Author Topic: ITS OFFICIAL! Fox host calls out Ted Cruz  (Read 3543 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: ITS OFFICIAL! Fox host calls out Ted Cruz
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2014, 02:28:04 PM »
1) http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2014/06/analysis-whats-the-real-reason-behind-central-american-immigrant-wave-u-s-law/
2) http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/07/02/immigration-obama-deportation-children-border/11915723/
3) http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/15/politics/immigration-unintended-consequences/

Washington (CNN) -- It was a good idea back in 2008, in the final days of the Bush administration.

With almost no opposition, Congress passed a new law to protect immigrant children from sex traffickers trying to bring them to the United States. It required judges to hold hearings for youngsters from countries other than neighboring Mexico and Canada, preventing them from possibly getting turned away at the border.

More than five years later, though, the William Wilberforce Trafficking Victims Protection Action Act is having unintended consequences. It contributes to the surge of child migrants from Central America overwhelming the U.S. immigration system.

Immigration Debate

'Documented' reporter detained at airport Now some in Congress want to change the law -- a possibility that could bring more unintended consequences

How did a law aimed at sex traffickers play a role in Central American kids coming here?

A desire to crack down on the global child slave trade led to the law named for a 19th Century British abolitionist. President George W. Bush signed it the month before he left the White House.

It ensured that children who came to the United States got a full immigration hearing instead of being turned away or sent back. The goal of the hearing? To determine if the children had a valid claim for asylum.

Here's the catch: The immigration courts are so backlogged that it can take years for a child's hearing date to come around. As they wait, most stay with relatives or friends already in the country, attend school and generally go about their lives.

It didn't take long for word to spread to families in Central America: Send the kids, and they'll end up in immigration limbo with little threat of deportation -- all the while getting a decent education.

The first link is one you already posted.  The second and third say the same thing as the first.  None of them answer the question I asked, which is whether these are the kids of human trafficking.  

I also read this from the third link:  "The government says up to 90,000 children will arrive on their own this year, compared with about 39,000 the Border Patrol detained last year."  I guess it's possible that there was a spike in purported human trafficking that resulted the number doubling, but it's more likely that people know it's open season on our borders, with the president essentially bypassing Congress on amnesty.  

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2014, 02:34:41 PM »
The first link is one you already posted.  The second and third say the same thing as the first.  None of them answer the question I asked, which is whether these are the kids of human trafficking.  

I also read this from the third link:  "The government says up to 90,000 children will arrive on their own this year, compared with about 39,000 the Border Patrol detained last year."  I guess it's possible that there was a spike in purported human trafficking that resulted the number doubling, but it's more likely that people know it's open season on our borders, with the president essentially bypassing Congress on amnesty.  

As per the law. It is illegal to deport alien children. Its intensions were to curb human trafficking, but its doesnt differentiate between which children are a victim of trafficking. It applies to all unaccompanied children...... hence, the reason they cant be deported immediatly... And now Obama is trying to close the loophole in the law...

Is it a bit more clear?

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2014, 02:36:28 PM »
Procedures for helping young unaccompanied illegal immigrants are based in part on legislation approved by Congress in 2008, yet some lawmakers who did not object to the measure then are against the procedures now.
Gov. Mary Fallin and Rep. Tom Cole, R-Moore, were members of the U.S. House when the bill passed without objection.
The William Wilberforce Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act of 2008 also passed the U.S. Senate by unanimous consent and was signed into law by President George W. Bush.
The act was mainly intended to help human trafficking victims, but one part had provisions for unaccompanied illegal immigrants under age 18.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2014, 03:46:30 PM »

As per the law. It is illegal to deport alien children. Its intensions were to curb human trafficking, but its doesnt differentiate between which children are a victim of trafficking. It applies to all unaccompanied children...... hence, the reason they cant be deported immediatly... And now Obama is trying to close the loophole in the law...

Is it a bit more clear?

Based on what I read (which is what you posted), it's illegal to deport the kids who are victims of human trafficking without a hearing.  I didn't see the part that says all unaccompanied children are presumed to be victims of human trafficking, but if that's what the law says, then I understand. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2014, 03:56:11 PM »
Great info, Option D.   You've made it clear to us all that Obama is just following Bush policy here.

