Author Topic: Cars  (Read 1969 times)

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
Cars
« on: July 19, 2014, 06:41:02 PM »
I don't care who you are... where you're from... how much money you make... We've all wished, at least once, having a fast-enough car to fucking put everyone in they place. I give you Lamborghini:

This car is to cars what bodybuilding is to the human species.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
Re: Cars
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 06:43:11 PM »

crap?

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 06:44:19 PM »
crap?

Do you get paid by the dumb word?

You must me making a looooot of money!

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2014, 06:45:38 PM »
Love The Cars

Great band.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2014, 06:50:27 PM »
Love The Cars

Great band.

Dude, just imagine you're driving down any interstate and you being able to overtake any heavy-footers with a simple index-finger tap.

That's what these cars are all about.

Test drived one this weekend and...

H
O
L
Y

S
H
I
T

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2014, 06:51:11 PM »
It's not even a different car.

It's a different experience.

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
  • Revenge is a dish best served ice cold
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2014, 06:52:55 PM »
stupidest car ive ever seen!

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2014, 06:56:52 PM »
Dude, just imagine you're driving down any interstate and you being able to overtake any heavy-footers with a simple index-finger tap.

That's what these cars are all about.

Test drived one this weekend and...

H
O
L
Y

S
H
I
T

You test-drove a Lamborghini Veneno?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2014, 07:05:05 PM »
I don't care who you are... where you're from... how much money you make... We've all wished, at least once, having a fast-enough car to fucking put everyone in they place. I give you Lamborghini:

You do realize that a factory lambo super car is not nearly enough to 'put everyone in their place', right? Theres a shitton of 60 yr old piles of iron that would literally run away from that car on a highway running around the US.

not that im not saying that those cars arent cool and dont bave their place, but you need to be realistic. Youre not going to stomp your foot and run away from some rednecks 1960s street car on a highway just because youre in a lambo. Quick way to get embarrassed in your 250k car.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2014, 07:19:57 PM »
My son sent me this pic today of an Aventador at the parked out side the mall today. My three year Mid-life crisis goal..lol

*Note to slapper. Capitalism bought (or leased) this car :D.

MSRP $397k

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2014, 07:27:17 PM »

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2014, 07:52:42 PM »
You do realize that a factory lambo super car is not nearly enough to 'put everyone in their place', right? Theres a shitton of 60 yr old piles of iron that would literally run away from that car on a highway running around the US.

not that im not saying that those cars arent cool and dont bave their place, but you need to be realistic. Youre not going to stomp your foot and run away from some rednecks 1960s street car on a highway just because youre in a lambo. Quick way to get embarrassed in your 250k car.

Not on the Taconic!!

After years of driving a piece of shit of of Volvo XC90 I got to try a Lambo and... HOLLY FUCKING SHIT!

Dude, this car was going so fast I felt like Van Dam in a kinder garden kung fu competition.

LI-TE-RA-LLY.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2014, 08:00:02 PM »
And that difuser!

Mother of!

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2014, 08:03:19 PM »
Not on the Taconic!!

After years of driving a piece of shit of of Volvo XC90 I got to try a Lambo and... HOLLY FUCKING SHIT!

Dude, this car was going so fast I felt like Van Dam in a kinder garden kung fu competition.

LI-TE-RA-LLY.
Well, yes, I understand man, and its an awesome experience im sure... having been behind the wheel of 650hp 500ci chevelle (my old street/strip car), and ridden in street cars with up to 1600hp (TT Corvette), there are plenty of cars running around on our roads that will absolutely embarrass a factory lambo in an acceleration contest on a highway.

My point was just that if you were to buy it, dont expect that youre going to be the fastest thing on the road.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2014, 08:16:15 PM »

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2014, 08:23:34 PM »
Well, yes, I understand man, and its an awesome experience im sure... having been behind the wheel of 650hp 500ci chevelle (my old street/strip car), and ridden in street cars with up to 1600hp (TT Corvette), there are plenty of cars running around on our roads that will absolutely embarrass a factory lambo in an acceleration contest on a highway.

My point was just that if you were to buy it, dont expect that youre going to be the fastest thing on the road.

Oh, I was...

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2014, 08:25:21 PM »

orion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2014, 09:09:41 PM »
My idea of cars.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2014, 09:16:10 PM »

Actually, I have absolutely no interest in fast cars. I think they are dumb and pointless. Who cares if you can go faster than someone else lol.

I would rather take a luxurious car over a fast car.
X

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2014, 09:17:52 PM »
Actually, I have absolutely no interest in fast cars. I think they are dumb and pointless. Who cares if you can go faster than someone else lol.

I would rather take a luxurious car over a fast car.

Why not have both ;D

ksa_triceps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2014, 09:20:14 PM »

I'd rather be in that lambo than be in 1600hp C5 any day. And, the lambo guy can send a Gallardo to Underground Racing UGR and get back a machine that will mop the floor with everything you mentioned, and in style.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2014, 09:40:32 PM »

Acceleration contests on public streets are the sort of bullshit that immature teenage assholes who masturbate to clips from "Fast and the Furious" do. In fact, acceleration contests in general are silly; a car is so much more than a 0-120 time or any one, single metric.

