Author Topic: 2014 Olympia - Dexter Jackson Top Five!  (Read 7788 times)

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
Re: 2014 Olympia - Dexter Jackson Top Five!
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2014, 12:19:32 PM »
Dexters face looks bad.  :-\ :-\
Chris just beat him up...

Lord Chronos

• Getbig III
« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2014, 01:02:55 PM »
How is Chris looking? Healthy?

One of the all time greats

Interesting avatar, are you Romanian?

the Algebra Wizard

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2014, 01:12:51 PM »
Talking to Dexter Jackson at the NPC Los Angeles championships this past Saturday, and he tells me he is 15 pounds heavier than he was during the same time last year, and that don't think he won't place in the top five this year at the 2014 Olympia.  It just may be.

After the NPC USA's are over, sometime in early August, it will be time to make our yearly Olympia predictions!

Dexter is here with Chris Cormier, who probably, if many of you don't know, one of the very first bodybuilders I met 20+ years ago.

i wanna say top 3 ...  but i pick the ones i came up watching .

I saw him win the NPC First Coast as a middle weight circa 1993 ...

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2014, 07:34:10 PM »
Winning the 212 is hardly on par with placing top 5 at the actual Olympia. The one guy who tried (David Henry, when it was the 202 class) barely made the top 15.

As for Dex winning the Olympia again, the circumstances would have to be similar to 2008: He's on; the champ is off; and another guy is out, perhaps due to injury.

True but what I'm saying is Dex already won the Olympia and will most likely never win it again. So why not drop some weight and win it in a diff/Division and be the first(I believe)to do this...After winning the Olympia, anything other than winning or at worst runner up will be looked at in history as a failure...

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2014, 01:16:59 AM »
Used to be a lot smaller...

He has been a good poser from the beginning!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2014, 07:50:34 AM »
True but what I'm saying is Dex already won the Olympia and will most likely never win it again. So why not drop some weight and win it in a diff/Division and be the first(I believe)to do this...After winning the Olympia, anything other than winning or at worst runner up will be looked at in history as a failure...

I beg to differ. As long as he can hang in the elite class, that's where he should compete. Obviously, Dex can do that, as he is still in the top 5 at the O and he won the Arnold last year. The 212s are loaded with guys he's clobbered or can easily clobber, anyway.

Plus, Dex wouldn't be the first to win the lighter class and the actual Olympia outright. That would be Franco Columbu, who won the under-200-lb class several times. In 1976, he did it again and bested over-200-lb class winner, Ken Waller, to win the overall Mr. Olympia title.

Furthermore, Frank Zane has done that three times, winning his class and beating the over-200-lb winners (Mentzer and Robinson, twice) for the whole ball of wax.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2014, 01:28:13 PM »

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2014, 08:00:08 PM »
I beg to differ. As long as he can hang in the elite class, that's where he should compete. Obviously, Dex can do that, as he is still in the top 5 at the O and he won the Arnold last year. The 212s are loaded with guys he's clobbered or can easily clobber, anyway.

Plus, Dex wouldn't be the first to win the lighter class and the actual Olympia outright. That would be Franco Columbu, who won the under-200-lb class several times. In 1976, he did it again and bested over-200-lb class winner, Ken Waller, to win the overall Mr. Olympia title.

Furthermore, Frank Zane has done that three times, winning his class and beating the over-200-lb winners (Mentzer and Robinson, twice) for the whole ball of wax.

So if Dexter was to do it, he would join just Franco Columbu and Frank Zane of the only people to hold both titles. That would be pretty cool.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2014, 06:43:59 AM »
So if Dexter was to do it, he would join just Franco Columbu and Frank Zane of the only people to hold both titles. That would be pretty cool.

Zane and Columbu did that simply because that's how the rules were at the time. The goal was to win the overall. We don't herald the guys for just winning the 200-lb+ classes (Waller, Mentzer, Robinson).

Weedlejuice

• Getbig III
  • Be the very best, like no one ever was.
« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2014, 04:09:26 AM »
im not seeing it..flex was weak in back and quads... had great arms and delts..but dex isnt a slouch there. flex's FDB was flat and was all arms..

One of my top favourites, great structure and balance between muscle groups, how hes kept his midsection so tight all these years boggles my brain.