Personally, I think these whiny libs crying about this mess should stop disrepecting Dubya.   He was the MAN as president and he's the man now.  If he signed this law, then the hater-ass libs should just obey it, like Obama is doing.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2014, 04:06:46 PM »
Procedures for helping young unaccompanied illegal immigrants are based in part on legislation approved by Congress in 2008, yet some lawmakers who did not object to the measure then are against the procedures now.
Gov. Mary Fallin and Rep. Tom Cole, R-Moore, were members of the U.S. House when the bill passed without objection.
The William Wilberforce Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act of 2008 also passed the U.S. Senate by unanimous consent and was signed into law by President George W. Bush.
The act was mainly intended to help human trafficking victims, but one part had provisions for unaccompanied illegal immigrants under age 18.

Which part of the law says that?  (And I didn't even have to use 18 point font to ask that question.)   :)

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2014, 07:00:40 AM »
im not sure if youre fucking with me or you really dont understnd this.

but ill explain it once more. The bill was put into place with intensions to deal with human trafficking. One of the provisions of the bill was no immediate deportation of minors. And thats why we are where we are with this matter.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2014, 08:25:42 AM »
So why did they randomly wait until 2014 to start taking advantage of the law passed in 2008?   ::)

This is clearly not the main reason behind the current situation. It is simply the only bs excuse the dems can come up with, while blaming bush/repubs for it at the same time.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2014, 08:59:00 AM »
im not sure if youre fucking with me or you really dont understnd this.

but ill explain it once more. The bill was put into place with intensions to deal with human trafficking. One of the provisions of the bill was no immediate deportation of minors. And thats why we are where we are with this matter.

I'm saying two things:

1.  Which part of the law says what you are saying?  Are you relying on a few editorials or did you read it yourself? 

2.  I don't believe this massive influx is because there was a spike in human trafficking.  I think the massive influx is related to the president's leadership failure when it comes to securing the border. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2014, 09:11:00 AM »
I'm saying two things:

1.  Which part of the law says what you are saying?  Are you relying on a few editorials or did you read it yourself? 

2.  I don't believe this massive influx is because there was a spike in human trafficking.  I think the massive influx is related to the president's leadership failure when it comes to securing the border. 
https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/110/hr7311#summary

Section235 -
Directs the Secretary of Homeland Security to develop policies and procedures to ensure that unaccompanied alien children in the United States are safely repatriated to their country of nationality or of last habitual residence.
Sets forth special rules for unaccompanied alien children from contiguous countries.
Directs the Secretary to: (1) develop a safe repatriation pilot program for alien children; and (2) negotiate child repatriation agreements between the United States and countries contiguous to the United States designed to protect children from severe forms of trafficking in persons.
States, with specified exceptions, that the care and custody of unaccompanied alien children in the United States shall be the responsibility of the Secretary of Health and Human Services. Sets forth related provisions respecting: (1) notification of, and transfer to, the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS); (2) age determinations; (3) safe placement; (4) legal and child advocate access; (5) immigration status adjustment and asylum protections; and (6) assistance eligibility.
Authorizes the Secretary of Heath and Human Services to award grants to, and enter into contracts with, voluntary agencies to carry out such responsibilities.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2014, 09:31:07 AM »
https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/110/hr7311#summary

Section235 -
Directs the Secretary of Homeland Security to develop policies and procedures to ensure that unaccompanied alien children in the United States are safely repatriated to their country of nationality or of last habitual residence.
Sets forth special rules for unaccompanied alien children from contiguous countries.
Directs the Secretary to: (1) develop a safe repatriation pilot program for alien children; and (2) negotiate child repatriation agreements between the United States and countries contiguous to the United States designed to protect children from severe forms of trafficking in persons.
States, with specified exceptions, that the care and custody of unaccompanied alien children in the United States shall be the responsibility of the Secretary of Health and Human Services. Sets forth related provisions respecting: (1) notification of, and transfer to, the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS); (2) age determinations; (3) safe placement; (4) legal and child advocate access; (5) immigration status adjustment and asylum protections; and (6) assistance eligibility.
Authorizes the Secretary of Heath and Human Services to award grants to, and enter into contracts with, voluntary agencies to carry out such responsibilities.

Ok.  Now we are making progress.   :)  Thanks.  I can see an argument based on the language you provided.  One caveat:  this is a summary and not the actual language of the law. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2014, 09:33:10 AM »
Ok.  Now we are making progress.   :)  Thanks.  I can see an argument based on the language you provided.  One caveat:  this is a summary and not the actual language of the law. 

ill get the actual abstract

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2014, 09:52:14 AM »
So why did they randomly wait until 2014 to start taking advantage of the law passed in 2008?   ::)

This is clearly not the main reason behind the current situation. It is simply the only bs excuse the dems can come up with, while blaming bush/repubs for it at the same time.

