms we have now and I never had any problems out of that place.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 06:35:49 PM »
put me down for AT&SHIT!

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 10:52:00 PM »
I've been surprised to great customer service from AT&T UVerse and also DirecTV.  LG sux.  American Airlines is bad whether it's phone, web or in person.  Even their own employees hate them.  Clark Howard always refers to BoA as customer no service.

I absolutely despise off-shore customer service and will always insist on a US number or hang up and call the company direct.
:

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 10:53:12 PM »
I've been surprised to great customer service from AT&T UVerse and also DirecTV.  LG sux.

I absolutely despise off-shore customer service and will always insist on a US number or hang up and call the company direct.

yeps

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2014, 10:53:45 PM »
My credit score is 710.  Same as my bench press.
a

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2014, 06:20:50 AM »
Interesting but some stat skew there, Bay.  These are companies that are likely to be bitched about due to customer volume or, as in the case of Gold's & Walmart, customer disposition.  They might suck but I doubt they're the worst companies in the nation.

I've heard horror stories about Grainger Industrial Supply.  Really egregious shit, but they don't blip on any radar outside their little niche.  They'll never be on a worst-of list no matter how bad they are.