Author Topic: Obama Declares War On Chic-Fil-A  (Read 17648 times)

RRKore

• Getbig IV
Re: Obama Declares War On Chic-Fil-A
« Reply #125 on: July 23, 2014, 12:14:26 PM »
http://www.blisstree.com/2013/09/03/food/nutrition/10-reasons-to-quit-dairy/

http://wellnessmama.com/575/how-grains-are-killing-you-slowly/

I'm with you bears.  I'd love to eat a bowl of Cheerios but ya better look out for my horrible gluten shits afterwards.

Chex are pretty much the only cheap gluten-free cereal.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #126 on: July 23, 2014, 12:16:05 PM »
and is any of this shit true?  no.  this is to create hysteria so food companies can prey on yuppies to buy their gluten free and organic products for 2 times the price.  again, no REAL scientific evidence exists that supports this.  but millions believe it.  the FDA and USDA have done endless amounts of research on this stuff and have never found anything that proved that any of these foods are unhealthy. 

here's the part where some tree hugging lib claims that the FDA and the USDA are in cahoots with large food corporations and keep information from us and give us food that they know will kill us.  yet that same guy voted to have that same government have more control over our health care in 2012.  yeah libs make a lot of sense.

WTF?  Provide me your address and I will send you some of my gluten shit and some of my regular shit so you can compare the two.  For science.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #127 on: July 23, 2014, 12:20:56 PM »

apparently my dripping sarcasm was too close to mirroring the actual stance of the Government Guardians of Public Health.

oh, I forgot to include that ''processed'' food is unhealthy too - unless you personally dug it out of your garden or caught it yourself it's dangerous to eat.

Common sense macros and keeping calories at baseline is the only thing the majority of people need to worry about, but that doesn't require government oversight or allow Whole Foods hipsters to indulge their OCD food neurosis about whatever is currently 'bad' (gluten omg)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: July 23, 2014, 12:24:10 PM »

Interesting articles.

I believe this helps point out why diet and nutrition are so confusing for most of us. I'm not going to look for counter arguments to the claims in those articles, but I am confident there are many out there.

One thing I'd like to stress is portion control. More than any other problem, it seems, is our tendency to eat more than we need. This is not entirely our own fault. "Empty calorie" foods only satisfy our hunger for a short while. Most restaurants serve meals that are double or even triple the amount of food one needs.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: July 23, 2014, 12:32:29 PM »
apparently my dripping sarcasm was too close to mirroring the actual stance of the Government Guardians of Public Health.

oh, I forgot to include that ''processed'' food is unhealthy too - unless you personally dug it out of your garden or caught it yourself it's dangerous to eat.

Common sense macros and keeping calories at baseline is the only thing the majority of people need to worry about, but that doesn't require government oversight or allow Whole Foods hipsters to indulge their OCD food neurosis about whatever is currently 'bad' (gluten omg)

Are you aware that phosphorous is added to some processed foods to enhance flavor?  Some phosphorous is fine, too much is harmful to our health. How do you know when you are getting too much? You don't! The reason for this is that it is often not a listed ingredient on the label.

People are gullible and easily misguided. While a few people suffer digestive issues as a result of eating gluten, this is comparatively rare. Most of us benefit from some glutens in our diet. Unfortunately, there seems to be a gluten free craze going on at present.

Another interesting fad is the organic food fad. I'm all for food that aren't genetically altered, but I don't want to eat apples with worms either.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: July 23, 2014, 12:38:57 PM »
Here's a little factoid about school food nutrition standards. Did you know that catsup is considered a vegetable according to the food service industry which is a mainstay of the meals served in schools?

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #131 on: July 23, 2014, 01:19:11 PM »
Here's a little factoid about school food nutrition standards. Did you know that catsup is considered a vegetable according to the food service industry which is a mainstay of the meals served in schools?

see the standards are already fuzzy.  which leads us back to my original point.  doesn't matter who gets the contract.  there will be a perfectly reasonable argument (to the lay person) that their food is healthier then Chik-Fil-A, even if its not.

the important part for the Obama administration is that they stop patronizing a corporation who doesn't hold their same ideals.

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #132 on: July 23, 2014, 01:31:14 PM »
Mine and my wife's health insurance went down by about $100 a month each, since you asked.

If you say so.  ::)
A

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: July 23, 2014, 03:50:10 PM »
If you say so.  ::)

Do you think I am lying? Really, what's with the  ::)?

Last year we each had Regence MedAdvantage RX Enhanced. We each currently have Regence MedAdvantage RX Classic. With Classic our maximum out-of-pocket is $3,400 per year. With Enhanced the max out of pocket is only $2,500. The monthly premium this year for Enhanced is $178. The monthly premium for Classic is $66. The difference is actually $112 per month each. If you do the math, you'll see that even if one has high usage and maxes out, they still save money with the Classic.

Prescription drug coverage is about the same with either plan (many generic drugs cost less then the lowest co-pay).

Both Classic and Advantage are PPOs.  