Still no reply.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2014, 09:55:43 AM »
Still no reply.

I did:

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2014, 10:06:36 AM »

I'm thinking that it's because the timing isn't random.  

Some people in Central America who are in some way involved in the transport of people across the southern border (including both illegal smugglers and legal immigration lawyers) have surely known about the law for some years now.  If more and more children are arriving only recently then it's not only because knowledge of the law is becoming more widespread, it's likely also because the environments in the kids' countries of origin is perceived to have become dangerous enough for parents to think their best option is to send their unaccompanied kids away to an uncertain future in a foreign country.  

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2014, 10:11:50 AM »
And of course all these libtards focus on the children. Awwwwww, the poor little kids. Look at them. So innocent. So much in need. Forget the law, just give'm amnesty.

Their age shouldn't matter anyway. They all have to go back.

LOL.  You are such a tool...for the left.

What I mean is that when hard-hearted extremist righties like you speak openly about their lack of concern for the fate of innocent children, all you do is make it obvious to most others (of all political stripes) that you are not like them.

'Fess up, Dario:  At the end of Toy Story 3, you WANTED the toys to fall into the fire of the incinerator, didn't you?  LOL

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2014, 11:28:05 AM »
I'm thinking that it's because the timing isn't random.  

Some people in Central America who are in some way involved in the transport of people across the southern border (including both illegal smugglers and legal immigration lawyers) have surely known about the law for some years now.  If more and more children are arriving only recently then it's not only because knowledge of the law is becoming more widespread, it's likely also because the environments in the kids' countries of origin is perceived to have become dangerous enough for parents to think their best option is to send their unaccompanied kids away to an uncertain future in a foreign country.  

Makes no sense. It doesnt take 6 years for the word to reach latin america, nor does it take them 6 years to get here.

The law they are blaming was passed in 2008. If this law is to blame for the current rush, why didnt this rush begin in 2008-2009? It is nothing more than the Left scrambling to find someone (bush lol) other than themselves to blame for this mess.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2014, 11:34:54 AM »
Makes no sense. It doesnt take 6 years for the word to reach latin america, nor does it take them 6 years to get here.

The law they are blaming was passed in 2008. If this law is to blame for the current rush, why didnt this rush begin in 2008-2009? It is nothing more than the Left scrambling to find someone (bush lol) other than themselves to blame for this mess.

I agree.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2014, 11:36:47 AM »
Methinks Gov Perry and the recent GOP tirade of "oh, let's let the illegals stay" couldn't have helped things.

Coincidence that the same time they get "compassionate", all these illegals start creeping up thru that exact border? 

If Obama was making noise about compassion for illegals, then a bunch showed up, obama would sure get the blame for it.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2014, 01:02:06 PM »

Sorry, I think I wasn't clear. 

I'm trying to say that in the 6 years since the law was passed, the situation in Central America has probably become worse.

BTW, I don't really have any idea about whether this is the case.  FWIW, I have heard that it's become much more dangerous in Mexico the last few years, though.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2014, 01:06:51 PM »
I agree.

Has the security situation in the countries these kids come from been static for the last 6 years?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2014, 01:13:26 PM »
Has the security situation in the countries these kids come from been static for the last 6 years?

I don't know.  Do you?

What I do know is the one major change over the past six years in this country is a president who has failed to secure the borders and been doing backdoor amnesty for illegals. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2014, 02:58:36 PM »

dude... just drop it... no one wants facts... everyone wants to play dumb and ignore facts while placing blame on "the other side"

this shit is sickening

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2014, 03:22:48 PM »
dude... just drop it... no one wants facts... everyone wants to play dumb and ignore facts while placing blame on "the other side"

this shit is sickening

Yeah it is - Obama is playing golf, partying, vacationing, going to fundraisers, etc while the border is flooded w 3rd worlders, drug dealers, gang bangers, etc. and we do nothing but ask for 4 billion for housing for these invaders while vets starve and get cut, etc. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2014, 03:49:55 PM »

this shit is sickening

You and others only want to deal with some facts.

This isn't about blaming a side.  It's about the president and Congress doing their job.