Author Topic: Obama Declares War On Chic-Fil-A  (Read 17650 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Obama Declares War On Chic-Fil-A
« Reply #200 on: July 29, 2014, 10:51:20 AM »
Who the F cares if its unhealthy or not? 

Most of the shit Ofagget is seen eating on TV is unhealthy yet no one is suggesting he no longer eat dogs, burgers beers ice cream cakes etc right? 

Its called F R E E D O M  - 

Let's not get side tracked talking about who we would have supported when and where, and not get side tracked talking about something that isn't happening.

I don't think we are talking about having the government provide the food, nor is there any program enacted or proposed for a vote saying that.

I think its important that the government set standards on what can and can not be served at public schools.   I am not sure that this law signed in 2010 does what's needed to make sure healthy foods (with in reason) are served at public schools.  What ever these standards are they need to be realistic and reasonable, otherwise I am against it.  Things like just reducing portion size or re categorizing crappy foods as healthy I am certainly against.

But can we agree that much of what's served now isn't healthy and chic-fil-a is definitely NOT healthy?

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #201 on: July 29, 2014, 11:08:13 AM »

Most of the shit Ofagget is seen eating on TV is unhealthy yet no one is suggesting he no longer eat dogs, burgers beers ice cream cakes etc right? 

It's not ab out OB dumbass.   Unlike you, everything in the world is NOT about OB.   ::)

Left up to you conservative pussies we wouldn't even have public schools.  It would be a country of inbred uneducated FAT cry baby hill billies.  But at least you'd have F R E E D O M to go along with dirt roads and shanty shacks.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #202 on: July 29, 2014, 11:09:51 AM »
It's not ab out OB dumbass.   Unlike you, everything in the world is NOT about OB.   ::)

Left up to you conservative pussies we wouldn't even have public schools.  It would be a country of inbred uneducated FAT cry baby hill billies.  But at least you'd have F R E E D O M to go along with dirt roads and shanty shacks.

Um - the thread is about FAILURE in Chief declaring war on Chic a Filet no?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #203 on: July 29, 2014, 11:11:02 AM »
Um - the thread is about FAILURE in Chief declaring war on Chic a Filet no?

That's one of the discussions the thread started with yes.  Did it stay on that exact subject on every page or did it evolve in to other discussions?

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #204 on: July 29, 2014, 11:13:57 AM »

Yeah sure nothing but dirt roads, shacks, and polution  ::)
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #205 on: July 29, 2014, 11:57:08 AM »
Yeah sure nothing but dirt roads, shacks, and polution  ::)

Left to the extreme right?  Nothing is good when left to any extreme position, left of right.

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #206 on: July 29, 2014, 12:09:56 PM »
Yes.    Side note - ofagget drinks oe and colt 45 w his chooms for breakfast
you should be concerned about the purity of water; then again, you can't even open the top off of a bottle of water.
w

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #207 on: July 29, 2014, 12:58:43 PM »
Left to the extreme right?  Nothing is good when left to any extreme position, left of right.

There is a point when .gov surpasses providing for the common good. That point comes when every thing that gets presented as a possible health danger becomes fair game for .gov to step in.

Why are cigarettes legal? Because of the huge amount of tax that is collected
Why is booze legal? Because of the huge amount of tax that is collected ( not to mention they tried once and the Mob met the demand)

See a pattern here, if .gov can tax anything and make huge revenue, well fuck your health............
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #208 on: July 29, 2014, 01:12:47 PM »

There is a point when .gov surpasses providing for the common good. That point comes when every thing that gets presented as a possible health danger becomes fair game for .gov to step in.

I agree.

Why are cigarettes legal? Because of the huge amount of tax that is collected
Why is booze legal? Because of the huge amount of tax that is collected ( not to mention they tried once and the Mob met the demand)

I think there is more to it than a simplistic reason (tax dollars)  for those things to be legal.

See a pattern here, if .gov can tax anything and make huge revenue, well fuck your health............

I think you are applying incorrect association.  Otherwise, why isn't meth legal?

Point is there is more to it than that concerning those things you listed.

But back the original discussion.....

We aren't talking about the "government providing"  we are talking about having a standard for the food served in public schools. 

the extreme righties would still have the F R E E D O M to choose a private school build on dirt roads that serves twinkees if they want and parents will still have the F R E E D O M TO send their kids to school with twinkies.

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #209 on: July 29, 2014, 01:26:57 PM »
I agree.

I think there is more to it than a simplistic reason (tax dollars)  for those things to be legal.

I think you are applying incorrect association.  Otherwise, why isn't meth legal?

Point is there is more to it than that concerning those things you listed.

But back the original discussion.....

We aren't talking about the "government providing"  we are talking about having a standard for the food served in public schools. 

the extreme righties would still have the F R E E D O M to choose a private school build on dirt roads that serves twinkees if they want and parents will still have the F R E E D O M TO send their kids to school with twinkies.

LOL the standards .gov sets, ketchup is a vegetable...........

And the far left would spend more and more time of PC crap, and never mind about actually preparing kids for the real world.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #210 on: July 29, 2014, 01:30:44 PM »
LOL the standards .gov sets, ketchup is a vegetable...........

And the far left would spend more and more time of PC crap, and never mind about actually preparing kids for the real world.

I know.  That's what some of the problems are for sure.

The question is, are those the standards in that 2010 law?

If so, they need to be changed. 

the point is, a standard needs to be set.  NOT ANY STANDARD.   

