Author Topic: Perry Sending Up To 1,000 National Guard Troops To Border  (Read 2053 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Texas Gov. Rick Perry (R) announced plans on Monday to send up to 1,000 National Guard troops to the U.S.-Mexico border, saying they will bolster security efforts to prevent criminals from taking advantage of the current crisis there.

"I will not stand idly by while our citizens are under assault and little children from Central America are detained in squalor," he said at a press conference. "We are too good a country for that to occur."

The number of unaccompanied minors crossing the border illegally has increased rapidly, with more than 57,000 apprehended by border patrol agents since the beginning of October 2013. Most are coming from Central America, and officials say they often turn themselves in to border agents rather than evading them.

Perry and other Republicans have said National Guard troops at the border could help deter children from crossing illegally and aid with efforts to care for them once they're in the government's custody. The Monitor and Bloomberg News first reported Perry's plans on Monday morning.

Texas officials said the effort will cost about $12 million per month. The state plans to bill federal officials for the costs they incur.

"Texans are willing to put boots on the ground, but we expect Washington to foot the bill," said Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott, who is running for governor as a Republican.

President Barack Obama said after meeting with Perry earlier this month that he was open to deploying National Guard troops, but he has not yet done so.

In response, Republicans have urged the states to go it alone. Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) announced a resolution last week to support the constitutional authority of governors of Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and California "to take action to secure the international border of the United States within their States." Twenty-six fellow GOP House members signed on to the resolution as original co-sponsors.

Perry and fellow officials focused on criminals crossing the border illegally rather than the unaccompanied minors. He said "the plight of" the children was rightly attracting attention, but said criminals were exploiting the tragedy as border patrol agents are distracted from other duties.

"The price of inaction is too high for Texans to pay," Perry said.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Perry Sending Up To 1,000 National Guard Troops To Border
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 01:24:59 PM »
Doing the job that fagget in chief refuses to do 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 01:30:33 PM »
The article said 1000 nat'l guards' duties will include "caring for them once they're in custody".

I don't like the idea of a governor using national guard to welcome illegals to the USA.   Use them to GUARD and keep illegals out.  But that's not the case here, is it?

The guard aren't "guarding" the border.  They're a humanitarian force that Perry is sending down to welcome the illegals and help them get used to living in the USA.   

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 07:21:10 PM »
Governor Rick Perry is sending 1,000 National Guard troops to the border at a cost of $12 million/month to Texans. He doesn't seem to think they will "shoot" at the children, but, when asked why they are being sent, he said, "for the visual." As you can see from stupid pics he released last week, he knows about visuals.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 07:26:40 PM »
Doing the job that fagget in chief refuses to do 

that monkey on your back is really driving you nuts today

you can't seem to make a post without reminding us all what a self loathing closet case you are

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2014, 07:28:44 PM »
Obama knowingly ignored the problem and conspired to make it drastically worse.  He needs to be imprisoned or impeached for this

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2014, 07:37:47 PM »
Governor Rick Perry is sending 1,000 National Guard troops to the border at a cost of $12 million/month to Texans. He doesn't seem to think they will "shoot" at the children, but, when asked why they are being sent, he said, "for the visual." As you can see from stupid pics he released last week, he knows about visuals.
I think he meant for the visual effect it will have. I doubt you have ever been to the border let alone the Texas border. If you had you would know that you can cross the border without a soul around for miles.

You know how they track people who cross the border now? The create a dirt road about 10 feet across and drag tires behind a truck to smooth out the dirt. When they make another round to smooth out the dirt again they check for foot prints and if they see them the know some people crossed the border.

If you have never been down to the border (and no I dont mean a border crossing with a check point) you should really educate yourself on the security or lack there of.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2014, 07:39:37 PM »
I think most Americans would be willing to contribute a small sum to secure our boarders.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2014, 09:03:55 PM »
I think he meant for the visual effect it will have. I doubt you have ever been to the border let alone the Texas border. If you had you would know that you can cross the border without a soul around for miles.

You know how they track people who cross the border now? The create a dirt road about 10 feet across and drag tires behind a truck to smooth out the dirt. When they make another round to smooth out the dirt again they check for foot prints and if they see them the know some people crossed the border.

If you have never been down to the border (and no I dont mean a border crossing with a check point) you should really educate yourself on the security or lack there of.

Which has absolutely NOTHING to do with my post in regards to the visual image that Perry attempted to create last week with his little Rick Rambo photos that were published.  Acting tough ain't shit when you already stated that you are going to help them.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2014, 06:11:48 AM »
The guard aren't "guarding" the border.  They're a humanitarian force that Perry is sending down to welcome the illegals and help them get used to living in the USA.  

This statement from perry

But Perry said the guard will be "force multipliers," helping Customs and Border Protection agents both on the ground and in the air to catch the 80% of people crossing the border who aren't children and to combat cartel and trafficking crime.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/21/politics/perry-national-guard-border/index.html

probably had something to do with this

EXCLUSIVE: RINCON PENINSULA, Texas -- U.S. Border Patrol agents on the American side of the Rio Grande were forced to take cover Friday night when high-caliber weaponry was fired at them from the Mexican side of the river, sources told FoxNews.com.

