Author Topic: Genetics decides your future in bodybuilding  (Read 3137 times)

Simple Simon

Genetics decides your future in bodybuilding
« on: July 21, 2014, 05:40:18 AM »

Looks like Phil was pretty much where he is now size wise in 2005.

I think with the right training nutrition and response to supplements a guy can go from beginner to Pro in 3 or 4 years.

Once these guys turn pro they dont really change all that much in the following years.

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
Re: Genetics decides your future in bodybuilding
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 05:44:12 AM »
Phil actually had abs back then rather than two growth hormone slabs. I think some actually get worse once they turn pro.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 05:46:02 AM »

I think with the right training nutrition and response to supplements a guy can go from beginner to Pro in 3 or 4 years.

Once these guys turn pro they dont really change all that much in the following years.
I think this is 03 , so yes great response

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 05:47:21 AM »
Great look there!

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 05:49:43 AM »
7 years diff.

Frank Clairmonte

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM KAI GREENE #BELIEVE
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2014, 05:51:40 AM »
yes they do.

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2014, 06:12:31 AM »
Genetics mean everything, not just structure, but ability to build amounts of muscle, ability to get ripped. Not everyone can look like Dennis Wolf or Dorian, they can appear ripped at higher BF, some people hold it differently.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2014, 06:23:16 AM »

X2

I don't understand when guys here say for instance "Ramy looks even bigger now".
In terms of muscle size, the pro's have all maxed out and are as big as they will ever get. They haven't progressed for years. Changes to their physique will only be a conditioning issue or oil usage.

the trainer

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2014, 07:55:23 AM »
The pros keep improving but the change is not dramatic so you dont notice it because at that point they mostly focus on bring up their weak bodyparts.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2014, 07:59:02 AM »
Also strength of kidneys/liver are a factor genetically.

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2014, 08:06:02 AM »
It seems to me there's quite a difference over those 7 years.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2014, 08:08:40 AM »
Genetics and the right 'friends'...

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2014, 09:03:24 AM »
Also strength of kidneys/liver are a factor genetically.

Very good point.  The ability to tolerate continuous/high amounts of drugs is probably the most important factor on how far someone can take it.

With all the drugs that are being taken, these guys feel as though they are invincible.  This androgen induced invulnerability is what leads to health problems and inevitable kidney/liver problems/failure.

spiro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2014, 09:15:00 AM »
Ya genetics suck I've been pushing it hard using moderate cycles for ten years. I'm about 20-25 pounds heavier then I would be as a natural. After my first two cycles I don't put anymore weight on. Only.thing that might make a difference is gh but I can't afford it. Now it's time to figure out the least amount I can use and not lose too much. I thought after ten years of working hard and using I would be 230-240 lean at a low bf. I'm like 210 at 6'0 around 9-10 bf. Fuggin sucks.

the trainer

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2014, 10:00:04 AM »
Ya genetics suck I've been pushing it hard using moderate cycles for ten years. I'm about 20-25 pounds heavier then I would be as a natural. After my first two cycles I don't put anymore weight on. Only.thing that might make a difference is gh but I can't afford it. Now it's time to figure out the least amount I can use and not lose too much. I thought after ten years of working hard and using I would be 230-240 lean at a low bf. I'm like 210 at 6'0 around 9-10 bf. Fuggin sucks.

I think this has to do with how you construct your cycles, try 1 gram of test with 750mg of tren and pop some anadrol tabs that should get you growing.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2014, 02:11:08 PM »

It should be "genetics and Weider decide your future in bodybuilding"

Phil won his first Pro show at what, 220-225? And now he is 245-250? I say that him incrementally adding weight, along with his genetics helped. He did what Shawn Ray did, but on a grander scale. This is what Flex Wheeler needed to do as well. And Dex had said that Melvin Anthony was coming in too heavy at 235-240 and needed to come in lighter. I think his ego didn't want to take a hit. The best Melvin has looked was when he won his Pro card, and it was downhill from there.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2014, 02:17:01 PM »
I think this is 03 , so yes great response

Chest actually looks bigger in relation to his arm and delts back then. Does this legs to the theory that one of the reasons why the old school seemed to have better chests back then was because the delts were not as big?

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2014, 03:04:58 PM »
Just do genetic sport test  ;)

Complex Carbs

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2014, 03:59:54 PM »
Very good point.  The ability to tolerate continuous/high amounts of drugs is probably the most important factor on how far someone can take it.

With all the drugs that are being taken, these guys feel as though they are invincible.  This androgen induced invulnerability is what leads to health problems and inevitable kidney/liver problems/failure.
No, i think it's a greatly overrated "point"

How much use people can get away with in the long run is less a difference than the great and poor response to gear can make.

If somebody gets a nice build on 500mg of anything a week plus maybe some HGH, they will not run into the same problems as a poor responder would.

You think this is impossible?

Look at Simple Simon, he uses almost trt dosages, and then look at esfitness the retard calls 6 gramms the sweet spot just because he doesnt respond to any less. And he looks like garbage.
Or Sev's "borat", 2000mg a week but less mass than an FHM magazine cover model.

Believe it or not, the biggest guys are not always the biggest users. If you think otherwise, seriously, look at esfitness. True adonis looks bigger than him.

Another factor is how long before joints, tendons and muscle nerves start going bad.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2014, 04:05:48 PM »
7 years diff.

Huge difference. Looks to have put on at least 30lbs of solid muscle.
A

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2014, 04:19:15 PM »

Complex Carbs

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2014, 04:42:22 PM »
I think this has to do with how you construct your cycles, try 1 gram of test with 750mg of tren and pop some anadrol tabs that should get you growing.
You have never touched steroids and most likely never touched a weight.

Shut the fuck up.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2014, 04:43:48 PM »
No, i think it's a greatly overrated "point"

How much use people can get away with in the long run is less a difference than the great and poor response to gear can make.

If somebody gets a nice build on 500mg of anything a week plus maybe some HGH, they will not run into the same problems as a poor responder would.

You think this is impossible?

Look at Simple Simon, he uses almost trt dosages, and then look at esfitness the retard calls 6 gramms the sweet spot just because he doesnt respond to any less. And he looks like garbage.
Or Sev's "borat", 2000mg a week but less mass than an FHM magazine cover model.

Believe it or not, the biggest guys are not always the biggest users. If you think otherwise, seriously, look at esfitness. True adonis looks bigger than him.

Another factor is how long before joints, tendons and muscle nerves start going bad.

U would think it works this way at amatuer and pro levels but the guys who respond with less go with the attitude of "if I respond with less then I will get more out of it with increasing dosages"

That's modern competitive bbing. Everyone is using tons!! No gym rat dosages if u want to win and compete at a high level

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2014, 04:48:31 PM »

Looks better there than most bodybuilders do now.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2014, 04:49:53 PM »
Looks better there than most bodybuilders do now.

He is sooo narrow it really ruins everything