And that's the problem with your old 650hp Chevelle: it's a single-metric car. It may be good (even great) for accelerating but it's... well... not good for much else. American muscle cars of that era simply handle like (very good-looking) shit. To be clar, if your goal is to only drag-race the car, then great; there's nothing wrong with having a purpose-built car. But it's silly to compare it against much more complete vehicles, by focusing on a single metric.

With that said, I'd never buy a Veneno (or, really, any modern Lamborghini) personally for three reasons:

First, it's meant exclusively as a track car. It's my understanding that it has a lexan windshield - and I mean windshield, it's not good for much else. I do not even know if it's street legal.

Second, although it's an amazing car from an engineering standpoint, I simply can't stand the design; it's too loud, obnoxious and just 'out there' for me. I want someting elegant - something like a Miura. (Disclaimer: I loved the Countach growing up, but it seems that Lamborghini has stagnated and just pump out slightly refined versions of the Countach wedge design - just a nip tuck, a line there and more electronics, more leather and more gears.)

Third, and most importantly, it really doesn't offer what I want in a car - at all. I don't care about acceleration or even really top speed. I care about having a car that visually appeals to me and is fast, comfortable and relaxing. In other words, I'm much more of a grand-tourer type person. Now, where can I pick my Aston Martin Vanquish from?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2014, 10:16:35 PM »
Acceleration contests on public streets are the sort of bullshit that immature teenage assholes who masturbate to clips from "Fast and the Furious" do. In fact, acceleration contests in general are silly; a car is so much more than a 0-120 time or any one, single metric.

And that's the problem with your old 650hp Chevelle: it's a single-metric car. It may be good (even great) for accelerating but it's... well... not good for much else. American muscle cars of that era simply handle like (very good-looking) shit. To be clar, if your goal is to only drag-race the car, then great; there's nothing wrong with having a purpose-built car. But it's silly to compare it against much more complete vehicles, by focusing on a single metric.

With that said, I'd never buy a Veneno (or, really, any modern Lamborghini) personally for three reasons:

First, it's meant exclusively as a track car. It's my understanding that it has a lexan windshield - and I mean windshield, it's not good for much else. I do not even know if it's street legal.

Second, although it's an amazing car from an engineering standpoint, I simply can't stand the design; it's too loud, obnoxious and just 'out there' for me. I want someting elegant - something like a Miura. (Disclaimer: I loved the Countach growing up, but it seems that Lamborghini has stagnated and just pump out slightly refined versions of the Countach wedge design - just a nip tuck, a line there and more electronics, more leather and more gears.)

Third, and most importantly, it really doesn't offer what I want in a car - at all. I don't care about acceleration or even really top speed. I care about having a car that visually appeals to me and is fast, comfortable and relaxing. In other words, I'm much more of a grand-tourer type person. Now, where can I pick my Aston Martin Vanquish from?
I think you completely missed the point.

My car was built for a single purpose (as you pointed out) to go fast in a straight line at my local racetrack and to cruise around and enjoy

Dude was talking about how awesome it was to be able to flick your foot and outrun any other car in his factory lambo. I was merely pointing out that was a bad reasoning for purchasing thay car, as it most certainly WOULDNT be able to simply run away from any other car on the road with a flick of his foot, and hed be upset if he purchased the car for that reason when he found himself in that scenario.

moralizing on street racing aside, since I work in the race industry and have been involved in cars at all levels or racing sans F1, I most certainly know that all cars have a purpose that theyre built for. The lambo is not meant to be a straight line king; yet that was what OP was implying with his obviously exaggerated post as he simply loved his experience.

It was simply meant as a reality check that no, you're not going to be the fastest thing on the road, and if you're not careful, you might get shown up by some rednecks 60 year old 4000lb hunk of iron.

I know everyone automatically wants to get into pissing matches about cars theyve never been in and frankly have only read about, and I was not going down that road (as ive never been im that car). Simply telling OP not to buy the car thinking hes going to outrun everything especially when the car isnt necessarily built with that in mind.

fuck. Mention something about an exotic may not be all their cracked up to be and everyone has a fucking meltdown (not you avxo, common thing on all forums, and the great part is all those arguing have never been in the cars, been around them, not a part of the industry, or know jack shit about them other than the pictures they have saved on their hard drives and their issues of car and driver)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2014, 10:19:52 PM »
I'd rather be in that lambo than be in 1600hp C5 any day. And, the lambo guy can send a Gallardo to Underground Racing UGR and get back a machine that will mop the floor with everything you mentioned, and in style.
Again, you completely missed the point. See above post.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2014, 10:33:56 PM »
Why not have both ;D

Well, yeah lol. But if I had a choice, I prefer luxury over sport.
X