If you still think I am making this up, you can check with Portland, OR. Regence for their Med-Advantage pricing. I mention the location because rates vary by location. Oregon generally has higher rates then some other parts of the country.

Med-Advantage insurance is only available to people on Medicare. We each pay an additional $100 per month for Medicare.

I use an agent who specializes in Medicare plans. The agent reviews our individual needs and tries to match us up with the best insurance for our situation. This is not something which is purchased through the Affordable Health Care Act exchange, or the Oregon version thereof. It has little to do with "Obamacare" except in anyway that Obamacare might affect premium costs industry wide. I don't know that anyone has looked at this issue yet. It could be that Obamacare has made the market more competitive or less competitive. I think this remains to be seen.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #134 on: July 23, 2014, 05:59:23 PM »
Obama is not exactly the best spokesman here.  He is always seen high, drunk, drinking beers, scarfing down ice cream, burgers dogs, etc.  Same for his husband. 

He sure knows how to party that Obama.

Why not try doing the same thing Soul? You cant get any worse maybe it will help you.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #135 on: July 23, 2014, 06:00:18 PM »
The premiums are higher for him seeing his past history of mental illness.  On the bright side, they can't rule being a fag (which is way worse than being gay) as a pre existing condition anymore.   Once pills come out to cure that afflictions, his insurance will be worth the extra dime or two.

LOL

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #136 on: July 23, 2014, 06:07:57 PM »
This is funny, when I was in school you should have seen the crap they served in the lunch room. Commodity pizza, shit was so greasy people would use half a container of napkins to soak it up. Something they called hot dogs, greasy ass french fries. Cookies....... No one seemed to give a shit then, why now all of the sudden?  Oh thats right it for the children  ::). Maybe they should try teaching them some skills that might actually be useful in the real world. No lets focus on school lunches.

So your saying its broke but you dont want to fix it,,, because your afraid the school will forget all about teaching knowledge and only teach food recipies for students from now on?

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #137 on: July 23, 2014, 06:10:35 PM »
This is funny, when I was in school you should have seen the crap they served in the lunch room. Commodity pizza, shit was so greasy people would use half a container of napkins to soak it up. Something they called hot dogs, greasy ass french fries. Cookies....... No one seemed to give a shit then, why now all of the sudden?  Oh thats right it for the children  ::). Maybe they should try teaching them some skills that might actually be useful in the real world. No lets focus on school lunches.

Knowing what foods is good for you is not useful in the real world?

What is useful in the real world in your mind?

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #138 on: July 23, 2014, 06:12:50 PM »
um yeah that's why they're going to give the contract to another giant corporation whose political leanings are more suited towards the Obama administration.  that's the whole point of all of this.

do you say the words that you post out loud to yourself before you post them?

I find it funny how the only conspiracy theories you guys but into are the ones that happened before 2008.  do you think crony capitalism died with the Bush administration?  the scary thing is that I think you actually do.

Sure and so what? If they produce better food its all good.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #139 on: July 23, 2014, 06:14:41 PM »
Yeah its all hate the dem fear propaganda  ::), I guess in your world .gov = dems  ::)

Yeah learning how to eat healthy is going to look great on your resume.............

Not on your resume...

But 10 years more on the gravestone is gonna look and feel great.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: July 23, 2014, 08:55:58 PM »
I find it interesting that this being a bodybuilding Website and that many of the supposed bodybuilders here are very concerned about their diet in order to be as competitive as possible, that you are not equally as concerned about your kids nutrition. One might suggest that diet is more important to bodybuilders than it is to the general public. And yet here we are arguing about whether it is okay for schools to feed our kids crap food. Are we that self-absorbed that we don't really give a damn what our kids are fed as long as we eat well? I don't believe it.

Truth be told, if you are a parent, one would hope it would make you absolutely crazy to know how poorly your protégés  food offerings were when you sent them off to school. I want to believe that each and every one of you would pack your precious little ones lunch everyday to insure they were healthy and well fed.

If you are concerned with too much government interference in our lives, make absolutely sure that there is no reason for government intervention. Our future is with our youth. If you care about the future, you care about what happens to all young people and not just your own kids.

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #141 on: July 24, 2014, 06:02:04 AM »
Knowing what foods is good for you is not useful in the real world?

What is useful in the real world in your mind?

Whats useful? Knowing how to read, math, science, you know all those things that are supposed to be taught. But hey knowing what food is good for you, like it takes a rocket scientist to figure that out, is more important than those other things..........  I guess it just means less competition for jobs in the future
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #142 on: July 24, 2014, 06:03:55 AM »

Not on your resume...

But 10 years more on the gravestone is gonna look and feel great.

And you know this how? Is this another one of those .gov one size fits all initiatives?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #143 on: July 24, 2014, 07:18:00 AM »
I find it interesting that this being a bodybuilding Website and that many of the supposed bodybuilders here are very concerned about their diet in order to be as competitive as possible, that you are not equally as concerned about your kids nutrition. One might suggest that diet is more important to bodybuilders than it is to the general public. And yet here we are arguing about whether it is okay for schools to feed our kids crap food. Are we that self-absorbed that we don't really give a damn what our kids are fed as long as we eat well? I don't believe it.