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #211 on: July 29, 2014, 01:32:54 PM »
I know.  That's what some of the problems are for sure.

The question is, are those the standards in that 2010 law?

If so, they need to be changed. 

the point is, a standard needs to be set.  NOT ANY STANDARD.   

And you trust the assholes in DC to set the standards?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #212 on: July 29, 2014, 01:37:28 PM »
And you trust the assholes in DC to set the standards?

No. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #213 on: July 29, 2014, 02:09:46 PM »
Hey if you want .gov telling you what to eat, where to work, how to live. Move to China.

Why is it that some people believe they must go over-the-top to try and prove their point?

Michelle Obama is the First Lady which is mainly just a figurehead position. She does not have the ability to make government policy or pass laws. Whatever she says, is therefore just her opinion. If she believes fast food is unhealthy, she's entitled to say so, just as you and I are. The only difference is more people will pay attention to what she says than what any of us say because we aren't in the public eye.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #214 on: July 29, 2014, 02:13:58 PM »

What President Obama eats is not relevant to anything. Do you never eat foods which aren't healthy? Do you believe it is good to make healthy food choices? Who knows, maybe you don't.

I know what foods are healthy and which ones aren't. If someone asks me about diet and nutrition, I am happy to share what I know with them. This doesn't mean I always make healthy nutritional choices myself.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #215 on: July 29, 2014, 02:14:41 PM »
Why is it that some people believe they must go over-the-top to try and prove their point?

Michelle Obama is the First Lady which is mainly just a figurehead position. She does not have the ability to make government policy or pass laws. Whatever she says, is therefore just her opinion. If she believes fast food is unhealthy, she's entitled to say so, just as you and I are. The only difference is more people will pay attention to what she says than what any of us say because we aren't in the public eye.

BS - there is laws and rules now - hence the school districts revolt against the guidelines tied to federal $.  

F michelle Obama and her pos husband - those two losers need to go back wherever African hut they came from and leave us alone.  Those two commies want tyranny and dictatorship - let them go live w Mugabe or Kim Sun or whoever.  

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #216 on: July 29, 2014, 03:07:12 PM »
Let's not get side tracked talking about who we would have supported when and where, and not get side tracked talking about something that isn't happening.

I don't think we are talking about having the government provide the food, nor is there any program enacted or proposed for a vote saying that.

I think its important that the government set standards on what can and can not be served at public schools.   I am not sure that this law signed in 2010 does what's needed to make sure healthy foods (with in reason) are served at public schools.  What ever these standards are they need to be realistic and reasonable, otherwise I am against it.  Things like just reducing portion size or re categorizing crappy foods as healthy I am certainly against.

But can we agree that much of what's served now isn't healthy and chic-fil-a is definitely NOT healthy?

Agree with the former, not necessarily with the latter. Chic-Fil-A's food is just fine, when eaten occasionally as designed. It ain't supposed to be the cornerstone of your diet. Besides, the "least healthy" of their items would be their fried chicken sandwich. But even it is fried in peanut oil, I believe. They stopped the trans fat stuff long before doing so became en vogue.

I'd take Chic-Fil-A over Mickey D's and Burger King all day. Plus, the lemonade (actual real lemonade) is fantastic.

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #217 on: July 29, 2014, 03:49:35 PM »

How am I going over the top, some here seem to think .gov really gives a shit about them. That all this nonsense is for their own good, well because there to fucking stupid to make a decision for themselves. It's all typical elitist bullshit, do as I say not as I do, just remember its the thought that counts  ::)
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #218 on: July 29, 2014, 08:30:15 PM »
How am I going over the top, some here seem to think .gov really gives a shit about them. That all this nonsense is for their own good, well because there to fucking stupid to make a decision for themselves. It's all typical elitist bullshit, do as I say not as I do, just remember its the thought that counts  ::)

I think you know very well when you go over-the-top by stretching reality to drive home the point you are hoping to make. You don't need me to show you when this is. You are a smart fellow, quit pretending otherwise.

I for one don't think most politicians give a rip about me personally except when I might contribute to their campaign of offer my endorsement. What is more, some politicians have such short memories that they will violate their campaign promises one day and then turn around and ask for an endorsement the next. Oregon's governor is doing this with me and an organization where I am the board chair as we speak. I couldn't believe he'd have the nerve to ask to meet with us to discuss endorsing him and, no doubt, contribute to his campaign with our folks dollars. Then I remembered, he's just a politician after all....nothing special about that. Whether I vote for him or not is another story. This depends on his competition.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #219 on: July 30, 2014, 05:42:05 PM »
I wonder how anyone survived before all these .gov standards were put in place?

http://demog.berkeley.edu/~andrew/1918/figure2.html

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #220 on: July 30, 2014, 05:44:02 PM »
Plus, if a corporation or company sucks, you can take your business elsewhere.

Ehh thats what they are doing so...

You can't do that with the government, which is why so many libs want them running so much stuff.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #221 on: July 30, 2014, 05:45:30 PM »
who says I have "high faith in "Chik-Fil-A"?  i've never even eaten there.  i'm sure its just like all other fast food places.

and yes i have very little faith in the government to provide services like these.  you should too.  i'm sure you didn't have this faith from 2000-2008.  but now you do?

If Bush wanted to change the food deliverer to someone who might make better food, why do you asume i would have a problem with that?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #222 on: July 30, 2014, 05:55:18 PM »

In 2013 the U.S. life expectancy ranked 35th of all the countries in the world. Males ranked 38th at 77.4 years while female life expectancy in the U.S. was 82.2 years.