Author Topic: Best deals on meat?  (Read 4690 times)

TEMPER

• Getbig III
Best deals on meat?
« on: July 19, 2014, 08:16:10 PM »
I have been spending between $30-$50 (depending on how much beef I buy) every 10 days or so for years now. And that is usually 2x8oz cooked weight chicken meals a day and an 8oz beef meal per day.

It is just now starting to hit me that maybe I'm missing out on some secret little tricks.

After trying the Wal-Mart frozen 3lb bag breasts I can't help but feel like they are still somehow fucking with me, even at like 1.60 a lb...whether it's "broth" or whatever fucking tricks they are pulling, something just doesn't seem right about them...And it got me thinking.

Housewives and soccer mom types seem to have all these little coupon tricks and shit because they have time to sit at home all day while their husbands work and study these secrets, they learn how to do this shit over the generations.

I do not have access to any of these types of women so I turn to the older and much wiser members of Getbig to enlighten me on the secrets of finding the best possible deals on chicken breast and ground beef / steak.

youandme

• Getbig V
Re: Best deals on meat?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 08:20:55 PM »
I clicked, expecting to view a greased up guy posing in a thong  :-\

thulsaDOOM210

• Getbig III
  • Enlightenment is my DOOM
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 08:29:39 PM »
Pm meat4less gaspoogio.  8)

Chacka

• Getbig III
  • He's not a homo he did that shit for money.
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2014, 08:35:14 PM »

... waiting for.Prime to take.thread over. ..

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
  • Revenge is a dish best served ice cold
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2014, 08:38:50 PM »
I have been spending between $30-$50 (depending on how much beef I buy) every 10 days or so for years now. And that is usually 2x8oz cooked weight chicken meals a day and an 8oz beef meal per day.

It is just now starting to hit me that maybe I'm missing out on some secret little tricks.

After trying the Wal-Mart frozen 3lb bag breasts I can't help but feel like they are still somehow fucking with me, even at like 1.60 a lb...whether it's "broth" or whatever fucking tricks they are pulling, something just doesn't seem right about them...And it got me thinking.

Housewives and soccer mom types seem to have all these little coupon tricks and shit because they have time to sit at home all day while their husbands work and study these secrets, they learn how to do this shit over the generations.

I do not have access to any of these types of women so I turn to the older and much wiser members of Getbig to enlighten me on the secrets of finding the best possible deals on chicken breast and ground beef / steak.

Get yourself a girlfriend that knows how to run a household. You haven't figured it out by now you never will

thulsaDOOM210

• Getbig III
  • Enlightenment is my DOOM
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2014, 08:41:17 PM »
I dont know if you have a mojo carniceria in your neck of the woods, but I buy about 2 1/2lbs of filets for about 8-9 bucks.

Its from Mexico complete with creutzfeldt-jacob's finest so you know its good.

TEMPER

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2014, 08:47:31 PM »
I dont know if you have a mojo carniceria in your neck of the woods, but I buy about 2 1/2lbs of filets for about 8-9 bucks.

Its from Mexico complete with creutzfeldt-jacob's finest so you know its good.

You mean chicken breast filets?
That's like $3.50/lb fuck that lol.

Or beef "filet" steak...

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “No no. Down here, Louie.”
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2014, 09:42:21 PM »

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2014, 09:44:17 PM »

Here's a secret - the cheapest chicken is fed shit it's not supposed to eat (corn and waste animal parts; other chicken and beef typically) and injected with hormones and antibiotics. You buy this, and you're guaranteed to eat shit.

Pay few bucks more and find grain fed chicken that runs free.

You're welcome.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2014, 10:28:20 PM »
Here's a secret - the cheapest chicken is fed shit it's not supposed to eat (corn and waste animal parts; other chicken and beef typically) and injected with hormones and antibiotics. You buy this, and you're guaranteed to eat shit.

You're welcome.

I believe it is illegal to inject with hormones and anti biotics.