Truth be told, if you are a parent, one would hope it would make you absolutely crazy to know how poorly your protégés  food offerings were when you sent them off to school. I want to believe that each and every one of you would pack your precious little ones lunch everyday to insure they were healthy and well fed.

If you are concerned with too much government interference in our lives, make absolutely sure that there is no reason for government intervention. Our future is with our youth. If you care about the future, you care about what happens to all young people and not just your own kids.

I hear you on that.  my problem is that I'm not crazy about my taxes rising and HOPING that the government actually implements a plan that successfully carries out its intended purpose.  what if they subsidize lunches, the food isn't much better because all they do is give the kids the same food but in smaller portions and i'm paying more taxes than I was before? 

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #144 on: July 24, 2014, 09:00:18 AM »

That's just it - there IS NO REASON for it!

I really feel sorry for you people who think govt knows what's best for not only yourselves, but for everyone else as well.
A

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #145 on: July 24, 2014, 04:50:23 PM »
"the government knows best" is an over used talking point.  If they set good lines, then good, if they don't then its not.  Simple. 

If they allow crap foods, then its not a good law.

NOT allowing Chic-fil-a is a no brainer. 

I ETA PI

• Getbig III
  • TAPPA KEGGA BREW!
« Reply #146 on: July 24, 2014, 05:14:15 PM »

I am concerned about my kid's nutrition, which is why they bring lunch to school.  I'm also concerned that some dumbfuck government official is going to be able to decide whether or not my lunch choice is nutritious or not.  My wife's best friend is a nutritionist.  I'm almost certain she's retarded.  She's also fat and had no idea that alcohol contained calories.  My wife and I both have graduate degrees--she's a doctor (who also happens to be thin and knows that alcohol contains 7 calories per gram).  I'd prefer my children eat what she packs in their lunch, not what her dumbfuck nutritionist friend thinks they should pack.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: July 24, 2014, 05:29:04 PM »
I am concerned about my kid's nutrition, which is why they bring lunch to school.  I'm also concerned that some dumbfuck government official is going to be able to decide whether or not my lunch choice is nutritious or not.  My wife's best friend is a nutritionist.  I'm almost certain she's retarded.  She's also fat and had no idea that alcohol contained calories.  My wife and I both have graduate degrees--she's a doctor (who also happens to be thin and knows that alcohol contains 7 calories per gram).  I'd prefer my children eat what she packs in their lunch, not what her dumbfuck nutritionist friend thinks they should pack.

You shouldn't base your opinion of all nutritionists on this one person you mention. Surely there are nutritionists who are knowledgeable about good nutrition. I know some people with graduate degrees who are very dense and illogical. I would go so far as to say all people with graduate degrees are dense and illogical because of this. No doubt there are some "dumb fuck" government officials. Again, not all folks in government fit that profile.

I am all for packing a lunch as opposed to eating food you have no idea about where it came from, what it contains or whether it is highly processed. I doubt our freedom is in danger of being eroded to the point that government will dictate what foods you can and can't pack in your kid's lunch as long as those foods are not illegal substances.

I ETA PI

• Getbig III
  • TAPPA KEGGA BREW!
« Reply #148 on: July 24, 2014, 05:58:49 PM »
You shouldn't base your opinion of all nutritionists on this one person you mention. Surely there are nutritionists who are knowledgeable about good nutrition. I know some people with graduate degrees who are very dense and illogical. I would go so far as to say all people with graduate degrees are dense and illogical because of this. No doubt there are some "dumb fuck" government officials. Again, not all folks in government fit that profile.

I am all for packing a lunch as opposed to eating food you have no idea about where it came from, what it contains or whether it is highly processed. I doubt our freedom is in danger of being eroded to the point that government will dictate what foods you can and can't pack in your kid's lunch as long as those foods are not illegal substances.

The point is that I pack my children a nutritious lunch and have no desire to have a school official decide whether or not it meets their criteria for a proper lunch. 

An analogy would be a basic generalized strength training routine for a high school football team.  The program has to be basic and general enough so that a hundred players of different athletic levels can all follow the routine.  There are always highly motivated kids who are training on their own and using a more advanced routine.  If the coach forces them to follow the team routine, they will progress less than if they used the more advanced routine....so you end up limiting those players in order for the lazy unmotivated players to be able to keep up with the one basic routine. 

That's what always happens with government programs. 
My kids may end up with a less nutritious lunch in order to meet the "general guidelines" so that the kids who's parents don't feed them properly will have a more nutritious lunch. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #149 on: July 24, 2014, 06:11:07 PM »
"the government knows best" is an over used talking point.  If they set good lines, then good, if they don't then its not.  Simple. 

If they allow crap foods, then its not a good law.

NOT allowing Chic-fil-a is a no brainer. 

I only need three micronutrients.  Vitamin U, S, and A.