Author Topic: ITS OFFICIAL! Fox host calls out Ted Cruz  (Read 3555 times)

RRKore

• Getbig IV
Re: ITS OFFICIAL! Fox host calls out Ted Cruz
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2014, 01:55:53 AM »
I don't know.  Do you?

What I do know is the one major change over the past six years in this country is a president who has failed to secure the borders and been doing backdoor amnesty for illegals. 

Wait, are we still talking about the influx of kids from Central America or are you now just talking about illegal immigration in general?

Also, what's the major change?  What is Obama doing differently than his predecessor with regard to illegal immigration?  (Honest questions -- and I think I deserve points for resisting the urge to post that amusing "Thanks Obama!" video from Jenna Marbles.)

Side question:  Have our borders EVER been (what anyone would call) secure?  I doubt it. 

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2014, 02:24:11 AM »
You and others only want to deal with some facts.

The guy who answers "I don't know.  Do you?" and leaves it at that says this?  LOL

You know who Beach Bum reminds me of?:  Years ago, after I'd served 4 years in the Army just before going back to school, I got a job as a retail associate (salesman) at a place called Cycle Gear, a retail shop in a small chain of stores that sold motorcycle parts and accessories.  It was a challenging job at first because I was always being asked questions that I didn't immediately have the answer for.  I was a good employee so, when asked questions like "What's the biggest tire I can fit on the back of my GSXR", I'd answer "I don't know but I'll find out".  Well, one week one of my fellow employees took some time off so a guy from another store (I don't remember his name) came to fill in.  This is the guy who BB reminds me of because this guy, when asked a question by a customer to which he didn't have an answer, would astound me by simply answering, "I don't know" and then just smiling until the customer went away.  

Some folks here, on both the left and the right, DO want to know the facts.  Often, however, BB is not among these folks.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2014, 09:27:38 AM »
Wait, are we still talking about the influx of kids from Central America or are you now just talking about illegal immigration in general?

Also, what's the major change?  What is Obama doing differently than his predecessor with regard to illegal immigration?  (Honest questions -- and I think I deserve points for resisting the urge to post that amusing "Thanks Obama!" video from Jenna Marbles.)

Side question:  Have our borders EVER been (what anyone would call) secure?  I doubt it. 

Do you live in the U.S.?  Have you been listening to the president since he has taken office?  (Honest questions -- and I think I deserve points for not calling you Simpleton Simon again.)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2014, 09:28:35 AM »
The guy who answers "I don't know.  Do you?" and leaves it at that says this?  LOL

You know who Beach Bum reminds me of?:  Years ago, after I'd served 4 years in the Army just before going back to school, I got a job as a retail associate (salesman) at a place called Cycle Gear, a retail shop in a small chain of stores that sold motorcycle parts and accessories.  It was a challenging job at first because I was always being asked questions that I didn't immediately have the answer for.  I was a good employee so, when asked questions like "What's the biggest tire I can fit on the back of my GSXR", I'd answer "I don't know but I'll find out".  Well, one week one of my fellow employees took some time off so a guy from another store (I don't remember his name) came to fill in.  This is the guy who BB reminds me of because this guy, when asked a question by a customer to which he didn't have an answer, would astound me by simply answering, "I don't know" and then just smiling until the customer went away.  

Some folks here, on both the left and the right, DO want to know the facts.  Often, however, BB is not among these folks.

Cool story bro. 

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2014, 11:49:47 AM »
Do you live in the U.S.?  Have you been listening to the president since he has taken office?  (Honest questions -- and I think I deserve points for not calling you Simpleton Simon again.)

I do live in the USA.  I guess you could say I've listened to the president since he's taken office but that's about the vaguest question ever so I'm not exactly sure what you're asking.