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2014, 10:49:40 PM »
I believe it is illegal to inject with hormones and anti biotics.

Just like IFBB. Make it illegal and no one does it  ::)

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2014, 11:01:19 PM »
is that supposed to be a lot ???

food is expensive... i spent $350 at the grocery store last week

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2014, 11:14:14 PM »
Tempers meat, cannot be beat....

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2014, 11:16:17 PM »
is that supposed to be a lot ???

food is expensive... i spent $350 at the grocery store last week

for you and how many people... for how long.

lets be honest bro

TEMPER

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2014, 11:47:16 PM »

You're welcome.

Yeahhhhhh that's gonna happen...

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2014, 05:15:39 AM »
stop fucking complaining if you pay 1.60$ per lb...
in germany the cheapest you can get is 2.20€ per lb and thats if you buy the 3 pound bags... thats over 3$ per lb.

chicken breast and coalfish is the cheapest protein source you can get apart from quark (like cottage cheese but 0 fat), which costs about 1.50$ per 100g of protein (so its actually half as cheap as meat/fish). but it tastes shit.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2014, 05:24:24 AM »
stop fucking complaining if you pay 1.60$ per lb...
in germany the cheapest you can get is 2.20€ per lb and thats if you buy the 3 pound bags... thats over 3$ per lb.

chicken breast and coalfish is the cheapest protein source you can get apart from quark (like cottage cheese but 0 fat), which costs about 1.50$ per 100g of protein (so its actually half as cheap as meat/fish). but it tastes shit.
I love Quark.

hrspwr1

• Getbig III
  • flirtin with disaster everyday
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2014, 05:25:49 AM »
Buy beef a half or whole steer at a time. It brings the cost down to about $2. lb across the board.

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2014, 05:29:31 AM »

^^
Dude, I get the big $10 bags of fish fillets all the time, they are LEGIT and nothing wrong!

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2014, 05:32:15 AM »
Yeahhhhhh that's gonna happen...

You can find much better prices if you look around. Besides as getbigger you shouldn't have a problem affording that either if you can afford a private jet

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2014, 06:02:14 AM »
Buy beef a half or whole steer at a time. It brings the cost down to about $2. lb across the board.

I buy halves, but I end up with 40 pounds of ribs that I am too stupid to cook right.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2014, 06:35:40 AM »
Aldi, Sam's Club, or Costco will have the cheapest prices on meat.

Still, it's expensive....I do a lot of protein powder just because it's way cheaper

hrspwr1

• Getbig III
  • flirtin with disaster everyday
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2014, 06:39:36 AM »
I buy halves, but I end up with 40 pounds of ribs that I am too stupid to cook right.

I tell the processor to cut all that shit out and make ground chuck with it instead.  I like that I can get 1 1/2 thick steaks for $4 each.  ;)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2014, 06:54:48 AM »

ALDI  Cash or debit  - no credit cards.  Bring your own bags.  Not much (yet) in the way of organics but their basic fresh meat is decent.  Wednesdays start their sales week and meat special buys.  A couple weeks ago they had flanks and tenderloins for $5.99/lb.  Fresh chicken breasts are usually $2.40/lb ~ sometimes $1.99/lb.  Don't know what the frozen bags go for, but they do have a large frozen section.  Whole fresh chickens - .95/lb

You're welcome.

More than a "few bucks more".  I just bought a fresh whole local free range chicken which was $5/lb so ~ $25~ bucks.  Nothing will go to waste though.  After roasting, any leftovers will go into salad and then the carcass for stock and dog treats.

Fresh USDA Choice T-Bone Steak
per lb.$7.99

Fresh 85% Lean Organic Grass-Fed Ground Beef

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=376430.0
:

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2014, 07:00:53 AM »
I finally broke down and got a big freezer.  So far all that's in it are flanks, tenderloins, blueberries and strawberries.   Lining up my hunting buds for venison this fall  ;D 
: