Author Topic: Obama Declares War On Chic-Fil-A  (Read 17960 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Obama Declares War On Chic-Fil-A
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2014, 09:40:14 PM »
i'm really hungry for chik fila after reading these posts.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2014, 09:44:06 PM »
Not the governments responsibility to mandate what our kids can and cant eat at school. Thats should be up to the schools/locals officials and parents. Different states have different culinary tastes and trying mandate what kids eat is overbearing and an abuse of federal authority, especially since michelle obama has zero fucking authority to do anything.

Its one thing to encourage parents to start taking an interest in their kids health and eating habits, but trying to ram it down their throats is only going to make kids go the other way and want nothing to do with it.

I believe many of the schools that tried this reported that most of their kids simoky started bringing their own lunches with even shittier food because they refuse to eat the shit menu obama is trying to force on the entire country, and that they've lost more dollars in sales than they gained in federal aid, so they said fuck it and went back to their old system and gave up the fed dollars.

Neither Michelle or President Obama are mandating anything. It happens to be the law, albeit one which was signed into law by the President after it passed Congress by a clear majority.

In 2010 the U.S. Congress passed S. 3307 (111th): Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010

Number: House Vote #603 [primary source: house.gov] Date: Dec 02, 2010 (111th Congress) Result: Passed

If you are interested in seeing how your elected officials voted in 2010, check out this website: https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/111-2010/h603

This legislation passed by a clear majority, however few Republicans supported it as might be expected since there is a hefty price tag on the implementation of the law.

I agree that it should be the parents responsibility to insure their children get a healthy diet. Unfortunately, this doesn't always happen. Fat and unhealthy kids from middle class and wealthy families aren't likely to be a burden on society since their families probably have health insurance. Kids living in poverty or near poverty, automatically become everyone's problem, since it is all the rest of us who pay to cover their medical costs. I suppose we could just wash our hands of all this caregiving and just let folks die. The world is overpopulated anyway, right?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2014, 09:47:45 PM »
i'm really hungry for chik fila after reading these posts.

Oregon does not have Chic-Fil-A or In and Out Burger establishments.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2014, 09:56:28 PM »
Who gives a fuck?   

Parents, probably.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2014, 09:59:53 PM »
So are you saying that liberals care about what their kids are served in schools, while conservatives don't. Michelle is entitled to an opinion, same as you and me. Apparently, she is concerned about the crap lunches kids get in schools. When I looked at Chic-Fil-A's own nutrition guide, I found it frankly shocking that they have such an unhealthy menu and they are selling it to kids who will essentially eat anything that tastes good, regardless of whether it could kill them or not.

I'll ignore you Muslim comment because it is completely irrelevant here. The fact that you find it so funny simply makes you out to be the fool. Your views are stunted and narrow-minded, not conservative like you'd have people believe. Conservative folks I know, are concerned for their children's wellbeing just the same as any liberal is. You are completely off base here. 

Coach, you got sonned here.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2014, 10:05:44 PM »
Oregon does not have Chic-Fil-A or In and Out Burger establishments.

sounds like oregon is a liberal cesspool. 

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2014, 10:50:49 PM »
Parents, probably.

That's actually the point - to the elite statists, parents are assumed to be too stupid to feed their children properly without government supervision. Obviously the same government who institutionalized the lipid hypothesis based on "feelings" and "moral superiority of vegetarianism" should be in charge of regulating what my kids eat.

Maybe Obama can get his BFF government health adviser Dr Dean ornish to create a meat free, fat free , grain based school menu (with low sodium so prime muscle doesn't get offended)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2014, 11:09:21 PM »

I highly recommend you never move here. You wouldn't like it.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2014, 11:14:30 PM »
That's actually the point - to the elite statists, parents are assumed to be too stupid to feed their children properly without government supervision. Obviously the same government who institutionalized the lipid hypothesis based on "feelings" and "moral superiority of vegetarianism" should be in charge of regulating what my kids eat.