The weapons were fired at the U.S. side of the riverbank in the area of the Rincon Peninsula across the Rio Grande from Reynosa, Mexico, at about 8:30 p.m., sources said. Bullets ricocheted into an area where Border Patrol agents were positioned, Rep. Louie Gohmert, R-Texas, told FoxNews.com.

Border Patrol sources confirmed Gohmert's account, and said the shots may have been fired by .50-caliber weapons.

"We don't have any armor that can stop a .50-caliber round, so our Border Patrol agents had to take cover when the rounds were richocheting around them," said Gohmert, who has been in the area for the last week to get a first-hand look at the border situation.

"When the shooting stopped, about 40 to 50 people came out on the U.S. side and turned themselves in. So clearly the rounds were being fired to suppress every effort to stop anybody intervening with anyone or anything coming across," Gohmert added. "We have no idea what or how many or whom came across with the other illegal immigrants."

Sources said they believe the gunfire came from members of Mexican drug cartels, which include former military members trained in shooting that type of weaponry.

Border Patrol sources said the rounds were clearly identifiable because .50- caliber weapons make a distinctive noise when fired. Sources said they also believe this is the first time that Border Patrol agents have taken direct fire from the Mexican side of the river in this area.

"I don't know why we're out here like sitting ducks," one Border Patrol source said. "We need help."

As of Saturday evening, a Border Patrol spokesman did not immediately return FoxNews.com's request for comment.

The Rio Grande sector has been the busiest part of the 2,000-mile border with Texas in recent months as a surge of illegal immigrants, many from Central America, has poured in to the U.S. in the mistaken belief that U.S. policy allows for them to remain in America once they make it in. More than 60,000 unaccompanied children had crossed in the last nine months. But Border Patrol officials have warned that the deluge has left the border largely unattended, and vulnerable to cartel infiltration.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/07/20/cartels-suspected-as-high-caliber-gunfire-sends-border-patrol-scrambling-on-rio/

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2014, 07:16:16 AM »
to catch the 80% of people crossing the border who aren't children

So what is perry's policy?  If you are under 18, you can stay? 

I HIGHLY dislike a governor essentially inviting the southern hemisphere to send their kids here, as long as they use TX as the entry point! 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2014, 07:27:14 AM »
They're being used to patrol private property and protect Texans. I think it took so long because their trying to figure the ROE and the legal grounds on which the troops can operate. The Texas military forces...and that's what they're called...are very good. But this isn't the Texas/Louisiana border its a national border so there are other issues they have to work out. 
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2014, 07:52:53 AM »
Perry is trying to have it both ways.  Up til 2011, he was rated D- in terms of Amnesty.  Then he was suddenly against it when the tea party took over in 2012 when he wanted to be president.

2013 rolled around, and he got silent on the issue for a year, which drew criticism.  Wanted to see which way the wind was blowing.

2014 is here, and he's blaming obama because people are sending their kids into the harsh desert to sneak across border.  He's trying to make himself all things to all people - "Obama sucks and I want to protect our border and I care about these children that need our help, also, obama sucks".

I just hope GOP voters are smart enough to see thru it.  But I doubt it.  I've said it for year now, Perry will probably be the 2016 nominee (even though I like Cruz more). 

You can google it... he's had every position on amnesty over the past 4 years.

---Perry opposed putting a fence on the border, calling the idea “idiocy” and echoing the cliché “If you build a 40-foot wall, then the 42-foot ladder industry takes off.” That, believe it or not, was in a speech he gave in Mexico City in 2007. [U.S. Congress lacks 'maturity' to solve immigration, Perry says, AP, Brownsville Herald, August 28, 2007]

---Perry came out in favor of giving “a guest worker program that takes undocumented workers off the black market and legitimizes their economic contributions without providing them citizenship status.” [A better way to secure the border, December 14, 2006].

---Allowing illegals to work but not vote would help Perry keep his job.
Perry’s fanatical past support for giving in-state tuition to illegal aliens was directly responsible for the implosion of his 2012 presidential ambitions. But this is also one of the hypothetical goodies encouraging the tens of thousands of “DREAMers” flooding the border.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2014, 07:53:30 AM »
This statement from perry

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/21/politics/perry-national-guard-border/index.html

probably had something to do with this

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/07/20/cartels-suspected-as-high-caliber-gunfire-sends-border-patrol-scrambling-on-rio/

Funny how no one seems to care about this. This is at least the third time our guys have been fired upon from mexico. Any othrr country in the world, this would be an extremely serious event and the borders would be locked down by now.

I seriously think the cartels could come across in tanks in a full blitzkrieg operation and lay waste to several small border towns, and the libs would still not make a peep.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2014, 07:55:03 AM »
I seriously think the cartels could come across in tanks in a full blitzkrieg operation and lay waste to several small border towns, and the libs would still not make a peep.

