Author Topic: Obama Declares War On Chic-Fil-A  (Read 17992 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Obama Declares War On Chic-Fil-A
« on: July 19, 2014, 12:53:30 PM »
Is it the Obama's secret goal to become as unpopular as they can? They're making the Bush family look good.

Michelle Obama Just Declared War On This Beloved Restaurant, And You Won’t Be Happy About It

First Lady Michelle Obama is declaring war on your favorite chicken sandwich and waffle fries.

The White House has officially condemned Chik-fil-A, the controversial fast-food franchise known for its Christian values and “original chicken sandwich.”

Many public schools across the U.S., including one South Carolina district, sells Chik-fil-A at lunch. The sandwiches sell far better than the school-cooked lunch items and profits contribute to extra-curricular activities for underprivileged and special needs students.

Read more: http://americanoverlook.com/michelle-obama-just-declared-war-on-this-beloved-restaurant-and-you-wont-be-happy-about-it/22073

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Re: Obama Declares War On Chic-Fil-A
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 01:31:09 PM »
Is it the Obama's secret goal to become as unpopular as they can? They're making the Bush family look good.

Michelle Obama Just Declared War On This Beloved Restaurant, And You Won’t Be Happy About It

First Lady Michelle Obama is declaring war on your favorite chicken sandwich and waffle fries.

The White House has officially condemned Chik-fil-A, the controversial fast-food franchise known for its Christian values and “original chicken sandwich.”

Many public schools across the U.S., including one South Carolina district, sells Chik-fil-A at lunch. The sandwiches sell far better than the school-cooked lunch items and profits contribute to extra-curricular activities for underprivileged and special needs students.

Read more: http://americanoverlook.com/michelle-obama-just-declared-war-on-this-beloved-restaurant-and-you-wont-be-happy-about-it/22073

They haven't condemned Chik-fil-A you bozo.  Michelle gave nutritional guideline so that kids can eat healthier.  Schools can choose whether to follow them or not....its not the law.

And quite frankly, it would save billions of dollars in medical bills if they were followed
A

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 01:34:09 PM »

They haven't condemned Chik-fil-A you bozo

ROFL  ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2014, 02:12:53 PM »

They haven't condemned Chik-fil-A you bozo.  Michelle gave nutritional guideline so that kids can eat healthier.  Schools can choose whether to follow them or not....its not the law.

And quite frankly, it would save billions of dollars in medical bills if they were followed

Maybe obama should start herself and his husband

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2014, 02:46:06 PM »
did she come up with these guidelines? If not then who did? On top of that she if the first lady, not the POTUS, she wasn't elected. So who exactly gave her the fucking power to mandate what kids can eat? This is getting ridiculous.....
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2014, 04:02:01 PM »

though you make the correct point, it will not please SC and others. Or Fox News. But don't let facts get in the way. :)
w

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2014, 04:11:46 PM »
Check out the sodium content of the Chic-Fil-A basic chicken sandwich.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2014, 04:18:13 PM »
This heart attack is guaranteed to put 20 lbs of fat on you. There is a third more sodium in this sandwich then the recommended daily amount.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2014, 04:24:04 PM »
Here you go; this is the kid's meal. It is even more unhealthy that the two sandwiches previously posted. More that 2.5 times the daily intake of sodium and almost enough calories for and entire day for a kid.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2014, 04:27:09 PM »
Who gives a fuck?   Not obama or his husbands role to tell people what to eat.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2014, 04:29:16 PM »

x2

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2014, 04:31:34 PM »
Kids love chocolate milk.

Combine this with the kids meal and the school district will save a fortune on field trips because most of the kids will be too fat to get on the bus.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2014, 04:33:12 PM »
Kids love chocolate milk.

Combine this with the kids meal and the school district will save a fortune on field trips because most of the kids will be too fat to get on the bus.

Kids have been drinking Chocolate milk since the 1680's.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2014, 04:36:56 PM »

Weren't you a fat guy at one time? With the rates of childhood obesity and early onset type II diabetes, it is pretty clear a lot of parents aren't helping their kids make good food choices these days.

Pay now or pay later; field trips or trips to the doctor's office for insulin shots.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2014, 04:38:15 PM »
Check out the sodium content of the Chic-Fil-A basic chicken sandwich.

Macros in that sandwich look fine to me.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16431193

^^ might want to read that since you apparently think the USDA Daddy Knows Best when it comes to salt intake.. especially for people your age.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2014, 04:40:35 PM »
Weren't you a fat guy at one time? With the rates of childhood obesity and early onset type II diabetes, it is pretty clear a lot of parents aren't helping their kids make good food choices these days.

Pay now or pay later; field trips or trips to the doctor's office for insulin shots.

Didnt need fatchelle to motivate me

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2014, 04:41:39 PM »
Macros in that sandwich look fine to me.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16431193

^^ might want to read that since you apparently think the USDA Daddy Knows Best when it comes to salt intake.. especially for people your age.

Surely the government knows best?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2014, 04:46:16 PM »

Roger, that chocolate milk was made with cocoa powder and whole milk. The shit they serve today is non-fat milk with chocolate syrup and sugar added.

There are also 5 milligrams of caffeine in each mini carton of chocolate milk. Chocolate has oxalic acid, which reacts with the calcium in the milk producing calcium oxalate, thus preventing the calcium from being absorbed in the intestine. However, it is present in small enough amounts that the effect on calcium absorption is negligible. As chocolate contains relatively small amounts of oxalate, it is unclear to what extent chocolate consumption affects healthy people with calcium-rich diets.