Anyway, in case you did want to answer my questions but just sorta forgot after posing your own, here they are again:

1. When you made the comment about about Obama's lack of leadership in the last 6 years as far as securing the border, are you still talking about the influx of kids from Central America or are you referring to illegal immigration in general?
I'm asking this because JM was questioning why it took 6 years (from 2008 until 2014) for the ostensible results of the 2008 law to be felt and that law concerned not turning away kids from Central America, right?  So I hazarded a guess that in the past 6 years it might be because the security situation in the kids' home countries has worsened and then you made your own comment about the last 6 years but it seems like maybe it doesn't have anything to do with the kids (since Obama didn't have much to do with enacting the law that makes turning them away illegal) so I'm asking for clarification.  Sorry if this puts you out at all but because of the posts before your post, your post isn't so clear.  

2. What's the major change you're referring to? -- What is Obama doing differently than his predecessor with regard to illegal immigration?  No big deal if you're not prepared to answer this intelligently.  After all, I doubt if you're some kind of immigration expert so it's reasonable to expect that you're reluctant to make claims that you're not sure of.  

3. To your knowledge, have our borders EVER been (what anyone would call) secure?
You're (at least a little) older than I am so you might be better able to answer this question than I can.  That's all.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2014, 12:54:36 PM »
I do live in the USA.  I guess you could say I've listened to the president since he's taken office but that's about the vaguest question ever so I'm not exactly sure what you're asking.

Anyway, in case you did want to answer my questions but just sorta forgot after posing your own, here they are again:

1. When you made the comment about about Obama's lack of leadership in the last 6 years as far as securing the border, are you still talking about the influx of kids from Central America or are you referring to illegal immigration in general?
I'm asking this because JM was questioning why it took 6 years (from 2008 until 2014) for the ostensible results of the 2008 law to be felt and that law concerned not turning away kids from Central America, right?  So I hazarded a guess that in the past 6 years it might be because the security situation in the kids' home countries has worsened and then you made your own comment about the last 6 years but it seems like maybe it doesn't have anything to do with the kids (since Obama didn't have much to do with enacting the law that makes turning them away illegal) so I'm asking for clarification.  Sorry if this puts you out at all but because of the posts before your post, your post isn't so clear.  

2. What's the major change you're referring to? -- What is Obama doing differently than his predecessor with regard to illegal immigration?  No big deal if you're not prepared to answer this intelligently.  After all, I doubt if you're some kind of immigration expert so it's reasonable to expect that you're reluctant to make claims that you're not sure of.  

3. To your knowledge, have our borders EVER been (what anyone would call) secure?
You're (at least a little) older than I am so you might be better able to answer this question than I can.  That's all.

1.  I'm talking about Obama's lack of leadership across the board.  His failure to secure the borders.  His support for amnesty.  His failure to prosecute illegal aliens.  Facilitating welfare benefits for illegals.  Running media advertisements encouraging illegals to apply for government assistance.  All of this has sent a very public message to those south of the border that we have an open door immigrate policy.  You really haven't been paying attention, have you? 

2.  See response to number 1. 

3.  I don't know if our borders have ever been totally secure. But what the heck difference does that make?  This hope and change president was supposed to be different.  What matters is what is happening on his watch. 

And how the heck do you know how old I am?  Are you another creepy stalker?  Geeze Louise.  You little turds are everywhere. 

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2014, 01:18:08 PM »
1.  I'm talking about Obama's lack of leadership across the board.  His failure to secure the borders.  His support for amnesty.  His failure to prosecute illegal aliens.  Facilitating welfare benefits for illegals.  Running media advertisements encouraging illegals to apply for government assistance.  All of this has sent a very public message to those south of the border that we have an open door immigrate policy.  You really haven't been paying attention, have you? 

2.  See response to number 1. 

3.  I don't know if our borders have ever been totally secure. But what the heck difference does that make?  This hope and change president was supposed to be different.  What matters is what is happening on his watch. 

And how the heck do you know how old I am?  Are you another creepy stalker?  Geeze Louise.  You little turds are everywhere. 

Your answers to 1 and 2 are OK.  Sorry to repeat myself but you seemed to be answering JM's question but it turns out you weren't so I'm glad I asked for clarification.

Re: Your answer to #3, I'm happy with that, too but my response is just to smirk knowingly.  LOL. 

I have to ask, did you really accuse me of being a creepy stalker after going through my post history searching for and finding something like 7 separate references I've made to my military service?  Bwahaha.  You sound a little mental, BB.

