Author Topic: Obama Declares War On Chic-Fil-A  (Read 18004 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Obama Declares War On Chic-Fil-A
« Reply #150 on: July 24, 2014, 10:28:55 PM »
The point is that I pack my children a nutritious lunch and have no desire to have a school official decide whether or not it meets their criteria for a proper lunch.  

An analogy would be a basic generalized strength training routine for a high school football team.  The program has to be basic and general enough so that a hundred players of different athletic levels can all follow the routine.  There are always highly motivated kids who are training on their own and using a more advanced routine.  If the coach forces them to follow the team routine, they will progress less than if they used the more advanced routine....so you end up limiting those players in order for the lazy unmotivated players to be able to keep up with the one basic routine.  

That's what always happens with government programs.  
My kids may end up with a less nutritious lunch in order to meet the "general guidelines" so that the kids who's parents don't feed them properly will have a more nutritious lunch.  

I understand your fears. I think in this case they are off base and a little over thought. If you are concerned about what your children are given to eat in school food programs, send them off to school with foods you've prepared for them.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #151 on: July 25, 2014, 06:38:04 AM »
Whats useful? Knowing how to read, math, science, you know all those things that are supposed to be taught. But hey knowing what food is good for you, like it takes a rocket scientist to figure that out, is more important than those other things..........  I guess it just means less competition for jobs in the future

So if they serve healthy food at school lunch they for some reason cant teach you to read do matc etc..?

I dont see the connection

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #152 on: July 25, 2014, 06:39:41 AM »
And you know this how? Is this another one of those .gov one size fits all initiatives?

How i know you are gonna live longer with a healthy lifestyle?
Is this a serious question?

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #153 on: July 25, 2014, 06:40:55 AM »
"the government knows best" is an over used talking point.  If they set good lines, then good, if they don't then its not.  Simple. 

If they allow crap foods, then its not a good law.

NOT allowing Chic-fil-a is a no brainer. 

+1

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #154 on: July 25, 2014, 08:00:11 AM »
Sure and so what? If they produce better food its all good.

the problem I have is that you're convinced they will.  and i'm fairly certain they won't.  may I remind you that you seem to believe strongly that Chik-Fil-A is very unhealthy.  and that was their FIRST choice.  so you're going to allow the same people that made that choice to make another choice that will most probably be more expensive.  and you have undying faith in these same decision makers.

who are they putting in charge of this?  Mrs. Obama.  she's not qualified.

remember Bigger Faster Stronger when they met Henry Waxman, who was in charge of the fight against anabolic steroids?  he didn't even know what steroids were.  this is what we're going to inevitably pay out more tax dollars for.

I guess I just don't know why you have so much faith that the government is going to feed our kids better and why you're so willing to pay more tax dollars out of your hard earned money to let THEM do this.  I think the money is better spent getting information out to parents, educating people and encouraging parents to feed their children better.

i'm curious to know that if the Bush administration was doing the same thing would you be so supportive?  even if one of GWB's buddies who owned a food corp landed the contract? 

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #155 on: July 25, 2014, 08:21:45 AM »
i'm curious to know that if the Bush administration was doing the same thing would you be so supportive?  even if one of GWB's buddies who owned a food corp landed the contract? 

HEHHEEHE!!

That libtard moron that you responded to would have posted 8409238340284028 threads attacking Bush.

All the liberal idiots on this board attacked Bush for overstepping his authority but they applaud and continue to support theclowninthewhitehouse for doing the same thing and in some cases doing much worse.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #156 on: July 25, 2014, 12:16:15 PM »
 I love how the statists keep crying how the government 'has' to step in to give the kids 'free' (lol) 'healthy' (lol) government contractor supplied lunches.. when the parents of the kids on free meals are getting EBT and other taxpayers money that's supposed to be used to provide for the kids they keep spitting out.

God forbid they use some of their beer, cable, lotto ticket and Kools money to buy a loaf of bread, some sliced ham and cheese and an apple to put in their kids lunch box. I know ham is high is the evil republican mineral sodium, which is the equivalent of feeding kids arsenic  ::) but sometimes you gotta make do.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: July 25, 2014, 12:33:08 PM »
the problem I have is that you're convinced they will.  and i'm fairly certain they won't.  may I remind you that you seem to believe strongly that Chik-Fil-A is very unhealthy.  and that was their FIRST choice.  so you're going to allow the same people that made that choice to make another choice that will most probably be more expensive.  and you have undying faith in these same decision makers.

who are they putting in charge of this?  Mrs. Obama.  she's not qualified.

remember Bigger Faster Stronger when they met Henry Waxman, who was in charge of the fight against anabolic steroids?  he didn't even know what steroids were.  this is what we're going to inevitably pay out more tax dollars for.

I guess I just don't know why you have so much faith that the government is going to feed our kids better and why you're so willing to pay more tax dollars out of your hard earned money to let THEM do this.  I think the money is better spent getting information out to parents, educating people and encouraging parents to feed their children better.

i'm curious to know that if the Bush administration was doing the same thing would you be so supportive?  even if one of GWB's buddies who owned a food corp landed the contract?  

Public education is a branch of state government and also must comply with federal laws regarding education. Essentially every decision made about what food is served or not served in schools is therefore a government decision.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: July 25, 2014, 12:42:18 PM »
http://www.nationaljournal.com/domesticpolicy/the-government-is-cracking-down-on-school-bake-sales-20140725

>:(

-Interesting article. State government pushing back at a federal law. Did you know that some states have legalized marijuana even for recreational use? Marijuana is still illegal under federal law.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: July 25, 2014, 12:45:28 PM »
-Interesting article. State government pushing back at a federal law. Did you know that some states have legalized marijuana even for recreational use? Marijuana is still illegal under federal law.

according to liberals - ban cupcakes   legalize drugs

makes sense eh? 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: July 25, 2014, 01:02:50 PM »

according to liberals - ban cupcakes   legalize drugs

makes sense eh? 

Huh? How do you get that from what I posted? My post exampled the fact that state and federal laws are often in disagreement. There are liberal and conservative law makers in both federal and state government.

Did you even read the article you linked in your post beyond just the title of it? The article is about states rejecting the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: July 25, 2014, 01:24:07 PM »
Huh? How do you get that from what I posted? My post exampled the fact that state and federal laws are often in disagreement. There are liberal and conservative law makers in both federal and state government.

Did you even read the article you linked in your post beyond just the title of it? The article is about states rejecting the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act.

Was just being a dick in general.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #163 on: July 25, 2014, 01:24:47 PM »
True Adonis, GET IN HERE!!

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #164 on: July 25, 2014, 01:34:36 PM »
Public education is a branch of state government and also must comply with federal laws regarding education. Essentially every decision made about what food is served or not served in schools is therefore a government decision.

yup.  and Chik-Fil-A is a corporation run by conservative republicans.  is that why they're being ousted?  I don't know for sure.  what I do know is if they are actually replaced by a food corporation that serves healthier food for the same price i'll be very surprised.

and i'm quite certain they won't be replaced by another American food corporation whose stockholders are against gay marriage and abortion.

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #165 on: July 25, 2014, 04:29:43 PM »

So if they serve healthy food at school lunch they for some reason cant teach you to read do matc etc..?

I dont see the connection

Maybe you should look in the mirror, it will give a clue to the kind of retards that are being turned by the school system
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: July 25, 2014, 04:30:56 PM »
How i know you are gonna live longer with a healthy lifestyle?
Is this a serious question?

Complete horse shit, how long you live is based on genetics plain and simple.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #167 on: July 25, 2014, 07:49:48 PM »

It should be so simple. Lifestyle choices also affect your lifespan.

If you are right, then Getbiggers are in for the long haul with me because genetically speaking longevity is commonplace in my family.

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #168 on: July 26, 2014, 10:36:04 AM »
"the government knows best" is an over used talking point.  If they set good lines, then good, if they don't then its not.  Simple. 

If they allow crap foods, then its not a good law.

NOT allowing Chic-fil-a is a no brainer. 

It's overused by implication (if not outright) by those of you who actually believe it.

Who decides what's good and what's crap?

How about you just not eat there?

I don't even eat it - it's "crap" in my subjective opinion. But I don't have the right to tell others they can't eat it.

What about cigarettes? Booze? OTC pain meds that wreck internal organs? Why not crusade against that stuff?
A

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: July 26, 2014, 01:49:42 PM »
It's overused by implication (if not outright) by those of you who actually believe it.

Who decides what's good and what's crap?

How about you just not eat there?

I don't even eat it - it's "crap" in my subjective opinion. But I don't have the right to tell others they can't eat it.

What about cigarettes? Booze? OTC pain meds that wreck internal organs? Why not crusade against that stuff?

I don't think anyone is suggesting Chick-Fil-A should be off limits to adults who can make up there own minds with regards to what they eat. The issue with Chick-Fil-A is that it was being served to kids in school as part of a school lunch program. Since most kids don't know or care about good nutrition, they are more susceptible to unhealthy food choices. From what I read, Chick-Fil-A was giving the schools kickbacks for selling their products which helped offset the cost of field trips. This is why that particular school district Superintendent is upset about the comments made regarding Chick-Fil-A being unhealthy food.

As a parent, I would hope the Superintendent of the school district my kids go to would be more concerned about the quality of food the district served my kids then in accepting bribes from some fast food company to help cover the cost of field trips.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #170 on: July 26, 2014, 02:27:38 PM »
lol @ what this argument has become.

If you don't support letting school kids eat as much fast food as they want in the school cafeteria, you hate freedom.

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: July 26, 2014, 04:21:02 PM »

If you don't support letting school kids eat as much fast food as they want in the school cafeteria, you hate freedom.

Making choices for yourself is the only real freedom anyone really has in this country anymore.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: July 26, 2014, 07:53:38 PM »

Communism sucks.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #173 on: July 26, 2014, 08:13:36 PM »
Communism sucks.

Lets take it a step further. In the 1990's I worked at on of the district's high schools. The students had a smoking area out under a covered porch. Smoking has been banned in school for decades. I say that is a violation of our kid's freedom. Heck even the adults can't smoke at school any longer. The government has no business banning smoking if the kids wish to do it. Makes no difference if it's supposedly bad for them.

Why should young folks have to wait until they are 21 to drink alcohol legally? Some start drinking sooner then allowed under law. In Germany, it is primarily up to parents to decide if their kids can have a drink. Do that here and the parents go to jail. I say lift the ban on underage drinking, give young folks back their freedom.

No doubt some high school kids are using steroids. What's with banning them anyway? If you want to get buff the easy way and risk dying young, why should the government interfere?

Another gripe of mine is seat belts. Not only do kids have to wear them, so does everyone else, except maybe the cops. They didn't even have seat belts when I was a kid....couldn't have worn one if I wanted. I enjoyed riding around in my parents convertible with the top down, wind blowing through my hair and the thrill of maybe getting tossed out of the car really made the ride thrilling. Damn government interference!

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #174 on: July 27, 2014, 02:14:34 AM »

Nasser's family probably doesn't think this. :(