In a 2008 study, participants who consumed one or more servings of chocolate on a daily basis had lower bone density and strength than those participants who ate a serving of chocolate six times a week or less. Researchers believe this may be due to oxalate inhibiting calcium absorption — but it could also be due to sugar content in chocolate, which may increase calcium excretion. It is clear, however, that consuming foods high in oxalate — and in turn their effect on calcium absorption — is a more significant concern for people with oxalate kidney stones, which occur when there is too much oxalate in the urine. These people, especially, should reduce their oxalate intake and increase their calcium intake. However, the high magnesium content in chocolate is likely to reduce the risk of stone formation, because like citrate, magnesium is also an inhibitor of urinary crystal formation.

Despite the above there have been studies which showed the benefits of chocolate milk. If it is so good for us, why is it making kids fat? At the elementary school where I worked kids would get chocolate or strawberry flavored milk to pour over there sweetened cereal in the morning. They would have another carton at lunch and for those kids who were around for afternoon snacks they'd get another carton of chocolate milk.  

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2014, 04:48:05 PM »
Roger, that chocolate milk was made with cocoa powder and whole milk. The shit they serve today is non-fat milk with chocolate syrup and sugar added.

Okay, good point

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2014, 04:56:21 PM »
Didnt need fatchelle to motivate me

Of course not. Weren't you an adult when you decided to get healthy?

If parents were more hands on insisting schools provide healthy foods or better yet packed their kids lunches, the problem with kids eating crappy wouldn't be as great and there would be nothing for Michelle Obama to champion. Unfortunately that isn't happening, just look around you.

Just so you know, Chic-Fil-A isn't the only problem. Many fast food companies are pushing their products to school age kids via the big food service companies such as Sodexho-Marriott. There is chicken nuggets with a bunch of strange non-chicken stuff in them. Kids love them. They are probably less healthy then the food you feed your dog.  Hamburgers are anything but, they are so full of fillers. Trust me, anyone who has even a smattering of knowledge about nutrition would never let their kids eat school lunches unless they were hoping to kill them off.  

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2014, 05:34:37 PM »
LMAO @ the libs on here (Primemuscle) defending Mooshell's hit on Chik-fil-a. Hahahaha! If it were Muslim owned they would be funding franchises with our money. lol

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2014, 06:18:44 PM »
LMAO @ the libs on here (Primemuscle) defending Mooshell's hit on Chik-fil-a. Hahahaha! If it were Muslim owned they would be funding franchises with our money. lol

So are you saying that liberals care about what their kids are served in schools, while conservatives don't. Michelle is entitled to an opinion, same as you and me. Apparently, she is concerned about the crap lunches kids get in schools. When I looked at Chic-Fil-A's own nutrition guide, I found it frankly shocking that they have such an unhealthy menu and they are selling it to kids who will essentially eat anything that tastes good, regardless of whether it could kill them or not.

I'll ignore you Muslim comment because it is completely irrelevant here. The fact that you find it so funny simply makes you out to be the fool. Your views are stunted and narrow-minded, not conservative like you'd have people believe. Conservative folks I know, are concerned for their children's wellbeing just the same as any liberal is. You are completely off base here. 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2014, 06:37:09 PM »
So are you saying that liberals care about what their kids are served in schools, while conservatives don't. Michelle is entitled to an opinion, same as you and me. Apparently, she is concerned about the crap lunches kids get in schools. When I looked at Chic-Fil-A's own nutrition guide, I found it frankly shocking that they have such an unhealthy menu and they are selling it to kids who will essentially eat anything that tastes good, regardless of whether it could kill them or not.

1. Mooshell is entitled to an opinion but not to mandate anything. 2. Why are you shocked? It's fast food. Are you "shocked" that Carl's Jr, Mc Donalds and every other fast food joint does the same thing only worse? Why not bring those up? I'd be willing to bet that In-N-Out is on their hit list because they're a Christian owned company.

I'll ignore you Muslim comment because it is completely irrelevant here. The fact that you find it so funny simply makes you out to be the fool. Your views are stunted and narrow-minded, not conservative like you'd have people believe. Conservative folks I know, are concerned for their children's wellbeing just the same as any liberal is. You are completely off base here. 

Do you actually think the Government knows best about how to raise our children or that the majority of parents know the difference between good foods and bad? If fast food companies want to add healthy choices or not, it's up to them, not the Mooshell or any government. If I choose to let my kid have fast food, then it's MY choice.

You don't take away people's ability to think for themselves.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2014, 06:44:00 PM »

Kids in the 1680 bailed hay, feed the animals, plowed fields, and hunted rather than sit around and play video games all day.
A

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2014, 06:53:38 PM »

Not the governments responsibility to mandate what our kids can and cant eat at school. Thats should be up to the schools/locals officials and parents. Different states have different culinary tastes and trying mandate what kids eat is overbearing and an abuse of federal authority, especially since michelle obama has zero fucking authority to do anything.

Its one thing to encourage parents to start taking an interest in their kids health and eating habits, but trying to ram it down their throats is only going to make kids go the other way and want nothing to do with it.

I believe many of the schools that tried this reported that most of their kids simoky started bringing their own lunches with even shittier food because they refuse to eat the shit menu obama is trying to force on the entire country, and that they've lost more dollars in sales than they gained in federal aid, so they said fuck it and went back to their old system and gave up the fed dollars.