BTW, I don't know your age.  Honestly, I'm not sure where I got the idea that you're older than me.  I've never looked at your post history but I think mentioned grandkids, haven't you?  If you aren't older than my 50 years, then I stand corrected.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2014, 01:24:30 PM »
Your answers to 1 and 2 are OK.  Sorry to repeat myself but you seemed to be answering JM's question but it turns out you weren't so I'm glad I asked for clarification.

Re: Your answer to #3, I'm happy with that, too but my response is just to smirk knowingly.  LOL. 

I have to ask, did you really accuse me of being a creepy stalker after going through my post history searching for and finding something like 7 separate references I've made to my military service?  Bwahaha.  You sound a little mental, BB.

BTW, I don't know your age.  Honestly, I'm not sure where I got the idea that you're older than me.  I've never looked at your post history but I think mentioned grandkids, haven't you?  If you aren't older than my 50 years, then I stand corrected.

Yeah.  In fact, I have great-grandkids.  I'm really 90 years old. 

Now tell me which one of us is constantly asking people for personal information?  (That would be you.)

And, Simpleton Simon, what I did was save you the trouble of asking me to prove that you keep trying to use your alleged service to demean others.  You like to ask for proof, and I've embarrassed you with it in the past.  So I just saved you the trouble.

This is a slow news day and I have too much time on my hands.  lol

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2014, 06:13:31 AM »
In fact, desperate Central American parents are exploiting separate legal loopholes in American border security passed before Obama took office.

Unaccompanied minors fall under the bipartisan law, William Wilberforce Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act of 2008, which passed the House and Senate unanimously and was signed into law by President George W. Bush.

That law says the children cannot be sent back. They must instead be held humanely by the Department of Health and Human Services until the courts release them to a “suitable family member” in this country.

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2014/06/analysis-whats-the-real-reason-behind-central-american-immigrant-wave-u-s-law/&sa=U&ei=lErNU-P6AYf1oATco4KIAw&ved=0CCMQFjAD&sig2=a1z3JLcojLsQi7ifQjOXoQ&usg=AFQjCNHJ99Av-S_5Xnwnudn-2X5B6HS7Ew

Hey, genius. Do you still think that obamatheclown has that law in mind when he thinks of redefining what a refugee is?

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/25/world/americas/administration-weighs-plan-to-move-processing-of-youths-seeking-entry-to-honduras-.html?_r=0#

Hoping to stem the recent surge of migrants at the Southwest border, the Obama administration is considering whether to allow hundreds of minors and young adults from Honduras into the United States without making the dangerous trek through Mexico, according to a draft of the proposal.
If approved, the plan would direct the government to screen thousands of children and youths in Honduras to see if they can enter the United States as refugees or on emergency humanitarian grounds. It would be the first American refugee effort in a nation reachable by land to the United States, the White House said, putting the violence in Honduras on the level of humanitarian emergencies in Haiti and Vietnam, where such programs have been conducted in the past amid war and major crises.
Continue reading the main story
Related Coverage
 National Guard in Texas Could Get Arrest PowerJULY 24, 2014  Trying to Slow the Illegal Flow of Young MigrantsJULY 20, 2014  Rush to Deport Young Migrants Could Trample Asylum ClaimsJULY 19, 2014  Fleeing Gangs, Children Head to U.S. BorderJULY 9, 2014  Wave of Minors on Their Own Rush to Cross Southwest BorderJUNE 4, 2014  New U.S. Effort to Aid Unaccompanied Child MigrantsJUNE 2, 2014 Critics of the plan were quick to pounce, saying it appeared to redefine the legal definition of a refugee and would only increase the flow of migration to the United States.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #59 on: July 25, 2014, 07:05:04 AM »
yes

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2014, 07:28:04 AM »
yes

So in your mind, redefining what a refugee is and then busing them in is following that stupid Bush law.

Yeah, ok.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2014, 07:43:06 AM »
So in your mind, redefining what a refugee is and then busing them in is following that stupid Bush law.

Yeah, ok.

based on what you sent... you gave me nothing....

