Author Topic: Obama Declares War On Chic-Fil-A  (Read 17639 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Obama Declares War On Chic-Fil-A
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2014, 11:18:59 AM »
???  It does happen every day.  I do not know why you introduced killing live chickens into the conversation, that's kinda weird.

But yes, kids do show up with awful lunches every day at schools.   I spent about 7 years in the classroom, and I spent a ton of time in lunch room.  98% of kids had decent lunches.  But some did not.  And no surprise, it was the same 2% with little to no lunch, or lunch full of garbage, that were acting up in class.  They were hungry, hyper, or just plain felt like crap.

A lot of people debating lunchroom stuff haven't been in an elementary lunchroom in 30 years lol.

Oh he gets it.  Saying kids "show up with awful lunches every day at schools" is not the same as a kid showing up with "four Hershey bars" every.  What your ridiculous hypotheticals show is you don't spend much time in the real world. 

I agree that some kids may show up with "awful" lunches at school.  That doesn't mean the government should takeover nutritional choices for kids. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2014, 11:30:28 AM »
Oh he gets it.  Saying kids "show up with awful lunches every day at schools" is not the same as a kid showing up with "four Hershey bars" every.  What your ridiculous hypotheticals show is you don't spend much time in the real world. 

I agree that some kids may show up with "awful" lunches at school.  That doesn't mean the government should takeover nutritional choices for kids. 

I have no problem with govt staying out of lunchboxes - unless there is a real problem.  In that case, a solution that nobody talks about - is taking pics of what the kid has, documenting it, and giving only THAT kid a school lunch.

When there's a documented nutritional deficit taking place on a regular basis.   THEN you give the kid a lunch TOO, and let him keep his crap.

That's my solution.  there really are 80 IQ parents with no $, and their lunch packing skills do reflect this.  Schools can fix that, nothing wrong there.

IMO this is just an over-reaction to a minor issue because it has michelle obama's face on it.  people without kids are screaming about this issue, but haven't mentioned the US national debt in 6 months.   I dont get it.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2014, 11:39:35 AM »
 but we cant do that on a case-by-case basis only for the terrible parents because that's discrimination.

in an ideal world (where government agencies weren't run by idiots and incompetent and corrupt) I'd have no problem with shitbags living on the taxpayers dime having their kids lunches monitored by those who pay their bills, since they've proved they are incompetent - but the progressives who push these Big Society plans can't go hurting anyone's feelings.

But if someone is a functional adult who pays taxes then Big Government can fuck off

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2014, 11:43:35 AM »
but we cant do that on a case-by-case basis only for the terrible parents because that's discrimination.

in an ideal world (where government agencies weren't run by idiots and incompetent and corrupt) I'd have no problem with shitbags living on the taxpayers dime having their kids lunches monitored by those who pay their bills, since they've proved they are incompetent - but the progressives who push these Big Society plans can't go hurting anyone's feelings.

But if someone is a functional adult who pays taxes then Big Government can fuck off

I am in full favor of Food Depots to where these welfare slugs have to walk 3-5 miles to the depot - get a 40lbs bag of rice or beans for a month, and that's it 

Next month they can come back 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2014, 11:47:49 AM »
The kids are THROWING THE FOOD in the trash, costing millions of dollars. So, Michelle Obama's schtick isn't working.

Among other issues this points out how indulged many if on most young people are today. If I'd thrown food in the trash simply because I didn't like it, there would have been consequences. While the rule of thumb was that I had to taste what was served. If I didn't like it. I didn't have to eat it all but there would be nothing to replace what I didn't eat. Another thing, portions weren't so ginormous that there was enough to feed an army on my plate. This all had nothing to do with economics, since my parents were fairly well off. It was just how things were done at that time.

The food served at school was not the most appetizing and there was often not much selection. There certainly wasn't multiple selections like there are today. Pizza was unheard of. For all of my elementary school years, my mom packed my lunch because she thought it healthier than the food served at school. One funny thing I remember about high school was kids dipping the tip of their straw in the glue like brown gravy served over the mainstay instant mashed potatoes and then blow it as hard as they could off the straw towards the very high cafeteria ceiling. By the end of the year, there was an abundance of stalactite like straw papers hanging from the ceiling. The custodial staff probably cursed us come summer, when they'd have to clean them off ceiling.

