Author Topic: Obama Declares War On Chic-Fil-A  (Read 17649 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Obama Declares War On Chic-Fil-A
« Reply #100 on: July 23, 2014, 07:30:21 AM »
This is funny, when I was in school you should have seen the crap they served in the lunch room. Commodity pizza, shit was so greasy people would use half a container of napkins to soak it up. Something they called hot dogs, greasy ass french fries. Cookies....... No one seemed to give a shit then, why now all of the sudden?  Oh thats right it for the children  ::). Maybe they should try teaching them some skills that might actually be useful in the real world. No lets focus on school lunches.

Do you think that's the whole focus in schools?  Lunches?  I agree our schools need much work, but why feed them food that causes them to be sluggish or wired or that don't give them basic nutrients free from processed foods, sugars, chemical additives, and empty calories?

Just because we didn't pay attention to an area that was important back then when crap foods were served doesn't mean we shouldn't improve it now.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: July 23, 2014, 07:34:50 AM »
In previous times, many school districts had inhouse food service programs. My opinion is that overall the food which the school cooks actually prepared from scratch was healthier and better tasting. Locally, a few districts have gone back to inhouse food service programs. Most school districts, however, get food from the big (for profit) food service companies, such as Sodexho-Marriott. Most of their products are highly processed foods. As I mentioned, the ingredient list on their chicken nuggets would make anyone cringe. Although the nuggets taste okay, they definitely aren't just chicken. There are a lot of fillers in the product.

Most of the hot foods are shipped frozen and already prepared. Essentially, all the cooks need do is pop them in the oven to warm before serving. Breakfast foods are some of the worst of the worst. Lots of sugar loaded foods served at breakfast.

I think they should do zero processed foods and as you said, stick to whole foods cooked from scratch on site.  Thinking Chic-fil-a is good for them is ignorant.

Also, getting all hateful over the fact Michelle/OB is talking about this and therefore criticizing them over it for the mere fact "its them" shows just how ignorant and inbred some of these haters are.

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #102 on: July 23, 2014, 07:37:25 AM »
Do you think that's the whole focus in schools?  Lunches?  I agree our schools need much work, but why feed them food that causes them to be sluggish or wired or that don't give them basic nutrients free from processed foods, sugars, chemical additives, and empty calories?

Just because we didn't pay attention to an area that was important back then when crap foods were served doesn't mean we shouldn't improve it now.

How about the parents make the decision on what their kids eat? For fuck sake everything .gov gets involved in is completely fucked up, then 25 years down the line it becomes a big problem. Maybe you believe parents should just give up their responsibility to .gov to raise their children? Schools are to there to teach and prepare children for the real world, not to propagandize what .gov decides is "morally" right and what ever bullshit they are teaching kids, because it sure in the hell isn't anything useful for when they become adults
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: July 23, 2014, 07:50:51 AM »
How about the parents make the decision on what their kids eat? For fuck sake everything .gov gets involved in is completely fucked up, then 25 years down the line it becomes a big problem. Maybe you believe parents should just give up their responsibility to .gov to raise their children? Schools are to there to teach and prepare children for the real world, not to propagandize what .gov decides is "morally" right and what ever bullshit they are teaching kids, because it sure in the hell isn't anything useful for when they become adults

From what i can see, Parents still do have total control to send their kids to school with whatever they want.

How does requiring schools to serve healthy food and not crappy food equate to: "Maybe you believe parents should just give up their responsibility to .gov to raise their children?"

Seems like a pretty stupid thing to think.

By that logic we can say:  Allowing schools to serve greasy slop is letting the government fatten up our kids and kill them early in life.

We are only talking about setting standards on food served at school lunches NOT:

propagandize what .gov decides is "morally" right

parents should just give up their responsibility to .gov to raise their children

All that is basic "hate the dems fear propaganda"

And isn't teaching kids what healthy food is and is not by feeding healthy food at school preparing them for adulthood?

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #104 on: July 23, 2014, 07:57:11 AM »
the fairy tales you right wingers make up and pass around are just hilarious

I have no doubt you actually believe this narrative even though you just thought it up

its a fairy tale to you that some giant food corporation is going to land a huge government contract when the US starts to subsidize lunches at all of the public schools?  who do you think will provide the food?    

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #105 on: July 23, 2014, 08:03:39 AM »

And right now that huge government contract belongs to chik-fil-a, who produce crap food for the kids. Try again .

um yeah that's why they're going to give the contract to another giant corporation whose political leanings are more suited towards the Obama administration.  that's the whole point of all of this.

do you say the words that you post out loud to yourself before you post them?