Maybe Obama can get his BFF government health adviser Dr Dean ornish to create a meat free, fat free , grain based school menu (with low sodium so prime muscle doesn't get offended)

Yes apparently many parents are either too stupid or just don't give a flying fuck about their children's diet. If that were not the case, why is the incidence of childhood type II diabetes and obesity on the increase? Until you go to school and personally see what your kids (assuming you even have kids) are being fed, you really don't have a clue what you are talking about.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2014, 01:58:54 AM »

I don't know.  I don't consider myself clueless about diet (got 2nd in my class at the NPC Contra Costa back in '99) but it was news to me that the Chic-Fil-A kid's meal was so high in sodium. 

Call me a crappy dad or whatever but I have a hard time just keeping track of what my little rug-rat even thinks tastes good much less what the sodium content is of something like chicken strips.

My argumentative daughter is 8 years old and I think I might actually like to be able to tell her that she couldn't eat something I don't want her to eat because it's "against the law", lol.  Shoot, I'll even blame Obama if that's what it takes.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2014, 04:56:19 AM »
Bingo.   Liberalism never takes human nature into account.   Its all about force coercion and stepping on people

Not the governments responsibility to mandate what our kids can and cant eat at school. Thats should be up to the schools/locals officials and parents. Different states have different culinary tastes and trying mandate what kids eat is overbearing and an abuse of federal authority, especially since michelle obama has zero fucking authority to do anything.

Its one thing to encourage parents to start taking an interest in their kids health and eating habits, but trying to ram it down their throats is only going to make kids go the other way and want nothing to do with it.

I believe many of the schools that tried this reported that most of their kids simoky started bringing their own lunches with even shittier food because they refuse to eat the shit menu obama is trying to force on the entire country, and that they've lost more dollars in sales than they gained in federal aid, so they said fuck it and went back to their old system and gave up the fed dollars.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2014, 07:55:08 AM »

lol

Bingo.   Liberalism never takes human nature into account.   Its all about force coercion and stepping on people

Yes!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2014, 10:11:50 AM »

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2014, 12:32:05 PM »
Yes apparently many parents are either too stupid or just don't give a flying fuck about their children's diet. If that were not the case, why is the incidence of childhood type II diabetes and obesity on the increase? Until you go to school and personally see what your kids (assuming you even have kids) are being fed, you really don't have a clue what you are talking about.
thank you for posting something rational. Don't worry, SC will come along shortly.
w

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2014, 01:03:21 PM »
You don't like it, don't eat it or let your kids eat it.

It shouldn't take a big govt intervention from a bored, neglected, jealous, sexually frustrated, power-hungry first lady to "save us" from the evils of fast food.
A

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2014, 05:09:07 PM »
You don't like it, don't eat it or let your kids eat it.

It shouldn't take a big govt intervention from a bored, neglected, jealous, sexually frustrated, power-hungry first lady to "save us" from the evils of fast food.

-Guess you also believe Michelle Obama is the law and not just that she is supporting a law the U.S. Congress passed in 2010.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2014, 07:54:43 PM »
President Obama tells kids he 'loses his mind' over guacamole
LA Times ^ | July 18, 2014 | Rebecca Bratek
Posted on July 19, 2014 8:06:57 PM EDT by Innovative

President Obama made a culinary confession Friday: He “loses his mind” over chips and guacamole.

The president made a brief, surprise visit to the East Room to address 54 children and their guardians, shortly after speaking to the press corps about the Malaysian airliner shot down over Ukraine yesterday.

“We are currently spending $10 billion a year on our school lunch programs,” she said. “So it’s not surprising that there are certain interests that are resisting change and trying to take us back to the old ways of doing business.

(Excerpt) Read more at latimes.com ...

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2014, 08:31:29 PM »
President Obama tells kids he 'loses his mind' over guacamole
LA Times ^ | July 18, 2014 | Rebecca Bratek
Posted on July 19, 2014 8:06:57 PM EDT by Innovative

President Obama made a culinary confession Friday: He “loses his mind” over chips and guacamole.

The president made a brief, surprise visit to the East Room to address 54 children and their guardians, shortly after speaking to the press corps about the Malaysian airliner shot down over Ukraine yesterday.