So, in keeping with today's indulgent child rearing style, we should by all means only serve young people the food they like, disregarding good nutrition and their health in favor of keeping them happy. Michelle Obama, what are you thinking? Let the kids eat the Chic-Fil-A lunches they so love! Their parents don't seem concerned that they might become obese or get type II diabetes, so what makes you believe you have the right to intervene by supporting the Healthy Hunger-Free Kids Act passed by Congress in 2010?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2014, 11:54:05 AM »
I am in full favor of Food Depots to where these welfare slugs have to walk 3-5 miles to the depot - get a 40lbs bag of rice or beans for a month, and that's it 

Next month they can come back 

I'm in favor of you moving to a third world country so you can live among people doing just that as opposed to you supporting turning the U.S. into such a place. I don't recommend you talk trash about their leaders like you do ours though; you'd either wind up in jail or dead.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2014, 12:35:25 PM »
Among other issues this points out how indulged many if on most young people are today. If I'd thrown food in the trash simply because I didn't like it, there would have been consequences. While the rule of thumb was that I had to taste what was served. If I didn't like it. I didn't have to eat it all but there would be nothing to replace what I didn't eat. Another thing, portions weren't so ginormous that there was enough to feed an army on my plate. This all had nothing to do with economics, since my parents were fairly well off. It was just how things were done at that time.

The food served at school was not the most appetizing and there was often not much selection. There certainly wasn't multiple selections like there are today. Pizza was unheard of. For all of my elementary school years, my mom packed my lunch because she thought it healthier than the food served at school. One funny thing I remember about high school was kids dipping the tip of their straw in the glue like brown gravy served over the mainstay instant mashed potatoes and then blow it as hard as they could off the straw towards the very high cafeteria ceiling. By the end of the year, there was an abundance of stalactite like straw papers hanging from the ceiling. The custodial staff probably cursed us come summer, when they'd have to clean them off ceiling.

So, in keeping with today's indulgent child rearing style, we should by all means only serve young people the food they like, disregarding good nutrition and their health in favor of keeping them happy. Michelle Obama, what are you thinking? Let the kids eat the Chic-Fil-A lunches they so love! Their parents don't seem concerned that they might become obese or get type II diabetes, so what makes you believe you have the right to intervene by supporting the Healthy Hunger-Free Kids Act passed by Congress in 2010?

Michelle Obama needs to worry about her own kids and let me raise mine. I've forgotten more about nutrition than she'll ever know.

Kids aren't getting fat because of Chic-Fil-A, contrary to your rather strange claim. And you act as if the kids were being served nothing but Pop Tarts and Doritos all day long. That was hardly the case. She arrogantly thinks that, because she was too stupid to know what to feed her kids (despite her Ivy league 'education'), everyone else must be as daft as she is, in that venue.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2014, 12:43:18 PM »
Michelle Obama needs to worry about her own kids and let me raise mine. I've forgotten more about nutrition than she'll ever know.

Kids aren't getting fat because of Chic-Fil-A, contrary to your rather strange claim. And you act as if the kids were being served nothing but Pop Tarts and Doritos all day long. That was hardly the case. She arrogantly thinks that, because she was too stupid to know what to feed her kids (despite herIvy league 'education'), everyone else must be as daft as she is, in that venue.

She also claimed that even with a Princeton and Harvard education she didn't know what healthy food was. 

But she or anyone isn't forcing kids to eat certain foods at school.  Until that happens, nothing to see here.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2014, 12:46:46 PM »
She also claimed that even with a Princeton and Harvard education she didn't know what healthy food was. 

But she or anyone isn't forcing kids to eat certain foods at school.  Until that happens, nothing to see here.

The operative word is 'Until'.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2014, 01:01:41 PM »

That's just fear propaganda as far as i am concerned.  There would be major public outcry before it ever became a law.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2014, 01:03:59 PM »

Republicans want to rape poor peoples children.

Show me an example you say? I cant right know but...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2014, 01:06:35 PM »
Michelle Obama needs to declare war on her fupa

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2014, 01:21:38 PM »

we do it all the time for students in school.

IEP = individual education plans.   Behavioral plans.  Language plans.  Emotional and other handicaps.  They have paperwork for every possible limitation kids face, and students are given adaptations for it.  Assitants helping out, more time on tests, certain technologies, etc.  It's happening in every school in the nation.

If a kid has a reeces for lunch, and nothing else, hey... that's abuse, isn't it?   Neglect?  If children's service (or DC or whatever it is called in each state) were to visit the home, and REECES were the only thing in the fridge to eat, that kid would be taken away pretty quickly and moved to foster care.  Schools don't try to interfere that way - they just hand the kid a free lunch, and let him keep his reeces too.

I guess what I'm saying is - all the people screaming about schools seeing poor nutrition and giving the kids free food to supplement their meal - Are you guys also that mad that state agencies will put a kid in foster care if he's eating the same thing for dinner?  LOL if anything, schools aren't doing enough, if this is the case.

