Author Topic: Cops kill a guy who was just breaking up a fight (video)  (Read 3595 times)

Fortress

• Getbig V
Re: Cops kill a guy who was just breaking up a fight (video)
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2014, 03:26:35 PM »
Cops go through shit on daily basis and are putting their own lives at risk so I can't blame them for being sometimes heavy handed on non-compliant dudes.

If only the average citizen had even a clue what has to be dealt with on a daily basis.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2014, 03:48:25 PM »
dont resist we wont kill you

Yip , cooperate and you will not be harmed.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2014, 04:33:40 PM »
He was a big fucking guy with prior arrests, guy is known to the police, he didnt comply, what do you expect them to do?

Exactly , police should be able to assassinate any civilian at any time for doing various things.

Deacon Jeschin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2014, 04:41:22 PM »
Yep, its a shame when shit like this occurs but its bound to occur here and there.
Cops go through shit on daily basis and are putting their own lives at risk so I can't blame them for being sometimes heavy handed on non-compliant dudes.

They go through shit each day?  Too bad..... It's not a mystery what the job entails, is it?

There were at least FIVE cops there choking and hitting the man.  You mean five able-bodied adults couldn't restrain an overweight, unarmed diabetic and not kill him?  What do they do when they encounter a fit person who can fight - call in the SWAT team?

And if five or more cops had one of those "shit" days you described, and choked a disabled relative of yours to death, would you be so forgiving?

Deacon Jeschin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2014, 04:42:24 PM »
Exactly , police should be able to assassinate any civilian at any time for doing various things.

And vice versa.....

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2014, 04:58:44 PM »
Yep, its a shame when shit like this occurs but its bound to occur here and there.

Yes, accidents do happen. But I don't think that shoving the head of someone who's being choked onto the pavement, and continuing to choke him when that person is telling you, repeatedly that he can't breathe is an accident.

An accident is something that happens both unintentionally and unexpectedly. I'm sure the cop didn't mean to choke this guy to death - it was unintentional. But was it unexpected? When you choke someone out, especially someone who tells you they cannot breathe and you continue choking him, then death is hardly unexpected. That, automatically, means this cannot be an accident.

You should - what they go through is irrelevant. They're paid to be professional law enforcement officers who act responsibly and discharge their office and powers with restraint, not thugs with a badge who shoot first and ask questions later or to treat the rest of us as their serfs.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2014, 03:25:43 AM »
Yes, accidents do happen. But I don't think that shoving the head of someone who's being choked onto the pavement, and continuing to choke him when that person is telling you, repeatedly that he can't breathe is an accident.

An accident is something that happens both unintentionally and unexpectedly. I'm sure the cop didn't mean to choke this guy to death - it was unintentional. But was it unexpected? When you choke someone out, especially someone who tells you they cannot breathe and you continue choking him, then death is hardly unexpected. That, automatically, means this cannot be an accident.

You should - what they go through is irrelevant. They're paid to be professional law enforcement officers who act responsibly and discharge their office and powers with restraint, not thugs with a badge who shoot first and ask questions later or to treat the rest of us as their serfs.

I just think its unrealistic to think that things like this won't occasionally happen. I mean, thousands of arrests and police confrontations happen every day across America. Sometimes, things are bound to get ugly and a tragedy like this will occur.

We have to remember that the police are often victims themselves of assault (both physical and verbal) so they have to have their guard up at all times and not take unnecessary risks. There is also a genuine chance of getting killed.
I'm sure cops come across plenty of non-complaint guys like the one in the video who appear fairly harmless but who then take an unpredictable swing at them. I've been pulled over by the police twice while driving but guess what? I was compliant and respectful with them and they were respectful back. I'm sure there are coppers out there who abuse their powers but I think they are in a minority and in the kind of job that they do, I can't blame them for not wanting to leave anything to chance.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2014, 04:29:34 AM »
Power Tripping Killers Of Peace.

A fucking shame.........and fuck Al Sharpton.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2014, 04:36:48 AM »
The guy owned the store he was standing outside of, was probably breaking up a fight outside his store front or even inside.

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2014, 04:50:03 AM »
fat kill a guy who was resisting cop, period.
asstropin

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2014, 08:22:32 AM »
City will settle with family for a few million.