I find it funny how the only conspiracy theories you guys but into are the ones that happened before 2008.  do you think crony capitalism died with the Bush administration?  the scary thing is that I think you actually do.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: July 23, 2014, 08:08:27 AM »
its a fairy tale to you that some giant food corporation is going to land a huge government contract when the US starts to subsidize lunches at all of the public schools?  who do you think will provide the food?    

If that's the case, i wouldn't care so long as certain standards are maintained.  But, if the "giant food" corp serves processed crap then i am not in favor.  And don't kid yourself, if it was a repub thing, they'd give the contract to a right leaning corp.

So far is there any indication of this happening like you suspect?  Or are is it just a suspicion?

I believe there are basic meals that can be served at a reasonable cost that are made from scratch  at most schools.  That would be the best way IMO.

But NOT doing anything about it, and continuing to allow schools to serve shit like Chic-fil-A or in most cases much worse is stupid.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #107 on: July 23, 2014, 08:12:57 AM »
If that's the case, i wouldn't care so long as certain standards are maintained.  But, if the "giant food" corp serves processed crap then i am not in favor.  And don't kid yourself, if it was a repub thing, they'd give the contract to a right leaning corp.

So far is there any indication of this happening like you suspect?  Or are is it just a suspicion?

I believe there are basic meals that can be served at a reasonable cost that are made from scratch  at most schools.  That would be the best way IMO.

But NOT doing anything about it, and continuing to allow schools to serve shit like Chic-fil-A or in most cases much worse is stupid.

gmafb - "WE MUST ACT" !!!   blah blah blah. 

The govt needs to but the f out

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: July 23, 2014, 08:20:56 AM »

gmafb - "WE MUST ACT" !!!   blah blah blah.  

The govt needs to but the f out

Another stupid comment.  This one coming from someone who isn't a parent and obsessed with OB.

No, the government needs to be involved in this.

Props to OB for signing the law.  Becuase left to you hateful inbred dumbfuck birthers, there prolly wouldn't any schools becuase the governemnt would be invovled.   :D

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: July 23, 2014, 08:21:58 AM »
From what i can see, Parents still do have total control to send their kids to school with whatever they want.

How does requiring schools to serve healthy food and not crappy food equate to: "Maybe you believe parents should just give up their responsibility to .gov to raise their children?"

By that logic we can say:  Allowing schools to serve greasy slop is letting the government fatten up our kids and kill them early in life.

We are only talking about setting standards on food served at school lunches NOT:

parents should just give up their responsibility to .gov to raise their children

All that is basic "hate the dems fear propaganda"

And isn't teaching kids what healthy food is and is not by feeding healthy food at school preparing them for adulthood?

Yeah its all hate the dem fear propaganda  ::), I guess in your world .gov = dems  ::)

Yeah learning how to eat healthy is going to look great on your resume.............
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: July 23, 2014, 08:25:25 AM »
Yeah its all hate the dem fear propaganda  ::), I guess in your world .gov = dems  ::)

Yeah learning how to eat healthy is going to look great on your resume.............

Now you are just going the "lets take the argument to the ridiculous" land.

All you did was regurgitate typical right wing talking points that we exposed make ZERO sense:

By that logic we can say:  Allowing schools to serve greasy slop is letting the government fatten up our kids and kill them early in life.

Hence, basic fear propaganda. 

BTW:  What's shows on a high school grads resume is thatr he graduated from HIGH SCHOOL.

Another stupid argument saying that eating healthy food will show on his resume.   ::)

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #111 on: July 23, 2014, 08:28:28 AM »

in all honesty i'm just talking shit.  but that doesn't mean i'm not right.  

and I don't think its as easy as you think to provide healthy food and beat out a large food corporation that has the capital and means to produce at a low cost for the contract.  so its obviously going to have to come from a large food company with a lot of capital (i.e. white grey haired rich guy)

so I can easily cry "crony capitalism" even though its impossible to provide a service like this without utilizing a large food corp.  now all the liberals on this board aren't interested in accusing THEIR president of crony capitalism but they wouldn't have hesitated to accuse the President of this from 2000-2008.  that's my whole point.  im a smartass.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: July 23, 2014, 08:33:34 AM »
in all honesty i'm just talking shit.  but that doesn't mean i'm not right.  

and I don't think its as easy as you think to provide healthy food and beat out a large food corporation that has the capital and means to produce at a low cost for the contract.  so its obviously going to have to come from a large food company with a lot of capital (i.e. white grey haired rich guy)

so I can easily cry "crony capitalism" even though its impossible to provide a service like this without utilizing a large food corp.  now all the liberals on this board aren't interested in accusing THEIR president of crony capitalism but they wouldn't have hesitated to accuse the President of this from 2000-2008.  that's my whole point.  im a smartass.