What about you Beach...what do you think of this

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2014, 10:05:02 AM »
Yeah.  In fact, I have great-grandkids.  I'm really 90 years old. 

Ah, OK.  That answers my question about your military service, then. 

(You were drafted during WW2, apparently, lol.)

Now tell me which one of us is constantly asking people for personal information?  (That would be you.)

Constantly?  Naw, that's an exaggeration. 

Maybe there is some unwritten internet rule about asking for personal info but I see nothing wrong with asking about whether someone has personally been in the service when they seem to fetishize the whole thing, though.  Like I've alluded to before, a lot of guys who've never served seem to do this. 

And, Simpleton Simon, what I did was save you the trouble of asking me to prove that you keep trying to use your alleged service to demean others.  You like to ask for proof, and I've embarrassed you with it in the past.  So I just saved you the trouble.

This is a slow news day and I have too much time on my hands.  lol

Really?  I guess that could be true but it doesn't make much sense (not even when you lamely throw in, "but I was bored"):

You're saying you did a search of my post history (ya creepy stalker, lol) solely because you anticipated that I was going to challenge your statement that I've referenced my military service multiple times in the past?  That doesn't seem likely because why would I challenge that correct statement? 
The answer is, I wouldn't.  For 3 reasons: 
1. It's true.
2. There's nothing clearly wrong with referencing one's military service. 
3. It would be beyond easy for you to prove me wrong if I'd challenged you.

So, it's not provable one way or the other but I conclude that you're lying.  I think you were hoping to bust me for having made inconsistent statements about my service but that didn't work out.  I can't say how bothered you were by that.  Probably not much since you ARE a veteran of internet pissing matches if not a veteran of actual military service, after all.

BTW, "A slow news day"?  Yeah, I agree;  Nothing going on in the world right now, is there?  LOL   
(Man, when you're not careful the lies just roll right off your tongue, don't they?)

You should try being a little more honest, BB.  Intellectually and otherwise.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: July 25, 2014, 10:59:38 AM »
based on what you sent... you gave me nothing....

What about you Beach...what do you think of this

I actually think this proposal sounds better than what is happening now.  Based on the info dario posted, the kids would be screened in a foreign country before reaching U.S. soil.  I like that better than letting all of them in and then trying sort things out after the fact. 

My understanding is a lot of kids who show up now never appear for their hearings, which tells me they are simply illegal aliens flooding our borders and disappearing to go start their lives as pseudo-American citizens. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2014, 11:01:05 AM »
Ah, OK.  That answers my question about your military service, then. 

(You were drafted during WW2, apparently, lol.)

Constantly?  Naw, that's an exaggeration. 

Maybe there is some unwritten internet rule about asking for personal info but I see nothing wrong with asking about whether someone has personally been in the service when they seem to fetishize the whole thing, though.  Like I've alluded to before, a lot of guys who've never served seem to do this. 

Really?  I guess that could be true but it doesn't make much sense (not even when you lamely throw in, "but I was bored"):

You're saying you did a search of my post history (ya creepy stalker, lol) solely because you anticipated that I was going to challenge your statement that I've referenced my military service multiple times in the past?  That doesn't seem likely because why would I challenge that correct statement? 
The answer is, I wouldn't.  For 3 reasons: 
1. It's true.
2. There's nothing clearly wrong with referencing one's military service. 
3. It would be beyond easy for you to prove me wrong if I'd challenged you.

So, it's not provable one way or the other but I conclude that you're lying.  I think you were hoping to bust me for having made inconsistent statements about my service but that didn't work out.  I can't say how bothered you were by that.  Probably not much since you ARE a veteran of internet pissing matches if not a veteran of actual military service, after all.

BTW, "A slow news day"?  Yeah, I agree;  Nothing going on in the world right now, is there?  LOL   
(Man, when you're not careful the lies just roll right off your tongue, don't they?)

You should try being a little more honest, BB.  Intellectually and otherwise.

Listen Simpleton Simon, if you want me to read your posts, shorten them up. 

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2014, 11:17:47 AM »
Listen Simpleton Simon, if you want me to read your posts, shorten them up. 

No prob, Coach.