It's STILL not on fox news home page either.
http://www.foxnews.com/

But there is a great article called Worst fried chicken errors.   LOL.   It's not the libs, it's everyone.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2014, 07:58:23 AM »
It's STILL not on fox news home page either.
http://www.foxnews.com/

But there is a great article called Worst fried chicken errors.   LOL.   It's not the libs, it's everyone.

You are a pure shit-stirrer lmao

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2014, 08:29:17 PM »
Perry is trying to have it both ways.  Up til 2011, he was rated D- in terms of Amnesty.  Then he was suddenly against it when the tea party took over in 2012 when he wanted to be president.

2013 rolled around, and he got silent on the issue for a year, which drew criticism.  Wanted to see which way the wind was blowing.

2014 is here, and he's blaming obama because people are sending their kids into the harsh desert to sneak across border.  He's trying to make himself all things to all people - "Obama sucks and I want to protect our border and I care about these children that need our help, also, obama sucks".

I just hope GOP voters are smart enough to see thru it.  But I doubt it.  I've said it for year now, Perry will probably be the 2016 nominee (even though I like Cruz more). 

You can google it... he's had every position on amnesty over the past 4 years.

---Perry opposed putting a fence on the border, calling the idea “idiocy” and echoing the cliché “If you build a 40-foot wall, then the 42-foot ladder industry takes off.” That, believe it or not, was in a speech he gave in Mexico City in 2007. [U.S. Congress lacks 'maturity' to solve immigration, Perry says, AP, Brownsville Herald, August 28, 2007]

---Perry came out in favor of giving “a guest worker program that takes undocumented workers off the black market and legitimizes their economic contributions without providing them citizenship status.” [A better way to secure the border, December 14, 2006].

---Allowing illegals to work but not vote would help Perry keep his job.
Perry’s fanatical past support for giving in-state tuition to illegal aliens was directly responsible for the implosion of his 2012 presidential ambitions. But this is also one of the hypothetical goodies encouraging the tens of thousands of “DREAMers” flooding the border.

LOL Trying to be all things to all people.   He cries obama isn't compassionate enough, then tries to gain ground with conservatives with pics like THIS Lol.   Machine gun of love.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2014, 08:43:46 PM »
$12 million a month? That's a pittance compared to the $620 plus million dollars we're sending Israel for its missile defense system

And we should be sending more...for both.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2014, 09:21:14 PM »
The article said 1000 nat'l guards' duties will include "caring for them once they're in custody".

I don't like the idea of a governor using national guard to welcome illegals to the USA.   Use them to GUARD and keep illegals out.  But that's not the case here, is it?

The guard aren't "guarding" the border.  They're a humanitarian force that Perry is sending down to welcome the illegals and help them get used to living in the USA.  

Yeah, that's what they do. Obama made a noise about sending them down a few years back and the media praised him as tough on border security, but their job was to hand out food and water and provide medical aid to illegal border hoppers.

Perry is a bush league RINO and this is exactly what the modern Republican Party do.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2014, 09:05:01 AM »

By Jeff Mason

SAN FRANCISCO, July 23 (Reuters) - President Barack Obama has sent a team to Texas to assess whether a U.S. National Guard deployment would help to handle an immigration crisis at the Mexican border, White House officials told Reuters on Wednesday, having so far resisted Republican calls for such a move.

The team, made up of officials from the Department of Defense and the Department of Homeland Security, departed on Tuesday and will be on the ground through Thursday.

The White House had previously resisted calls from Republicans to deploy the National Guard to fight the onslaught of migrants from Central America because most of the unaccompanied minors and others making the crossing were turning themselves in voluntarily.

But during a meeting with Texas Governor Rick Perry earlier this month, Obama said he was open to ordering the deployment as a temporary solution. He directed Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel to send the team of evaluators to assess the situation, one White House official said.

The officials said the federal team would study whether such a role would be useful and make recommendations upon its return.

"There's no foregone conclusion," another official said.

Perry, a potential Republican presidential candidate in 2016, said on Monday he would deploy up to 1,000 Texas National Guard troops to the state's border with Mexico to boost its security efforts in fighting illegal immigration.

Obama is currently on a fundraising swing in California. He returns to Washington on Thursday.

On Friday he is scheduled to meet with the leaders of Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador to discuss cooperation on the influx of child migrants, which has become both a humanitarian and political crisis for the Obama administration.

The meeting comes as the number of unaccompanied minors crossing the border into the Rio Grande Valley in Texas has begun to drop off.

(Reporting by Jeff Mason; Editing by Cynthia Osterman)

Will you and that other creeper Straw now STFU?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2014, 09:12:44 AM »
My statement has nothing to do with the border crisis.  But with Perry sending troops there for the "visual".  Not to help.  Not to enforce.  Not to secure.  But for the visual and photo op that would come from it.

::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2014, 09:26:38 AM »
My statement has nothing to do with the border crisis.  But with Perry sending troops there for the "visual".  Not to help.  Not to enforce.  Not to secure.  But for the visual and photo op that would come from it.

So is that what Obama is doing too?  :D

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2014, 09:28:12 AM »

Prove it

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2014, 09:34:05 AM »

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2014, 09:51:21 AM »
Prove it

Perry said. “The visual of it is more important.