Cool.  I think you are probably right.  It will need a large food corp in most areas that will cast political chips into campaigns some how.  But with government regs (yes bad word), certain standards should be met.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #113 on: July 23, 2014, 08:42:03 AM »
Cool.  I think you are probably right.  It will need a large food corp in most areas that will cast political chips into campaigns some how.  But with government regs (yes bad word), certain standards should be met.

I just find it hard to believe that the food they provide will be much better than any other mass produced food and still be able to keep the costs close to what they were paying before. 

and what is Mrs. Obama's standard?  calorie amount in a meal?  that's why she thinks Chik-Fil-A is unhealthy?  the new company will need to do nothing more but reduce their portion sizes and "wallah!" HEALTHIER!  so instead of eating too much CRAP, they will feed the kids a little bit of CRAP. um yay?

in my opinion, this is a political move to tell Chik-Fil-A to go fuck themselves. 

and if Chik-Fil-A wants to scream their political beliefs from the rooftops well they should have expected this. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: July 23, 2014, 08:49:44 AM »
I just find it hard to believe that the food they provide will be much better than any other mass produced food and still be able to keep the costs close to what they were paying before. 

and what is Mrs. Obama's standard?  calorie amount in a meal?  that's why she thinks Chik-Fil-A is unhealthy?  the new company will need to do nothing more but reduce their portion sizes and "wallah!" HEALTHIER!  so instead of eating too much CRAP, they will feed the kids a little bit of CRAP. um yay?

in my opinion, this is a political move to tell Chik-Fil-A to go fuck themselves. 

and if Chik-Fil-A wants to scream their political beliefs from the rooftops well they should have expected this. 

It might be just that.  Still can we agree that much of the food served is crap?  Can we also agree Chic-fil-a is not healthy food?  The law OB signed in 2010 might not be what's needed.  I don't know, i skimmed it a bit and didn't read it in detail.  I thinks its better than not doing anything about it. 

I would assume it would cost more to serve healthy food made from scratch.  But maybe not.  I don't really know. 

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #115 on: July 23, 2014, 09:00:52 AM »
It might be just that.  Still can we agree that much of the food served is crap?  Can we also agree Chic-fil-a is not healthy food?  The law OB signed in 2010 might not be what's needed.  I don't know, i skimmed it a bit and didn't read it in detail.  I thinks its better than not doing anything about it. 

I would assume it would cost more to serve healthy food made from scratch.  But maybe not.  I don't really know. 

agreed.  do I think that the food will be a lot healthier if we go with some other food corp?  no.  not really. 

like I said, they'll get some company to give the same type of food and reduce portion size and now it will be considered "healthy".  just like those Weight Watchers bars that are just candy bars.  but they're real small candy bars.  and they call it "health food".  its all marketing to the masses bullshit. 

its SO EASY for them to do this.  of course Chik-Fil-A is unhealthy.  so they'll use that reason for getting rid of them.  but we all know the real reason.

I think some people believe that these kids are going to get organic, grass fed 95% lean beef in their cheeseburgers and fresh organic fruits and vegetables handed out to them at lunch.  no they won't.  they'll get the same shit they've always gotten.  just a little bit less.

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: July 23, 2014, 11:30:39 AM »
Now you are just going the "lets take the argument to the ridiculous" land.

All you did was regurgitate typical right wing talking points that we exposed make ZERO sense:

Hence, basic fear propaganda. 

BTW:  What's shows on a high school grads resume is thatr he graduated from HIGH SCHOOL.

Another stupid argument saying that eating healthy food will show on his resume.   ::)

You make no sense, always with the left right talking points bullshit.

Wait, you said learning from school how to eat properly is preparing kids for adulthood\real world - put that on your resume and see how far it gets you.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: July 23, 2014, 11:33:35 AM »
You make no sense, always with the left right talking points bullshit.

Wait, you said learning from school how to eat properly is preparing kids for adulthood\real world - put that on your resume and see how far it gets you.

Eating right and or learning to eat healthy doesn't help you in adulthood?   ???

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #118 on: July 23, 2014, 11:48:11 AM »

Salt is unhealthy, meat is unhealthy, fat is unhealthy and heart healthy whole grains should be emphasized

A big bowl of cheerios with low fat milk, obviously, is the healthiest thing The Childrens should be eating

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: July 23, 2014, 11:56:32 AM »
Maybe they should try teaching them some skills that might actually be useful in the real world. No lets focus on school lunches.

I don't believe the only choices are to either focus on healthy and nutritious food in schools or on education. These subjects are not mutually exclusive. One consideration is that well nourished students have been shown to be more responsive and attentive to their education. Another consideration is in educating young people with regards making good food choices. One of the best teaching tools is teaching by example. If school cafeteria food choices are healthy ones and they taste good too, this sets a positive example which some young people aren't otherwise exposed to. 

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #120 on: July 23, 2014, 12:02:24 PM »
Salt is unhealthy, meat is unhealthy, fat is unhealthy and heart healthy whole grains should be emphasized

A big bowl of cheerios with low fat milk, obviously, is the healthiest thing The Childrens should be eating

some idiot could easily say to you, "dairy and grains are horrible for you".

that's the problem.  everyone has a different definition of "healthy" in this country.  and in their own minds they're all exactly right.  except most of those same people are fat fucks who couldn't run a mile or do one pullup to save their life.

my wife is a registered dietitian.  you should hear the stories she tells about how some parents feed their kids because of something their crossfit instructor told them.  you'd laugh your ass off.

so in the end they can use whoever and serve whatever they want.  will it be healthier?  by someone's definition it will be.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: July 23, 2014, 12:03:27 PM »

It was recently discovered that whole milk may actually be beneficial in losing and maintaining a healthy weight. The reason given for this is that whole milk leaves one feeling satisfied (not hungry) for a longer time then does non-fat milk. Cheerios is one of the more nutritious processed cereals. So you got that part right.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #122 on: July 23, 2014, 12:06:11 PM »

http://www.blisstree.com/2013/09/03/food/nutrition/10-reasons-to-quit-dairy/

http://wellnessmama.com/575/how-grains-are-killing-you-slowly/

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #123 on: July 23, 2014, 12:12:00 PM »
http://www.blisstree.com/2013/09/03/food/nutrition/10-reasons-to-quit-dairy/

http://wellnessmama.com/575/how-grains-are-killing-you-slowly/

and is any of this shit true?  no.  this is to create hysteria so food companies can prey on yuppies to buy their gluten free and organic products for 2 times the price.  again, no REAL scientific evidence exists that supports this.  but millions believe it.  the FDA and USDA have done endless amounts of research on this stuff and have never found anything that proved that any of these foods are unhealthy. 

here's the part where some tree hugging lib claims that the FDA and the USDA are in cahoots with large food corporations and keep information from us and give us food that they know will kill us.  yet that same guy voted to have that same government have more control over our health care in 2012.  yeah libs make a lot of sense.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: July 23, 2014, 12:14:21 PM »
some idiot could easily say to you, "dairy and grains are horrible for you".

that's the problem.  everyone has a different definition of "healthy" in this country.  and in their own minds they're all exactly right.  except most of those same people are fat fucks who couldn't run a mile or do one pullup to save their life.

my wife is a registered dietitian.  you should hear the stories she tells about how some parents feed their kids because of something their crossfit instructor told them.  you'd laugh your ass off.

so in the end they can use whoever and serve whatever they want.  will it be healthier?  by someone's definition it will be.

As your wife surely knows, the science of nutrition is ever evolving and changing. We learn new things about what is an isn't healthy for us everyday. See my post about whole milk. This is a fairly recent finding, BTW.

My wife has type II diabetes (which is well controlled with diet and oral meds) and she suffers from chronic kidney failure. Recently she had acute kidney failure and was on dialysis for about 3 months. Considering her delicate health, her diet is more crucial to her survival than it is for most of us. After attending several classes on nutrition and diet designed primarily for kidney patients, I've come to realize how complicated eating healthy can be for some people. One thing that seems pretty obvious though is that processed foods are often much worse for us then unprocessed foods, such as fresh vegetables, whole grains and small portions of protein rich foods, such as meat and fish.

If you need proof of this, read the labels on processed foods. There is a whole lot of stuff in there the human body doesn't need, such as flavor enhancers and preservatives. The same is true for most fast foods.