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2014, 02:07:42 PM »
-Guess you also believe Michelle Obama is the law and not just that she is supporting a law the U.S. Congress passed in 2010.

No, I believe it's just another useless piece of legislation passed by the Obama admin - the same guys who brought us Obamacare and a bunch of other crap that just gives them more control over our lives and costs us more money one way or another.

Perhaps she needs some hobbies or to have an affair or something for the next year and a half or so.
A

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2014, 02:17:39 PM »
No, I believe it's just another useless piece of legislation passed by the Obama admin - the same guys who brought us Obamacare and a bunch of other crap that just gives them more control over our lives and costs us more money one way or another.

Perhaps she needs some hobbies or to have an affair or something for the next year and a half or so.

what legislation was passed regarding what our children can bring to school to eat?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2014, 02:19:39 PM »
It would also help if the messenger wasn't very overweight.   :-\

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #66 on: July 21, 2014, 02:53:57 PM »
what legislation was passed regarding what our children can bring to school to eat?

None that I'm aware of as of yet. Do you think they should?

Do you enjoy big brother making up more rules as they go along controlling your life more and costing you more money? Do you need them to tell you what to do and make your decisions for you?

How much did your health insurance go up in the past year?
A

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2014, 03:08:53 PM »
None that I'm aware of as of yet. Do you think they should?

Do you enjoy big brother making up more rules as they go along controlling your life more and costing you more money? Do you need them to tell you what to do and make your decisions for you?

How much did your health insurance go up in the past year?

Of course i don't think they should.

However i do think they should mandate that healthy foods (within reason) only be served at public schools AND allow to parents to send their kids with whatever food they want.

68%  >:(

Note:  some of this thread is SNIOP-ed with fear propaganda.  until actual legislation is proposed and pushed, there is nothing to see here but garden variety BS.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2014, 03:43:04 PM »
It's clear many of you have reading comprehension difficulties. Again Congress passed The Healthy Hunger - free Kids Act in 2010. President Obama signed it into law,
 also in 2010.

It is the law. The "until" several of you mentioned, already happened. Pay attention children.

Does the law restrict parents from sending their kids to school with foods they choose for lunch?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2014, 03:49:48 PM »

Republicans want to rape poor peoples children.

Show me an example you say? I cant right know but...

The Dems beat them to it. Look at all the inner city kids and the living conditions in which they find themselves. Which party runs their cities, counties, and school boards again?

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #70 on: July 21, 2014, 03:53:48 PM »
The Dems beat them to it. Look at all the inner city kids and the living conditions in which they find themselves. Which party runs their cities, counties, and school boards again?

Don't bother, anyone can see what welfare and section 8 housing has accomplished.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #71 on: July 21, 2014, 10:10:55 PM »
That's actually the point - to the elite statists, parents are assumed to be too stupid to feed their children properly without government supervision. Obviously the same government who institutionalized the lipid hypothesis based on "feelings" and "moral superiority of vegetarianism" should be in charge of regulating what my kids eat.

Maybe Obama can get his BFF government health adviser Dr Dean ornish to create a meat free, fat free , grain based school menu (with low sodium so prime muscle doesn't get offended)

if you look at the obesity problem with children in usa most parents are to lazy/stupid to feed their kids good healthy food.

i have no idea what this chick a file thing is so i have no comment about that

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #72 on: July 22, 2014, 06:57:44 AM »
i have no idea what this chick a file thing is so i have no comment about that

Christian restaurant that's extremely clean, amazing service from cheerful girls, best chicken sandwiches and fries in the world. They usually donate food to churches and community service projects and stuff.

Chic-Fil-A

;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: July 22, 2014, 07:00:13 AM »
 Sure if they aerved  hallal meat iman auatollah obama would love it

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: July 22, 2014, 10:53:42 AM »
Does the law restrict parents from sending their kids to school with foods they choose for lunch?

I have not read the law in its entirety. I suspect it does not restrict parents from sending their kids off to school with a home packed lunch. At the school where I worked, over 80% of the students were on the Federal free or reduced meals program. Students were fed breakfast, lunch and an afternoon snack. Since all students, paying or not, got the same food choices, those choices had to comply with the standards required by the Federal program. The Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010 likely just further addresses the nutritional value of the foods in the Federal program. A private school, where no kids would be on free or reduced meals, could feed the kids caviar on crackers for a snack if they wanted. Going to the opposite extreme, a private school with no students on free or reduced meals could require all students bring bag lunches from home.