“We are currently spending $10 billion a year on our school lunch programs,” she said. “So it’s not surprising that there are certain interests that are resisting change and trying to take us back to the old ways of doing business.

(Excerpt) Read more at latimes.com ...

Your point? Guacamole is a relatively healthy food. A few lower sodium corn chips are a healthier snack than most.

According to the nutrition information from online food database MyFitnessPal, 1 oz. of chips contains 142 calories, while 1/2 cup of guacamole contains 127 calories, so the two contain 269 calories together. The calorie expenditure information from MayoClinic.com suggests you could burn off these 269 calories during an hour of bicycling.

Compared to a Chic-Fil-A chicken sandwich this is far healthier food. Incidentally, the fats in avocado are considered good fats as opposed to the shit fast food is fried in.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2014, 07:02:29 AM »

The kids are THROWING THE FOOD in the trash, costing millions of dollars. So, Michelle Obama's schtick isn't working.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2014, 07:05:13 AM »
The kids are THROWING THE FOOD in the trash, costing millions of dollars. So, Michelle Obama's schtick isn't working.

Liberals' are mostly clowns and fools and whenever their unicorn and pony ideas go kaput they are left dumb founded

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2014, 07:08:00 AM »
Liberals' are mostly clowns and fools and whenever their unicorn and pony ideas go kaput they are left dumb founded

;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2014, 09:56:36 AM »
Here you go; this is the kid's meal. It is even more unhealthy that the two sandwiches previously posted. More that 2.5 times the daily intake of sodium and almost enough calories for and entire day for a kid.

Ok.  So then what?  If parents want their kids to eat it, let them eat it. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2014, 10:02:29 AM »
Ok.  So then what?  If parents want their kids to eat it, let them eat it. 

the problem is that there is always the kid who shows up with 4 hershey bars in his lunch every day.

Or a can of mountain dew and some beef jerky.

Aside from the whole debate about whether the schools should be able to help the kid have proper nutrients for physical human growth...

I bet nobody here realizes that kids who eat like crap, feel like crap, and act out in school, disrupting the learning process for others and making schools less effective.  Just like your boss CAN tell you not to drink a fifth of vodka before work, because it impairs your ability to function at work.   But teachers/admin cannot tell a kid not to eat 25 pixie sticks for lunch because it impairs the students ability to function, learn, and not act the fool?

Nobody talks about that part of the issue.   Kids that eat garbage feel like garbage, and act up in a big way.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2014, 10:04:03 AM »
the problem is that there is always the kid who shows up with 4 hershey bars in his lunch every day.

Or a can of mountain dew and some beef jerky.

Aside from the whole debate about whether the schools should be able to help the kid have proper nutrients for physical human growth...

I bet nobody here realizes that kids who eat like crap, feel like crap, and act out in school, disrupting the learning process for others and making schools less effective.  Just like your boss CAN tell you not to drink a fifth of vodka before work, because it impairs your ability to function at work.   But teachers/admin cannot tell a kid not to eat 25 pixie sticks for lunch because it impairs the students ability to function, learn, and not act the fool?

Nobody talks about that part of the issue.   Kids that eat garbage feel like garbage, and act up in a big way.

Yes the kid who brings for Hershey bars for lunch every day.  And the kid who brings live chickens, kills them at lunch, and eats them raw.  Happens all the time.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2014, 10:58:44 AM »
Yes the kid who brings for Hershey bars for lunch every day.  And the kid who brings live chickens, kills them at lunch, and eats them raw.  Happens all the time.

???  It does happen every day.  I do not know why you introduced killing live chickens into the conversation, that's kinda weird.

But yes, kids do show up with awful lunches every day at schools.   I spent about 7 years in the classroom, and I spent a ton of time in lunch room.  98% of kids had decent lunches.  But some did not.  And no surprise, it was the same 2% with little to no lunch, or lunch full of garbage, that were acting up in class.  They were hungry, hyper, or just plain felt like crap.

A lot of people debating lunchroom stuff haven't been in an elementary lunchroom in 30 years lol.